It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some Questions for Those Who Believe in God

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by L.I.B.

I will just take these 2 sentences of yours:

"Same as after Jesus died. The depends answer was based on whether individuals needed/have to reincarnate or not."

Why would you or I "reincarnate"?? Do you believe the other animals reincarnate?? Do you believe bacteria reincarnate?? Do you believe trees reincarnate?? And don't start to tell me that bacteria and trees have no "soul" because they are not animals as you and me. Trees do move, it is called tropism, trees breed, bacteria breed, trees get under stress, trees die...

We all came from the same thing, it's the year 2008, no one can deny that fact.

"I don't think there are any atheist non-human animals. I think that they are more aware of the intangible than humans on the whole are."

Do you know what "" are used for??

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by dani_00

I will just take these 2 sentences of yours:

"Same as after Jesus died. The depends answer was based on whether individuals needed/have to reincarnate or not."

Why would you or I "reincarnate"?? Do you believe the other animals reincarnate?? Do you believe bacteria reincarnate?? Do you believe trees reincarnate?? And don't start to tell me that bacteria and trees have no "soul" because they are not animals as you and me. Trees do move, it is called tropism, trees breed, bacteria breed, trees get under stress, trees die...

We all came from the same thing, it's the year 2008, no one can deny that fact.

Everything recycles. Energy is not lost, only transformed. The higher the level of free choice intelligence, the more possibilities for what the energy can be transformed into.

"I don't think there are any atheist non-human animals. I think that they are more aware of the intangible than humans on the whole are."

Do you know what "" are used for??

Do you know what the quote function is used for?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by L.I.B.

L.I.B., I am a newbie in this forum and I haven't had time to know the quote function!

And yes, a scientist found that energie is not lost but transformed. That's just what it happens when something on this planet dies, it turns into food for bacteria!

You know what?? We should have a dinner all together, because these topics will end all in the same non-consensus.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dani_00

L.I.B., I am a newbie in this forum and I haven't had time to know the quote function!

Welcome to the forum!

I generally use the reply to button and fill in my own html, but then I mess that up sometimes. Just copy what a person has typed, paste it in and then put quote commands around what you are replying to. To begin a quote type: [quote ] but close that last bracket up next to the e. To end the quote box type: [/quote ]

And then sometimes I hit the quote function, copy what comes up in the reply box and then go back and use the reply function and then paste all that was copied. Doing it this way, gives you all the quote function filled in, but I've seen that get messed up too.

Not that you asked for all that.

And yes, a scientist found that energie is not lost but transformed. That's just what it happens when something on this planet dies, it turns into food for bacteria!

And yet, then, there is also a part of you that isn't your body... the I of you who is called me. Or, to put it in another way, the part of you that is consciousness.

You know what?? We should have a dinner all together, because these topics will end all in the same non-consensus.

That's true, but the mystics from whatever religion they come from always seem to agree with one another. Even if their understandings are expressed using their culture's holy text, another mystic understands exactly what they are talking about.

But hey! It is nearly dinner time! So, let's not let non-consensus keep us from enjoying one another's company while we break bread.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Total Reality

If God is omnipotent, then why is he unable to prevent evil? If he is able, but not willing, doesn't this make him malevolent?

If your god is all-knowing, all-powerful, perfect, and finally if he actually exists, why are there so many questions? Why is there so much evidence to the contrary?

Well, I don't know - Is God Cruel or Just Misunderstood?

Who says we need religion to believe in God?

There IS NO evidence to the contrary regarding the existence of God! That is part of the problem atheists are having! There is no proof either way. Both take faith to support their belief.

Even Dawkins is not showing evidence of there being no God! I know for I have read his book, "The God Delusion." Have you? Even some of his friends and critics say he fell down on some of his reasoning and I can certainly say the same.

His reasoning will make sense to his sheeple but not deep thinkers.

Often the answer lies somewhere in between. This quote says it all:

"When you have eliminated the impossible then whatever remains however improbable must be true." - Sherlock Holmes

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by L.I.B.

Thanks!

But mysticals all agree in one thing, some superior force, despite the religion. And I do not consider myself with mystical thoughts, but scientifical reason and above all BRAIN reason!

And... My counsciousness are my electric impulses!
eheh

Have a good dinner time, mine was great!

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Are all members of other faiths bad? Are they all damned to Hell?

No and no. God is merciful.

Why, if your religion is the true religion, did it borrow its central myths and ceremonies from other ancient religions?

