It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Questions for Those Who Believe in God

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Firstly, about me: I'm an ex-Christian pantheist. I try to "live a good life" (as in not breaking the law and not hurting anyone), but some of the things I do/did would be considered immoral by most. I currently live with my girlfriend, who is just an ex-Christian who doesn't think much about/of religion.

To the OP: you're wasting your time trying to get answers from Christians about their beliefs.

Let me demonstrate. Last year I had an interesting "argument" with a devout Christian and a devout Moslem. Both of them claim that God knows everything about you and everything that you are going to do, BUT, you still have free will. I tried very hard to explain to them that it's impossible for you to have free will if God has already laid out your life for you, but they won't budge. They are both reasonably intelligent people, but religion infects/affects their thought processes.

Whatever question you come up with they will come up with an answer that satisfies them. It doesn't have to satisfy you, as long as they are satisfied nothing else matters.

Let's look at the biggest contradiction of them all. God loves us all and wants us all to come to Heaven, but God is the biggest mass-murderer in the history of the world. The answer I usually get to that is "the Lord giveth, the Lord taketh away". He gave you life so it's his right to take it away whenever he chooses. It's ok for God to kill children, infants, women, whatever. Let me not even start with how God told "His people" to commit massive genocide, smash babies heads against rocks, "take the women who has not known men for yourself", etc. How THAT can be a "God of love" is beyond me, but Christians can somehow justify it. I'm not saying God is evil, I'm saying the "God" in the Bible is not God, but others pretending to be God.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation:"Are all members of other faiths bad? Are they all damned to Hell?"....No and No

"Why, if your religion is the true religion, did it borrow its central myths and ceremonies from other ancient religions?"...1stly I don't claim for 1 second that it is and secondly because she is a Greek Goddess I'm pretty sure what worked for the ancients Greeks will work for me.

"Why don't animals go to heaven or hell when they die? What makes us so special?"... Because Achlys devours them and No we ain't special as we get devoured as well!

"Before Jesus died so that we could go to heaven, where did people go when they died?"....He didn't and they got devoured by Achlys!

"Explain how the Bible is a reliable guide to Christ's teachings."...I can't, precisely because it isn't reliable! And I wouldn't want to as its not my bible at all. Achlys doesn't have a bible ....yet!

"Explain why prayer is OK in your religion, while spell casting is not in the occult religions, when both amount to the same thing: requesting that a superior supernatural force intercede in a way that would be impossible according to the normally accepted laws of physics."...Well its not cool to pray to Achlys in my religion (she doesn't care or reply often so why should I even bother!) and she has no restrictions as far as I know, on other people praying or casting spells because if I am her only high priest and she stubbornly and capriciously refuses to answer or fulfill my prayers or spells what chance do you think that your going to have with her????

"Why are there so many wars and murders in God's name? Isn't that against everything the religion stands for?". Please name 1 War committed in the name of Achlys before I reveal why those wars took place if indeed the took place! And No...war has never been against Achlys's Laws and is in fact one of her favorite harvesting fields for devouring the dead.

"If God is omnipotent, then why is he unable to prevent evil? If he is able, but not willing, doesn't this make him malevolent?"...Well yes she is Omnipotent and could prevent evil if she wanted to because she is able and not willing and yes this makes her malevolent and capricious and well I've just got to watch my step..OR ELSE!!!

"If your god is all-knowing, all-powerful, perfect, and finally if he actually exists, why are there so many questions? Why is there so much evidence to the contrary?".....Questions??? For you? maybe! but for me there are no more questions and absolutely NO evidence to the contrary as far as I'm concerned.

Personal Disclosure: Go get your own GOD.......This One is mine!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Total Reality
Are all members of other faiths bad? Are they all damned to Hell?

Depends.. I believe in G.d and I find the path to salvation in the Tanakh. Personally, I view those with no faith as being better off than those those who subscribe to blind faith.

I do not condemn anyone. It is not my place to do such, but rather to bring light to self responsibility. I am personally nervous of all those who subscribe to blind faith and condemn others to hell. It seems to be something that is taking over the world. *bites nails nervously*

Why, if your religion is the true religion, did it borrow its central myths and ceremonies from other ancient religions?

