It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is America's Love Affair with Stupidity Finally Over?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by alyosha1981
I'm afraid we are far from it, and I can't see how Obama becoming president will help the situation out any? Not with the constant " dumbing down" we receive via television and radio, and not to mention the internet now readily available in most American children's bedrooms.

I think the internet opens minds, but the problem with the internet is that kids are getting information from their social networks, and other third hand info, and they get to a point where they distinguish what is not true, so they are easily misled. I know this won't be a popular opinion on here, but for example the 9/11 Truth movement has bred over kids not differing 3rd hand information from 1st hand information. Without people's gullibility the movement would be nothing at all, even if it's were to be partially true.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss

Of course, NOT!

America is full of mostly uneducated people and they are accostumed of being No. 1 all of their lives, having to work very little in comparison to workers from any other country to be able to own cars, homes, and spending money like there is no tomorrow. Most people still believe, because they want to believe, that everything will solve itself and they will not have to pay for their greed, their stupidity of spending way over what they earn, and their arrogance in thinking they deserve everything and anything other countries possess, without paying for it.

Very few Americans would defend the Constitution of the USA. Most are couch potatoes who are happy to see destruction, violence in sports or TV, and don´t care about the direction their country is heading, because that would break their nails, and their hair coloring would discolor if they go to a protest. Most are just too scared to do anything.

The deficit continues to balloon, so the situation will only worsen.

Welcome to the Unchange you cannot trust

We in México had a President of Change: Vicente Fox, about 8 years ago. He signed on March 25, 2005 the Principles for the instauration of the North American Union. Ask me what is what changed.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by slicobacon
Can't we all just be happy that this nation finally elected someone MTV adn Hollywoood adore? I mean - hasn't that been the goal of the MSM for the past several years? All should be right again ... Clooney and Depp can move back to America ... .

Wow, did I ever lose focus! If I had your perspective, I'd have done a lot of things differently these past few years.

What was I thinking?

Oh, yeah; about my future, my family, our country.

Since those are pretty much on the way out now, might as well just join the party, right?

jw

(edit to add a star for you)

[edit on 22-1-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Here we go again. It's another Democrats are smart, and Republicans are stupid rant.

I would like to point out that the problem with our Public Schools goes all the way back to Harry Truman. That's how long the test scores have been dropping.

Since, I graduated from High School about 30 years ago, my High School Diploma should be equal to a PhD by now.

So, after about 70 years of ranting about the failed Public School system, what have the Democrats actually done to fix it?

NOTHING! Not a damned thing.

They were in control of both houses of Congress for what? About 40 years continuously. Through the Presidencies of Harry Truman, Eisenhauer, JFK, LBJ, Nixon, Ford, and Carter.

Then the Republicans were in control of both houses briefly under Reagan.

Then the Democrats, AGAIN. Until Clinton.

Then the Republicans, briefly again.

Then the Dems.

Then for four years the Republicans.

Now, for the last two years, it's been the Dems AGAIN.

We are supposed to believe that the "No Child Left Behind Act" (Written by Teddy Kennedy) is responsible for leaving our kids behinds wet and smelly?

For crying out loud, who belongs on the "short bus" now? Which by the way, is a euphemism for being retarded. I thought that the Dems and the PC crowd were against making fun of the retarded? Guess that I was wrong.

Let me share something with you folks. When I was in grade school, we all brought a box of Kleenex to school. The teachers would collect them and stack them at the front of the classroom. Anyone who needed a tissue at any time during the year would simply get one. We had plenty and we never ran out.

What would be wrong with each kid bringing one light bulb and one roll of toilet paper to school along with their supplies? What do lightbulbs cost? About a buck apiece? How about a roll of TP? About 50 cents? I doubt that would break any of the parents.

Anyway, the problem in our schools is not a lack of money. Private schools get by on a lot less money per pupil. What we have are teachers who can't teach and don't want to prove their skills through testing.

By the way, I was a technical trainer for eight years and I had to take tests. Of course I was teaching adults in a corporate setting and they demanded instructors who could teach and actually knew something.

The other problem with our schools has to do with the parents. They send their kids to school and say, "Teach them", but they don't take an active roll in their kid's lives. They are the real reason that Johnny can't read and Janey can't spell.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Over? Are you kidding?

The only thing that's over is Star Search.

I can think of about 2 million window lickers that better pick up some pop-corn on the way home, there's a good movie about to start.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

God I hope not... the American lack of intelligence has been a matter of many comedy shows around the globe.

