It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO accelleration rates.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Many wonder as to how one can be in a vehicle making manouvres at the rate of those practised by UFOs and not become tomato ketchup on the interior surfaces.

Well here you have my first view on the matter.

Firstly there is no one to say about the exact conditions created when a UFO speeds up or turns as it has been demonstrated on the evidence at hand. (questionable? - maybe not)

Further more what i have experienced myself lies on the following.

Up to about a year ago i was driving a normal everyday car.
0-100 km/hour is about 11 seconds. Pretty average. Still drive the same car.
About 16 months ago i aquired myself a BMW motorcycle.
0-100 km/hour is 3,7 seconds. Pretty fast. Makes the quarter mile in just over 10 seconds too. Still drive that too!

What has changed in the meantime is that i thought 0-100 in anything less than 5 seconds was quite an excitement and maybe some pressure to my body. Well it was not. Once i got used to the new sense and gained full control of my bikes capabillities i have ended up commuting perfectly safe (both for me and others - and by the way i don t practice this everywhere...) while utillising the full accelleration and decelleration abilities
of my bike on the two axis. By now it feels perfectly normal while previously i thought it was insane, unsafe, and could not be practised routinely.

It s a matter of your abilities and how good a tool you use for the job.

I understand that moving on a three axis space is more physsicaly demanding, like in the case of our fighter pilots.

However is it the case we overestimate the phenomenon, given that UFO are incomparably better at doing what they do?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I drive a chevy truck every day, ride a custom chopper when it's nice out and also have a 500+ hp street car. So what??? Your comparing apples to computer chips. Theres no similarties at all between a conventional aircraft and a flying disc of UFO. Something that can accelerate from 0 to 1000mph in a split second and hang a right turn without skipping a beat would destroy any machinery that we know of, not to mention that the person flying it would be liquified from the g forces on your body that it would create.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
you can find a very formal presentation (video) on the case for Anti Gravity here.

take a look and write back,

thanks, Lord Thumbs

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I drive a chevy truck every day, ride a custom chopper when it's nice out and also have a 500+ hp street car. So what??? Your comparing apples to computer chips. Theres no similarties at all between a conventional aircraft and a flying disc of UFO. Something that can accelerate from 0 to 1000mph in a split second and hang a right turn without skipping a beat would destroy any machinery that we know of, not to mention that the person flying it would be liquified from the g forces on your body that it would create.

well my friend i agree with you!

However my point is to state the relativity and difference of perspective.
i suggest you go higher up on my thread and read carefuly where i state:

...there is no one to say about the exact conditions created when a UFO speeds up or turns........

On the other hand i will go to AntiGravity

as my friend LordThumbs stated and then come back!
Farewell.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I would imagine in most UFOs (and this is just an opinion and what i've heard in some abduction cases) that the seats used in UFOs are really advanced.
You sit in the chair and it sinks a little enveloping you inside of it. I would also imagine that when turning sharply , the chair itself would flex and move like a goo like substance just enough to support the G's. Nothing we have is anything like this.

These chairs would be ultra sensitive and there's still the fact that we don't know how anti gravity reacts. xD

as my friend LordThumbs stated and then come back!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
You see this is the issue, IMO (In my Opinion
)

We have absolutely NO IDEA what technology they have and how they apply it. The most common problem on this and many other site is that WE (we as speculators and scientists and professors and so-called Ufologists) assume that the same law of physics apply to them as what applies to us.

Think outside the box here people.

For all we know they breathe cyanide and snarf spacedust for fun. My point being, we have ZERO idea what kind of physics, if any, applies to them. They maybe even be suspended in a force field inside their little 5m ship which isolates them from any type of physical effect. We just don't know.

But keep the speculations coming, please, it makes for a good read though.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by bskivss3
But keep the speculations coming, please, it makes for a good read though.

Gladly

Maybe they have technology that can actually morph them into one with the craft. The term physical being the keyword here,,

I remember Corso stating the entities were actually the craft itself and/or part of it. While I don't really trust Corso and many of his exaggerated claims, nevertheless.. his area was foreign technology for at least a while. So perhaps some of his claims may have had actual merit?

