It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Knock Out Protester With Night-Stick

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I think I can see the cop who strikes the protester saying "you want some?" in the beginning of the film. I am not sure what city this took place in, however they were speaking english without an accent.

break.com...

Disgusting.

AAC

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
You can't charge at a cop its a threat and he has a right to defend himself. That was a brutalhit and i can say from first hand experience that those night-sticks hurt, but would you be happier if they taserd him.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I think the current thought is, let the cop get himself hurt, bastards.
What a stupid thought.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WisdomInChains

No. Both of the protesters hands were at his side.

AAC

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
As much of a problem as there is with police brutality, this guy DID charge the cops, and any one with half a brain knows that is a BIG no no in any situation.

Its seen as a threat to them much the same as it would be to me if some one charged me like that.

The crowd itself was obviously very pumped up and seemed like they were ready to riot any second so naturally the cops were not going to take any chances with something like that.

I will tell tell you right now though. This cop did nothing wrong...AT ALL.

That guy charged him, and as I said, you charge a cop like that you are going to get hurt. Its not a smart idea to charge some one with a gun anyway.

This cop was completley within his rights to take that guy out like that.

He is lucky he didnt get shot.

I will tel you right now, if some one charged me and got in my face like that, I would do something similar.

Police brutality IS a problem, however this was not police brutality. This was one stupid protestor who's adrenaline was flowing enought to make him charge at and get in the face of an armed police officer.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

I've seen worse, including this happen to a 15 year-old girl sat down peacefully in front of a speaker stack at an illegal rave... at least they are displaying badge numbers, something that they often remove here to avoid identification and prosecution. Clearly some of the police in this video are raging and out of control, it's unacceptable yet not extreme police brutality.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by Goathief]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
First of all I hate cops but will say that he shoulda kept his distance (I can't believe I sound like I'm sticking up for pigs). I will say that a big problem is that for starters, these cops are very unproffessional as in their organization.

Everyone is scattered and running all around like a chicken w/out a head. They don't seem to practice any type of drills much and they're definately not the A-game squad.Look more like a bunch of mall cops who were given authority and set loose.

Anybody know what became of the pinata...I mean kid??? I would of really loved the video if it showed the cop gettin his head bashed in and everyone stomping his teeth in..

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
this is the 2nd police brutality video today

and some sympathetic cop lovers will certainly come on here and spout the usual quote

don't villanize all cops because of a few bad apples

i am so sick of hearing that
remember that ice cube , ice t or nwa song---1eight-something on a_________ cop

i think it will start happening soon,,,how far can you push the ones your supposed to protect

top topics

join