It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barack Obama sworn in again, but without a Bible

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmariebored

Originally posted by danman23
we already know that they don't care about breaking human laws but what if they don't like breaking God's laws... this would be a way to get around it. Just don't swear to God, then all you are doing is breaking a human law.

This statement is assuming the bible is "God's laws". Humans wrote the bible, not God. Get it right. The Constitution has more of the 'breath of God' in it than the bible does, and at least it's not filled with slaughter, doom and gloom and at least the ones who wrote it aren't trying to dictate how you think and how you percieve life, consciousness and an afterlife if there even is an afterlife.

I am not saying the Bible IS God's law.. I am suggesting that is what they/he believes. If they do believe that, then that is a good way to get around it. Fudge it up the first time.. then the second time not use a Bible. It's all about trying to figure out intent here.. not debating religion and whatnot. "Is Obama going to purposely go against the constitution?"

We already know what the last president felt about the constitution....

This is a quote from late 2005....""I don't give a goddamn," Bush retorted. "I'm the President and the Commander-in-Chief. Do it my way."

"Mr. President," one aide in the meeting said. "There is a valid case that the provisions in this law undermine the Constitution."

"Stop throwing the Constitution in my face," Bush screamed back. "It's just a goddamned piece of paper!""

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmariebored

Originally posted by danman23
we already know that they don't care about breaking human laws but what if they don't like breaking God's laws... this would be a way to get around it. Just don't swear to God, then all you are doing is breaking a human law.

This statement is assuming the bible is "God's laws". Humans wrote the bible, not God. Get it right. The Constitution has more of the 'breath of God' in it than the bible does, and at least it's not filled with slaughter, doom and gloom and at least the ones who wrote it aren't trying to dictate how you think and how you percieve life, consciousness and an afterlife if there even is an afterlife.

Man left to his own evil imaginations turns into hordes of killers, example, the "Dark Ages." So you think God has some kind of bad character because of all the battles that His chosen people fought against these evil tribes, and the fact He had to kill off some of the very evil hordes on earth?

How about the hordes that tell you to convert or die...You think any one of them is worthy above the others? At least God didn't/doesn't say convert or die! The inquisition and Crusades were not of God, but at the direction of another corrupt group of men who were not true Christians.

I got news for you bub, the earth is filled with doom, gloom, and slaughter. Wake up man this is real life.

God isn't twisting your arm to convert. But I bet there are groups of men who would force you to convert or die. No Bible needed for that lesson.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
wel i am a christian,but i believe that yeah maybe Obama should have used a bible, but just cause he didnt doesnt make him the Anti-Christ. I think that God allows everything to happen for a reason and that God allowing for the present to turn out like this and Obama being the new president is for a reason. I also agree that it is wierd how suppoesly he is Christian, but yethad no bible near him.

But anyways oh well its not like we can really go back and change anything now. he is officially the new president. so lets just move on and see if he can truely achieve everything he promised the nation.

And y the way i wish Obama the best and I'm always praying for God 2 lead his way.

(also to anybody reading this who is of another religion and or doesnt believe in any thing I have nothing against what you believe in).

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3
Man left to his own evil imaginations turns into hordes of killers, example, the "Dark Ages."

Not really. The Native Americans lived very peacefully and they were left up to their 'own imaginations'. True, there were peaceful tribes and there were brutes but the peaceful tribes far outnumbered the brutes. It was the bible-wielders who came in and slaughtered almost everyone, peaceful or not, for greed and domination.

"Chosen"...that's like me going over to my neighbor's house and staking my flag in his livingroom and saying, "God has promised me this land. This is the Promise Land my family has looked forward to for generations. Move it or lose it."
The bible is heavily flawed, filled with greedy men staking their flags in the name of "God" anywhere they wanted to increase their numbers.

There's nothing 'holy' about that book just like there's nothing 'holy' about any manmade book. It's a weapon used by scam artists and I don't blame Obama one bit for seeing no reason for it's use.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
I assume they couldn't get the Lincoln Bible again and Obama probably did not want to use the Masonic Bible used by many other Presidents, including Bush.

