It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America once again shows lack of class

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I can deal with a little booing of an unpopular president. He's a big boy and will get over it much faster than an impeachment and jail sentence. We need a Constitutional Amendment that prohibits anyone named Bush from being president. Daddy Bush still thinks JEB would be a great president.
The thing that really disturbed me was whatever Aretha Franklin was wearing on her head. It was worse than her singing, and I was embarrassed for all Americans until I realized that she wasn't just dressing like the Queen, but was the comic relief. We needed a counterpoint to the Justice who was too cool for notes and then forgot how to administer an oath to a President. The world has long suspected that we have airheads on the Supreme Court and now they know for sure.

I can't wait to see what the parties and big media will do for the next time when they try to outdo this event. Maybe a month long event with gladiators and naval battles in the reflecting pool. Obama certainly is a patient man.

[edit on 1/20/2009 by pteridine]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
People will wish they had Bush to protect them once the terrorist start to try and attack us again. Bush did what the liberals refuse to do, and that is protect America by any means possible. And one more thing how can people compare Obama to JFK when obama hasn't done anything yet? In a year or so people will start singing a different song about Obama.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
What I am wondering is this:

If Obama had been elected 8 years ago and had to make the same decisions and take the same actions as Bush has had to do, what would be the public reaction to his leaving of office?

Would there be booing then too?

As I said earlier, I'm no fan of Bush the person. However, he has had one hell of an 8 years to deal with. Regardless of who was president for these years, the would have had an increasingly difficult time dealing with the financial situation, the terrorism problem and the growing dissolution of the American people.

In some ways I feel sorry for him. Perhaps he truly did his best in a tough situation, and is now depressed about the world view of his actions. Perhaps Cheney pulled the strings along the way, pushing god knows whos agenda, and Bush is left as the scapegoat.

Whatever the situation, I'll say it again.

Hate Bush all you like, but at least have some respect for the position he filled.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by fooffstarr]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Did Bush show class when he destroyed the economy by allowing the subprime market to spiral out of control?

Did Bush show class when he lead us into war in Iraq by lying about Saddam's ties to Al-Qaeda, and falsifying information about WMDs?

Did Bush show class when he failed to prevent (ordered) the terrorist attacks by Al-Qaeda (The CIA organization) on 9/11?

Did Bush show class when he gave the border patrol a 100 mile "Constitution Free Zone" that encompasses two thirds of America's population?

Did Bush show class when he said, on TV, on the record, that he doesn't care what Americans think about him? The same Americans that he is sworn to represent?

A pox on his wrinkled old butt. The man doesn't deserve a single ounce of respect, from anyone, ever, for the rest of his life. He should stand trial for treason, convicted, and punished accordingly... and he should be booed during all of that, too.

There's a time and a place for everything, but that vile, filthy creature shouldn't be able to show his wretched face in public again for the rest of his life without being harassed... regardless of what event it's at.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
It's too bad that Obama supporters didn't show as much class as the man himself.
Obama treated Bush with dignity and respect and I was very impressed.
He might not like the mans politics but he does respect the title of President.

A star for Obama from me.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

Did Bush show class when he destroyed the economy by allowing the subprime market to spiral out of control?

the one Congress had oversight of

Did Bush show class when he lead us into war in Iraq by lying about Saddam's ties to Al-Qaeda, and falsifying information about WMDs?

Funny how the world had same intel including some well known Democrats. Al Gore anyone?

Did Bush show class when he failed to prevent (ordered) the terrorist attacks by Al-Qaeda (The CIA organization) on 9/11?

It is easy being a Monday morning quarterback.

Did Bush show class when he said, on TV, on the record, that he doesn't care what Americans think about him? The same Americans that he is sworn to represent?

I guess the He stoled the elections are only convenient when you want it to be. Seriously, a president shouldn't worry about opinion polls, that doesn't mean he shouldn't care about people.

It is real simple what happened. Obama supporters booed.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine

The thing that really disturbed me was whatever Aretha Franklin was wearing on her head. It was worse than her singing, and I was embarrassed for all Americans until I realized that she wasn't just dressing like the Queen, but was the comic relief.

