It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Space Worm Photo

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
It doesn´t look a bit like a balloon, what are you people smoking?

I´m not saying its a UFO or anything but it certainly not a Balloon is it!!

Someone might have thrown a silver star fish up in the air and photographed it for all we know.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
yes on lunch break look whats that up in the sky... oh sure, who routinely just gazes at the sky? AND just happens to have a camera ready AT WORK...

sorry, in this day of technical photo wizardry, seeing is never believing...

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
So where's the giant luminescent space fish this worm is supposed to be baiting? That's what I wanna know.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I go along with the balloon theory.
Since it seems to have been shot during the day, im thinking that it`s a balloon up there with the sunlight shining / reflecting on or through it.
Yeah, Coast to Coast loves to sensationalize just about anything nowadays.
Looks pretty neat though, I would`nt mind having one!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

The photo linked to reminds me quite a lot of the individual who decided to post what apparently was a fake CGI globe because of the fact they used a very commonly available graphic from a popular CAD program. It really looks like the same work to me but that is just my impression of that.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

C2C does very little, to no, fact checking and rational discourse. Some see this as a good thing, as it allows an open forum for the broadcasting of ideas. However, all it really serves to do is fill up the show with so much bunk idiocy that it's often hard for listeners to siphon through might might have a nugget of truth and what is pure flight of fancy.

For example, I wonder just how many people were fooled by this hoaxer...

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Does anybody think it looks like a ufo orb carrier? The more one looks at it the more it seems that ufo orbs are bulging out of its tenticles.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
As I look at the picture more. It looks alot like a X Chromosome. With alleles running down each sister chromatid. It even looks like there is a centromere there ( The place where they chromosomes attach ). The second and third pictures look as if the ends of the chromosomes are lighting up, like the "aliens" are trying to tell us that these are the "junk" DNA aka genes that need to be activated to possibly make us more intelligent?

But an better explanation would be photoshop or balloons. Cool picture with out a doubt though.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Reminds me of the space serpents clip from this Nasa youtube docucheap... Watch from 2min6sec

Serpents, worms, in SPACE?!?!? Madness but I like it.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I'm keeping an open mind about this. I figure I don't know about everything in the universe, not even 1/10% of everything, so what the heck. Maybe things can live in space. After all, the NASA tests show there is a small lifeform from earth that can live in space. Perhaps these larger forms are just another living creature that can survive cold and vacuum.

I have read that there may be similar living organism that could survive the upper atmosphere of Jupiter and the like.

Hey, don't forget about air ferns...(ha). If they can do it, maybe there are higher forms.

You could be right about the orb carrier idea. It does seem to have attachments.

PS, as the OP, I want to thank everyone for maintaining objectivity on this thread. As far as the comments about CoastToCoast, I like their site. It comes up with some interesting new ideas and photos, like this one.

[edit on 29-1-2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Not sure what to make of that. It looks more organic than metalic. Interesting find.

Try 4 condoms blown up and tied together - more probably they left over helium after a party I done one in the hotel I worked at, hilarious (I thought so) just bite a small hole in the balloon and cos the comdom provides less resistance it fills right up.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This is not an aerial jellyfish. Please be forewarned that is disinformation.

This is a space god. Nothing but.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by futureguy

What is a space god?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufoorbhunter
Does anybody think it looks like a ufo orb carrier? The more one looks at it the more it seems that ufo orbs are bulging out of its tenticles.

You wouldn't know where I can buy one would you? I could take a picture and solve the problem

Car lots often use those long tubular balloons joined like that at the top of two intersecting arches. I saw one last summer go over my office that had got loose from a car lot. Looked the same except it still had a few of the other balloons attached to the end and was multiple colors.

If that was truly at a high altitude, which I doubt, it would be HUGE for that camera to capture it at that size.

Nice to see a UFO thread get some attention.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by MariaUpsideTown

optical illusions is good! but captured on video?

www.switched.com...

yep, here is an optical illusion that is moving. What do you see? I can make it switch back and forth.

And another, this one is really neat.
www.switched.com...

www.switched.com...

wow, on video

Originally posted by Electro38

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Electro38

I have seen some that are reflective, I have to find the link. But there are all kinds a balloon stuff these days. Check out this thing:
Silver flying fish-ship

I want one!!!

To stay on topic, I think the pic the op posted is of some kind of balloon. Our brain does all kinds of visual things for us.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I have had the feeling for years, that in addition to extraordinary metallic UFOs, a few of which I've seen, that there are diaphanous floaters as well. Creatures that start life in the oceans, larger and more loosely bound than life we are used to, and that can move into the air later on. I believe that some, not all, of the UFO sightings are of these. Light-as-air jellyfish, kind of. Some with bio-fluoresence that flashes and forms patterns, just like creatures in the darkest deep oceans. I believe they also have the same capability as the octopus in that they can match what is behind them, making them invisible when they need or want to be. That's why they can appear and disappear so quickly. They would be relatively intelligent, but nothing like us.

reply to post by theresult

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
As I looked at these photos I see the light reflection at different points along the arms. This suggests that the sun's reflection to the viewer is hitting a reflective surface. A clear type of ballon with interior mylar mirror reflecting sheets.

A recent investigation(I believe on the Discovery Channel not sure though) down in Latin America shows a TV producer using various ballons released from one area of his community and He(the producer) getting wonderful photos/TV footage. In other words makin a livin off interests in UFOs and Paranormal/Cryptozoology patrons. Getting his stuff on TV through selling "dramatic photos/videos".
As I investigated the "CoasttoCoastAM" photo by increasing the zoom level on your computer screen, one can see clearly it's man made!

To me it's ballons and somebody trying to get their 8 minutes of fame!
It used to be 15 minutes fame but with the economy downsizing you are now allowed only 8! Blame....oh gees I've forgotten that guys name!
Trust Me I'm a Salesman

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I love how you can clearly see who reads the entire thread and who doesn't.

Of course this thing doesn't look like your typical birthday balloon. If you noticed Phage's posting on the second page of this thread you'll notice silver palm like balloons that are put together to resemble a palm tree.

Very much like what is seen in these (2) photographs taken.

Now assuming that what is photographed is in fact these type of balloons put together then (or a display that magically ascended into the air) somebody would have HAD to have put helium in them in order for them to take flight as they surely did.

In short this guy that took the photographs is either A. Part of the prank or B. Like many of you that fell for the prank.

I'm not saying that the odds of this guy having a camera in his glove box while he was eating lunch in his truck at some construction site or where ever you'd work outside with your father are unlikely...but if he describes this thing as moving as "slow" as it did. I would certainly think he'd have more than just two pictures of the thing if it was such an uncommon and seemingly out of this world object.

Order some of these palm balloon extensions, fill them with helium, tie them together and let them go...find a nice clear blue sky and snap a photograph and then come back here and show us the exact same thing.

Until then cut the theatrics and quit feeding your imagination with this garbage.

And as far as Jelly Fish floating around in our skies goes...I fail to understand the logic in that as it seems physically impossible for anything of that organic make up to survive in a clear blue sky with the warm California sun beaming down on it.

Though if the people on ATS have taught me anything it's that ANYTHING is possible.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Can we all say weather ballon, I cant believe that as long as people have been posting here they dont know the difference btw ballons and space worms,,, hehe.. Weather ballons come in all shapes in sizes, it could also be some experiment by college's etc, it could easily be 2 weather ballons tangled together... either way, your easily gullable ...

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Zmurfix

So you're telling me that every UFO sighting is BS? I don't buy it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join