It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who will we blame now?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Yesterday officially marked the end of King Bush's reign in America, so who will we blame now for all the injustices, travesties, and woes in our lives? He was directly responsible for the financial meltdown of our economy, global warming, soaring fuel costs, the war in the Middle East, Hurricane Katrina, and God only knows what else!

I guess now we'll all just have to man up, and take responsibility for our own lives and well-being. I'm going to miss being able to blame GW for all my personal failures though..

[edit on 21-1-2009 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
As soon as the honeymoon dies down, the country will blame Obama.
Isn't that a no-brainer?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
LOL he isn't dead, we can still blame him. I am sure he will take the rap for anything Obama is unable to do or accomplish. Anything horrible that happens in the next 4 years, Just blame Bush.........

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
It won't be that easy. I think it's more obvious that whatever happens they'll still blame the Bush administration. In the mind of people that will be easier to handle than their idol being responsible. Who would really be responsible? The public will probably never know

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Over the next few weeks, it will become a very sobering realization that for liberal Democrats, they now hold full responsibility for everything.

With the White House, the Senate, and the House, they have no one else to blame for their misdeeds.

Liberal Democrats compelled banks to make bad housing loans. Thus the housing debacle.

They threw (as did Bush) billions at the banking industry, and right now, have no damned idea where the money went, or what it was used for.

Excessive credit created this disaster. By pumping billions more to sustain excessive credit, it's like pouring gasoline on a fire. What they're doing is making everything worse.

So, in about three years, I would predict that among liberal Democrats, there's going to be weeping and gnashing of teeth, Old Testament style!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I never blamed bush,i blame the people behind the curtain..who all those people EXACTLY are i dont know,but i could name a few..Most people who know the president has diddly squat say in most things usually blame bush for actually going along with it all,when he could actually grow some meatballs and try to change things cough JFK cough...Elections are a sham,you will realise this down the line with Obama.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

so what are you suggesting lloyd, that bush and his cronies weren't responsible for the financial meltdown of the economy, i mean who manages the economy if not the government?

the fact that GWB refused to have anything to do with the kyoto agreement and constantly denied that there climate change was man made didn't exactly help with global warming.

bush lied to get the various wars in the Middle East going. he made up the facts to suit himself. this has been proven.

the mis-management of the fallout from hurricane katrina was bushes responcibility, ultimatly the buck stops there. he didn't do the right thing which means he messed up.

what else? gitmo, health care, the US is majorly in the red, the bank bailouts, the looming pension crisis, the looming housing crisis, GM foods, shaddow people, big foot and the loch ness monster.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
Yesterday officially marked the end of King Bush's reign in America, so who will we blame now for all the injustices, travesties, and woes in our lives? He was directly responsible for the financial meltdown of our economy, global warming, soaring fuel costs, the war in the Middle East, Hurricane Katrina, and God only knows what else!

I guess now we'll all just have to man up, and take responsibility for our own lives and well-being. I'm going to miss being able to blame GW for all my personal failures though..

Bush

any and all shortcomings Obama has will be directly linked to W.

it's a defense mechanism, usually from passionate, animated, liberals...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
In every job I've ever worked, it was always the blame of the last person who quit or was fired for missing paper work, bad audits, or any unaccounted misdeed. I guess it works that way for the Presidency as well. LOL

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I'm still gonna blame Bush and Cheney. Hehe

I don't care if my toilet plugs up, it's still their fault. Global Warming, check. Economy, ditto. Erectile dysfunction,

I've chosen my dead horse and I got my drumsticks ready to lay down a beat.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by th3dudeabides]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Reminds me of a line from the movie Madagascar - "Of course we're going to throw poo at them!" We'll go on blaming Bush and Cheney and Rove and Rice until the Obamamoon subsides and the MSM realizes he just another President. Then they'll turn on him.

link   

Originally posted by pieman
reply to post by LLoyd45

so what are you suggesting lloyd, that bush and his cronies weren't responsible for the financial meltdown of the economy, i mean who manages the economy if not the government?

the fact that GWB refused to have anything to do with the kyoto agreement and constantly denied that there climate change was man made didn't exactly help with global warming.

bush lied to get the various wars in the Middle East going. he made up the facts to suit himself. this has been proven.

the mis-management of the fallout from hurricane katrina was bushes responcibility, ultimatly the buck stops there. he didn't do the right thing which means he messed up.

what else? gitmo, health care, the US is majorly in the red, the bank bailouts, the looming pension crisis, the looming housing crisis, GM foods, shaddow people, big foot and the loch ness monster.
Bush definitely played a part, but he couldn't have done any of these things without the full cooperation of Congress. A President without their support, is a lame duck, and can do absolutely nothing aside from veto.

link   
Prior administrations can be blamed up to 1 or 1 1/2 years into the next adminstration, but after that it is all on the new administration.

So the first year to year and a half for Bush was put into place by Clinton, and the same goes for Obama. If thing become better or worst in this next year or so it is still mostly Bush, unless you can pin point and connect sweeping changes that Obama has done in that time.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Pieman, it was under first Carter, and then under Clinton that the Democrats began pushing and forcing banking institutions to bring Affirmative Action into the housing market.

They Democrats didn't care that these loans they were forcing the banks to make couldn't be repaid, they just wanted more folks who couldn't afford a home to have a home they couldn't afford.

They didn't let the market work.

It was government intervention that caused this crisis. Now Obama and his Democrat majority, want to install even more government intervention.

Look at the wonders they've done for our tax system.

Our education system.

More govnenment, means more inefficiency, more waste of assets, greater interference in normal market fluctuations, and eliminates the "natural" corrections that are required, and in a timely manner.

You want to stop this crap within the next twelve months? Cut government spending, cut all taxes to a maximum of 15%, and watch the economy boom.

All this jury-rigging that Barney Frank and his dumbass associates are doing, is making it worse.

When you find yourself caught in a hole, QUIT DIGGING!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
El Congreso in the interim. Once Obama and company get caught in their first scandal or first piece of unwanted legislation, the gloves come off and the honeymoon is over.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I'll blame Bush and Co until every last thread of their misfeasance, malfeasance, and nonfeasance in office is swept away. It's amusing to see some of you who think that just because Bush is out that the damage he has done is just gone or that now somehow it is his successor's fault.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I agree, although i believe Republicans are to blame for much, it is becoming clearer now, that the liberals cannot blame everything on bush. Why? Because we the people voted in Obama for change, so, he is gonig to have to change it, he is going to have to clean house, but i actually think he won't be able to do it. I think he is going to get a few things done, but for the most part blame all of his failed efforts on the bush administration, which is just a scape goat now.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
damwel, the part that you don't seem to understand is that many of the elements that created this financial disaster was accomplished over two decades by Democratic initiatives.

Bush didn't foul up the financial institutions by forcing them to make bad housing loans.

You blame whoever you want, and when this gets worse before it gets better, then maybe you can pull your head out of your fourth point of contact, and find out the truth.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
the bush admin was awful, just awful. there's no way out of it. congress was weak, sure, past governments have done stupid things, absolutely, but that doesn't change the fact that bush was a terrible, terrible president.

he was a bad president, a fairly rubbish conservative, a hopeless statesman, a lax christian and just generally a less than admirable human being.

and even if it was 20 year old democratic initiatives that did the economy in, which i personally doubt, then why in the last eight years have they been allowed to continue?

[edit on 21/1/09 by pieman]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Ann Coulter's job is going to get alot easier! you know whe'll dig something up put her twisted spin on it and make another million!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join