As someone else on this board states so eloquently, I do not buy authority as truth, but rather truth as authority. I say search.. if you search in all honesty of heart.. meaning you want nothing but the ABSOLUTE truth.. that is what you will be opened to.

Why don't animals go to heaven or hell when they die? What makes us so special?

I believe we make heaven and hell with what is before us.. so, this question doesn't apply to me I guess.

Before Jesus died so that we could go to heaven, where did people go when they died?

I don't believe that Jesus died so that we can go to heaven.. I believe that the Word spoke through Jesus to show us the path to heaven HERE and NOW.

Explain how the Bible is a reliable guide to Christ's teachings.

I don't think the NT is reliable. I think that if you are going to filter the beginning of a book through the end of a book, you are just asking to be set up.

Explain why prayer is OK in your religion, while spell casting is not in the occult religions, when both amount to the same thing: requesting that a superior supernatural force intercede in a way that would be impossible according to the normally accepted laws of physics.

True prayer is continual and never selfish.

Why are there so many wars and murders in God's name? Isn't that against everything the religion stands for?

Because of the false teachings that have allowed for control rather than self responsibility.

If God is omnipotent, then why is he unable to prevent evil? If he is able, but not willing, doesn't this make him malevolent?

He created us and the earth. It is up to us what we make of it. Too little knowledge in the world. Despite all the technology, we are still stuck in the stone age.. worshiping our rocks and sticks in the caves.

If your god is all-knowing, all-powerful, perfect, and finally if he actually exists, why are there so many questions? Why is there so much evidence to the contrary?

Because people are not looking for THE truth, they are looking for *their* truth.

Good questions!

[edit on 20-1-2009 by justamomma]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

all man (no matter what religion, ¨true¨ religion included) is guilty of sin (rom 3:23)

all man dies because of sin. (rom 5:12)

what makes people of the ¨true religion¨ different from the rest of the world is that they acknowledge this problem. the world grows worse and worse, mostly because of the direct consequence of sinning (stealing, murdering, lying, etc etc)

another major difference is that people of the ¨TR¨ accept that god is smarter than them and is able to solve these problems that man seems to be unable to solve. their ¨faith¨ allows for them to acknowledge that they might need help.

as for hell? not supported by the bible. i can pull up scriptural references if you would prefer.

the choice is not heaven or hell. its life or death. even then people are given a second chance in the ¨resurrection of the just and unjust¨

in the end, its whether your not you think you are master or god is.

Why, if your religion is the true religion, did it borrow its central myths and ceremonies from other ancient religions?

how do you know they didnt borrow from the true religion?

animals were not designed to be more than what they are. they are instinctual.

humans are too, but we are unique in that we have the freewill to control our instincts.

Before Jesus died so that we could go to heaven, where did people go when they died?

they became nonexistant.

eccl 9:[5] For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
[10] Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.

gen 3:[19] In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

- more or less unaltered (there are transcipts that date back to 60 a.d that verify this)
- in harmony with the OT.
- there is nothing to really say that it isnt

Explain why prayer is OK in your religion, while spell casting is not in the occult religions, when both amount to the same thing: requesting that a superior supernatural force intercede in a way that would be impossible according to the normally accepted laws of physics.

1 peter 5:[8] Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

if you knew that there was a lion outside, would you casual go for a sunday walk?

the spirit realm has good spirits and has bad spirits. (true for both christianity and occult) how do you know which one you are talking to?

Why are there so many wars and murders in God's name? Isn't that against everything the religion stands for?

(see first response)

everyone sins. everyone has a self tendency. and not everyone actually cares about god (religious people included). just because someone fights in the name of god, doesnt mean that god approves.

If God is omnipotent, then why is he unable to prevent evil? If he is able, but not willing, doesn't this make him malevolent?

it could. or there is a reason he permits it.

