Bed shaking at night

page: 1
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Hs anyone ever woke up at night and their bed was shaking? Ive read in a book about a girl in germany that poltergeist would do this too. A freind told me thats its a telikenetic part of your brain becoming active when you sleep making it happen. It hasent happened in years but when I was little it would happen to me and my older sister said it happened to her too, never happened to my little sister.




posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Hi there
This happend to me when I was about eight years old.
I had just returned home from spending the summer in Canada. I arrived home late at night. When my Mother put me to bed, not long after, maybe a minute or so. The bed began to shake violently. I am not ashamed to admit that I was to frozen with fear to yell for help. I think I managed a whimper.
My Mother told me it was just my imagination. And my mind was playing tricks on me because I was so tired.
Well I have twenty years to think about that night. And I would have to say I disagree with my Mothers opinion.
I know what happened and that bed definitely shook... violently



posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by foremanator
Hi there
This happend to me when I was about eight years old.
I had just returned home from spending the summer in Canada. I arrived home late at night. When my Mother put me to bed, not long after, maybe a minute or so. The bed began to shake violently. I am not ashamed to admit that I was to frozen with fear to yell for help. I think I managed a whimper.
My Mother told me it was just my imagination. And my mind was playing tricks on me because I was so tired.
Well I have twenty years to think about that night. And I would have to say I disagree with my Mothers opinion.
I know what happened and that bed definitely shook... violently


Sounds like the same deal, my bed was also shaken very voilently. I was also scared stiff but didnt yell. I didnt know what it was and afraid if I screamed It would know I was awake and do something to me. It happened to me a few times, I was 7, 8, or 9. It happened years apart and my sister was also about the same age. I didnt move, I just prayed that god make it stop.

[edit on 23-1-2009 by Michaeljp86]



posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Hi Michaeljp86

I have had the same experience many times, at first it used to scare me but now im used to it. I have never heard about telekinesis being connected , this is interesting as I have a lot of dreams about moving objects with my mind who knows it might be connected.

cheers!



posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I've had night terrors/sleep paralysis/ mild sleeping disorder on and off for years. I've been slowly awoken by the sensation that the bed was shaking or vibrating (ignoring the obvious jokes!) several times. I know it was part of the sleeping disorder.

One incident I don't put down to sleeping disorder (not conclusively anyway) happened when I was about 25. My parents house always had the occasional strange thing happen. It's a detached house without neighbors, about 140 years old. We'd hear footsteps go up the stairs when nobody was in. Not creaks, but heavy footsteps that would stop on the landing. In the downstairs back room, male voices could sometimes be heard in conversation. Keys and cooking utensils would sometimes be hard to find no matter how thorough the search. Two or three days later, they'd be right were they should be. All pretty mundane and you can tell yourself you mustn't have looked properly.

At 25, I stayed over in my brother's old room. I slept well until around 5am. I slowly woke up due to feeling very cold. As I lay there wondering what time it was (it was Autumn and dark longer), something began patting frantically on my feet through the quilt. I felt like something insane wanted me out and fast. I was f***ing terrified and gasped. Every hair on my body stood up. I lay there in the dark and was so profoundly scared that I couldn't decide to turn the lamp on in case I saw something in there with me. I turned on the lamp and lay there with my heart pounding.

I'm a rational guy. I got over it and, despite it being very different to previous experiences, put it down to sleeping disorder and never slept in there again.

Two years later, I was working with my Father and we were talking. He looked at me and told me that he'd had a row with my Mother and gone to sleep in (you guessed it!) my brothers old room. He said he'd been woken up at about five am by something patting his feet through the quilt. He said he felt terrified and jumped out the bed and left the room shaking. He was pretty embarrassed as he told me. After that I'm even less sure that it was my sleeping disorder that caused it. He's never had any sleep problems.

