It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who will we blame now?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
If you think Bush decimated the Constitution, wait till you see how Pelosi and Company rip it apart like old underwear. They will do absolutely nothing to fix the real problems, they are going to take more control and make us even worse off then we are now. Obooboo is going to make great speeches and just sign away the country and all those crying beying fools that where there in Washington yesterday are going to see what they have realy done!

Zindo

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
the bush admin was awful, just awful. there's no way out of it. congress was weak, sure, past governments have done stupid things, absolutely, but that doesn't change the fact that bush was a terrible, terrible president.

he was a bad president, a fairly rubbish conservative, a hopeless statesman, a lax christian and just generally a less than admirable human being.

and even if it was 20 year old democratic initiatives that did the economy in, which i personally doubt, then why in the last eight years have they been allowed to continue?

[edit on 21/1/09 by pieman]
I'm not saying he was a great President or that his administration was an example for those to come, what I'm saying is, there's plenty of blame to go around. This includes Congress, and Yes "We" the American people for our obvious passivity.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
I'm saying is, there plenty of blame to go around. This includes Congress, and Yes "We" the American people for our obvious passivity.

plenty, and i agree, to each his share, but the people have an excuse in that they were led down the garden path by the media, fear and a good dose of nationalism, congress followed the true will of the people, the admin knew the truth and lied, they deserve the lions share of the flack they are getting.

your original question was "who do we blame now", i say we continue to promote the movement toward truth and the ability of the people to blame those responsible.

obama has promised change, the people have given him his chance, but if he fluffs it he'll get slammed way worse than bush. and rightly so, bush never claimed to be a bringer of change and hope.

i say blame the cause of the problem this time and every time.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by darcon

I agree, although i believe Republicans are to blame for much, it is becoming clearer now, that the liberals cannot blame everything on bush.

Many Americans voted for sweeping changes in Congress too a few years ago and we saw no changes and even worst stagnation.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

What, no sackcloth and ashes?

Originally posted by Solomons
I never blamed bush,i blame the people behind the curtain..who all those people EXACTLY are i dont know,but i could name a few..Most people who know the president has diddly squat say in most things usually blame bush for actually going along with it all,when he could actually grow some meatballs and try to change things cough JFK cough...Elections are a sham,you will realise this down the line with Obama.

Exactly right.

For example, if someone continuously vandalizes your car in an attempt to intimidate you into becoming their slave, that cannot be considered a personal failure on your part.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

the mis-management of the fallout from hurricane katrina was bushes responcibility,

So the democratic mayor of N.O. - Nagin had nothing to do with it?

So the democratic govenor of the state had nothing to do with it?

So it didn't matter that the feds asked what help the state needed a week before the hurricane, and the democratic govenor said 'I'll get back to you' - but then didn't get back to the feds until it was to late?

So the total incompetence of those people and their administrations mean nothing - as long as you can blame Bush?

Originally posted by dooper
many of the elements that created this financial disaster

Like Barney Frank.
Like ACORN.
Like Obama who sued Citibank and made them give out bad loans.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I'm saying is, there plenty of blame to go around. This includes Congress, and Yes "We" the American people for our obvious passivity.

plenty, and i agree, to each his share, but the people have an excuse in that they were led down the garden path by the media, fear and a good dose of nationalism, congress followed the true will of the people, the admin knew the truth and lied, they deserve the lions share of the flack they are getting.

your original question was "who do we blame now", i say we continue to promote the movement toward truth and the ability of the people to blame those responsible.

obama has promised change, the people have given him his chance, but if he fluffs it he'll get slammed way worse than bush. and rightly so, bush never claimed to be a bringer of change and hope.

i say blame the cause of the problem this time and every time.

What is with all the blaming? Look sh*t happens and when it does it doesn't matter who's fault it is someone has to fix it.
You all can sit here and point fingers all over the place till your finger falls off. But it still doesn't change a damned thing.

That's how we got in this mess to begin with. Let's blame everyone else and not do anything to fix it.
Ya that really worked before didn't it?

