It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Warns White House Will 'Create Crisis' and 'Panic' to Push Stimulus

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Well they just passed it in the house. The senate is a given as well. Where is the created crisis and panic at? More regurgitated crap.

You also have made my ignore list because nothing you post has an intellectual thought in it as well. I hope I hope I have lots of room because 90% of the people here follow the same M.O.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

Well, at least he was courteous enough to tell me I've been ignored. I'd have hated to assume he was deaf and dumb when wondering why he stopped responding to my posts.

So somebody pleas do me a favor and quote me on this so dbh here can read it...

'Fear' is rarely a single pinpoint in time. It is a process, often one which grows and thrives over the course of time. The passage of laws and bills in our system is similar. Just because Congress passed this doesn't mean it is over. Even if the Senate passes it, it will not be over. I suspect fear will play a powerfull role in justifying, defending, and eventually adding more money we don't have into this bill. But what do I know? I am just a dumb old proletariat after all.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

Just block it out aye? What kind of website were you looking for when you found this one? Does it bother you that the Sec of the Treasury failed to pay his taxes for 7 years? Does he deserve his position..thats a pretty large "mistake".

I'm not saying I beleive in Bmans ideas, but its a forum..man dont just block out the people you dont agree with its what makes it good.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
[edit on 29-1-2009 by The Bald Champion]

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

THE HERITAGE FOUNDATION???

This a credible unbiased person to listen to!

This smells very ROVIAN... Take a concept from your shortfalls category and tack it on yer foe.

I think all the jobs lost in the past couple days is the beginning of this insidious plot!

I'm sorry BM30O6, but this ones a reach. The source is hardly an objective reporter.

IF it happens and I'm wrong I will eat a rat turd and smile while chewing. IMO this stinks of sensationalism and the daily hunting party, sorry.

The screwing has already taken place people, this is the cuddle period.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Well, well, well... seems like Obama is doing exactly what he was predicted to do, that being creation of panic (or at least attempting to do so) to ramrod his leftist wish list, excuse me, "stimulus package" through the Senate.
news.yahoo.com...

"Let's not make the perfect the enemy of the essential," Obama said as Senate Republicans stepped up their criticism of the bill's spending and pressed for additional tax cuts and relief for homeowners. He warned that failure to act quickly "will turn crisis into a catastrophe and guarantee a longer recession."

and then there's this (which has little to do with crisis or panic, but everything to do with the way Obama does business.):
news.yahoo.com...

President Barack Obama said Tuesday that keeping a "protectionist" clause in Congress's version of his economic stimulus bill would be a "mistake," following sharp protests from US trading partners.

In an interview with Fox News Channel, one of a flurry of encounters with US television anchors, the president weighed in on a "Buy American" proposal which has sparked alarm in Europe, Canada and other parts of the world.

"I agree that we can't send a protectionist message. I want to see what kind of language we can work on this issue," Obama said in the interview in the Oval Office.

"I think it would be a mistake though, at a time when worldwide trade is declining, for us to start sending a message that somehow we're just looking after ourselves and not concerned with world trade."

Yet he is also on record as saying the following:
news.yahoo.com...

"But what we can't do is let very modest differences get in the way of the overall package moving forward quickly," Obama told reporters in the Oval Office.

Interesting, when the Republicans & moderate Democrats disagree with something Obama has placed into the package, it's a "modest difference" and the bill should still be passed with those modest differences because we don't want to see any catastrophes happen. HOWEVER, God freaking forbid there's something the Senate places in the bill which Lord Obama disagrees with because he'll damn sure raise a stink over it, calling attention to it as being anything but a modest difference.

The man has been in office for only a couple of weeks and I've already puked in my mouth more times than I can count over this supposed stimulus bill.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Excellent!! Way to stay on the case. Obama is beginning to sound like a door to door carpet salesman. Buy today folks ... I only have 3 remnants left at this price.

posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Thumbs up OP!

You can't call something a stimulus when all they are really doing is taxing the people who are working, and then giving it right back. 2-2+2 still equals 2. A real stimulus package can only happen if the goverment has a surplus of money, which it doesn't, and then redistributes that actual and real surplus. Instead of letting stupid corperations get money they don't deserve(because they are failing), our goverment is printing money OUT OF THIN AIR!? Sorry but I don't want to use my combat wheelbarrow as a wallet for millions of worthless notes.
If some people cant' make it without money, they failed life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join