If your god is all-knowing, all-powerful, perfect, and finally if he actually exists, why are there so many questions? Why is there so much evidence to the contrary?

again, maybe there is a reason he permits it. he permits people to believe whatever they want. doesnt mean its true.

as i said before, in the end, its whether your not you think you are master or god is. thats was adams sin. he thought he didnt need god.

logically that raises an interesting question. does man need god or can we handle things on our own? after 6 thousand years of written history, whats your verdict? is mankind better off without god?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Lannock, I had thos kind of conversations too, and they ended all up in the same, as you say. The better answer for them is the one that matters, but I prefer something than can be applied to everyone... We just can't all be the same!

As I am not a believer, I am not even going to try to answer those topic questions, but to L.I.B.:
- "Depends" is not an answer;
- "No, not in my opinion." is a valide answer ok, but only for you (gets us to what Lannock said;
-"I prefer to think they do. Though it seems every religion says they don't.". What about "atheist" animals? Who decides where they go? All animals are equal, and we are just another species;
-If Evil is not real how are we going to prevent it?;

And I don't want an extense post...

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I find it hard to believe there's a god when there are pedophile priests and lottery-winning rapists on this planet. If the big man is up there he's certainly got a lot of work to do and needs to get crackin! He's probably too busy engrossed in the ATS forums

On a serious note tho, is religion just not the worlds longest running conspiracy theory? Sure there are pointers that indicate the possibility of a supreme being but as for evidence, there isn't actually a shred of it!

I don't mean to offend anyone religious, EVERYONE on this planet is entitled to their own beliefs, but religions just seem so flawed.

Roll on Project Bluebeam

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by dani_00

You know what!! If you dont have the feeling you have no grounds to know what this is all about.
Knowledge is not love or understanding. Knowledge is just an idea or an impression you make of words or images. If you dont feel anything then you cant know what we who feel understand of this whole thing. Because it is based on two different grounds.
You cant understand what we understand by the meaning of the words. Because you use knowledge. Knowledge is not love. Love is knowledge.

Now i bet you got lost

But what is the message God wants to give us! What is the bible all about!

I bet you dont know because your knowledge clouds your mind. That's what separate believers from non believers.The Knowledge separates us.

Knowledge is not love. But love is knowledge. Is that true or false!

Haha
Some might say that love makes us blind. What dose that mean!

Dose that mean your not as smart as you thought.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jimbowsk
I find it hard to believe there's a god when there are pedophile priests and lottery-winning rapists on this planet. If the big man is up there he's certainly got a lot of work to do and needs to get crackin! He's probably too busy engrossed in the ATS forums

On a serious note tho, is religion just not the worlds longest running conspiracy theory? Sure there are pointers that indicate the possibility of a supreme being but as for evidence, there isn't actually a shred of it!

I don't mean to offend anyone religious, EVERYONE on this planet is entitled to their own beliefs, but religions just seem so flawed.

Roll on Project Bluebeam

This is free will my friend. These are people with no knowledge of other love then for them selves and their possessions.
The only thing that is wrong to them is if you violate their property. Its like that with all criminals. They dont respect you property,but you have to respect theirs.

These people will get whats coming to them. I also bet a lot of them have serious personal problems because of what they do to others. They know its wrong. But their hunger for lust is to strong. Reality gets to them when they get caught.

The Bible is full of this stuff.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Everyones bad. We are told in the Bible not to judge, so whether they go to hell or not is God's decision.

Although the Sumerian texts came first this is to be expected because they literally invented writing (cuneiform). Whose to say they were not writing down what they had heard (verbal accounts) of the Israelites who had no form of writing at that time.

The Bible doesn't say they don't.

A place that the Israelites in the Bible referred to as "Abrahams Bosom".
It was perhaps some form of purgatory - that is just my opinion.

Everything Christ said in the Bible is very wise, so I don't think it has been meddled with too much over the years.

Spell casters are not praying to God...maybe their god, but not God.

If you are referring to the Crusades, you will find that Catholics were responsible. Catholics are not Christians because they pray to Mary and other Saints (instead of to God in Jesus name) and they also believe a priest can absolve their sins (which is contrary to the Bible)

Because if he interferes then we no longer have free will.

