It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America once again shows lack of class

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

An historic day, ruined by idiots.

Hmm, I dunno if the whole day was ruined.
Perhaps for you it was, but my day went on fine.
Maybe they ruined the moment, but certainly
not the day. I just saw Obama dancing, you can't
dance on a ruined day.

Maybe tomorrow will be better.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

I'm with this member. Get over it people!

I can't believe some of you are actually sympathizing with our former administration. Bush and Co. are some of the worst criminals in American history. If booing is the only punishment they will receive, then they should've been boo'd by the ENTIRE country!

This man is a murder. Keep in mind, HE did not keep America safe. Our innumerable security forces kept us safe. They are the real hero's. They kept America safe.

Aren't some of you forgetting that 9/11 could've been totally prevented if Bush was halfway competent, and actually performed his job?

I am proud of those that boo'd. It still shows that SOME of us actually have the guts and balls to react accordingly, and react accordingly we did. Forget decency, forget all your "church manners" - such niceties are what got us in this predicament to begin with! If some of you would've actually had the gall to stand up for what you believe in, then maybe we wouldn't have went through 8 years of complete and utter hell.

It's just so unreal. It's almost like all of you were brainwashed into "forgetting" the atrocities of the Bush administration, or perhaps those of you with this view are the individuals that never recognized these atrocities to begin with.

Open your eyes before it happens again. Do not be lazy, do not be apathetic, and for God's sake, do not let this man off the hook.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Aleilius]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
My problem wasnt that they were booing Bush and Dick Cheney...God knows they should be booed and well deserved. They deserve all of the hatred in the world for what they have done.

The problem is that this is such a critical time in our country. Right now the American people are broke, fearful and looking to this new president to provide answers to the list of problems we all face. His entire platform has been about solidarity and coming together and doing what is best for the nation while working as a team.

Then these petty Democrats in the crowd decide to boo Bush and Cheney five minutes before Obama is set to deliver one of the biggest and most important speeches of an entire generation. On WORLD television, during what was supposed to be such a blessed and positive event. They had to reduce it to the status of a professional wrestling event.

To me it cheapened the moment for everyone. It caused people who were watching and may have been on the fence about Obama and the promised non partisanship of the Democrats to think "yeah right...just more of the same old same old".

It was disrespectful to our country and more importantly disrespectful to the Obamas. Would it be so hard to take the high road for just one day and not act like spoiled children? We are facing dire circumstances here, there is no time or need for petty bickering. Especially in such a public and vulgar manner.

This was an incredibly important, historical moment for our nation, not an episode of the Jerry Springer show. Show some class.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Honestly I'm not surprised they got booed, I'm actually surprised that's all they did get. Americans have slept through the last eight years while those in power have essentially torn apart our Constitution and have traded away our freedoms for the illusion of safety.

What you call a lack of class I call being opinionated, why show respect for him when he did, by all accounts, a mediocre job in the office (some might say worse than mediocre)...

Sugarcoating their feelings with mock-respect by applauding wasn't going to do the audience any good.

I wish Obama the best of luck but will remain skeptical of him, not because of who he is but because of the power the American people have elected him to hold.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
As a passive observer who does not live in America, I found Bush's welcome to be somewhat amusing. Perhaps this is the first of many bitter pills (of his own making) that he will have to swallow. Reality sets in, as it should!

The other day George wisely exclaimed that he didn't give a rats what the American public thought of him. I would assume that this sentiment extends to the rest of the world including the allies that have had their own sons and daughters killed helping him fight a war to 'keep Americans safe' so why should anyone care that Bush got a few "boo's".

Good riddance you evil little gnome. May karma bite you firmly in the arse!

IRM

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Bush and Cheney deserved to be booed.

They were a crap*Y administration.

The Bush Administration embodied lying, cheating, murder and every foul contemptable trait of our species.

Instead of being booed, Bush and his co hearts should have been impeached, put under investigation, had a trial and imprisoned.

Maybe America has finally woken up

[edit on 20-1-2009 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleilius

I can't believe some of you are actually sympathizing with our former administration. Bush and Co. are some of the worst criminals in American history. If booing is the only punishment they will receive, then they should've been boo'd by the ENTIRE country!

This man is a murder. Keep in mind, HE did not keep America safe. Our innumerable security forces kept us safe. They are the real hero's. They kept America safe.

Aren't some of you forgetting that 9/11 could've been totally prevented if Bush was halfway competent, and actually performed his job?

I am proud of those that boo'd. It still shows that SOME of us actually have the guts and balls to react accordingly, and react accordingly we did. Forget decency, forget all your "church manners" - such niceties are what got us in this predicament to begin with! If some of you would've actually had the gall to stand up for what you believe in, then maybe we wouldn't have went through 8 years of complete and utter hell.

It's just so unreal. It's almost like all of you were brainwashed into "forgetting" the atrocities of the Bush administration, or perhaps those of you with this view are the individuals that never recognized these atrocities to begin with.

Open your eyes before it happens again. Do not be lazy, do not be apathetic, and for God's sake, do not let this man off the hook.

Yes. I agree. George Bush decided to run for President because he is an evil man, bent on world domination and determined to ruin the United States.

He hates America.

He hates all our freedoms.

He works for the Illuminati and unspoken evil forces that live beneath the Earths crust.

His belief in a higher power is solely pretend. His ultimate goal was the destruction of our planet....a hope that the Transformers or Xenons would take over and make us all their slaves.

Please.

