It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America once again shows lack of class

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
If booing and jeering was all they got, then they got off lightly.

I recall only last week reading a thread on ATS regarding Dubya saying he does not "give a darn what the American people think of him". What a slap in the face for all of you.

These people (Bush, Cheney and don't forget Rumsfeld) are liars, parasites and war criminals; they should be tried for crimes against their own people. I am actually surprised that someone did not attempt to take these guys out years ago.

Those people that booed and jeered at Bush and Cheney, last I heard, were still living a country that prides itself on allowing free speech. Maybe I am incorrect but I am not aware of any erasure or amendment of that particular clause in the Constitution of the United States of America yet.

I think many of you can rest asssured that the booing and jeering was applauded and supported by millions around the globe. Just like the shoe incident...

One man's impression of poor taste is another's way of expression.

Yeah, I have no class

take care all
res

[edit on 20-1-2009 by resistancia]

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The Booing was shameful

Shameful because people don't remember, or conveniently forget.

They don't remember that a wartime President is always unpopular; they send our children to die.

They don't remember that a President can in reality do virtually nothing without approval of the House and Senate.

They don't remember when the House and Senate voted almost unanimously to take the very actions everyone now demonizes President Bush for.

They don't remember that the only political approval ratings that have ever been lower than President Bush, was this House and Senate.

They don't remember that prior to electing a Liberal House and Senate, the economy was booming and the jobless rate was at an historic low.

They don't remember, or make up fantasy scenarios about, the attack on us on 911.

They don't remember that we have not been attacked since, and that in fact, due to the security measures implemented by this man you all so easily demonize; numerous attacks have been foiled.

Nobody remembers what it is like to stand by your convictions even when the whole world thinks you are wrong. And keep a country safe.

Nobody knows what it is like to send young men and women off to die in a foreign country, unless you have commanded troops yourself.

So sure, Boo him...

All of you that are safe, un-attacked by terrorism, not serving your country, or living in a fantasy 911 world, boo away.

There are those of us that remember, those of us that served and those of us that see and understand.

Semper

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Bush doesnt care what Americans think anyways per his own words so if hes not offended then neither should you.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Bush and Cheney kept this country safe for the better part of eight years. They deserve much better than boos, but that is the nature of a free society and those who have lived ungratefully in the safety of the Bush administration will now have to live with what will come to pass.

As far as the non-Americans who choose to comment here, I have no interest. You're welcome to your opinions, but you have your own little corner of the world to be concerned with.

GW Bush did not ask for the role that was thrust upon him on 9/11, yet he rose to the occasion and committed himself to keeping our nation safe and to spreading the cause of freedom to those who are willing to partake.

We can only hope that Obama has more going for him than charisma, because charisma won't be enough to combat the evil that confronts the world.

Obama is an avowed Christian. Those Americans of faith regardless of their politics would be best served by praying for guidance for the man who will lead the nation for the next four to eight years.

The selfish shortsightedness of the masses should not influence the hearts of the stalwart. That is the legacy of GW Bush and it is a noble one.

[edit on 2009/1/20 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

Originally posted by redhatty
So we have an enormous crowd there to watch the inauguration of Obama as 44th president.

I would *guess* it's safe to say that the people standing out in that cold were not exactly Bush (or McCain for that matter) supporters.

SO the *people* in the crowd who were booing the outgoing executive branch, and their wives would have consisted of...

Mostly Obama supporters - right?

SO... now that we have this established, we know where the classless, adolescent behavior came from, don't we?

Makes me ashamed that THEY are Americans

Very well said
line two

[edit on 20-1-2009 by Muundoggie]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Question Fate

Originally posted by dankanight13
reply to post by jsobecky

I have to agree with you, I am ashamed of my nation for the first time unlike Michelle Obama.

That shows you how mature Obama supporters are I suppose.

wow..

Nothing shows maturity like throwing insults

Last I checked I only had one insult in there. Its a fact that Michelle Obama has not been proud of her country many times.

Proven here:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
here is that wonderful video of Bush getting Booed!!!!

He got off easy -

Give me a break, he did not deserve applause nor does he deserve one second of gratitude for his disgusting horrible service to this country.

His friends will give me all the gratitude he needs and what he worked for the last 8 years, in fact billions are probably already sitting in secret bank accounts right now for what he has done for them.

What he did for the rest of us, was repression, oppression and depression!

If I had been there in the crowd, I would have been booing as loud as possible, but I could only show the T.V. my finger many times over and yell at the T.V. my happiness that he was OUT and what I thought of him and what he could do with himself!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
What hypocracy....

Conservatives are booing Obama even on this thread. They have no respect for the office of the President.

I remember McCain being booed by the GOP faithful, during the Campaign when he stood up for Obama.

Class indeed....

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Im all with you on the Obama part.. I will be keeping a close eye on him.
However you think it was in bad taste that those guys got what they had comming?
You expect those people to stand and clap for a murdering SOB!!!!

Forget that.. You talk about class and respect???

Bush and his Con men gave this country no respect.. He has no class.

This man was a reflection of what and who he is. And what he has done!!

A reflection..

Not a bunch of people going off the wall and acting like children.

No those people are simply a reflection of what Bush and Co. truely is deep down.

And for people to still defend that dirt bag is why we still have wars..
ITs why people still die today..
Its why so many things happen.

As you see... Some people will defend murdering dirt bags.
And then some people will get so tired of the BS.. We grab guns, and just start killing all over again. This is a sick sick world..
And nothing is going to be classy about it guy..

This is a blood soaked Earth, with murders and con men at the top.
While the average guy who works and has a family is the one who foots the bill to the war machine..