There are many questions because...
A) People are not necessarily translating accurately from the original text
B) The Bible is not just the word of God, but also contains history accounts and personal poems, prayers and letters. Often people make the mistake of saying "God said", when in actual fact "Paul said" or whomever.
I believe all evidence to the contrary can be explained.

I hope that answers your questions, but also be prepared to get a lot of other different answers because not every Christian reads the Bible, and yet every Christian will have an opinion.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

of course not.
all religions are the true religions to their believers and share a commonality of core beliefs;
How can the lion lie down with the lamb if they don't?
no where.....Jesus had to pay the price and be resurrected before the door to heaven was opened.
I personally only read the red print...Jesus said.....
Prayer is positive, conjuration is negative. physics is not religious
Wars are created by man for man's purpose....Jesus said render unto Caesar that which is Caesars and that which is God's to God."
Free will........you have to chose between good and evil on your own
God is a Universal being and man has a hard time wrapping himself around that concept..... God is all around us but he is also around all the rest of the Universe and the space in between.
10 Morals Atheism Gives me

101 Contradictions in the Bible

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Not all people who believe that there is a God is a believer in God. He only believes in God who believes that God is ONLY One, that it is He Alone who created all that is in the Heavens and all that is in the Earth and that unto Him is the return of all.

The answer is NO. As long as they believe that There is Only One God and they establish regular prayers to Praise and Glorify God, and give to the needy and believe in all the Prophets sent by God and all His Scriptures, then they are rightly guided and following the religion of Abraham.

The only people who are doomed to go to Hell, are those who have despaired of God's mercy, who do not believe in God, who ascribe partners to God, who blaspheme God by attributing to Him a son and a mother. Glory be to God, who has not fathered a son, and who was not born of a woman, and who is Independent of all His creatures.

Who will go to Hell? The Idolaters! And who are the Idolaters?

Then said Jesus: 'Verily all that which a man loveth, which he leaveth everything else but that, is his god. And so the fornicator hath for his image the harlot, the glutton; drunkard hath for image his own flesh, and the covetous hath for his image silver and gold, and so likewise every other sinner.'
Then said he who had invited him: 'Master, which is the greatest sin?'
Jesus answered: 'Which is the greatest ruin of a house?'

Every one was silent, when Jesus with his finger pointed to the foundation, and said: 'If the foundation give way, immediately the house falleth in ruin, in such wise that it is necessary to build it up anew: but if every other part give way it can be repaired. Even so then say I to you, that idolatry is the greatest sin, because it depriveth a man entirely of faith, and consequently of God; so that he can have no spiritual affection. But every other sin leaveth to man the hope of obtaining mercy: and therefore I say that idolatry is the greatest sin.'

My religion is ISLAM, the Surrender to the Will and Guidance of God, the Only religion sent by God to Adam, Noah, Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, Moses and Jesus and Muhammad. It did not borrow anything from any religion, it re-established the original religion of the Prophets. The Holy Quran is the Mother of the Book and confirms all the Scriptures revealed by God from Adam to Jesus. This Book is the Final Testament and will be the Witness against all mankind on the Day of Judgment.

He hath ordained for you that religion which He commended unto Noah, and that which We inspire in thee (Muhammad), and that which We commended unto Abraham and Moses and Jesus, saying: Establish the religion, and be not divided therein. Dreadful for the idolaters is that unto which thou callest them. Allah chooseth for Himself whom He will, and guideth unto Himself him who turneth (toward Him). Holy Quran 42:13

Lo! this, your religion, is one religion, and I am your Lord, so worship Me. Holy Quran, The Prophets verse 93.

But they (mankind) have broken their religion among them into sects, each group rejoicing in its tenets. 23:53

Lo! religion with Allah (is) the Surrender (to His Will and Guidance). Those who (formerly) received the Scripture differed only after knowledge came unto them, through transgression among themselves. Whoso disbelieveth the revelations of Allah (will find that) lo! Allah is swift at reckoning.