Why do you "Bush Bashers" continue?????? At some point, it's kind of being against the McDonalds Hamburglar.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Removed large nested quote.

LOL!

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21-1-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
reply to post by semperfortis

A couple of points. I do remember all of those things, and yet still think his booing was not shameful at all. I remember other things as well, but by this point in history it is basically redundant to trot them out. He is history now.

What was shameful about Bush starts eight years ago when he began his term and ended when he shamefully left his wife to wander alone on that runway walking to the helicopter. A billion eyes upon them, boos and bad vibes, and this cad of a man ditches that poor woman without a backward glance. I felt sorry for her, as a woman, to me that shows just what kind of class standard Bush set for us. Disgusting, and good riddance to him.

To me Bush epitimizes selfish.

Plus he does not care what Americans think of him, so if he doesnt care, why should we?

So you dismiss what Semperfortis says and give Congress a pass at the things they've done. You basically said it's all on Bush and when you got called on it you want to quickly sweep the facts all under the rug saying it's in the past.

Except, it's not in the past.

That Congress that voted to go to war and that Congress responsible for plunging this country into economic woe is still in power and still at work. The real oppressors are still in office and all you can do is whine about how Bush hastily left Laura behind?

What a shallow individual you are.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I agree that is horrible that they would boo Bush so. No matter the man holding the office people should always treat them with respect, I mean wouldn't you want that if you were in office?
Booing is immature and shows that the people who booed in the audience have no sense of edicacy. "Love your enemy" "Love your neighbor as yourself" whether you believe in him or not Jesus was a good man and I think we should take his advice. Yeah Bush made some bad decisions, but who hasn't? I guarantee Obama will make mistakes as well. If I remember correctly JFK & Lyndon B. Johnson didn't do anything about the Vietnam war, and in fact Nixon was the one who ended it. But we definitely don't look back at JFK as horrible, and Johnson & Nixon are pretty much on the same playing field.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by asmall89]

link   

Yes. I agree. George Bush decided to run for President because he is an evil man, bent on world domination and determined to ruin the United States.

He hates America.

He works for the Illuminati and unspoken evil forces that live beneath the Earths crust.

His belief in a higher power is solely pretend. His ultimate goal was the destruction of our planet....a hope that the Transformers or Xenons would take over and make us all their slaves.

Please.

Why do you "Bush Bashers" continue?????? At some point, it's kind of being against the McDonalds Hamburglar.

I dont believe anyone here said anything about what you listed above. Just that Bush did a horrible job in representing America and its ideals.

Us Bush haters wouldnt continue if you Bush Lovers wouldn't call America classless for voicing their rightful opinion.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by PhotonEffect]

link   

You sir have no idea what you're talking about. Please review the ATS motto and then make it a point to educate yourself on the facts before you contribute to a thread.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by asmall89

"Love your enemy" "Love your neighbor as yourself" ...

[edit on 20-1-2009 by asmall89]

No ask yourself this, Is this something Bush would do?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Haha, instead of attacking me, why not try and stay on topic?

I have my opinions, you have your opinions, and let's not resort to personal attacks. Just because I have a highly opinionated viewpoint does not mean you should attack me for what I say, nor for what I believe.

Regardless, I will say what I want to say, and I will do what I want to do. I will not sugarcoat my words, nor my actions, for any of you. I take freedom very seriously, and this includes my right to freedom of speech.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Interesting - I expected to hear the crowd go BOO but I didnt hear anything at all!

I was watching it on CNN, did they filter or turn down the crowd noises at that stage?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffect
I dont believe anyone here said anything about what you listed above. Just that Bush did a horrible job in representing America and its ideals.

Us Bush haters wouldnt continue if you Bush Lovers wouldn't call America classless for voicing their rightful opinion.

What you FAIL to understand is that Bush did not single-handedly represent America during his administration. As was previously pointed out, the President only has so much power. The real power lies with Congress. Together, Congress and the President and the Supreme Court represent the United States during an administration.

And also, need I remind you, that Congress currently has the lowest approval rating in history.

But oh no. Far be it for you to have to buck up and admit that there are those in Congress who are just as responsible and deserve to share some of the blame for a less than stellar Bush administration. Because admitting that you were wrong and making statements based on your emotions would be the classy thing to do. And you Bush haters certainly don't want to do anything classy, now. Do you?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
You all can keep your opinions. I still say Bush was a dang good president and would give him an applause in a heartbeat.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Haha, instead of attacking me, why not try and stay on topic?

I have my opinions, you have your opinions, and let's not resort to personal attacks. Just because I have a highly opinionated viewpoint does not mean you should attack me for what I say, nor for what I believe.

Regardless, I will say what I want to say, and I will do what I want to do. I will not sugarcoat my words, nor my actions, for any of you. I take freedom very seriously, and this includes my right to freedom of speech.

Hey, it was merely a suggestion. No one is attacking you're right to "free speech" on a privately owned website. I'm just trying to keep you posting incorrect information and looking like a doof. But carry on.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffect

He hates America.

Please.

Yes, Photon, I did paraphrase your sentiments. You "haters" have a warped view of George Bush's presidency.

You paint him as an inherently evil person that only wished harm on our great country.

You certainly do have that right to criticize, but it would probably mean a whole lot more if it was coming from an intelligent point of view instead of a "knee-jerk" reactive one.

Bush represented perfectly the ideals of the American vision.

A man of principle that held to his convictions, carried out what he professed and believed in, and didn't apologize.

I won't bash previous presidents that were too "limp-wristed" to follow through, but I think you know who they are.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join