If the average American becomes intelligent then there goes a huge comedy market.

Plus if that happens, who are we supposed to rip off?
Who would buy all this garbage we wouldn't use ourselves?

[edit on 22-1-2009 by johnsky]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Have the makers of Jackass been publically executed in the least-painful manner possible? No? Then no, America is still full of stupid kids who love stupidity, and these stupid kids of today will grow into the stupid and ignorant adults of tomorrow.

Well done, all, pat yourselves on the back for each chuckle you gave at the prats hurting themselves.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConservativeJack
lol

I sit through college classes 5 days a week.

Trust me, there are always going to be stupid people.

9/10 people at my college are literally stupid.

They just aren't confident, they lack charisma, integrity, values, and intuition.

LOL, and yet I wonder how half of these idiots wind up at Harvard or Yale, while I am simply struggling to make it through a Single Semester of Associate Level Classes. I had very good SAT Scores, and a Very High IQ Rating (Sorry, I really do not even like to bring that up, it sounds arrogant, seriously), and I constantly impressed teachers throughout High School, as well as Impressed Corporate Individuals, and NASA Scientists, yet I keep getting stuck with Professors that trash my work, and/or simply disagree with me on so much, that they have an agenda against me. I am kind of stubborn, and thus I keep refusing to submit to their supreme idiocy. Too many College Professors are themselves stupid, arrogant, and condescending, and it allows for similar minded individuals to succeed in their classes, while hardly sparing the others.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAgentNineteen

Originally posted by ConservativeJack
lol

I sit through college classes 5 days a week.

Trust me, there are always going to be stupid people.

9/10 people at my college are literally stupid.

They just aren't confident, they lack charisma, integrity, values, and intuition.

LOL, and yet I wonder how half of these idiots wind up at Harvard or Yale, while I am simply struggling to make it through a Single Semester of Associate Level Classes. I had very good SAT Scores, and a Very High IQ Rating (Sorry, I really do not even like to bring that up, it sounds arrogant, seriously), and I constantly impressed teachers throughout High School, as well as Impressed Corporate Individuals, and NASA Scientists, yet I keep getting stuck with Professors that trash my work, and/or simply disagree with me on so much, that they have an agenda against me. I am kind of stubborn, and thus I keep refusing to submit to their supreme idiocy. Too many College Professors are themselves stupid, arrogant, and condescending, and it allows for similar minded individuals to succeed in their classes, while hardly sparing the others.

Ah... The life of a tenured professor. A full compliment of handmaidens ie. grad. student assistants at your disposal. I had my share of encounters with profs. such as these. It is a rather sad aspect of higher education. It would seem that these profs., at least at my school, were only motivated by research grants and getting their own articles (fully researched by assistants) published. Pity the fool whoever challenges them.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
your love affair with stupidity has just begun and will never end

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
i wonder after all the passion the American people invested in Obama if he screws the people over they will riot in the streets. trust me your not going to see anything but sunshine for the next couple of months. basically this is the NWO saying ok, ok, were gonna keep a low profile for a few months before its back to business.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Originally posted by BlackOps719

The whole thing is one masterful cinematic production and I must say they really out-did themselves this time around. The PTB, the real power brokers, are so much smarter and head and shoulders above our dumbed down populace that it is like taking candy away from a mentally retarded baby.

Americans think they have just taken part in some kind of revolution, but the truth is they just handed the weasel the keys to the hen house.

They stole your pensions, they are stealing your homes and equity, and next they will be coming for your very right to exist.

You stole the words right out of my mouth! Are you part of the surveillance/mind-control beam NWO? How else could you know what I (and probably 75% of America) was thinking? Conspiracy! Invasion of privacy!

Sorry, back to the thread and the purpose of my response.

We're doomed.

The rest of the next 4 years will be spent on solidifying a registered-voter underclass who see salvation in re-worked loans they didn't qualify for in the first place, health care they couldn't get because they couldn't hold jobs, and "economic stimulus" that shifts the burden of carrying deadbeats along to those who strive for better and think for themselves.

The PTB are counting on sheeple and an MSM shepherd to reorganize what was once an effective system: capitalism.

It is over. Banks soon will be charging you money to hold your deposits (i.e., negative interest rates).

Have you noticed how many conservative/libertarian viewpoints are attacked on ATS (as everywhere else) with personal strikes, rather than reason?