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Most likely these UFO's incorporate some kind of inertia-dampning technology that basically puts both the craft and occupants inside the craft, into a form of isolation from external gravitic forces, which means that these craft generate their own internal gravity fields thus are able to zig zag at super speeds and not be smashed up against the walls and turn into bug splat.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
to zig zag at super speeds and not be smashed up against the walls and turn into bug splat.

LOL, I can see in my minds eye these little 3ft dudes ping-ponging off the walls like a rubber ball.

Kinda like pinball

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Inertial cancellation nullifies any limits to motion. Power requirements become negligible. Acceleration becomes instantaneous. The speed of light is attainable (possibly exceedable).

The problem is that inertia seems to be an inherent property of matter. Bummer.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

And what about anti-matter Phage?
or dark matter?

Not a one liner

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

Antimatter has mass so it has inertia (and exerts gravitational force). It's the charges of the subatomic particles that are reversed, other than that it behaves like normal matter.

Dark matter (whatever it is), likewise, follows the rules as far as gravity goes, that's why we can guess it's there. It just doesn't play by the rules for electromagnetic interactions (making it hard to see). Inertia? Since it is "matter" and exerts gravitational force, it's hard to imagine inertia not being part of the picture.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   

reply to post by RFBurns

Inertial cancellation nullifies any limits to motion. Power requirements become negligible. Acceleration becomes instantaneous. The speed of light is attainable (possibly exceedable).

This is a good explanation...from our level of technological understanding Phage. But unless your admitting here that we do have craft that can zig zag at Mach 14 and keep our pilots from turning into bug splat on the canopy window, I would say that it is most likely probably that my theory to how these aliens can zip across the sky in gravity or out in zero gravity, must have a knowledge and technology that does not apply to our understanding of physics...wouldnt that seem logical? They must have something that brings matter into another realm so that mass is either reduced or as you pointed out, nullified, making motion limitless.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 29-1-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

I admit noTHING!
To maneuver in that manner inertial nullification would be required.

Not a new notion BTW. See Andrew Jackson Libby; inertialess, reactionless drive.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

I admit noTHING!

I didnt think you was.

Exactly which was my whole point. Unless you can zero out those external g forces there is no way anything or anyone could withstand those forces generated while making a sudden right turn at light speed.

Not a new notion BTW. See Andrew Jackson Libby; inertialess, reactionless drive.

Ive read that material! Excellent btw.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Bear in mind that Inertial nullification, "anti gravity" etc. are not required if an object is uniformly accelerated. You or I could happily endure otherwise crushing accelerations in a gravitational field if it were not for the presence of ground (excl. tidal effect).

Other races may have developed technologys that are able to accelerate "neutral" matter uniformly with fields in a similar way to gravity, but perhaps acting on a different component of matter.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   

reply to post by RFBurns

I admit noTHING!

Yep! a craft fitted out with its own gravitation field to oppose the forces of a natural/terra gravity field.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   

We have absolutely NO IDEA what technology they have and how they apply it. The most common problem on this and many other site is that WE (we as speculators and scientists and professors and so-called Ufologists) assume that the same law of physics apply to them as what applies to us.

So basically, it's done by magic. Arthur C Clark was right. It seems to me we should stop trying to explain the inexplicable and concentrate on what we do know.

WG3

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by waveguide3

So basically, it's done by magic. Arthur C Clark was right. It seems to me we should stop trying to explain the inexplicable and concentrate on what we do know.

WG3

What ever!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Spot on.

The only way I can see it, is if a craft does a 90 degree turn at 1000mph, every particle that makes up the craft, and it's occupants. must simultaneously make the turn. Even the particles that make up your coffee. If this occured, there would be no G force.

Whatever force responsible for making a craft perform such a turn, must affect every particle involved (assuming the particle has mass). This means there would be no inertia.

No matter how fancy the seat and how well it restrains you, it will not stop your eyeballs popping out your head if you come to a sudden stop at high speed. Not to mention the same force affecting every other part of your body.

Originally posted by Bob Down Under
Yep! a craft fitted out with its own gravitation field to oppose the forces of a natural/terra gravity field.

Inertia has nothing to do with gravity. As an example, inertia still exists in space. If you were in a space shuttle in space with no gravity and someone threw a hammer at you, you would feel it the same as you would here on Earth. If you came to a sudden stop in space at high speed, that hammer would still go through the windscreen (so to speak).

[edit on 29/1/09 by NuclearPaul]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join