It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bed shaking at night

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
This happens to me quite frequently, but I have come to the conclusion that it is me shaking the bed. I am not suggesting that it is always the case, but it happens to me at least once a week and I have never felt frightened while it was happening so one night it woke me and and I got off my bed and placed my hand on it to see if it was shaking, it wasn't, then laid back down and about 20 minutes later it happened again, coincidentally it was shaking it time with my heartbeat. Hopefully this is the case and not anything paranormal, no one should be frightened in their own home.

I am new here by the way. So hopefully my first post offered some kind of insight.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brydaws
This happens to me quite frequently, but I have come to the conclusion that it is me shaking the bed. I am not suggesting that it is always the case, but it happens to me at least once a week and I have never felt frightened while it was happening so one night it woke me and and I got off my bed and placed my hand on it to see if it was shaking, it wasn't, then laid back down and about 20 minutes later it happened again, coincidentally it was shaking it time with my heartbeat. Hopefully this is the case and not anything paranormal, no one should be frightened in their own home.

I am new here by the way. So hopefully my first post offered some kind of insight.

Welcome to ATS. The first thing I learned about this forum and site is that we all need to learn to deny all ignorance, and open up to all possibilities. Scientific or paranormal. For me, I have a pretty logical mind, but when logic cannot explain certain events, then you have to figure it might or is the latter.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Nemox42

You are very correct.

Actually did mention that in my post at the very beginning:
I said "If all scientific and logical reasons for your bed shaking have been ruled out (eg: living close to train tracks or on the earth quake zone), then the chances are that this is the work of a Jin. "

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Bry, when my bed used to shake there was no getting out of bed to feel it shake. Imaging some big wrestler guy jerking your bed around as hard as he could, thats what it was like. Also at the time I probably only weighed 50lbs.

I do know the heart beat shaking feeling, I have had that before and still do. After it first happened I thought I was having a heart attack. A few times after that when it happend I checked my pulse and blood presssure and everything was fine.

But what was odd about my bed shaking is my sister also had the same thing happen. It was probably 10+ years after it happened that I ever said anything and my sister also said it happened to her. My younger sister said it never happened top her.

Its pretty hard for me to admit to anything paranormal. I too look at any way it could be explained. With the bed shaking the train tracks are miles away and we dont have earthquakes. I was wide awake when the shaking was going on, after I woke up it kept shaking for a while.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
After reading 2 pages of responses , I'm left wondering if this is such a natural and common experience for most , why don't some of our members try to record it?
Web cam - 20to 100 dollars
Recording sleep - creepy but still sleeping
Evidence - PRICELESS

keep me posted with documented proof .

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saytun
After reading 2 pages of responses , I'm left wondering if this is such a natural and common experience for most , why don't some of our members try to record it?
Evidence - PRICELESS

There is proof out there. Not only do you have hundreds of witness accounts, but you have EVP, as well as some thermal imaging, but none of this stuff will ever really hold up in the scientific community, for fear of either being laughed at or being called crazy. Majority of the stuff out there might be fake, but there is still that small percentage that is out there that is real. Yet this stuff happens every day, to normal people like you and me. I'll tell you this much, good luck trying to catch Casper on video, everyone that has tried has failed, because frankly my theory is cameras don't work the same way as human vision. It just can't pick it up, thermal imaging is the closing you can probably get to catching it, and I believe even then the spirit has to be trying to manifest itself for it to get picked up on thermal imaging, or why else the temperature change?

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saytun
Evidence - PRICELESS

When the bed shaking happened to me I dont think web cams were around yet. I was also so scared I never told anyone until years later. Thats was when my sister said it happened to her too.

I always thought cameras picked up ghosts better then the human eye. Ive seen lot of pictures of ghosts and orbs with people in the picture and they said they never seen anything.

A farmer I know has security cameras in his building and it picked up a orb. It happened about a week after one of his workers got killed on a piece of farm equipment. In the building the orb was in the first owner hung himself and the old house next to the building is supposed to be haunted.

The orb was about 5.5' off the floor and floated in from the open door by the haunted house. It floated in and along the machines and stopped like it was looking down the isleway on the building. Then it floated back out the door.

Im wondering if a orb is what teh camera pick up of a 3rd eye of a spirit.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This happened to me once in my early 20's. Spent the night at a girlfriend's place. It was actually her out-of town boyfriend's rented home. I slept in the spare room. We were creeped out all night for some reason. Finally fell asleep late, but I was woken by the twin bed I was in, by Violent shaking! I am talking bed lifting off the floor a bit and swaying violently back and forth. I was so scared I could not move. It lasted about a minute. I layed there awake to dawn and then packed up and drove home. I tried to rationally figure out what could have happened, but there was no explaining it.

The weirdest part to this is this home was circular, literally, and had been recently transplanted to it's location from all the way across the country. The owners actually moved this house! Just added to the weirdness.

On a side note, my young son recently was in his room early evening and came running to me in the kitchen to tell me his bed was shaking. I immediately looked to the hanging lamps to see if they're moving(earthquake) but they weren't(that I could see). It turns out there was an earthquake kinda far from us and he did feel it, it just was not enough for me to feel. His buddy called minutes later and felt it too. SOOO, earthquakes can be what many are feeling.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Hi guys! It's going to be detailed, so bare with me please. I am really scared and confused. I read tons of things on it and I still don't know whether it's OBE or a spirit trying to communicate...

