It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Warns White House Will 'Create Crisis' and 'Panic' to Push Stimulus

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Senator Warns White House Will 'Create Crisis' and 'Panic' to Push Stimulus

businessandmedia.org

Is the new Obama administration taking cues from the Bush administration to get Congress to act? It certainly seemed that way to, South Carolina’s junior Republican senator, Jim DeMint.

DeMint, speaking Jan. 27 at The Heritage Foundation in Washington, D.C., explained the Obama administration will “create crisis and widespread panic” just like its predecessor in order to get Congress to act expeditiously.

“I’ve been around long enough to know whenever someone tells me I have to make a decision right now, my response is no,” DeMint said. “That clears it up right away and I think more and more the Bush administration and now this administration knows that they’re not going to get a quick reaction out of Congress unless they create crisis and widespread panic. And that’s going to be their M.O. to get Congress to act.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Another senator, James Inhofe, R-Okla., explained the Bush administration used a similar tactic, under the direction of former Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson, to get the $700-billion TARP bailout bill passed by Congress back on Oct. 4, 2008.

It's beginning to become clearer every day that Obama's promised "change" is so radical and so massive that it encompasses a full 360 degrees... leaving us right where we left off when Bush set his nose back into the Texas wind last week.

This definitely bears watching over the coming weeks, as I can't imagine this administration showing the patience it would take to wait months to implement any plan designed to get them their way. Very disturbing times we're living in, folks.

It will also be interesting to see how quickly the Obama administration takes another play from the Bush playbook and starts labeling any voter, senator, or congressman who dares publically denounce his "stimulus" plans as a traitor, unAmerican, or as simply "playing politics" (which seems to be Obama's favorite slur against anyone who has the balls to call him out on something or disagree with one of his stated ideas.)

businessandmedia.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-1-2009 by burdman30ott6]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Yet people will be in here posting to defend the new admin, rejoicing in the change and generally sticking their heads in the sand.

Can everyone spell the word PROPAGANDA?

The flock will follow and they'll panic when they're told to panic.

Good news item, Burdman. It's telling it like it really is.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
It is called a playbook. It has been proven to be very effective throughout history, so why deviate from it? These worthless senators jump right on board every time they use this trick, so why are they "warning" us about it now?

The people saw through this crap when the shoved the "bailout" down our throats, yet our miscreant senators went ahead and passed it anyways. So senator DeMint, thanks a lot for using the same trick to undermine your opposition but I would prefer if you did your freaking job and served the people instead of selling them down the river.

How about you work on convincing your criminal brethren rather than preaching to the choir?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Great post Karl, and good thread OP.

But let's clarify "the people" shall we? How about we make that "the 5 to 10% of the masses that are smart enough to visit websites like this one, or who even care."

Well, you know after all these years it was bound to happen. That small statistical percentage worked its way up into Congress. YAY! At least maybe there's someone now up there aware of these things. Ron Paul almost qualifies too, and does in some areas. But he is very careful about the battles he chooses, and for good reason. He's a bit like Alex Jones in that sense. It is more important for him to remain a voice in Congress rather than perpetuate ideas and forebodings that could compromise his position to the extreme. And he's already riding the line pretty close with his advocacy of eliminating the fed and returning to a gold standard. Cynthia McKinney, a bit questionable, but still aware.

If we have a fricken Senator telling us this, and admitting to their deceptive, frog in boiling pot ways, maybe this will help sway some of those who really don't know what to think of us or the "crazy" ideas that have been proposed around here and on other sites.

So the question is, what crisis will they create next? They know something that they are not telling us and the evidence of preparation is plain and clear.

20,000 troops

the seed vault

the FEMA camps

the box cars and shackles

the gradual, complete removal of peoples freedoms

the gradual usurping of the constitution

elimination of habeus corpus

the patriot act

illegal wiretapping

the selling out of the American people by the telecoms to the NSA

cameras everywhere

militarization of civil police forces beyond all necessity

regulations of the right to bear arms to the point that all we can own are pea shooters compared to what they have

centralization of power to the federal government where it should be held in the states

Nibiru/planet x?

And so much more.

[edit on Wed Jan 28th 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Telling us the world's economy was going to implode was enough to get it through last time.
Maybe when that stops working they take it to the next level.

I honestly don't see how they got the first bailouts...I mean "rescues" to pass.
Every poll I saw, most people chose the "Let them Fail" option.

Nothing I've seen recently indicates that the majority gets what it wants anyway.

Stars for the OP...

Peace

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Easy there people, he hasnt done anything of the sort yet. Right now are taking the word from ONE junior senator from south carolina of the opposiing party.

I am no fan of the stimulus plan since it will certainly eliminate any remaining worth of the dollar but lets not start accusing Obama of being like the Bush administration.

Though one wonders if the reason they got along so well was because they represent the same grand ideals.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
"Change we can believe in"

Obama has "Changed" his mind on a lot of things that led him to the office.
The people will be spending what little "Change" they have left to buy a days rations.
The tycoon CEO's have "Changed" their bank accounts from US based to neutral foreign companies.
The price of ammunition is about to see some additional "Change" in its selling price.
The ability to legally defend yourself, family, property is about to "Change" to being illegal to own the devices that protect you.
Senators and Congressmen...nope, that ones just TOO easy.

There is change. Its in the form of little copper colored coins laying on my desk. My rainy day savings fund is down to a half a jar of coins that wouldnt get me through a day.

I am so proud of my fellow citizens for their efforts. Now, go compare youtube videos of the road to election and days following and see how so many of you sold out what was left of your country.