LOL! Indeed! I winced a bit when she sang. Man has she gone off the boil or what. It's funny you mention that she dressed like the Queen because the melody to the song she sang was also Australia's old national anthem, "God Save The Queen". Spooky!

God save Aretha's voice is more to the point!

IRM

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Are you Bush bashers serious!

After 9/11 and the thousands of deaths of innocents in New York, Bush did what many people would have done and that is not to sit back and wait for more attacks on US soil, but to go after the terrorists and those that support them. He has done this effectively. The Kurds in the north of Iraq see the US as their saviours and can't speak too highly of Bush, and neither can the Afghans that were tormented and terrorised by the Taliban for years.

The majority of deaths in Iraq have been perpetrated by Iraqis on their fellow Muslims themselves, so stop blaming the US. You need to get around a bit and talk to people who have been freed from the oppression of dictators.

So far the US has not had to live under a Dictatorship, but with the coming of Obama there is one on the horizon. This guy has it all sown up.

The US has had no more terrorist attacks since 9/11 as Bush has taken the fight to them, but when they do eventually attack again (which they will), you can take bets that Obama the messiah will not be able to protect the US because that is not his agenda.

Then no doubt you will be screaming for somebody like Bush to be around when Obama is revealed for what he really is.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gears Of War
Those men don't deserve applause or any kind of respect, they ruined your once great nation in 8 years....8 years!

They should have been pelted with rocks and then lynched!

Absolutely right. I'm glad to see this was the most starred post in the entire thread. Bush and Cheney should feel lucky they escaped with boos and jeers.

An international war crimes tribunal and gallows would've been more appropriate.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

"I decided to change my mind and give Obama a chance to prove himself. "

He already has.

Check his voting record - He's had his chance.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Some of your guys responses on here is absolutely pathetic. You are the same cowards who supported Bush after 9-11 and the wars. The only reason you're pissed at bush now is because of the mainstream media. And you're right it was total lack of class. I am sure the people that made the comments about being lynched are the same people in the 50% category that didn't graduate high school.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Sure! Let's lynch, stone, kill a man who we disagree with. What a bunch of hippocrits. Of course you would pump your fists, do your jiggs, shout your boo's and spew your hatred. Your rederic is typical, shameful, and defining. Continue to bitch about how much you hate. Let it out. Become the person you so hate. The fact is you HATE. And by the way, just continue to give false "hope" to youselves by praising a man who couldn't even vote on an issue while in his short tenure as a junior senator in good ole' Chicago. Live in your hate, and be segratory. You will continue to bring down our nation even more, and then you blame people like me for some displaced reason, such as not getting a nurf gun when you were 7. Just absolutely unbelievable. Way to sit in with the status quo and preach from a podium where you know it's safe, and objectivity is just an 11 letter word. I can hear your pathetic rebutal now; "You are a Bush lover, and an idiot!", or, "great, another right wing nut-job". But a thinker, whatever. People like you still get under my skin, because it's people like you that represents the true hate in this country. I can only generalize because I'm running out of characters to illustrate my bitter nauciousness.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Yea that's right I mean what do u want the american people to do scream in joy for these two guys they have distroyed this world not just america people we need change now I know its was childish and not called for but they freedom of speech and that's the beauty of being a american.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   

It is real simple what happened. Obama supporters booed.

Obama supporters? Quite nearly the entire world boos the man, and rightly so. Split the blame between the President and Congress all you want, but the simple fact is that Bush grabbed the bullhorn and acted as the mascot, leader, and spokesman for all the evil and instability that came to our country and the rest of the world over the last 8 years.

If the Executive Branch was half at fault, and Congress half at fault, Bush still holds more blame than any other individual on the planet for what's happened to our country.

Boo on him, whether it's classy or not. Boo on his father for raising him, and boo on his grandfather for being the patriarch of one of America's most vile, despicable, traitorous, and power hungry families. May his entire bloodline be shunned by all until it fades away into obscurity.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
It was President Bush that ordered AG's of the states to stand down from investigating the sub prime lending programs, and allowed this nonsense to drag down not only the Nation but global banking systems.