Humans are more special than animals because their souls are superior to them, from a seed, you become a plant then you become a living creature, beast, birds, fishes then you become a human, so God can test you. He gave you eyes, ears, and hearts to see if you will be thankful, those who grow spiritually and remember their Lord and do good works go to Paradise after the Judgment, but those who are found corruptors and Idolaters go to Hell to burn there forever.

'After that shall be called to judgment all the unbelievers and reprobates, against whom shall first arise all creatures inferior to man, testifying before God how they have served these men, and how the same have outraged God and his creatures. And the prophets every one shall arise, testifying against them; wherefore they shall be condemned by God to infernal flames. Verily I say unto you, that no idle word or thought shall pass unpunished in that tremendous day. O. thrice and four times blessed are the poor, who in true poverty shall have served God from the heart, for in this world are they destitute of worldly cares, and shall therefore be freed from many sins, and in that day they shall not have to render an account of how they have spent the riches of the world, but they shall be rewarded for their patience and their poverty. Verily I say unto you, that if the world knew this it would choose the hair-shirt sooner than purple, lice sooner than gold, fasts sooner than feasts.

'When all have been examined, God shall say unto his messenger: "Behold, O my friend, their wickedness, how great it has been, for I their creator did employ all created things in their service, and in all things have they dishonoured me. It is most just, therefore, that I have no mercy on them." The messenger of God shall answer: "It is true, Lord, our glorious God, not one of thy friends and servants could ask thee to have mercy on them: nay, I thy servant before all ask justice against them."

'And he having said these words, all the angels and prophets, with all the elect of God - nay, why say I the elect? - verily I say unto you, that spiders and flees, stones and sand shall cry out against the impious, and shall demand justice.

'Then shall God cause to return to earth every living soul inferior to man, and he shall send the impious to hell. Who, in going, shall see again that earth, to which dogs and horses and other vile animals shall be reduced. Wherefore shall they say: "O Lord God, cause us also to return to that earth." But that which they ask shall not be granted to them.

The Disbelievers on that day will wish to become animals to escape Judgment. Praise be to God, the Most Just of Judges. Amen.

[edit on 20-1-2009 by queenofangels_17]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Oooo another religious/god debate ...ain't these fun. So after we are done tearing each other apart debating the (un)reality of it what is left?

People...you.. me...that other guy...her over there...

what else is true?

Religions and god have been debated throughout human history, it is a part of our species, the evidence is in every history

every religion will get organized and do horrible things in the name of their religion and their god...they will also do many many really good things

imho, god is in each and every one of us, collectively and individually we are god....all religions state this by something along the lines that god is everywhere...ever hear that before?

so how then is it we do not exhibit godlike powers? but we do...we create life, we create a world ( ever get told you're in your own world? ) only defined by your own particular strength and willpower, it is your world, what will YOU do with it? some limit themselves locally, some become highly spiritual, too many others less so, some become more in tune with nature, others conflict, others send messages of hope and inspiration, what is your mission, what do you do? ( doesn't it feel good to realize that you are god ? really! )

lastly....everyone dies, there is the great mystery, what happens then? I have my opinion others do as well, heaven and hell? Fertilizer? Does Spiritual will determine our destination? animals....does it matter so much where they go? dead is dead

pG

....o god that crazy pizzaguy on ATS is at it again ...heh

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by b3r6a8d8

I still haven't seen any answers...So answer the man, where did everyone go before Jesus was alive. After all, don;t you have to have Christ in your life to go to heaven?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Total Reality

"Before Jesus died so that we could go to heaven, where did people go when they died?"

Jesus did not die so mankind will go to Heaven. He lived and preached the True Gospel so that people who hears the Gospel and live by it may go to Paradise. Jesus and all the Prophets were sent ONLY to deliver God's message, they were not sent to compel mankind to believe. Their sole duty is to deliver the message and nothing else. Jesus dying for the sins of mankind is the teachings of Satan, not God. Jesus' message is to Love and Worship God alone, and to love your neighbors as yourself and to give charity. If the people followed this teachings which are the True teachings of all the Prophets of God, then with God's mercy they will enter Paradise.

