It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Headquarters Occupied

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

BBC Headquarters Occupied

freeandindependent.wordpress.com

Up to 100 protesters have seazed the Glasgow BBC headquarters and are occupying it. The move follows yesterday's protest in London against the Blockade on Gaza. Thousands marched demanding the BBC air the Gaza Aid Appeal. The BBC refused.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
This is possibly the first sign of civil unrest in the UK. Recently we have seen civil unrest across Europe. Protests in Iceland over the Central Bank has lead to a new election, the finance minister having already resigned. The prime-minister was attacked but not hurt.

The question is, will the current actions undertaken by the Stop the War Coalition spill over into the other smoldering pots in Britain's economic recession?

freeandindependent.wordpress.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Let's hope so, the UK needs a good shake up so all the rotten fruits come down the tree.

Let it be the start of a major movement.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
All i have to say is...GOOD.

Good for the people of the UK to rise up and demand more from they're government and they're media outlets. In a democracy the media and the government are suppose to operate with the interests of the people in mind, regardless of political or religious affiliation.

The fact that the BBC won't air those aid ads is ridiculous, and they reason they gave for it is also ridiculous.

Anyway, i'm proud of those people today, finally showing that we've had enough and things should change immediatly.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Aye, I hope this spreads to the rest of the UK as well. Especially in London, if people in London suddenly did this...it would shake the BBC and the government quite a bit.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by twist dnb

This is dangerous. Israel is not the UK. Protest peacefully but taking over buildings is not on. This is maybe a sign of things to come.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoorbhunter

Protest peacefully so long as it works. But if you do so for too long, people stop taking an interest...then it has to go up a level unfortunately. So long as nobody gets hurt, I am all for it... once somebody is hurt by these protestors..tehy lose my support.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

I would much rather them be taking over buildings them throwing molotov's at the riot police. What these people are doing is protesting the correct way. Showing that a large number of people are who decide how things are run, not a select few.

Aslong as they're not hurting anybody, ALL THE POWER TO THEM.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This may be dangerous but it is also righteous. It is about time that governments around the world wake up to the fact that they are still the children of their citizens. The media, being an extension of the government, is a perfect starting point.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by StevenDye

Britain is not Israel, Britain is not Chechenya, Britain is not Darfur. These people are anarchists pure and simple!

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   

WHAT. You call these people Anarchists for trying to help a group of people? For being UN-BIASED about the situation at hand, and just trying to get some international aid to a people who CLEARLY need it?

Do you honestly believe thse people are only doing this for the sake of bringing the system down, come on, that's ridiculous. These people are trying to convey a message that says they've had enough, and that it's time for the goverment and the media to start being OBJECTIVE and they're policies and take responsibility for they're actions.

I dont' understand why people would agree that the BBC should not air those ads to save face.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
When the original 2 people who complained about the 'outrage' of Johnathan Ross and Russel Brand's radio shenanigans mushroomed to 38,000 odd complainants the BBC responded by sacking a hardworking and talented producer and suspending one of their lead stars..

Q.Who is going to get their butt kicked over this?
Q.How many tens of thousands will contact the beeb about this 'outrage'?

A. No one
A. Not many...

That's the world we live in sadly..

berth

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Wow, I bet the staff at HQ were 'awfully surprised what'

This is indeed a surprising move. Just shows how deep the feelings run about the Gaza/Israeli situation around the world. 20,000 out on the streets in France and now this.

Maybe at last, the people of Gaza are now going to get some real air-time.

This would be the moment for a Gaza Ghandi to step forward and lead the people to non-violent protests like marching through checkpoints en masse in full world media view. Now that would be a sight.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Good, hope it spreads to other areas too. Its about time the bbc got there priorities right.
I would suggest people stop paying their license fee too.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

That would be a sight for sore eyes indeed. But i don't think it's likely considering the fragile state of the cease fire. If the Isreali checkpoint saw an army of civilians chanting and marching towards them, i got 20 bucks that says it would turn into an act of aggression on the Israeli's part.

It would just be more pro Israeli footage of how they're being hounded and assaulted by protestors. It would never come accross as peacefull in our mainstream media.

link   
Good on these protestors. I am just disappointed its only happened in Glasgow. The BBC, as funded by TAXPAYERS has a duty to represent the wishes of the people, not what some Zionist owned scumbag in London says.

Let's hope this forces the Beeb to pay attention.

link   
When even MPs have spoken out against the current policy the BBC has towards Gaza, it is no longer simply civil disobedience, it is direct political action By The People. The BBC is funded by the People and Must remember that. When the BBC decided to make an isolated political decision, and refused to air the humanitarian crisis in Gaza, it is clear that this is against the will of its owners, the people of the UK. A peaceful building take over and sit in, is very appropriate.

Time to kick out management and put in place more responsible individuals. Individuals who are not the puppets of Israeli propaganda.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Good for those protesters. I think “civil unrest” is overdue honestly, in the UK and America when it comes to this issue.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapinbatsisaltherage
Good for those protesters. I think “civil unrest” is overdue honestly, in the UK and America when it comes to this issue.

Methinks the chick with the funny moniker is spot on. It may be the only way to get the point across nowadays. Our lame media over here certainly needs a big shake-up. They are pretty much useless.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I hope this brings into question the subject of the license fee the UK population have to pay the BBC . Why should these agents of israel that purport to be a respectable and unbiased news and media agency be funded by the public . If they want to represent the zionists , let them go and get a zionist paymaster and allow people to boycott the bbc and it's outlets and not be forced by law into making forced donations to a zionist fund. Who wants to pay for somebody else's agenda.

[edit on 25-1-2009 by Gun Totin Gerbil]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join