It was President Bush that used cowboy diplomacy and unilateral decisions that destroyed many relationships with nations.

It was president Bush that allowed his Vice president to manage foriegn policy based on disastrous PNAC principals, which call for military intervention in Middle east by any means neccesary

www.newamericancentury.org...

We will hear from insiders that were told to shut up the last 8 years, and we will learn much more about the general attitude within the white house which resulted in todays situation. In the next year many people that witnessed the inner working will write books, blogs, agree to interviews, and even the die hard conservatives will understand how corrupt and arrogant the Bush adminstration truly was.
President Bush and Vice President Cheney got off lightly. 100 Years ago they would have been pelted with rotten fruit and vegetables on their way out.

There is righteous Anger, and this is one of those times when those in power must be held accountable for their actions.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FearSoul
People will wish they had Bush to protect them once the terrorist start to try and attack us again.

When the terrorist first attacked us, what did Bush do before that to stop it? Has Bush's actions in Iraq created more or less terrorists?

Bush did what the liberals refuse to do, and that is protect America by any means possible.

If by "any means possible," you mean take away rights, then is that really protecting us and our freedoms?

And one more thing how can people compare Obama to JFK when obama hasn't done anything yet? In a year or so people will start singing a different song about Obama.

People can't compare Obama to JFK because he hasn't done anything yet? When else have you see people of all countries all over the world dance and sing when a US President gets elected?

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleilius

It's just so unreal. It's almost like all of you were brainwashed into "forgetting" the atrocities of the Bush administration, or perhaps those of you with this view are the individuals that never recognized these atrocities to begin with.

Exactly!
Not to heckle that man is the beginning of the great forgetting, the first step into re-writing the history of the last 8 years, the glossing over the horrendous acts of terror perpetrated on the American People and Her great Constitution by the very one who swore to guard her faithfully!
BAH!
They should have done more than just heckle and boo!
But they wont.

God Bless America and Obama!

*P*E*A*C*E*

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
People are pathetically manipulated by the media. More people died when Bill Clinton was President than under George W. Bush. Not saying Clinton was a bad President. Just pointing out that many in this thread have made comments like "Bush should be hanged" and such.

Even if you don't agree with the war, sit back and think about it. During a time of war, less soldiers died under Bush than when Clinton was President.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Wow. The vitriol is in full flow now, huh?

Let's blame Mr. Bush, and Mr. Cheney for everything, and give the several hundred people on the Hill a free pass...

Nothing in Washington DC happens in a vacuum, that little something called checks and balances, some of you might want to look into that...

Yes, the President does wield enormous wartime powers, but Congress, you know, those several hundred folks many of you are giving a free pass; controls the purse strings. The President, no matter who he is, ultimately needs the approval of Congress in order to accomplish anything at all... What do you know, most of that same cast of characters that gave Mr. Bush the wherewithal to launch "global domination on behalf of the NWO" are still there, and guess who put, and kept, them there. So are you going to put them, and yourselves on trial, too? Just curious.

Booing? A small minority, as is usually the case. Classless, to be sure; but hardly indicative of the majority of Americans, or the rest of the world for that matter.

Unpopular? To be sure. But as my pal Semper said earlier, wartime Presidents rarely are...our brothers and sisters, sons and daughters are going off into harms way, at his direction. You should have heard some of the stuff my Grands said about Mr. Roosevelt, and Mr. Truman. Both wartime Presidents who sent 4 of their sons off into harms way, you may remember them, they were called WWII, and Korea. Mr. Kennedy, as I recall, wasn't real popular with them either, Vietnam War, and two more sons off to war. One of those was, obviously, my father.

War time Presidents aren't usually real popular, save later in history.

Boo Mr. Bush if you must. He's tough enough to take it... Just make yourself aware, if you aren't already, that nothing happens in a vacuum. Save some of your vitriol for the person staring out of the mirror, 'cause you, and I, allowed this to happen.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

There are plenty of conservative politicians and citizens that have booed him already in public for his questionable leadership and spending (among other things) so we all can't have partisan induced amnesia.

It is very possible that he actually WAS a lousy president.

- Lee

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join