When people die, the first thing is that they will be interviewed by God's angels about their faith, who is their God, who is their Prophet and what is their Religion. If they are found to be faithful then they rest in their grave peacefully until the Day of Resurrection. While the disbelievers are tormented night and day in their graves, they are punished for their sins until the Day of Judgment and then they are made to enter Hell with all the Disbelievers after God has given His Judgment.

"Explain how the Bible is a reliable guide to Christ's teachings."

The Old Testament is more reliable than the New Testament, The Book of Moses although it did not escape corruption from false scribes has shown the straight path and is confirmed in the Holy Quran, it preaches that There is ONLY ONE GOD and Him alone should be worshiped, this is the straight path. The New Testament composed largely by the teachings of Paul is teaching a New Doctrine that Jesus is Son of God, and teaches Trinity instead of the original teaching of God's Unity. It is vouchsafed in the Holy Quran that Jesus and David has cursed the Children of Israel who will believe that Jesus is the son of God after it has been revealed to them in the Final Testament that Jesus and his Disciples did not teach this doctrine.

And when Allah saith: O Jesus, son of Mary! Didst thou say unto mankind: Take me and my mother for two gods beside Allah? he saith: Be Thou glorified! It was not mine to utter that to which I had no right. If I used to say it, then Thou knewest it. Thou knowest what is in my mind, and I know not what is in Thy Mind. Lo! Thou, only Thou, art the Knower of Things Hidden. 5:116

And when Jesus son of Mary said: O Children of Israel! Lo! I am the messenger of Allah unto you, confirming that which was (revealed) before me in the Torah, and bringing good tidings of a messenger who cometh after me, whose name is Ahmad (the Praised One). Yet when he hath come unto them with clear proofs, they say: This is mere magic.

The True Gospel of Jesus has been manipulated in the NT to fit the doctrine that He is son of God and the only way of Salvation is through him. It gave rise to Idolatry and caused the people to apostate from the true teachings of Jesus. Look for the hidden teachings of Jesus that did not make it to the NT, and compare it with the Torah and Holy Quran if they teach the same things as the other two then it is the true teachings of Jesus.

They surely disbelieve who say: Lo! Allah is the Messiah, son of Mary. The Messiah (himself) said: O Children of Israel, worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord. Lo! whoso ascribeth partners unto Allah, for him Allah hath forbidden Paradise. His abode is the Fire. For evil-doers there will be no helpers. 5:72

Prayer is God's best gift to mankind, all the Prophets have taught their people how to make prayer pleasing to God. Only in Prayers can man ask God for forgiveness and for whatever he needs in this life, and only God can forgive sins and grant the prayers of His Servants. God is closer to a man than his jugular veins, He knows whatever you reveal and whatever you conceal, if one makes prayers to God and ascribe no partner unto Him then God Hears and answers the petition of His servants.

Spell casting and dark magic is not the same as praying. These were taught by the Angels Harut and Marut to the Kingdom of Solomon but not before warning them that whosoever practices them will be forbidden Paradise.

"... and follow that which the devils falsely related against the kingdom of Solomon. Solomon disbelieved not; but the devils disbelieved, teaching mankind magic and that which was revealed to the two angels in Babel, Harut and Marut. Nor did they (the two angels) teach it to anyone till they had said: We are only a temptation, therefore disbelieve not (in the guidance of Allah). and from these two (angles) people learn that by which they cause division between man and wife; but they injure thereby no-one save by Allah's leave. and they learn that which harmeth them and profiteth them not. and surely they do know that he who trafficketh therein will have no (happy) portion in the Hereafter; and surely evil is the price for which they sell their souls, if they but knew. 2:102

Wars and murders can only be in God's Name if the people making war is defending God's Unity from those who blaspheme Him. In the time of Moses Joshua, by order of God killed 120,000 of the Children of Israel who made the Golden Calf and worshiped it instead of God. So, how many wars really have been in the Name of God? In the name of Greed and Power and Worldwide control maybe but not in the Name of God.

What is against religion is to oppress people, and kill believers ( who believe in the Unity of God), but when the enemies fight you for believing in God's Unity then God has made it lawful to retaliate.

