It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blatant Chemtrail Spraying in Vancouver, British Columbia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Flights going to Asia from the US have been known to go "over the top" to get there. They head North and go up over the North Pole, then head down to their destination. It shaves a lot of time off the flight, and saves on fuel. But they only do it under certain conditions.

I've been on international flights out of Vancouver and they do take the north pole route. You can view their flight paths online somewhere and check on this. There's also airports on the island.

They look like jet contrails to me, I see them all the time.

The air does drift from west to east, and all the pollution from downtown Metro Vancouver is blown eastward into the lower fraser valley, where it gets trapped in the valleys. This is why the valley has worse pullution than downtown.

It's been foggy the past week, and cleared up a few days ago. Currently it's sunny and clear but very windy, but there was no weather warning issued (I checked for any warnings last night). There's some trees down on my street.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
These flights wouldn't have been out of Vancouver International if they're leaving contrails. Contrails form at around 30,000 feet. They couldn't have gotten that high and still be over the city from that airport.

As for the North Pole route:

From 2006:

United, which the Tribune says flies more Asian routes than any other airline, first began heavily using the polar flights in earnest in 2000, when it flew 253 such flights. Why now? Commercial flights over the North Pole region became available in the 1990s, once Russia agreed to open up its air space to commercial airlines. And the trend has picked up in recent years, allowing airlines a shorter, faster option to connect North American and Asia. Weather, as you might expect, also plays a role. When winds are really strong, it's more advantageous to fly a polar route, where there's no wind," explains Mike Stills, manager of international operations flight dispatch at United.

blogs.usatoday.com...

From 2000:

The opening up of the last frontier in air space could mean significantly shorter international flight times for Canadian passengers. The trick lies in flying over the North Pole rather than going around the globe.
Trans-polar flights from North America to Asia could be done non-stop and could cut flying time by up to five hours. That means huge savings to airlines and less flight time for passengers on those long hauls.

Transport Canada officials estimate these time savings by going over the North Pole:

New York to Honk Kong would take five hours less than today's routes,
Toronto to Beijing would take four hours less
and a flight from Toronto to Delhi flying over the North Pole would cut two hours of flying time.

www.cbc.ca...

The first commercial flight over the North Pole took place in 1954.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

I've flown to England (not Asia) and this was the route we took.
The last time I flew there was 1980. It flew up the coastline of BC, then over Greenland eastward, down, passing over Iceland into London. Other flights since then going elsewhere have also gone north (not as far north) before turning.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Not all flights go that way. Weather conditions have to be right for them to fly over the Pole. They aren't right every day. But when they are, that's the best and cheapest way for them to go. They save a lot of time, which means a lot of money if they can go over the Pole.

Not to mention that they don't go that way to Europe. They go that way to get to Asia.

[edit on 1/25/2009 by Zaphod58]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join