Makes a lot of sense to me.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
A man's Word is his Bond. What Oath did he really take behind those closed doors? And if the Cheif Justice took the time to seriously redo the Oath and the President Elect--sounds questionable that He's the president-- found it important enough to redo, then what is the legality of the erroneous Oath, and where's proof of the corrected one?

So. What Oath was really administered behind closed doors, if the Oath of the day before is legal and wasn't readministered?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
This board is so biased, it's not even funny anymore. Bush is bad, Obama is good, That's all I ever hear. Finally somebody comes out and, although extremely cautious, criticizes Obama, and all I hear is "So what", "The oath doesn't mean anything anyway", "Obama is good, so it's OK". You guys are a joke. Deny ignorance my ass.

I don't care that he did it without the bible. And I don't care that it was fumbled the first time. Hell, I don't care about the oath at all. All I see are a bunch of closed minded Americans hoping to get a slice of the pie for free, and not realizing what Obama stands for.

By the way, so far we know the wire tapping will continue, and Gitmo will only be moved to multiple locations within the US. But you guys go ahead and continue to "Deny ignorance". I'm almost ashamed to call myself an American.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Well at least he didn't take the oath using his left hand placed on a backwards, upside down, chinese, braille bible with half the pages falling out. We'd have to start the impeachment trial asap.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by senyushkin

All I see are a bunch of closed minded Americans hoping to get a slice of the pie for free, and not realizing what Obama stands for.

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

There are millions of us who have have two jobs and still are barely getting by. We just got raped by big business and we still get up and go to work day after day. Free my ass... Your kind of freedom is the freedom for the wealthy to run amuck and use our flag to achieve their ends. Your way defers all power to entities that hold no allegiance to the RED WHITE and blue only MONEY.

Blame the ant because he didn't get out of the way of the shoe fast enough.

I ask you what did BUSH stand for??? You know it and we had it...

I sure liked to paying $5.50 for a gallon of gas, nevermind that it sapped a huge portion of the economy from its regular routes such as small business.

You had yer dream... The market did what it wanted to...

We fund this whole burrito bucko and I don't know one single person that doesn't contribute to this economy every month. So now that people are tired of being shafted by the rich who hold an undue amount of influence you blame the people?

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I still have yet to be shown that Barry Sotoro is an American Citizen... I simply dont understand why this doesnt bother anyone!!! If he isnt a citizen then the laws will change SUCH that a non-citizen can be president and in NO other country in the world is that possible. This would be a huge problem for me.
He is a Chicago Corruption Clown, just like Blagoyoyojecyoyovichyvidivicivich.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by senyushkin
This board is so biased, it's not even funny anymore. Bush is bad, Obama is good, That's all I ever hear. Finally somebody comes out and, although extremely cautious, criticizes Obama, and all I hear is "So what", "The oath doesn't mean anything anyway", "Obama is good, so it's OK". You guys are a joke. Deny ignorance my ass.

I don't care that he did it without the bible. And I don't care that it was fumbled the first time. Hell, I don't care about the oath at all. All I see are a bunch of closed minded Americans hoping to get a slice of the pie for free, and not realizing what Obama stands for.

By the way, so far we know the wire tapping will continue, and Gitmo will only be moved to multiple locations within the US. But you guys go ahead and continue to "Deny ignorance". I'm almost ashamed to call myself an American.

It makes sense though.. we have dealt with one of the most evil, stupid presidents for the past 8 years and Obama has been telling everyone that he IS change. We believe him, and since he hasn't done anything wrong we have no reason not to. But we should learn from our mistakes though.. we trusted Bush until way after he invaded Iraq and we realized it was all a lie. There is nothing wrong with questioning Obama. No harm if you question him then he really turns out to be our savior, but look at the benefits if we figure out he isn't before he does wrong.

Take this for an example of people being ignorant and closed minded.. I was talking with a very close friend about Obama (not about the no Bible thing) and I mentioned that I wasn't so sure about him due to the fact that he attended a Bilderberg meeting in the summer. He immediately got pissed at me for even thinking anything bad about him. I then asked him if he even knew what the Bilderberg group was. He said no, so I explained to him what it was and he just said I was crazy and literally shut me out. I then explained that I do think Obama is a great guy and I think he has the best interest of the US in mind, but it is just a little worrisome that he attended this meeting and that it indicates that he is mingling with some very evil people. He still held an attitude with me all night.

