It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO emitting beam seen by many villagers!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

A mysterious UFO was witnessed by dozens of residents of a number of villages in Western Russia on the night of the January 6 2009. The UFO was orb shaped and changed colour from glowing white to electric blue. It periodically emitted a white laser beam in the direction of the ground. The UFO travelled in a manner unlike any man made craft. The incident was widely reported in the Russian media but unsurprisingly received no media coverage anywhere else.

Link

Is there a logical explenation to this or is it the real thing?

[edit on 26-1-2009 by SuperSlovak]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Even during the former Soviet Union government, Russia has always been far more open and honest about UFO's than any western government or news media...ever.....and still is.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Dude!

Seriously!

Search!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
That is freaking wicked! I can't believe it wasn't picked up by at least CNN! I think they are getting braver! Getting caught, just not any clear, still, or close video good enough for absolute proof. Maybe soon! Don't understand the Russian government......oh wait! Yes I think we are just in a different "cold war." Sorry for rambling.

[edit on 1/26/2009 by PammyK]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Could it be something like this?
apod.nasa.gov...

It came up on another thread.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Possible. But in that first picture, it doesnt look like there are alot of city lights or bright lights from the ground of any kind. In fact it looks like the picture was taken out in a rural area.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
search does not work for me. sorry

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
It seems that the beam should be behind the tree.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Another thinig about that beam being from high intensity lights is that the beam in the first picture is too coherent, too focused in the beam pattern as it travels down to the ground. The NASA
theory picture, the "beams" are dispersed, just like you would get from a focused light shining through a mist or ice particles.

As to the beam should be behind the tree, it looks like it would have to be, but that could also be becasue of the angle of the camera looking up, causing an optical illusion that the beam source is byond the tree and thus the beam should also be behind the tree.

Also its hard to determine if the beam is at an angle towards the camera postion, which if the source was behind the tree, and the beam was aimed in the direction of the camera, the result would be what we see in the picture, the beam in front of the tree.

An interesting photo thats for sure.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   

(The above image is an illustration only and unconnected to the event)

umm isn't this a fake photo ?

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Dont know. Was the video that was removed that contained this picture ever found to conclude it is in fact a produced image for a video documentary?

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperSlovak
search does not work for me. sorry

Does scrolling not work either?

The earlier post was only 12 lines down from where yours was

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by PammyK
...just not any clear, still, or close video good enough for absolute proof...

Unfortunately, there never will be. If a UFO landed on your front lawn and you took 20 good quality photos of it, that's not good enough given CGI capabilities of computers these days.

Electronic proof simply doesn't exist. The majority of people will only believe in them when they actually see them.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

chadwickus - seriously! Dude! A mod should come stick needles in your post, but if that doesn't happen I would like to mention that your response was not well-delivered.

I don't have to say it, but I just did.

On another note - I just mused lightly on the fact that there haven't been many good UFO stories of late (only 4 other posting to threads on Alien&UFO besides this so far in 2009) and then wham! Here it is ... now time to read the explanations...

[edit on 27-1-2009 by chetinglendalevillage]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by chetinglendalevillage
reply to post by Chadwickus

chadwickus - seriously! Dude! A mod should come stick needles in your post, but if that doesn't happen I would like to mention that your response was not well-delivered.

I don't have to say it, but I just did.

On another note - I just mused lightly on the fact that there haven't been many good UFO stories of late (only 4 other posting to threads on Alien&UFO besides this so far in 2009) and then wham! Here it is ... now time to read the explanations...

[edit on 27-1-2009 by chetinglendalevillage]

It's not well delivered because SuperSlovak posted another thread 3 hours earlier that already had 2 discussions on it.

See here:

He's just being lazy!

[edit on 27-1-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Please use the previously existing thread for discussion.

Thread Closed.

new topics

top topics

join