It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freed by U.S., Saudi Becomes a Qaeda Chief

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Blueraja, they would have fallen under the Geneva convention, but as we know Bush with the help of former ATT general Gonzales got away with inventing the term enemy combatant in order to circumvent the Geneva convention rules.

See some people tend to have short memories but some like me remember the events that made possible for the Bush presidency to commit acts unthinkable under the constitution and the Geneva convention around the world in the so call secret detention facilities.

While Guantanamo was a haven America forever will have to deal with the effects of the despicable conditions that many so call enemy combatants were force into while away from the prying eyes and ears of the sensitive American people.

Is about time that America comes back to its roots and start to respect what others before us work so hard to achieve.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

No we don't know what if any charges or evidence the government has on them. You are 100% right.

SO charge them in our courts and let them ROT in leavenworth for the rest of thier sorry lives. But allow them to go through due process.

Riiight, with no crime scene, evidence or anything else you would need for a typical "crime". These are terrorists,, picked up on the battlefield in combat. Soldiers aren't detectives sir.

By the way, did you ask anyone in Leavenworth how they feel about that? There seem to be a lot of people who think its a really bad idea!

[edit on 23-1-2009 by Bakane]

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Originally posted by marg6043

Blueraja, they would have fallen under the Geneva convention, but as we know Bush with the help of former ATT general Gonzales got away with inventing the term enemy combatant in order to circumvent the Geneva convention rules.

That term predates Bush. What category would you put them in, if that term doesn't work for you? They aren't uniformed soldiers. They aren't fighting for a specific nation.

See some people tend to have short memories but some like me remember the events that made possible for the Bush presidency to commit acts unthinkable under the constitution and the Geneva convention around the world in the so call secret detention facilities.

You mean like the murder of 3000 Americans?

While Guantanamo was a haven America forever will have to deal with the effects of the despicable conditions that many so call enemy combatants were force into while away from the prying eyes and ears of the sensitive American people.

These conditions including shelter, a cot, 3 meals/day, medical treatment?
That's better than hiding in caves no? As for being hidden away- the Red Cross, etc... had access to their living conditions.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Maybe he wasn't tortured enough?
Why are most of these "detainees" returning to the battlefield as soon as they are released?
Maybe he wants to get captured again so he can return to Gitmo?
It is afterall the Waldorf Astoria of detention facilities.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Even the countries that these diseased animals hail from are refusing to accept them back, that's how "rehabilitated" they are.

Perhaps we could get them all jobs writing for the NY Times, ultimately they will still be released to kill again.

Hey, I guess that's change we can all believe in, right?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Story sounds like complete propaganda to me.

First off, they aren't 'closing' Guantanamo Bay, they are moving the prisoners to a different location. Its a public relations stunt.

Second off, you can't convince me they would release a 'terrorist' without heavy surveillance and not know his every move. Just like they won't release a murder suspect without surveillance, they would have watched this guy like a hawk for years to come.

The public scrutiny they would face if this guy pulls off an attack would be insane, the political parties would be in a nasty blaming brawl, and to prevent this from happening in the future, they will need to tighten down on 'new laws' and the public will have to give up more freedom for security to make sure this doesn't happen again.

I just don't believe it, I think this is some made up crap.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   

“They’re one and the same guy,” said the official, who insisted on anonymity because he was discussing an intelligence analysis.

I'm surprised the times would even post this sorry excuse for a story. It's propaganda, nothing more, nothing less. Isn't it funny how they pick now to let this news slip out, less than 24 hours after Obama signs legislation for the closure of the camp?

"Some guy, I can't tell you his name, said that the guy from Gitmo is now a terrorist again" That pretty much sums up the entire article.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
Even the countries that these diseased animals hail from are refusing to accept them back, that's how "rehabilitated" they are.

John Murtha said these animals pose no threat and even offered to take them in to his district.
Maybe we should send them over to his neck of the woods.

I wonder how the folks from Pennsylvania would feel about this?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja
reply to post by marg6043

You're assuming they were innocent in the first place.

Isn't that what America is all about, Truth, Justice and freedom?

everyone is innocent until proven guilty, unles you look like an Arab.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisR

Most likely a last neocon hurrah to terrorise. The alternative possibility is that the guy was innocent and rounded up for reward money and brutalised in Gitmo. Now he wants to settle scores. 'Heart and Minds' works both ways.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join