I'm not sure what you mean by myths and ceremonies but I don't know of another religion that claims Jesus Christ came already and redeemed us by dying on the cross. I also think the point was to put an end to myths and ceremonies but I guess no one knew what to do with all their free time.

Why don't animals go to heaven or hell when they die? What makes us so special?

The bible doesn't really say they do or don't. I personally believe they do. The topic separates Christianity from others religions that tend to worship and revere animals. Personally, I'm happy I'm worth more to God than a dog.

Before Jesus died so that we could go to heaven, where did people go when they died?

The same place, the difference is we get there just by believing he died for us, they had to provide an offering or sacrifice for themselves.

Explain how the Bible is a reliable guide to Christ's teachings.

It's the only book that contains quotes that Jesus Christ himself said. At least the 4 gospels and revelations do. That to me makes it more reliable than other sources. The only really reliable guide is the Holy Spirit and he usually directs you to the bible.

Explain why prayer is OK in your religion, while spell casting is not in the occult religions, when both amount to the same thing: requesting that a superior supernatural force intercede in a way that would be impossible according to the normally accepted laws of physics.

It's not a matter of prayer or spell casting to me but the superior supernatural force that makes it right or wrong. Prayer can be wrong to the wrong god. The bible says that prayers to God are of a sweet aroma to him whereas prayers not made to him are the smoke of their torment.

Why are there so many wars and murders in God's name? Isn't that against everything the religion stands for?

It is against everything the religion stands for. I think that's the point. To prevent anybody from wanting to be a Christian. They actually blaspheme his name when they do it. John 16:2 said whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

If God is omnipotent, then why is he unable to prevent evil? If he is able, but not willing, doesn't this make him malevolent?

It's kind of like I could prevent my son from doing drugs by locking him in a cage. That would be more malevolent than allowing him to choose for himself.

If your god is all-knowing, all-powerful, perfect, and finally if he actually exists, why are there so many questions? Why is there so much evidence to the contrary?

There are so many questions because we are human and not God. But the bible actually answers just about all of them but not too many people want to crack open the book. It's a great time when you don't have to. Bible software makes it easy for you to find the answer quickly, just enter a word and search.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Total Reality
Are all members of other faiths bad? Are they all damned to Hell?

The only people that are damning themselves are the ones stopping the life in them from going forward. In this sense they are Dammed or "Walled Up". Salvation is the same as it has always been. You are saved in the memories of those who love you. In this way you cut yourself off by not giving life as you were given therefore have no place in the minds of those going forward.

Why, if your religion is the true religion, did it borrow its central myths and ceremonies from other ancient religions?

If you trace backwards you will find that all religions start at the same place and are effectually the same things with different names that people think are different religions. It all starts at the twilights last gleaming....Egypt.

Where does it say this and in what religion?

Before Jesus died so that we could go to heaven, where did people go when they died?

You are in heaven. You will find "heaven" means "to exist. God is OF the living not for the living. Jesus isn't a man, but all men. The name of Jesus has a meaning. That meaning is "self existent salvation". You are he.

It's not. Doing his teachings is profitable. His teachings are common sense and can be summed up in one word. Love. No religion necessary.

Explain why prayer is OK in your religion, while spell casting is not in the occult religions, when both amount to the same thing: requesting that a superior supernatural force intercede in a way that would be impossible according to the normally accepted laws of physics.

The body aka "Temple" is a house of prayer for all nations, but the ones "selling" in the body have turned it into a den of thieves.

Why are there so many wars and murders in God's name? Isn't that against everything the religion stands for?

Again, God is of the living. God is killing himself, but he still lives. When everyone is dead...we start over again. Death is fully consumed.

All things are judged. He creates Evil, so that he may form light. If you read Genesis, you will see that "God saw the light, that it was Good". Nothing is "omni" without enclosing all sides.

People would rather believe in invisible magic then truth because people don't want to be responsible, so they kill the only begotten son (themselves) so that the image of him may live dividing and conquering. Once death is fully consumed at twilights gleaming a new age will start. We will all be a new creation.

It appears this really wasn't aimed at all faiths, but rather the Christian faith. Do you have a denomination that is harassing you?

I suggest for all questions, don't ask....Remember.

Peace

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamnot

I'm not sure what you mean by myths and ceremonies but I don't know of another religion that claims Jesus Christ came already and redeemed us by dying on the cross. I also think the point was to put an end to myths and ceremonies but I guess no one knew what to do with all their free time.