Whoso slayeth a believer of set purpose, his reward is hell for ever. Allah is wroth against him and He hath cursed him and prepared for him an awful doom. 4:93

The Torah and Jesus' Gospel and the Holy Quran enjoin believers to defend God's Unity, to slay and be slain in the way of God. Slaves die to defend their King and God is King of ALL.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
-----Are all members of other faiths bad? Are they all damned to Hell?
Not at all, a person who does good will be saved, regardless of religion. People do not yet understand the nature of God but upon death all will be clear.

-----Why, if your religion is the true religion, did it borrow its central myths and ceremonies from other ancient religions?
The message has been here for a long time indeed, but misinterpreted, manipulated, falsified so many times that we are lost. Only a personal quest will give yu all your answers. Do not blindly follow a religion but do your own research.

-----Why don't animals go to heaven or hell when they die? What makes us so special?
They do. They have a spirit like us and there is a palce for them. I dont know if it is with us humans.

------Before Jesus died so that we could go to heaven, where did people go when they died?
Jesus didnt come to open the gates of heaven for us, he came to save us in other ways. Save us from ourselves because he knew that, among all the evil and pain, there is goodness in our hearts

-----Explain how the Bible is a reliable guide to Christ's teachings.
It is not, but you get the idea that you should treat others with love and respect. If we could just follow that we would thrive.

-----Explain why prayer is OK in your religion, while spell casting is not in the occult religions, when both amount to the same thing: requesting that a superior supernatural force intercede in a way that would be impossible according to the normally accepted laws of physics.
I actually used to be a witch, done ouija and spiritism among other things I now wish I never touched. I now understand that we are not alone and it is a dangerous practice. There are entities we cnnot see which are best left alone.

-----Why are there so many wars and murders in God's name? Isn't that against everything the religion stands for?
They are simply mislead. Again if people understood and follow holy scriptures they would tend the other cheek. If nobody strikes then violence disappears altogether.

-----If God is omnipotent, then why is he unable to prevent evil? If he is able, but not willing, doesn't this make him malevolent?
God isnt a guy with a magic wand. It is the alpha and the omega, which for me means the whole universe, the force which makes everything. We are like cells in this body, some cells can be cancerigen and spread to only end up destroying their environment and themselves. God may have no control over how we feel and how we react. We are a "force" of our own.

-----If your god is all-knowing, all-powerful, perfect, and finally if he actually exists, why are there so many questions? Why is there so much evidence to the contrary?
God is everything. Look around you, everything that happened is because of God. God is the laws of physics, it is the laws we do not yet understand and more.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dani_00

Hello,

As I am not a believer, I am not even going to try to answer those topic questions, but to L.I.B.:
- "Depends" is not an answer;

You are referring to my answer to this question:

Same as after Jesus died. The depends answer was based on whether individuals needed/have to reincarnate or not.

- "No, not in my opinion." is a valide answer ok, but only for you (gets us to what Lannock said;

What did Lannock say?

-"I prefer to think they do. Though it seems every religion says they don't.". What about "atheist" animals? Who decides where they go? All animals are equal, and we are just another species;

I don't think there are any atheist non-human animals. I think that they are more aware of the intangible than humans on the whole are.

-If Evil is not real how are we going to prevent it?;

This is being asked due to my response to the question:

To explain myself I'd want to use the bible. I don't know that that is something you would want to read, so....

To speak as a mystic: This world is illusionary in nature. While it is a very real appearing illusion, the only thing that is in fact real and continues on is Light, which is synonymous with: (agape) Love, Life and God.

Anything that is of the darkness is not light and is therefore not real. Anything done that is based in fear is darkness as it is the opposite of (agape) Love, and is considered evil.

When darkness comes into the presence of light, it is eliminated. It does not continue on. That is why I said in my previous post that Evil is not real. Soon as we stop participating in it, we become real.

This is how evil is stopped, by becoming responsible for our own actions and deciding not to contribute to anything that is harmful to others or ourselves.

