It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The time is all messed up on my account...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
All the times are a bit messed up on my account for some reason and I’m not too sure how to fix it or even where to start but here’s where my problem lies

Btw sorry that it’s that big I can’t resize for some reason it won’t work anyway...

every time I try to change the time offset to British time it always stays at what it is now which is the other side of the world and im not sure what to do also the bar above I don’t really know what to put into there and I also have a problem with the registry dates because I registered on the 1st November and I remember that well obviously lol and it says I registered on the 1st on my profile page but when I post or make a thread such as this one it says I registered on the 2nd and it’s the same for other members it is always a day out for some reason and I have no idea how to fix it and any help would be appreciated

Thanks

AG

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
try setting it to 12 hour and dd/mm/yyyy

and don't forget the submit tab too

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Same here. My timezone didn't show up as it should either.
Or change on a relog.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Well i have set it to 12 hour and dd/mm/yyyy and yes i always hit the submit button

but the Time Offset is still comlpetely off for some reason it says that my timezone is currently in Baghdad Riyadh Moscow when i set it too Dublin edinburgh London Time

thanks anyway

AG

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Advice from Hellmutt:

Just remember to set the timezone before hitting "submit", after you've made changes in your member center. After setting the timezone and hitting "submit", ignore that the timezone may now appear as wrong (it doesn't get set until you hit "submit" again).

So, try changing the time zone to what it should be, clicking 'submit', ignoring that it shows up incorrectly, then click 'submit' again.

Good luck - if that works, what an annoying bug.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti - Government

On mine there is a tab you can click on that opens up and it shows all the different time zones and what not. You should be able to click on the correct one and hit submit.

The pic is to big so just click the link.

tinypic.com...

Click where the red circle is on the members center page, Then change it to the appropriate time setting and hit submit.

Hope that helps

[edit on 23-1-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
yeah this is rather annoying actually. Mine has never showed the right time zone no matter how many times i reset it. Just found something interesting though. I set it and press submit...it changes...press submit again, it changes again. I di this about 4 times, the time zone changes each time until it finally settles on one (still not my time zone).

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
1. Set your timezome correctly
2. Click "Submit"
3. Ignore what the timezone says now
4. Don't click submit again (unless you've made any changes, but then remember to set the correct timezone again first)
5. Check that you have the correct timezone by looking at the time on the most recent post. It should say your time.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

Great advice from Ian ....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I dont want to be a pain so im sorry if i am being but when i try and change it to the correct one then press submit twice it does change but it changes everytine to the same wrong one and it changes to about 4 other places before it stops changing

anyway thanks for your kind replies guys i really do appreciate them

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti - Government

only hit submit once...

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Yikes that is confusing.

You could just move.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
In the Member center, you only set your timezone. But you don't see your timezone there. Ignore what it says after you have set your timezone. After setting the timezone, it doesn't tell you what your current timezone is, but it asks if you want to change it (again).

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
you know i actually think it would a hell of a lot easier if i give, one of you guys my password and for you to do it because im getting no where

i trust onie of you guys anyway

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   
what Helmutt said actually works.
Change your time zone to your own, press submit. Ignore the fact that it looks like it has changed again, it hasn't. You can tell by posting something and seeing the correct time.

edit to add...that link about Ian Mcleans post is really helpful too.

[edit on Sat Jan 24th 2009 by geek101]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anti - Government
you know i actually think it would a hell of a lot easier if i give, one of you guys my password ...

Wouldn't it though.

Help us help you!

What's you password?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I know you're just kidding, S-Dog. Anti, you shouldn't give out your password, ever.

Admins can edit account settings without needing your password, a capability lowly mods and super-mods lack. At least, I think it's that way, unless ATS has something custom going on there in their board implementation.

Edit to mention: Even if you trust the person you would give your password to, remember that when you send a password over the internet, unencrypted, it can be 'sniffed' and possibly read along the way. As opposed to when you enter it in an encrypted 'login' screen, which is more secure.

[edit on Jan 24th 2009 by Ian McLean]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I had this problem a long time ago and amidst all the technical info i found an easy way to correct it. Simply select the time zone ABOVE the one you wish for on the list. The when you submit it should select the one your actually after. I just tried it again and it still works that way for me!!!

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
U know i actually feel soooooo stupid now because i didnt even realize it but it does work now i just didnt realize it because it didnt say the correct time but i just looked at the time of my last post and registery date and its perfect

Thanks Guys i appreciate it soo much

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by thesaint

I think that has to do with daylight savings. One hour off. They don't change the time simultaneously all over the world, and not all countries change the time at all. So the time might be one hour off for a little while, depending on what time of year it is and where in the world you are. If you notice that it's one hour off, choose the timezone before or after (or whatever) to compensate for it. Timezones are hours, not minutes, so it should be easy to pinpoint.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join