Hopefully he is change for the better, otherwise people are going to bend over for him over and over until they are too sore and tired to stop him.

[edit on 24-1-2009 by danman23]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Screw the bible! As a Christian, the bible is right for me. This is not a Christian country! If it were, there would be no Bill of Rights protecting religious, or nonreligious, freedom.

Just because the bible is right for me, doesn't mean that it has to be right for everyone else.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Obama is not the Anti-Christ but he is an illegal alien surrounded by Clinton retreads and Mossad agent as Chief of White House Staff.

The Americans have been under occupation by the Military Industrial Prison Complex, CIA, international banksters, and zionists shills since they pulled off the coup in November '63.

Obama is a shill and if he ever gets out of line, the handlers will pull out the real birth certificate and it's checkmate.

The government is completely rogue, top down, bottom up, and inside out.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Look, I will say this right now to all the people who think it's no big deal...The former president said he didn't believe the Bible was literally true or factual. So look what a person who doesn't believe in the Bible does.

Plenty of people take the Bible litterally. Plenty of people don't. What's your point?

You can fake being a Christian, like Bush, but most people who are true Christians, are much more suited to running a nation in the best interest of the people.

Really? What makes a Christian so damned special above any other faith (or lack thereof) that they are better at running a nation. Historical evidence actually seems to indicate that those with strong religious convictions are the worst to run a country, as they'll look at other faiths with disdain, cause wars and trample over democracy in lieu of their own beliefs.

Why? Because they are generally of a much higher intelligence, and have some morals directing their decisions. Yes, I believe that Christians are the best leaders in any circumstance.

Hahahaha! Christians are more intelligent? Every church going Christian I have ever met has had trouble dealing with even the most basic of things, like what a scientific theory is, let alone how to construct an argument against it. Aside from the fact that I can list plenty of people from other faiths that have been very intelligent, usually more so than their "Christian" contemparies. Christianity spent most of it's existence trying to stop human progress for crying out loud! How on earth you can say that they are the most intelligent and not wet yourself laughing?

Man left to his own evil imaginations turns into hordes of killers, example, the "Dark Ages." So you think God has some kind of bad character because of all the battles that His chosen people fought against these evil tribes, and the fact He had to kill off some of the very evil hordes on earth?

You are displaying a huge lack of understanding of history. The "Dark Ages", as you call them, are largely now understood in a historical context and were only called such because there was, until recently, a lack of information detailing what happened after the fall of the Roman Empire.

Much of the "tribes" you speak of were, in fact, Christianised by the Romans prior to the fall of the Western Empire and the collapse of the Empire could actually be linked to the rise of Christianity and the weakening of traditional Roman values, amongst other things which all played their part. I could go on and on about how wrong you are if you like, this is one of my favoured periods in history.

As for the topic, what does it matter if he swore on the Bible or not? He isn't obliged too, he isn't the President of Christianity. Why does his religion even factor at all? Even in court you don't have to swear on a Bible if you don't want too.

[edit on 24/1/09 by stumason]

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by danman23

Oh, wah wah wah. How many goddamned times do people need him to take the oath of office before they're satisfied?

Grow up & move on. Obama's president, and none of these little nits people keep picking at even come close to the hijinks surrounding his predecessor's election.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by danman23

This is nothing but the nit pickers coming out of the woodwork... He was legally sworn in on January 20th... DEAL WITH IT

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Bible...

no Bible...

Big whoop.

We, as mere humans do not, and cannot make pure judgments on right or wrong on another human, eh? As we do not decide what is right or wrong in the eyes of "God", correct?

So, Bible vs. no Bible...whatever

Which god are we referring to? Christian god? Allah? Hebrew god? Sumerian god? Egyptian gods? American god(s), Walmart gods, etc, etc, etc.

Honestly, what difference does it make in the end? Do YOU know? Really? Prove it.

America is founded on MANY different faiths, religions, and such. What good would a Lincoln Bible, or any other bible, do in this case?

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Aww...

eff it!

Why did I bother responding in the first place?

This is just going to be another fundamentalist religious battle post that has no real outcome but that of intolerance.

Ciao.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join