So, why doesn't God prevent evil? He does by allowing us to choose otherwise. It is up to us, alone. Remaining in darkness and playing all the games that this world offers does nothing to decrease evil, but often only makes it breed. Because it does not seem that being otherwise offers any benefit.

Does that make God malevolent? Would you rather everyone be forced to live other than what they want? God is more than willing to let everyone weary of the facade. At any moment every person could decide to do what is right instead of what is easy or of temporary fun.

Despite that many may disagree with me, I believe that some (not all) atheists are in a stage of growing more into the Light... becoming more ethical all on their own, which makes them stronger for when they receive the "treasures they have stored in heaven" and receive the Light in whatever measure they are capable of when they do turn to God... either in this life or another one later.

And I don't want an extense post...

How did I do?

Again: All this is my opinion and may or may not line up with any dogma or doctrine that anyone may think my religion is.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
In regard to your questions I will answer each.

I, personally, don't believe all faiths are bad nor do I believe they will go to hell. As you said later in your post most faiths have the same basic principles. I believe most religions believe in the same 'God' so to speak. They just believe in different ways to worship/honor him/her.

See above.

I believe all animals go to heaven. They are the only perfect worshipers. They do not take what they can't eat. They only do what they must to survive, and as for domestic animals most only do what is best for their companions.

Well, if you actually read the bible, you would see that they explain that pretty clearly. Previous to christ they had to make sacrifices to God to relieve them of their sins. If they didn't they either went to purgatory or to hell depending on their sins.

Most people don't believe or read the entire New Testament. In there Christ makes the 10 commandments, kinda, null and void.
He says the greatest commandment is to do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
That alone makes it easy for the people who don't understand the commandments and wanted it spelled out for them. Apparently most of us don't understand what God wants of us.

Simple. You will have no false Gods before me. That explains that in a whole.

They are not in, God's name. They are people stating that they are doing such in God's name.
If you believe all things done in God's name are correct. Then I guess you also believe all Muslims want to kill non-believers too. Just because roughly 10% of each religions are zealots that doesn't make the whole the same.

Free will. It is our choice to go which direction we want. He sees what is happening and it is our decision to do what is right or wrong. Yes he can make all things right if he wanted to, but he promised he would never interfere with us again after the flood of Noah.
When Christ comes back he will make what's wrong right, and will bring his children of faith home.
Just because he knows all does not assume he will fix our mistakes. Think of a parent with a child. They allow them to make a mistake, and are there when it does not go as it was supposed to or to praise them when the correct decision is made.
We all must learn from our mistakes.

I am not sure if this answers your questions as you wanted but I hope it gives you some insight to it.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

A bit lost yes! :p

Thankfuly I use knowledge, and thankfuly so many many people over the world uses knowledge to try to help us all. You are writing this because someone used some knowledge and not because someone got in love or imagined that this might be someday possible!

Knowledge is what makes people and the world moving. And knowledge is what you need to understand everything. And that does not mean I do not love or get some time to reflect about life!

And you say the bible is the message God wants to give us believers. But do you even think that the bible was "built" by men in some council (maybe Nicaea) where they, men, human beings, choosed which gospels were going to be part of it?? And even if this is not true, how do you explain the countless gospels found and even some burned by the church?? They are not so important as the others??
And if so, who decides they are not important, as all the writers have lived with Jesus and have great stories to tell??
Why were the gospels of Mathew, John, Luke and Mark chosen as the "true ones" and the gospels of the other apostles were simply put away??
Were the other apostles lying in their gospels about Jesus?? And so, why would they do that if they loved him??
Why did the church choose what story they wanted to pass to the next generations??
Why aren't they all together, in a maybe better bible??

Don't get me wrong, the bible is a great book indeed! As written by normal men... Culturally it is fantastic, it gives a lot of knowledge about those times, and I consider it of unmeasureable value!

Spirituality exists, its part of the human nature and brain. But scientific explanations do exist too, and I am grateful for that. Don't forget that it is being among our species lots of ages before your God!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Thank you guys so much for the very respectful and intelligent posts. I don't really have time right now but I will reply ASAP.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

That was me, dani_00.

I don't know why, but everytime I enter this thread the forum logs me out...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join