It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is America's Love Affair with Stupidity Finally Over?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

www.alternet.org

So, can we turn this short bus around? Could there be a world ahead of us where the Detroit elementary school that had to ask parents for light bulbs and toilet paper is financially sound while Ann Coulter has to sell books out of a milk crate at the local gun show? The trickle down should come soon, but for now the big signal that the era of style over substance (and not that much style) is on it's way out (probably through the "in" door) is the election of Barack Obama.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I thought this article was funny until you realize how close we are to the charicatures.

I believe the mantra for the Wall St. tycoons as they swindle TRILLIONS is the following from H.L. Mencken:
"No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people."

In fact I kind of feel sorry for John Stewart and Stephen Colbert. Their jobs just got a lot harder.

The author talks about the level of what passes for "entertainment"; America's top TV show, The Violence Channel, "Ow My Balls" Tuesday at 8pm! Jack Bauer' Choke it out of em!

Unregulated Capitalism (Facism), Trickle down economics! Or the Frankenstein politics "Rich people good, poor people BAD"

With the inauguration of Obama and the resounding booing of Bush along with the obligatory Nah Nah Nah Nah, Nah Nah Nah Nah, Hey Hey, Good Bye! (Which was blocked by the MSM) I have just a little hope for the resurgence of intelligence.

www.alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I'm afraid we are far from it, and I can't see how Obama becoming president will help the situation out any? Not with the constant " dumbing down" we receive via television and radio, and not to mention the internet now readily available in most American children's bedrooms.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss

No. America voted in more of the same. Obama is a Bildeberger tool. Nothing more. When America gets wise and goes with a third or fourth party ... THEN you can say that the love affair with stupidity might be winding down.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
lol

I sit through college classes 5 days a week.

Trust me, there are always going to be stupid people.

9/10 people at my college are literally stupid.

They just aren't confident, they lack charisma, integrity, values, and intuition.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Yes it is.

Thank you Lord Obama.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I have been going through the various posts about the inauguration of #44.

The "Twilight Zone" episode "To Serve Humans" comes to mind.

Heaven help US!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
America rallied en masse to support the same policies they allegedly hated.

The love affair with stupidity has just begun.

We had a chance to turn it around and instead we confirmed we're not only stupid as hell but we love being stupid as hell.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
America rallied en masse to support the same policies they allegedly hated.

The love affair with stupidity has just begun.

We had a chance to turn it around and instead we confirmed we're not only stupid as hell but we love being stupid as hell.

i agree 100%

the stupidest is yet to come!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Title made me laugh

It's not just America, basically any nation has this problem. The only solution is an extremely well organized, funded and objectively controlled education system. Don't know who's quote it was but its essence was, to help a nation in the long run 100+ years, education is the only way to go. For instance making 'world' history mandatory for everyone. The obvious reasons for this not happening is that it would threaten the powers that be.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
Yes it is.

Thank you Lord Obama.

I too have been annointed with the cool spring waters of economic collapse. I hope he hits the ground running. Stupid is not a survival skill.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
This is what our education system has produced.

Our schools are teaching children that Republicans are evil and Democrats are good, that liberalism is sophisticated, and conservatism is outdated and old fashioned.

We've been being prepared for this for years.

We haven't even seen stupid yet.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
i doubt it. we're all about hope and change and then he loads his cabinet with ex clinton clowns...
things wont change where it really matters, you know, like the federal reserve, giant tax loopholes for wealthy, foreign policy, etc.
see ya in 4 years when we are talking about the next chosen person for "change" and everyone gets excited again.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
God I hope so.

At least all indications are good. He's smart and has surrounded himself with smart people. No one can look at his campaign ground game and say otherwise.

Additionally, he's stated that he's open to all opinions and has even tried to bring "rivals" into his circle. He met for lunch and an ideological chat with leading conservative thinkers in D.C.

He's confident and shrewd enough to admit when someone philosophically opposed to him has a good idea. That's intelligent leadership.

[edit on 21/1/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Things will change my friend....just not the way people think.

Heck...we're going to have a guy running the Fed now who doesn't even pay his own taxes.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

No. America consists primarily of simpletons, like most of those who voted for Obama. I even lowered my standards for a week, deciding that I was going to see who he was going to elect to his cabinet, and instantly, I felt like an idiot.

Clinton. AIPAC
Vilsack. Monsanto
Geithner. Federal Reserve

My eyes started rolling so fast I almost did cartwheels. I feel especially bad for the idiots who actually voted and continue to support this toolbag and his "self appointed" cabinet. The only good thing that can come from this is a feeling of social, maybe even racial justice and equality. That will be good for America, but as it looks right now, we might get buried deeper than ever.

What's this "unregulated" capitalism you speak of?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

Feel sorry for Stewart and Colbert? Those guys have had it easy for the last 6 years. Stewart even admitted that he "hates" making fun of liberals on his show.

This will be a real test to see just how talented they are. You're going to find out very quickly that these two jerks have about as much talent as a coffee table. I hope they crash and burn and then crash again.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Funny...

The good news is that we all (collectively) get what we deserve....and after nature ( the best and quickest educator) runs it's course and inevitably thins the gene pool, those of us who are left can start over again from a fresh perspective...

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

He's smart

You're absolutely right. He's a sharp guy. Intelligent. Well spoken.

and has surrounded himself with smart people.

I'd say you're half right. No doubt they're fairly intelligent, but not more than they are manipulative, lacking integrity, and have an incredibly skewed and money driven moral compass.

Is it okay that these people are as manipulative as they are smart?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Indeed.

Meet the new bosses.

Same as the old bosses. Just with different "name tags".

The american populace is so easily guided into gullibility.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join