It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who was the first Vampire

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I'm honestly suprised that, even with as old as this thread appears to be, there have only been two posts regarding the Countess Bathory. If there can truly be said to have been a vampire, or human exhibiting vampiric tendencies, it was undisputably the Countess. Why use sheer conjecture to determine the origin or nature of the vampire when one can more easily trace history? In my opinion, Bathory was most likely a vampire, albeit a sloppy one, and any fact regarding the matter must be drawn from her lifetime back; by tracing when she turned, possible candidates for her change, etc, it may be possible to determine the origin of the vampire by "geneology".
bathory.org...

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

If you are a Human, that is. I think the mainproblem when discussing Vampires, is that people tend to compare Vampires Physiology with that of a Humans, which is a misstake. The same would go for comparing Vampirebats with parrots.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
i believe the World of Darkness version of vampire lore uses a more realistic origin of the vampire, in the fact that Caine was cursed by God to forever walk the Earth feeding on the blood of His children for the murder of Abel. Plus it is more believable as it goes into the fact that the further down the generations you go the more diluted the vampire gene becomes, effectively stopping vampires of the 15th generation from entering the embrace and the fact that some vampires try to stay from the human eyes using superstition to protect themselves, as they are extremely outnumbered.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
All i shall share on this is that there was known to be a form of one as far back as five and a half thousand years ago, And he is known to be the oldest,
So i would assume that he would be the first 'vampire' of sorts,
Although 'vampirism' is completely the wrong term to use in this individual

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
as a person who loves to look into the unknown have u ever considered that maybe Isis yes Isis can be cosidered as one in any myths she is the one that many do dont know about but is known is some aspects of history maybe it should be looked into some more MAYBE!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
1 And after this, Adam and Eve were with one another and while they were sleeping, Eve said to Adam her lord: 'My lord, Adam, behold,

2 I have seen in a dream this night the blood of my son Amilabes who is styled Abel being poured into the mouth of Cain his brother and he went on drinking it without pity. But he begged him to leave him a little of it. Yet he hearkened

3 not to him, but gulped down the whole; nor did it stay in his stomach, but came out of his mouth. And Adam said, 'Let us arise and go

This is from "The apocalypse of Moses." which is part of the pseudogriphia of the Old Testament.

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Dracula was not based soley on vlad tepis bram stoker took the name of dracula from an ancient irisc cheiften called droch ula ( which means bad blood) who was said to be a blld drinker.. and is buried somwhere in the north of ireland ( he was buried upside down and a hawthorn tree planted over his grave

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I don't know if its been said yet because I couldn't be bothered to skim read past page 4.

The Book of Nod is an in character supplement for the Vampire the Masquerade Roleplaying Game, As is The Book of the Crone and The Erciyes Fragmant before anyone else tries to pull those in here.

The original VtM concept was truly inspired piece of work but that's all it is. Caine is probably still a good candidate for the first immortal human, but I don't think that makes him a vampire.

And Lilith is a demon, that is all.

Actually its not all how many people are going to come in and say well Caine came first then Lilith there's no way Caine the son of Eve, is going to give power to Lilith the other half of Adam consort of the Elohim, if your going to pass half remembered RPG supplements off as fact at least go reread them for the love of god.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by gYvMessanger]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
well i honastly have no idea what to think anymore with this website, there are ppl say so much a have no idea what to believe anymore, but its a good theory

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
"Lillat is truly lost of the Children of Iram, seduced by the infinite Words of the Dark. In bitterness at the loss of her Father, and in vengeance at mine own who has denied her the Garden, has she weaved the Darkness close about thee, so that thou must hide from the very Light of the World lest it burn thee, and drive thee to the ends of the River.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gryffen
look...were tryin to find answers...if u dont like the thread...dont look

its our rite...were not doing anything wrong...2 people trying to find answers with a lot of back up research...

now..leave us alone and let yus voice our opinions as see fit

oh and BTW...more than able to use the search function...but we decided to do our own from scratch...no harm done huh

[Edited on 12-4-2004 by Gryffen]

Aside form the atrocious spelling and grammar, this has been done lots here. This thread isn't unique.

I assume the third line is meant to say, "leave us alone and let us voice our opinions as we see fit". How are you able to justify requesting this of others when you yourself do not do this.

And as for not doing anything wrong, this is, more or less, nothing more than a duplicate thread. As far as I know this is considered against the rules.

<< 5  6  7   >>

join