I've often thought about that night and tried to work out what it was.



posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Hello Michael! I have experienced this on a few occasions, though I don't have an explanation for you. Try typing "bed shaking" into Google. I did so and Google located numerous pages of experiences and ideas of just what might cause this, ranging widely from sleep paralysis to supernatural phenomena. This link in particular might be of use, if only to read of similar experiences: www.sleephomepages.org...
Be sure to see "follow-up postings" toward the bottom of the page.



posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reading this is very interesting, i am 35 years old and occasionaly i wake up and my bed is shaking, not severe but enough to feel and it goes on for a few mins after i am awake, the feeling is like being on a bed which is on a train wierd



posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Hi, this happend to me for the first time ever about a month ago - so its still very fresh in my mind. It wasnt my bed that I was sleeping in and my husband just slept all the way through it anyway.
It definatly woke me up and lasted for a couple of minutes. It was weird but not perticually frightning. However if I'd been in bed on my own I dare say that I proberbly would have been scared.
The bed just seemed to rock from side to side (whats all that about???) thankfully its not happend again, but it definatley wont be forgotten.



posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Yea this is weird seeing this topic it has happened to me quite a bit, hasn't happened to me in awhile but then it happened this morning too not very strong but it did happen, i used to wonder if it was just my heart beating really strong and makin it feel like my bed is movin or something i could never figure it out?

Once when i was about 15 i was in bed and it was shaking and then all of a sudden a really loud BANG like someone hitting the wall about a meter above my head, except i was in the second story of my house in a semi remote location, there are no pipes behind the wall either so was very strange indeed.



posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
This seems very common. There was another thread here recently and almost everyone who replied had an experience to tell. Many of them reported seeing entities in their room also.

Personally, I think types of Dark entities are responsible for this. Many people feel very frightened when it happens, so any being responsible for this would not likely be friendly.



posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
or maybe the bed just wants to go out for a walk. or your weight makes it excited the same way an owner's presence makes the dog wag its tail.



posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This happens to me all the time. The bed isn't shaking violently, but enough to notice. I'd say it happens 3+ times a month. I've never had any sort of ghost encounter/ psychic ability though.



posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Michaeljp86
 


Well if your really paranoid and listen and feel, you can shake your bed slightly with your heartbeat alone, also your neighbors can be having a party if you know what I mean, I would at least make sure it's not that before assuming it's a ghost, if it's a ghost I'd film it, but for all we know you live by the train tracks.



posted on Jan, 31 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I've woke up with the bed shaking twice. Actually everything was shaking. Turns out it was only a mild earthquake (which is rare where I live so it freaked me out anyways)
Nothing paranormal.



posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
reply to post by Michaeljp86
 


Well if your really paranoid and listen and feel, you can shake your bed slightly with your heartbeat alone, also your neighbors can be having a party if you know what I mean, I would at least make sure it's not that before assuming it's a ghost, if it's a ghost I'd film it, but for all we know you live by the train tracks.


Well for me the RR tracks are miles away, so that couldnt be it and no neighbors near by. We also dont have earthquakes here.



posted on Feb, 2 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
i think a lot of weird semi-sleep experiences can be put down to sleep paralysis and all that comes with that. people experience a range of differing things during sleep paralysis and i wouldn't be at all surprised if having a shaking bed was one of them for some.

on the subject of poltergeist activity ... i've come to believe it's possible this is generated by kind of crazy living entities.

why? we had a 'ghosthunter' type of tv series running here for a while. this woman who featured on one episode had the most 'out of it' experiences in her house that the 'ghosthunters' just couldn't explain. but i happened to know this woman personally and think she's a big fruitcake. i think her ghosts were actually self-manifesting poltergeists.



posted on Feb, 4 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Feb, 21 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Skinon
 


My daughter is seven and has been complaining about her bed shaking at night for about a year. I told her that it was probably her heartbeat that makes if feel like the bed is shaking. I slept in her bed with her last night since my husband was at work. After my daughter fell asleep, the bed shook for about 5 seconds. It felt like someone was pushing on the matress. Now I believe her, but I'm not sure what to tell her to ease her mind.



posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
About beds shaking.

I have experience in the occults, and the knowledge of jins. People dont understand the extent to which the occultic entities can interact with our lives.

If all scientific and logical reasons for your bed shaking have been ruled out (eg: living close to train tracks or on the earth quake zone), then the chances are that this is the work of a Jin.

A Jin is a elemental being known in hebrew, arabic occults. Other world occultists know the same creature by a different name. It is believed to have been created from plasma. Plasma is nebulous soup of charged particles. It behaves as fluid. It is studied in aerospace engineering under the topic of magnetohydrodynamics.