We are in trouble; and "Joe Strauss," the answer is NO!

jw

(p.s.: you could just post your avatar and I'd agree with you)

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mortje

You're absolutely right! I am a Canadian living in the UK. These idiot Brits aren't even required to learn British History or any sort of Geography so I get stupid questions like "Where's Canada?" or "What part of America is Canada in?" History lessons only start at WW2.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Here's the big problem with America and it's love/hate affair of national politics;

When we vote for a president, we vote for an ideology, not the man running for office. Liberals hated Bush, and wrongly so. They also love Obama, wrongly so. Both of these men do as they are told by the people who put them where they are. Presidents are puppets, nothing more.

One World Government is coming, and the electio of Obama will speed its arrival along. Wait, watch, listen........

One day we will wake up and say what happened, but of course it will be too late. A man with a blue helmet will be standing guard on your street corner.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
no way is teh stupidity over .. my mom was fretting over her digital receiver hookup as she was afraid she wanst going to be able to wathc tv after the new digital standarld gets into effect next motnh ....

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mexican against NAU

Originally posted by Leo Strauss

Of course, NOT!

America is full of mostly uneducated people and they are accostumed of being No. 1 all of their lives, having to work very little in comparison to workers from any other country to be able to own cars, homes, and spending money like there is no tomorrow. Most people still believe, because they want to believe, that everything will solve itself and they will not have to pay for their greed, their stupidity of spending way over what they earn, and their arrogance in thinking they deserve everything and anything other countries possess, without paying for it.

Very few Americans would defend the Constitution of the USA. Most are couch potatoes who are happy to see destruction, violence in sports or TV, and don´t care about the direction their country is heading, because that would break their nails, and their hair coloring would discolor if they go to a protest. Most are just too scared to do anything.

The deficit continues to balloon, so the situation will only worsen.

Welcome to the Unchange you cannot trust

We in México had a President of Change: Vicente Fox, about 8 years ago. He signed on March 25, 2005 the Principles for the instauration of the North American Union. Ask me what is what changed.

How do you say 'idiotic' in Spanish? That is so idiotic, (in Spanish), that I won't even glorify it by a response. You have merely demonstrated your own ignorance, and ineptness. Read, stupidity.

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Stupidity, Mediocrity, Popularity, synonyms for adult peer pressure. Till Americans get tired of being popular and what's popular and what's new and hip and keeping up with the Jones' and go back to just being yourself. Till Americans get tired of the cult of personality. I thought that this was supposed to be the Information age or the age of aquarius. Instead it's the age of the all mighty dollar and stupidity and materalism. You wonder why there's a shortage of people in the medical profession and nurses. I thought Tennessee was the volunteer state. My generation(born 70's and up,x'ers,y'ers and anything inbetween) can't even get off the couch and get away from there video games. That's why the cyberpunk movement fizzeled out because no one wants to learn and improve themselves anymore just play. Play like little children. Look being childlike means to express the positive qualities that a child embodies. Such as being marveled and awestruck at something new and unknown,always asking question,etc. Instead all I see is my generation being childish(the negative qualities.) Such as playing silly little games(at work) dumping on and putting down people for actually working hard and learning new things and improving themselves,gossiping,chinese whispers,always thing about sex like a teenager(there)'s nothing wrong with sex it's just as we get older we should try to balance it with other things,etc.etc.etc. Do you get my drift here. Look I'm not trying to be a prude or Ozzie and Harriet, but hasn't anyone watched National Treasure or Indiana Jones. When can we get back to the time when being smart and improving yourself and learning and Sci-fi and science was cool. In fact our generation is the most oversexed generation ever. I mean there's nothing wrong with it but look at the instances of people coming out of the wood works saying that they have a sex addiction. I'm not advocation a return to Victorian era morals but we're gone over the balance from moderation to shear sexual gluttony to the point that it's become toxic. I mean in the south where I live if you don't spend the weekend finding a girl and partying and getting drunk till you puke and spending the whole weekend in a drunkin' haze your either a fag or a christian or priest or an outcast. I'm going to be 35 next month and to quote a movie franchise that I really like "Im getting to old for that crap" It's stupid really stupid and you wonder why no one really saves anymore, why we buy things and put it on credit and buy beyond our means. Why we're in this economic mess. I really do wish it would get worse, I'm sorry to say that, just to get my generation to wake up.

Sorry for my rant

[edit on 27-1-2009 by theEXxman]

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join