It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Space Worm Photo

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Beamish

Dude, Jovian atmosphere born creatures are Arthur C. Clarkes idea. Just had to point that out for the love of all things British...
Regards the object in question, I have seen many videos on this site, which appear similar to this item. In the threads which featured the video'd objects, the general opinion was either "fake" or "silver/mylar balloon". Although they appear fleshed out in ground level photos, when they ascend to certain heights the air becomes thinner, and they loose thier solid appearance some what. What happens then , is they begin to move in very different ways. Arms will become independantly mobile of the main structure, and move around buffeted by wind. Often they begin a rotary motion . This can occur when the ballon encounters an eddy in the air flow, but it makes the balloon look like a spooky alien device, spinning and moving its "limbs", and causing light to be repeatedly reflected off it every rotation, giving the appearance of some kind of energy release.
Now , that said Im sure there are some very odd things up in that sky of ours. I just think this is a balloon is all Im saying. I mean there have been topics containing articles like this every once in a while , and every and I mean EVERY time, its just a fancy balloon.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Looks like there is a common opinion, the "balloon" one. Yes , it's probably the case, but imagine for a second that this thing could be some kind of top secret spy drone, made by some Area 51 guys to look like a balloon, and hover around for a few tryouts. Then they check ATS and other conspiracy-related websites, and approve the mass production when at least 50% of the opinions define it as "balloons" .
Far-fetched, yeah, but the balloon theory looks too weird .

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well done! I consider that to be the best explanation!

(2nd line)

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
There are these things called "solar balloons" that look exactly like this object. A search on youtube will show a lot of people are really into the "solar balloon" hobby.

Some are cylindrical, others are spherical. They can be any shape.

YouTube Solar Balloons

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matt_Mulder
Far-fetched, yeah, but the balloon theory looks too weird .

Oh yeah, I agree.

The balloon theory is just a hell of a lot more strange and far-fetched than your theory.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Electro38

The thing with Solar balloons is that they are black.

Black because it absorbs heat, thus creating the balloon effect.

Silver would reflect all the heat needed to turn it into a "balloon"

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

How exactly would bluriness be an indicator of large size? The blurring is an indicator or blurring, nothing more. The object is photographed against a plain blue background, the only size indicator would be background imagery, which we don't have - not even clouds.

To me this screams "fake". Partly because of the incredibly close similarity to the balloons, partly because after seeing this uniquely strange object the photographer only took a couple of photos, and mainly because the attitude exhibited in the photgraphers explanation is so bland and matter-of-fact. Think how you - or anyone you know - would react if you saw one of those things flying above your house.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Those balloons that keep getting released in the UK and Mexico, etc would be about as uncommon as siting a ufo where I live. And I actually do consider manufacturing and using things that could be mistaken for an actual siting to be a deliberate conspiracy by the cartel.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
The first thing that bothers me is that this is a still photo. A video would show more inforamtion about it's movement and speed if it was some type of balloon. What would be the advantage of a craft designed like this anyway? Would it spin like propeller? idk

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Matt_Mulder

Mr Mulder, you sir have brought a great big smile to my face!! Its those sort of posts that really make surfing this site worthwhile sometimes (from a humour perspective of course).

Never change my friend and keep chasing the dream!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
yOU know I am one of the first people to name solar balloons when something of this shape shows up, but this does not have that look or feel. It also reminds me eerily of the object that witnesses in the UK claimed to have seen when that wind turbine was broken. Could this be the same type of object?
This really does seem more like a new organism than a craft of any kind.
It also almost instantly made me wonder if this is what the ancients perceived to be angels. Something about this... tells me this is NOT to be easily dismissed. I think this bears further scrutiny. Lets not be quick to dismiss.
Denying ignorance can sometimes mean having hope of a real discovery.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   
First of all, the EXIF data of the photos does not show anything out of the ordinary. It shows that the photos were saved in Photoshop Elements 6.0, but that does not mean that the photo was altered more than just saved and/or cropped.

To me it looks like balloons (I suppose everybody was expecting that
), and I will try to compare the size of the object with some of the photos I took.

The camera is capable of making videos, but a 320x240 video would not have helped that much.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I think it's a balloon. With no reference to go by on how big or small it is then it's worthless. It could be a party balloon that's 20 inches long or 20 feet but we'll never know will we.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Electro38

The thing with Solar balloons is that they are black.

Black because it absorbs heat, thus creating the balloon effect.

Silver would reflect all the heat needed to turn it into a "balloon"

I have seen some that are reflective, I have to find the link. But there are all kinds a balloon stuff these days. Check out this thing:
Silver flying fish-ship

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
It does look like a solar ballon (weather balloons lol). If they were living atmospheric animals as one suggested we surely would have seen them before now. It also resembles a human chromosome which makes me think of creative photoshop work.

Regardless, it is a cool pic.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
This is clearly a signal beacon for the onset of a much larger force of unidentifiable images which will include even blurrier and more vague photographic evidence. I just hope we haven't waited too long before going public on the ATS site.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex

Originally posted by RFBurns
If that is one of those ballons of Phage's, it would have to be a very HUGE version of one.

But we dont have anything else in the photo to compare distance and altitude.

Exactly. So how can you make the determination of how big it would "have to be?"

Im not making any "determination", I am making an observation based on available data.

And the available data is a set of photos of something up in the sky, something that resembles a ballon, but could be something else, something that is reflecting light on two sides of its "arms" at the tips, and something that unfortunately has nothing else in the photos to judge altitude, size and distance.

50/50 as I was saying earlier. It could be a huge version of that ballon, or it might be a normal sized one and it just looks huge in the photo.

Again..50/50.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
First of all, the EXIF data of the photos does not show anything out of the ordinary. It shows that the photos were saved in Photoshop Elements 6.0, but that does not mean that the photo was altered more than just saved and/or cropped.

To me it looks like balloons (I suppose everybody was expecting that
), and I will try to compare the size of the object with some of the photos I took.

The camera is capable of making videos, but a 320x240 video would not have helped that much.

I wouldnt go that far to declare those photos went through photoshop entirely..for all we know those pictures could have come from the camera, through gimp, through thumbs, then photoshop, then posted. Each time being saved its going to alter those headers.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
If that is one of those ballons of Phage's, it would have to be a very HUGE version of one.

But we dont have anything else in the photo to compare distance and altitude.

50/50. A ballon...a real anomaly or UFO worm if you want to call it that.

Perhaps someone should take one of those ballons, let it loose and take photos of it as it goes up so we have different photos of the varying altitudes to compare with the OP photo.

I think that would put the case to rest as to what it is.
Why are some of you saying this is huge? We don't know the actual size of it, we don't know how high it is, and we have nothing to compare it to. I'm thinking its about 99.99% that its a balloon.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TravisT

*snip* are you people not reading what the heck I am typing in my posts!!!

I SAID there is NOTHING ELSE in the photo to COMPARE altitude, distance, size!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheesh sometimes I think some around here just nit pick at certian members to single them out or something...not sure what the motive is but I spot that crap from miles away.

Please...READ what I WRITE!!!

Thank you!

Cheers!!!!

profanity snipped

[edit on 1/29/2009 by Badge01]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join