Jins are ethereal beings. They are extremely intelligent. Have free will. They were created eons before Adam. They are able to shape shift. They can just as easily be malevolent as they can be indifferent.

Often the bed shaking jin is trying to annoy, maim, scare, or intimidate you. The jin's bed shaking antics are often followed by bolder attempts to irritate and scare or even harm. Get a kabbalah practitioner or wiccan and get rid of the jin. This is called "banishing". You cannot do this by your self. This takes practice and discipline and self control. If you make a mistake, the jin is really going to hurt you!!!. This is stuff we are not play with. So if you believe you have jin or poltergiest activity, get the professionals. Not some home made, self fashioned spell caster. Get the real occultist. Ask around. Ask for Demonologist. Your church priest may know some. Also look in the yellow pages for parapsychologists.

Where did the jin come from? He might have been living in some vacated corner of the house before you moved in. Often, they follow you home from a field or a garden where they may have been dwelling. If they feel you have violated their dwelling they will also get after you.

The belief among occultists is not to go near gardens and greenery and shrubbery after sunset. After sunset the jin who might inhabit a plant may take offense to you presence at that spot. Or they may just like you and "want" you in a very dominating way. This especially true for women. Jins have been know to come after women and also pregnant women. They are then known to lay claim to the child in the womb. They have also been known to "fiddle" around with fetus. Yes this is no joking matter. Infact they are vengeant in nature, they can cause a miscarraige.

Alternatively, if they can also be forced to hurt you by another occultist who has this creature trapped in his will.



posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by KromeDragon
About beds shaking.

I have experience in the occults, and the knowledge of jins. People dont understand the extent to which the occultic entities can interact with our lives.

If all scientific and logical reasons for your bed shaking have been ruled out (eg: living close to train tracks or on the earth quake zone), then the chances are that this is the work of a Jin.

A Jin is a elemental being known in hebrew, arabic occults. Other world occultists know the same creature by a different name. It is believed to have been created from plasma. Plasma is nebulous soup of charged particles. It behaves as fluid. It is studied in aerospace engineering under the topic of magnetohydrodynamics.

Jins are ethereal beings. They are extremely intelligent. Have free will. They were created eons before Adam. They are able to shape shift. They can just as easily be malevolent as they can be indifferent.

Often the bed shaking jin is trying to annoy, maim, scare, or intimidate you. The jin's bed shaking antics are often followed by bolder attempts to irritate and scare or even harm. Get a kabbalah practitioner or wiccan and get rid of the jin. This is called "banishing". You cannot do this by your self. This takes practice and discipline and self control. If you make a mistake, the jin is really going to hurt you!!!. This is stuff we are not play with. So if you believe you have jin or poltergiest activity, get the professionals. Not some home made, self fashioned spell caster. Get the real occultist. Ask around. Ask for Demonologist. Your church priest may know some. Also look in the yellow pages for parapsychologists.

Where did the jin come from? He might have been living in some vacated corner of the house before you moved in. Often, they follow you home from a field or a garden where they may have been dwelling. If they feel you have violated their dwelling they will also get after you.

The belief among occultists is not to go near gardens and greenery and shrubbery after sunset. After sunset the jin who might inhabit a plant may take offense to you presence at that spot. Or they may just like you and "want" you in a very dominating way. This especially true for women. Jins have been know to come after women and also pregnant women. They are then known to lay claim to the child in the womb. They have also been known to "fiddle" around with fetus. Yes this is no joking matter. Infact they are vengeant in nature, they can cause a miscarraige.

Alternatively, if they can also be forced to hurt you by another occultist who has this creature trapped in his will.


So a genie did this huh? Not saying your wrong buddy. But there could have been many things that could have caused this paranormal or scientific. Maybe it was a mild earthquake? Or a passing truck or train? Then again it could have been some sort of a poltergeist activity or even demonic. There are a wide range of things that could have caused this, one thing is for sure, if it was paranormal, whatever it was, was probably screwing with you to make you scared. If it was scientific, it might be a wise idea to do some background on if there are any major freeways, train ways, airports, or fault lines that run through your area. I have only experience bed shaking once :-).... it turned out to be a mild earthquake.... i didn't realize it til i saw the news the next day. So you never sure til you check or verify stuff. Don't just jump to conclusions, til everything points to that single cause :-)





top topics
 
2
<<   2 >>

log in

join