It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is overwhelming. This is it folks.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
You people REALLY worry me.
If you can't solve anything with dialogue then you shouldn't have a gun.

I don't want to offend anyone, but once I read the opening post and saw the despair and the read where another was sleeping with a gun, my thoughts were much like Mr-Lizard's.

Things tend to get blown out of proportion if we allow it to come to that degree in our minds. Fear surely controls and in itself can become a monster of sorts, which will lead the individual to see no end in any given circumstance, leading that individual to an unstable mind, resulting in very unstable judgement and behavior.

My first advice would be to put the gun away and then however your fear is being fed, cut that line and stop nourishing it.

[edit on 1/27/2009 by jdposey]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 11:31 AM
link   
We can not be controlled unless we want to be. They can kill us and they can kill everyone one around us but they can not make you do anything unless you agree to the terms.

Example: You want me to dig you a ditch. I refuse. You threaten to beat me. I refuse. You beat me. I still refuse. You threaten to kill me. I refuse. You kill me. I still have not dug your ditch.

Now the next argument will be that the guy that watched this exchange will then dig the ditch. I say then he has agreed to the terms. If he does not agree to the terms then he will either suffer the same fate as the person that went before him or you will have to find another way to get you ditch dug.

We have got to stop thinking in the terms of the past. A new day is dawning and we are the foundation of a new world. We get to choose. We get to make the rules. We even get to choose the currency. Our world will be what we choose to make it. The other guy wins only if we agree to play by his rules using his ball.

I say we change the rules get rid of the ball and make a new game.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
i was banned from ats for writing this, thanks everyone for sharing and helping, i got a grip now, but the whole place sure looks like its burning. Just at my factory they idefinetly laid off 180 guys.

that is john deere, wonder why i got banned, i had to come here on a proxy, someone with a membership will you please check the status of my membership on the members page?

NOTANWOFOLLOWER

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
i was banned for this

off proxy

not a nwo follower,

please someone check my member status

thanks

op of this post banned for what?

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdposey

Originally posted by mr-lizard
You people REALLY worry me.
If you can't solve anything with dialogue then you shouldn't have a gun.

I don't want to offend anyone, but once I read the opening post and saw the despair and the read where another was sleeping with a gun, my thoughts were much like Mr-Lizard's.

Things tend to get blown out of proportion if we allow it to come to that degree in our minds. Fear surely controls and in itself can become a monster of sorts, which will lead the individual to see no end in any given circumstance, leading that individual to an unstable mind, resulting in very unstable judgement and behavior.

My first advice would be to put the gun away and then however your fear is being fed, cut that line and stop nourishing it.

[edit on 1/27/2009 by jdposey]

I third this advice. Guns are not going to solve the situation. You will never find power in anything that can be taken away from you.

You are the power.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Whilst I mainly agree with solving problems with dialog , a lot of the time it doesn't really help when the one who wants to have a go at you is a , how shall I put it?, a mental retard.

There have been times ( one in particular) when I defused the situation by tallking to the guy ( he was in my back yard , and quite rude, he was holding a screw driver ready to stab ) and I talked him into leaving.

But these days people seem to want to have a go because they can , and they have something to prove to their mates.

If I can't talk anyone down , I'd prefer to run away but if it's a Mob then I'm also afraid that I'd have to resort to at least pointing a gun ( should I ever have one).

I hope the day never comes that people will have to resort to that method to protect life and property, but the majority of people today seem to be mentally incapable of ubderstanding what your trying to say.

One time I said to a guy " I fight battles only with intelect , but I never fight an unarmed man" , I chuckled as I could see his face as he was trying to figure it out.....

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightSkyeB4Dawn
[I third this advice. Guns are not going to solve the situation. You will never find power in anything that can be taken away from you.

I think they will solve the situation if the only people that are crazy enough to rush out and buy a gun, will usually be crazy enough to eliminate themselves from the gene pool

But seriously guys.....c'mon

[edit on 28/1/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   

I sleep with mine next to me so Im right there with you on security blanket.

Why do people feel the need to sleep with your gun ? You might shoot yourself in the head. Better yet your wife or kids. Sure there is bad people out there , but locks on your doors and slash proof fly wire on your windows should keep them out , true?
Who do you think is going to be coming in to your bed at night?
I don't see the need for such drastic actions..

Imagine I'm your neighbor and i am 15 years old . We're playing night time baseball and my ball goes over your fence, you think im some criminal coming to rob you and you kill me. You'd feel great wouldn't you.

On average, how many times do you use your gun each year to shoot down a criminal ? I doubt once a year .
The average suburban house would not be robbed whilst the person is inside , it would be done whilst they are out.

The chances of hurting someone close to you , or a child using it on themselves highly outweighs the chances of being robbed. Get a baseball bat or a security system.

Average home owners shouldn't need to sleep with a gun. Period.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by avail]

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Most may not agre with you avail...but I am there

I do indeed have a gun for home protection and it is in my bedroom but to this day not a soul has tried to do anything...owned it for 6 years now and have never fired it once at a person

I know this will be very unpopular...but I think people are way too paranoid and some think somebody is always after them. I am always afraid of what you said...not thinking quick enough and shooting my wife or something like that

I protect myself...to a degree that is needed and no further

besides...curling up with my wife is safer...

she's warm, cute, lovey, non-metallic, and the worst she'll do is go off...verbally

-Kyo

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

Glad you're with me , just making a point..planting seeds if you will. Im sure people are aware. It's just a totally different world over here. No one has guns. Maybe some do , but we have strict rules on them.

Anyway , on with the topic at hand..

ps. I think yall are crazy.
Let the positives take over the negatives and go ahead with the flow of the mind , nuff said. Better tackle the problem don't let it rise above the head , keeping it above water is not to get caught up in the current mind of others under towed by disorder. (yes it rhymes)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join