Ok. So. About a month ago, I was sleeping on my stomach and I was have a very vivid dream. I remember I was sitting down and my dad was bringing me a corpse-like person. The corpse was on a table and in a fetus position. When I looked at it (in the dream), it cam to life and charged at me. It had a third eye, and a very scary face. At that exact moment, I felt my body going numb and being sucked into the bed. I got scared, so I turned on my back. When I did that, I felt an energy go under the covers at my feet. The covers first hugged my legs (wide awake, unable to move or scream, but conscious!) and then made waves over my legs. A litle after, the bed started shaking really fast!! I wanted to scream "MOM!!" (I'm 19) but no words were coming out of my mouth. When it stopped, I ran downstairs and told my mom (calmly) that there was something in my room. Since we are a family that is pretty connected with our spiritual sides, she came rushing up and told me to use the white light protection over my body. I did... but I'm not yet very successful at it because I felt the energy in my bed again.. but the bed wasn't shaking. I just felt it though.

Then, nothing happened until last night. I was lying on my left side, facing the wall. I was having a vivid dream again about going to the gym with three of my friends. We had to walk up stairs, but a guy came by and told us that the gym was closed. He then fell down all those black metal stairs. That's when the dream stopped and I felt someone (or something) pull and push the bed at the same time. I woke up, and the bed started shaking again! But literally shaking really fast. I heard the foot of the bed shaking on the hardwood floor in my bedroom. I turned on my back, but there was no energy flowing through my covers. I still couldn't scream, and barely could move. Oh! And I need to mention that I cleansed my body right before going to bed.
to continue, when the shaking stopped, I went in the livingroom to sleep.. I was way too scared. I left my bedroom door open though. When I laid on the couch with my cover (another one), I tried to make sense of what was happening. The minute I closed my eyes though, I heard my bed shaking again! BUT I WASN'T IN IT!! And I heard it shake! I freaked out. I went to my sister's bedroom (right next to mine) and woke her up to ask her to sleep with her. She asked why and all of a sudden I started crying and told her that there was something in my room! She went to get my parents while I was pretty much paralyzed on her bed. My mom came right away and tried to calm me down, but I was crying, shaking, and apparently sweating like a pig! But with cold, cold sweat.
I then went back to sleep in my sister's room and nothing else happened.

So..... does anyone know what happened??
Thank you very much in advance!

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I got a call that my mother had slipped into a coma,I had to fly from So Cal to Colo,I got to talk to my mother ,she was still in a coma before she passed,when I got back home,every night at 3 am I would wake up to my bed shaking, I told one lady that it happens everynight,she told me it was my mom ,and to tell her I know it's her,so I did,after that no more experiances

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I know its a 5 year old thread, but I had this experience last night and I dont think it warrents a new thread.

For me it wasnt a voilent shaking, more a vibration which at first I thought could be caused by something mechanical--there were trucks accross the way loading and I thought it was resonance from their engines. I decided to get up,to have a glass of water and an ciggie; wait till they loaded then go back to bed.

As I was getting up, in a still unlit room, it was like this white patch of light was hovering over the head of my bed on the wall, I thought not much about it as there are lots of strange lights around latley.

I went back to bed and the bed was still vibrating, so I tried to source where it was vibrating most, which was to the foot of the bed. I currled up so my feet wernt in the vibrating area and end up going to sleep.

There were a few threads on this but this was one of the least recently bummped I founed.
Other ATS threards on topic:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sleep well ATSers

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
remember, one night, when i was 18, i had jut watched the exorcist. i live here in the san francisco bay area. for some reason. i was woken up at 0300 and my bed was shaking. thanks to having just watched the afore mentioned movie, for the first couple seconds, i honestly was " what the hell!" then i noticed that the walls and the windows too were shaking. "oh! thank god! its only an earthquake!"

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I replied about this in another thread or so yeah this happens and i am getting a bit nervous about it feel as if someone or "they " placed black magic on while these dark entities, either that or these dark entities are from my past.

Last time my bed violently shake which it made me jump bit.

Should i start trusting the black magic removers?
edit on 5-10-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   
The same thing happened to me, and I found a way to get rid of it. It is a bit unorthodox but for me it is worth it. What I do is use another source of vibration that vibrates faster than the bed does from the unknown source and put that on my bed when I go to sleep. I am currently using an old 10 inch 600 watt pioneer speaker with the cone removed and cap still in place and powered by a car battery charger. This creates a fairly strong electromagnetic field and a stronger source vibration.

I'm not sure if it is the electromagnetic field or the vibration of it or a combination of both that prevents the unknown vibrations. This also works when I feel like there is something inside of me vibrating as well. I just put the powered speaker to the location of the vibrating and it gets rid of it.

I have also used small fans and even a transformer which also work, but not as well as the speaker. I can only speculate how and why these things work, so I'm not going to bother with my opinions about it. I just know that it helps me sleep better at night.

If you attempt to wire up a source vibration make sure you know what you are doing before hand, because if you don't it can be a fire hazard. If anyone finds a way to improve on this, please post it here. I wouldn't mind making an even more powerful source vibrator to combat this, and I'm sure other might appreciate it as well.

Thanks.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join