Let's just fix it and screw who's fault it is. Karma is a mofo and they will get their's in the end.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by gonzo610
What is with all the blaming? Look sh*t happens and when it does it doesn't matter who's fault it is someone has to fix it.
You all can sit here and point fingers all over the place till your finger falls off. But it still doesn't change a damned thing.

That's how we got in this mess to begin with. Let's blame everyone else and not do anything to fix it.

Let's just fix it and screw who's fault it is. Karma is a mofo and they will get their's in the end.
Someone has to accept the blame for the quagmire we're in, because we all know Obama isn't gonna do it. He hasn't even served a full day in office, and is already making excuses as to why he cannot fulfill his campaign promises.

He's no longer the change we all so desperately needed, he just an agent of change. We must do all the work and make all the sacrifices necessary to bring this change about. So, what was it we needed him for? LOL

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gonzo610

Someone has to accept the blame for the quagmire we're in, because we all know Obama isn't gonna do it. He hasn't even served a full day in office, and is already making excuses as to why he cannot fulfill his campaign promises.

He's no longer the change we all so desperately needed, he just an agent of change. We must do all the work and make all the sacrifices necessary to bring this change about. So, what was it we needed him for? LOL

I agree with you 100%. But no one wants to take the blame for it, nor do they apparently want to fix it till someone does take the blame.
It's a catch 22.
Obama promised all this BS even though he knew, there is no way he didn't know, that the country was this bad off.
But he continued to say he was gonna change the world and all the sheep believed him.
You're right about him changing his mind about his 'Changes', he is just another politician trying to get into an office he can't handle.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Ultimately, it's the loss of jobs to slave labor markets without which we never would have needed a society that depends on credit. People used to buy things with cash back when the majority of us had jobs.

Bill Clinton has been proud of the accomplishments of fee trade as he expresses the desire to ship jobs to Africa to bring them out of poverty. He laughs when he explains how China stole those jobs.....But the blame cannot be placed on Clinton alone:

The blame must go on all our congressmen and senators who voted for such moves......they used the federal reserve to create a false economy long enough to get those jobs into slave markets thus destroying the powerhouse of the U.S.

Ross Perot was right and today Obama simply thinks temporary jobsbuilding roads will fix the damage.......Basically, the very wealth and wellbeing of our country was stolen from us by our elected officials who lined their own pockets with booku bucks.

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
For the next four years, anything that goes wrong will be blamed on the Bush administration.

The economy was ruined by Bush and will take time to recover. If it's not recovering fast enough blame Bush.

If there is a terrorist attack on the US, obviously it was planned under the Bush administration and is therefor his fault.

Problems with illegal immigration...Blame Bush. He didn't complete the wall or his administration's policy aggravated and already bad situation.

Whatever happens.... Blame Bush.

After all, the right wing radio shows are still blaming Clinton for everything bad that has happened during the Bush administration so turnabout is fair play.
'
'

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

so what are you suggesting lloyd, that bush and his cronies weren't responsible for the financial meltdown of the economy, i mean who manages the economy if not the government?

That started well before GWB ever took office. You might want to look into Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, etc...

the fact that GWB refused to have anything to do with the kyoto agreement and constantly denied that there climate change was man made didn't exactly help with global warming.

There is no proof of man made climate change. The Kyoto Treaty is a BS redistribution of wealth, and gives poor nations carte blanche.

bush lied to get the various wars in the Middle East going. he made up the facts to suit himself. this has been proven.

Bush lied to get us into Afghanistan, and it's been proven? What's Obama's excuse then(and he wants to go into Pakistan too)?

the mis-management of the fallout from hurricane katrina was bushes responcibility, ultimatly the buck stops there. he didn't do the right thing which means he messed up.

The buck stops with the local and state governments in Louisiana. Bush couldn't do anything unilaterally. Mississippi got hit hard too, but their leadership wasn't corrupt and incompetent.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
you have no one but yourselfs to blame,you let him away with murder time and time again only thing amica cares about is tv food and sitting on there fast a$$ all day

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by audio assasin
you have no one but yourselfs to blame,you let him away with murder time and time again only thing amica cares about is tv food and sitting on there fast a$$ all day

We care about a lot more....our guns, women and nascar is high up there too.

My I ask what you care about?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join