As for the stimulus package...I think I heard a congressman mention it equates to about $10 per week for the average household. WOW! I feel stimulated. McDonals can look forward to another bump in revenues.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by tezzajw
Yet people will be in here posting to defend the new admin, rejoicing in the change and generally sticking their heads in the sand.

Can everyone spell the word PROPAGANDA?

The flock will follow and they'll panic when they're told to panic.

Good news item, Burdman. It's telling it like it really is.

In other words you are saying the names may change but the story remains the same.

When was the last time the story did change? How long have we been the extras waiting for our lines from MSM to help support a world scripted by TPTB?

We know better. We are not stupid. We see what is going on. Yet we “do” bury our heads in the sand or close our eyes while chanting the mantra; "It is only a dream." "It is only a dream." Some of us really think that when we open our eyes it is going to be a new day and all will be right with the world.

I don't know how much of what we believe is deception and how much is self delusion. Nor do I know what it is going to take to get people to act to save their rights and their country. I do know that if it does not happen soon it will be too late.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I suppose that no one sees the irony of this?

...Republicans speaking...
...Crisis...
...Hidden agenda...
...Heritage Foundation...
...demagoguery...

I jest, I jest...

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Wait a second...

So there is really nothing at all to be concerned about?

All the "crises" and "panic" and 70,000 jobs disappearing on Monday is all part of a sham to get Congress to sign a bill?

Oh well if that's the case then I guess the world ISNT melting down.

Silly me for thinking that the financial crisis was real.

So hilarious that the "loyal opposition" stood behind the mass hysteria of WMD, but now, with the world collapsing all around us, they want to act as if the President is manufacturing fear? Really?

[edit on 28-1-2009 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

TA... that was another funny one... I was with you up till that last mention..

Nibiru?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Yes Nibiru.

Oh, haven't you heard? We are doomed!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

And don't forget to add to your list the closed session of Congress last Spring.

First the jobs report on Monday, then DeMint's comments, people selling everything they own, others resorting to even more desperate measures like the family in CA. Obviously there has been an escalation of bad news info-bombs as the economy has tanked, but it seems now we have an even greater amount than I could have imagined. Has anyone else picked up on the straight up deluge of oppressive fear-mongering news in the past few days?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Wait a second .

So there is really nothing at all to be concerned about?

All the "crises" and "panic" and 70,000 jobs disappearing on Monday is all part of a sham to get Congress to sign a bill?

The problem is, when the president says, "If you don't pass this bailout package by next week, the worlds economy will collapse" it gets shoved through with no oversight.

Perhaps if all that money we forked over actually went toward easing the credit freeze some of those jobs wouldn't have been lost.

Can you tell us where it all went? I didn't think so.
Nobody else can either.

They're all just run of the mill politicians, bankers, lobbyists, and crooks.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by lernmore]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
And don't forget to add to your list the closed session of Congress last Spring.

Roger that. There's so much more, but that was just off the top of my head quick like.

First the jobs report on Monday, then DeMint's comments, people selling everything they own, others resorting to even more desperate measures like the family in CA. Obviously there has been an escalation of bad news info-bombs as the economy has tanked, but it seems now we have an even greater amount than I could have imagined.

But but but.... I thought everyone was sooooo happy about Obama getting elected? My God. I've never seen BH smile so much in all my stay here.

Has anyone else picked up on the straight up deluge of oppressive fear-mongering news in the past few days?

Well yeah, I suppose, but it's kinda hard to hang around ATS and get good news (unless you're in love with Obama that is)- maybe we need a good news forum. Hunka and BH would have a field day!

[edit on Wed Jan 28th 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Looks like the only people panicking is you guys and the distinguished senator from South Carolina.

Obama doesn't need to incite panic. Have you taken a look at the numbers recently? People are already there, panicking.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Have you stopped to wonder why it is that the stock market and individual companies' stock figures have recently gone up as soon as they announce a massive layoff? Hasn't that struck you as just a bit odd that companies are being financially rewarded for reporting horrible earnings and laying off thousands? This is a new phenomenon and, honestly, it is one which has been making me lose sleep at night. Something feels "wrong" here, and one of the possible conclusions I've lit upon is that there are dealings taking place behind the scenes between the federal plunge protection team and the treasury and these companies. In other words, the government is promising these corporations "If you layoff several thousand workers to add to the overall view of pain and crisis, we will reward you handsomely and after the stimulus package is passed, you can return to your previous business plans."

I have no proof of this theory and that's really all it right now, a theory or even just a hunch... but it's not something I'd be surprised by. Disheartened and disgusted, yes... surprised, no.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

You do realize that your plan makes no sense at all right? For you to even have the nerve to suggest that, I think you'd need to have at least done a few things:

1) Examined these companies' financial statements

2) Figured out that they were still earning good profits and didn't need to lay off.

3) Shown why so many companies are going bankrupt or closing all of their stores (that's an easy one and it's economics 101).

It's a nice theory, but it really explains nothing and it has no real backing behind it. Don't you think it is dangerous to align your politics with theories that you yourself admit you can't prove because you have no actual cause to believe it?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck
Don't you think it is dangerous to align your politics with theories that you yourself admit you can't prove because you have no actual cause to believe it?

Not at all, it's called "brainstorming" and it used to be considered a usefull tool for thinking outside the box. As for actual cause, explain to me why Wall Street is suddenly rewarding companies for posting losses and shedding employees, thus further deteriorating the overall economy. There's no logic in that. I think anyone with any sense at all will agree with me that there's clearly been market manipulation occuring. As for who's doing the manipulating, it isn't like the federal government has any history of manipulating things behind the scenes, is it?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join