It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyborg beetle loses free will...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Interesting stuff

US University shows Radio-controlled Live Beetle

So... obviously a new form of surveillance but to what extent will this led?
How close could they be to programing more advanced nerves systems?

Thanks for looking!
This is my first thread. Sorry if its a little bare.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Interesting article.
A good way to post is to pull a paragraph or sentence out of the article that gives an idea of what it is and add it in to the first post.
Good subject for first thread. I've never seen it.
The surveillance buffs will dig it.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Brace yourselves for the blowback from the first strike. The war is about to begin.

www.godlikeproductions.com...

Keep your eyes open, and observe carefully. This will be just the first phase of the final lesson for the impostors. I hope we will never reach the third phase. If we do, it will be the final completion of the final lesson. Done and over, once and for all. Permanently.

From this point on, every decision counts.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   

The University of California, Berkeley succeeded in the experiment of controlling a live rhinoceros beetle by radio and disclosed the video of the experiment at the MEMS 2009 academic conference taking place in Sorrento, Italy.

Researchers at the university controlled the movement of beetle wings and some other parts using radio signals sent to the six electrodes on its brain and muscles. They equipped the beetle with a module incorporating a circuit to send signals to the electrodes, wireless circuit, microcontroller and battery. The university has so far succeeded in several experiments of electrically controlling insects, but it used a radio control system this time.

This will be the hottest Xmas gift ever
Remote control bugs!

I cant wait until they come out with a RC controlled fly that will make all those mini chopper nuts so jealous!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
We can arm the bugs with rocket launchers chain guns etc. mount vid came on top there head for that 1st person perspective. then set up your hotkeys on your keybord for some high tech bug action.

god that would be awesome.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
It would bring new meaning to the term FPS

[edit on 30-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

haha

man thats amazing!!!

Battery Not Included LOL!!!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by theresult

Mount them with tiny laser cannons and fly em into a bees nest.

The bees would be like What the hell

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bringer
We can arm the bugs with rocket launchers chain guns etc. mount vid came on top there head for that 1st person perspective. then set up your hotkeys on your keybord for some high tech bug action.

god that would be awesome.

Declare war on your favorite ant hill!

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
LOL I dig the picture slayer, My only problem with all this, and maybe I'm getting all PETA on you guys, but doesn't anyone feel kinda sorry for the beetle?

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Jparkr2004

Told you they'd dig it.

Beetle bots - coming to stores for Christmas 2010

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

I'm pretty sure people will show respect for the dead.

Dead bug funeral kit

The Dead Bug Funeral Kit comes with a 32-page Illustrated Buggy Book of Eulogies with Ribbon Bookmark, Casket, Grave Marker, White Clay Flower, Burial Scroll, and Pouch of Grass Seed.

The Buggy Book of Eulogies contains 15 eulogies and 15 buggy illustrations for your Ant, Bee, Beetle, Butterfly, Caterpillar, Cockroach, Cricket, Doodlebug, Fly, Grasshopper, Ladybug, Lightning Bug, Praying Mantis, Spider or Stickbug. The poems are eulogies told by children who have lost their pet bugs to fate. Each book is handmade one at a time. The Kits are assembled by hand as well.

The Burial Scroll comes tied with a ribbon and deposited in the Casket. The Burial Scroll gives instructions for conducting burial ceremonies. Mourners may bury their loved ones outside in the garden or inside the tin box itself, filled with soil and planted with the grass seed provided.
Dead Bug Funeral Kit

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
For only
Dead Bug Funeral Kit
One Kit (1) is $20
Two Kits (2) are $35
Ground shipping & handling is $4 per kit within the U.S. International orders welcome. We've shipped to the U.K., Norway, and even Japan.

Operators are standing by.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Double post

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
LMAO!!!! Great one Slayer! How did you come up with that gem?

On a separate note, this OP isn't much of ground breaking news...we've had radio controlled beetles since the late 60's. But I think only Paul McCartney is still alive

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by midnightbrigade

I didn't know that I thought they were working on real robotic fly's not using real bugs

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Something similar was done with a rat a few years ago. You can probably find it with Google, if you are interested in this sort of thing. I don't remember what team did it, but it was not long after 9/11 and one of the applications they mentioned was sending them in to search rubble if something like that happened again.

posted on Jan, 30 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Beetles today.
Humans tomorrow.

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
ok i want one!!

hahaha this thread is so funny but so amazinngg

man i love being alive for silly things like rc bugs

haha

makes me want to star and flag again but i cant!! dammit

posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
If this wasn't made public like it has now and rather leaked by an insider noone would have believed this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join