I think the op is referring to all the others before Christ that came with 12 disciples, healed and roamed the land preaching the good word, who also were crucified and rose from the dead such as Horus, Mitrass, Krishna, Osiris. Regardless it all starts in Egypt, where Jesus grew up as well as any other leaders of the Hebrew. They all are a form of hr krst. Horus Karast aka Jesus Christ. Christianity is not new, just the name and even that is not new, just a new spelling. All are solar diets. When you see pictures of Jesus with the Halo, the halo is the representation of the dung beetle rolling up the sun or "dung" which is fuel for the fire. Body for the spirit.

People always seam to miss this one line in the bible. "Out of EGYPT, I have called my people He will rule as God"....Very important line to understanding what it is exactly you are giving worship to and understanding the image you are forced to receive in the way of a mark. Sin means "missing the mark".

The bible doesn't really say they do or don't. I personally believe they do. The topic separates Christianity from others religions that tend to worship and revere animals. Personally, I'm happy I'm worth more to God than a dog.

I wonder if Dog is saying the same thing? No...He knows his time and place...It's the humans who get that one confused.

The same place, the difference is we get there just by believing he died for us, they had to provide an offering or sacrifice for themselves.

No. If you have faith the size of a mustard seed, being the smallest of all the plants of the field, then you can say to this mountain "be removed and cast into the sea". Salvation does come from Jesus, but not the one your praying to. Freely you were given life, so too should you do the same if you seek true salvation. "ANYONE seeking to save themselves shall loose themselves.."...Jesus.

It's the only book that contains quotes that Jesus Christ himself said. At least the 4 gospels and revelations do. That to me makes it more reliable than other sources. The only really reliable guide is the Holy Spirit and he usually directs you to the bible.

No. Many other books have quotes from Jesus such as the gospel of Thomas, The gospel of Peter, The gospel of Judas...they were left out of the canon as were many other books that are specifically mentioned in the canon texts. This was decided for you on behalf of the King, and I don't mean Elvis. Jesus told you to beware of the scribes. The Holy Spirit will only lead you to the bible if it has something to reveal to you that you have no understanding of and so that you may have a witness other then man...the true witness of Jesus who witnesses of you, not you him. You are the one who needs redemption. If you seek his redemption, sell all that you have, give to the poor and follow your child where ever he may go...the son of man.

It's not a matter of prayer or spell casting to me but the superior supernatural force that makes it right or wrong. Prayer can be wrong to the wrong god. The bible says that prayers to God are of a sweet aroma to him whereas prayers not made to him are the smoke of their torment.

What superior supernatural force are you referring to? Last I checked, men make laws of right and wrong. I've never heard prayers not made to him are the ones praying own torment. Really doesn't make much sense. Why would you pray for torment?

It is against everything the religion stands for. I think that's the point. To prevent anybody from wanting to be a Christian. They actually blaspheme his name when they do it. John 16:2 said whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

The line you are referring too is speaking directly to you. You think you do God a service, by telling others to lay down their lives for a salvation that can not save. "They will do these things to you because they do not know the Father nor Me"

Let me ask you something. Do you have eternal life? I ask you this because a serpent is saying to you, "You shall not die, but in the day you eat of it your eyes will be opened and you shall be made as God knowing both good and evil" You are looking over this fruit and it looks good and is pleasant to the eyes to make one wise. He was cast down from the beginning of the world and is a double edged sword cutting this way and that. He sends out his angels to gather all things that offend. Don't be deceived by the tasty looking fruit. It's full of maggots named Jacob. I send to my brothers, but Abraham says, " they have the law and the prophets, if they do not believe them, they will not believe even if someone is risen from the dead"

Even saviors don't change God. He never changes.

It's kind of like I could prevent my son from doing drugs by locking him in a cage. That would be more malevolent than allowing him to choose for himself.

You would be locking Christ in a cage if you did that. If he loved you he would say, "not my will be done, but your will be done" and go to the cross of his passions, submitting.

Isa 7:15 He shall eat curds and honey until He knows to refuse the evil and choose the good.
Isa 7:16 For before the boy shall know to refuse the evil and choose the good, the land that you hate will be forsaken before both her kings.

There are so many questions because we are human and not God. But the bible actually answers just about all of them but not too many people want to crack open the book. It's a great time when you don't have to. Bible software makes it easy for you to find the answer quickly, just enter a word and search.

This is why Gods name is blasphemed daily, because "we are human and not God", yet the bible specifically states.

Psa 82:6 I have said, You are gods, and all of you are sons of the Most High.

You are made in his image, yet you pray to an image you make.

Repent (rethink) for the Kingdom is at hand.

Peace to you.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join