Im glad they boo'ed them..

So most will view this as a liberal, left wing'ed attack.. Man.. This gets old fast.. There is no right, there is no left!!!!
All you fighting over crumbs.. Its crazy!!
Simply crazy.. We fight over crumbs, while those guys walk off with the whole loaf of bread...
And you are amazed he was boo'ed.. WTF man?

Its like.. Now now.. Be good little sheep and clap and jump up and down for the dirt bag murdering clan of whores!!!
Hell no.. I have no respect for the house.. They hold no honor.. They are theives and liars!! Murders!!!!!

[edit on 20-1-2009 by zysin5]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
You and I don't always agree on things. And this is one of those things. Bush should not only be booed, he should be arrested.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
As an American and a former supporter of Bush, I have to say he got what he deserved. This man and his administration has deceived many and are responsible for the death of many more.

Justice Should be served, but it won't be...

[edit on 20-1-2009 by GorehoundLarry]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Liars, parasites and war criminals......

Shame on you for having such a retarded view of a man with morals.

If you all had one ounce of perception, after eight years of speeches and press conferences, you would be able to see that George W Bush acted in good faith, honesty and integrity.

Sure, call him a devil, and evil man that wished only harm for our country, a man that only wished to steal your rights. How dumb does that sound? He kept us safe from the savages of our planet for almost eight years. He helped more people in Africa than the past 16 presidents. He maintained the American moral compass.

Shame on you for being so shortsighted and vindictive. You embarass us real Americans.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

A couple of points. I do remember all of those things, and yet still think his booing was not shameful at all. I remember other things as well, but by this point in history it is basically redundant to trot them out. He is history now.

What was shameful about Bush starts eight years ago when he began his term and ended when he shamefully left his wife to wander alone on that runway walking to the helicopter. A billion eyes upon them, boos and bad vibes, and this cad of a man ditches that poor woman without a backward glance. I felt sorry for her, as a woman, to me that shows just what kind of class standard Bush set for us. Disgusting, and good riddance to him.

To me Bush epitimizes selfish.

Plus he does not care what Americans think of him, so if he doesnt care, why should we?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Why wouldn't we boo them? Look what they have done to this country?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Gears Of War

your views of our nation and the last eight years is like using coke bottles for glasses, when we want your opinion we will buy it!!

MBF

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
jso, just be patient. Those who booed today will taste their own bitterness soon enough.

This nation bought a pig in a poke. We still don't know what we are in for from this completely unknown.

He may be good, and he just may make George Bush look really good by comparison.

I was always taught that the measure of a man is a summation of his actions. Words, style, and promises mean diddly squat. Obama hasn't done one damned thing. Ever. Nothing. Ever. He got elected to the Senate? With Chicago-style politics?

Does that not trouble anyone that other than election, he has never even had a real job?

Today, that was one of the more shameful moments for Americans. But the bulk of Americans today are an embarrassment. Many uneducated in spite of education, many are rude because they lack any polish, and as a group think everything should be done for them.

I think Michael C. Riggs said it best, "A turd, encased in a fine silk sock, at the end of the day, is still a turd."

We shall see.

I couldn't have said it any better. My relatives from Chicago were bragging a few years ago about this young black man that was going to do great things for Illinois and were big supporters. When he started running for president, they called us and yelled to the top of there lungs that we don't need him for president, because he was so corrupt.

Well, he has his chance. I hope he doesn't screw up.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I wanted to add one last POV on the booing phenomenon.

Has anyone considered that Americans are possibly just FED UP with bad leaders? Maybe in better economic times, less uncertain times, the man would not have been booed. There WAS a spatter of applause, but the people who booed have as much right to their expressions as well, and maybe they just could not hold it in any more.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
The Booing was shameful

Shameful because people don't remember, or conveniently forget.

They don't remember that a wartime President is always unpopular; they send our children to die.

They don't remember that a President can in reality do virtually nothing without approval of the House and Senate.

They don't remember when the House and Senate voted almost unanimously to take the very actions everyone now demonizes President Bush for.

They don't remember that the only political approval ratings that have ever been lower than President Bush, was this House and Senate.

They don't remember that prior to electing a Liberal House and Senate, the economy was booming and the jobless rate was at an historic low.

They don't remember, or make up fantasy scenarios about, the attack on us on 911.

They don't remember that we have not been attacked since, and that in fact, due to the security measures implemented by this man you all so easily demonize; numerous attacks have been foiled.

Nobody remembers what it is like to stand by your convictions even when the whole world thinks you are wrong. And keep a country safe.

Nobody knows what it is like to send young men and women off to die in a foreign country, unless you have commanded troops yourself.

So sure, Boo him...

All of you that are safe, un-attacked by terrorism, not serving your country, or living in a fantasy 911 world, boo away.

There are those of us that remember, those of us that served and those of us that see and understand.

Semper

Amen! if i for one ever got the chance to meet George Dubya I would shake his hand i thank him for the job he did.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by StonyJ
Liars, parasites and war criminals......

Shame on you for having such a retarded view of a man with morals...

Shame on you for being so shortsighted and vindictive. You embarass us real Americans.

Was I trying to be American?

Is this the comic relief thread

Don't make me laugh too hard now

take care all
res

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dankanight13

I have to agree with you, I am ashamed of my nation for the first time unlike Michelle Obama.

That shows you how mature Obama supporters are I suppose.

I agree, but it's not just Obama supporters, McCain supporters would shout "kill him" and "terrorist"...but frankly it's all extremely immature. Instead of booing, just don't applaud, there are manners.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join