It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greatest Depression of 2009... It is Time

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
It seems that the last legs have been kicked out from under the economy. We may be days away from a total collapse, but unlike the Great Depression, we can see it coming. It's as if I can look at the coming situation in retro-spect already. The times ahead are grim; in the thirties people weren't as far removed from the newly imposed harsh realities suffered during the Great Depression. People will go crazy without today's luxuries. Doing what ever it takes, motivated by the idea that they deserve more. It won't be long till the masses of "have nots" will be begging the "haves" for a solution. A solution will come after some careful population control is performed. Everyone's focus will be on their own situation, not even bearing witness to the change taking place; only hoping to stay out of the way.

I just feel as though the time has arrived and this coming week we will realize it. Of course this is just some dude's (my) gut feeling based on the vibrations in my thoughts. A more material gut feeling is expressed by Jim Cramer in the clip below. After I watched it, I felt that the reason he is telling the viewers "get your money out now" is because if he didn't, it way heavy on his conscience later. He made his fortune being able to see the future of the economy. His show also depends on viewers who are involved in the stock market. According to Jim Cramer then, we should take our money and run now! Not something the host of a market show wants to express unless it is a serious warning.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
It's over for America. The gold standard will come back. Obama's policies will over-spend and over-tax America to the point that the dollar is worthless. The Globe will be in turmoil. Everyone will come out of it except America.

I shall be called the Greater Depression because it will be bad.

Every currency and economy will be hurt but get out of the US$. The Canadian Dollar or Yen would be wise (and yes I know that Canada's main trading partner is the U.S but Canada's banking system is the best, bar none).

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Portugoal]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

It's real scary, what scares me is how irrational the people will act when the plug is pulled. Today's young people know no other way, they will be a great little police force fighting for thier way of life back.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I think Obama entering will see the markets go up for a week or two, companies will be riding high on the expectations of the incoming 'saviour'

But come, March I think, I think the banks would of blown the bailout money, the automakers will again be close to broke and the unemployment rate will be close to 10%, thats when its going to hit that the problems are so deep and so spread out, that the entire system has to come down, and be built to match todays world.

We are running on a 1920's model, yet look how far we've come!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by smarteye
It seems that the last legs have been kicked out from under the economy. We may be days away from a total collapse ....

Yippy, I await it with great anticipation. This is a correction long over due. Of course, we have all the over extended credit consumption monkeys to blame for this mess. Gawd bless their irresponsible greedy thieving souls. HAR, bailout, what utter stupidity. Greedy idiots run the world. By the end of the week, with any luck, lead may be more valuable than all that shinny gold.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Don't worry, we all deserve it.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus

It seems that the last legs have been kicked out from under the economy. We may be days away from a total collapse ....

Yippy, I await it with great anticipation. This is a correction long over due.

I am not in disagreement that a correction is long over due. But who do you suppose will be doing the correcting? The super-powerful who are left standing will, the same bastards who caused and orchestrated it.

Check mate!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
retail is essentially drowning itself...food industry is even crumbling...

people are on the brink and with todays society- anything goes...this nation i dont think will ever fall completely because im sure the government understands the reprecussions...

this is all being orchestrated clearly as someones probably banking off of all of our losses and misery...

i give it 4 months of up and down stocks then we'll see come summer time what will become of america- after obama spends a great deal of money and has some play time...

we'll see...

[edit on 1/19/2009 by AceOfAces]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Someone's going to come onto this thread and call us all pestimists.

Before they do, I would like to point out that we are realistic.

The economy is going to hell and we can all see it coming. Lift the blindfolds

Invest in gold, specifically if you're American because even if you pull your money out of the banks because it isn't protected, that cash, you will find, will be worth less and less with each passing day.

I'm not saying it will be as bad as Zimbabwe where $5billion can buy you 3 newspapers but the only reason it won't get that bad is because the whole world will be in turmoil and won't let it get that bad

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

That is my thought exactly. Next week after we see a little Obamic rally, I'm going to short the Dow, DXD, and I'm going to short the financials, SKF.

I see a bumpy ride over the next several years, but within the next 4-12 weeks we will see economic turmoil, and devastation never before seen by modern man.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436
reply to post by Agit8dChop

That is my thought exactly. Next week after we see a little Obamic rally, I'm going to short the Dow, DXD, and I'm going to short the financials, SKF.

I see a bumpy ride over the next several years, but within the next 4-12 weeks we will see economic turmoil, and devastation never before seen by modern man.

We should probably throw a huge party to Inagaurate the beginning of the End for America at this time

See you all there
Come prepared though the crowd may not be as delusional or happy as they will be tomorrow

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfAces
i give it 4 months of up and down stocks then we'll see come summer time what will become of america- after obama spends a great deal of money and has some play time...

we'll see...

Do you see any logical way we can rebound and still use our current monetary system? I can't. What money is it Obama will spend? China's? We come out the other side at best, completely owned.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Man, I hope we make it out ok here in Australia, i just quit my job cause im sick of it and felt like going on a month long holiday!

Hasn't been too bad over here, especially if you shop at the right places, I stay in a very expensive neighborhood, and when i first came to OZ 5 months ago I thought $10 for a bottle of wine was cheap...

Then i discovered the "normal" shops where i can get a bottle for $2 or $3

Makes the money last alot longer

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Do you see any logical way we can rebound and still use our current monetary system? I can't. What money is it Obama will spend? China's? We come out the other side at best, completely owned.

You must realize that Americans are already owned. And guess what? When America's economy goes [in the dumpster] , China's going to be pissed to find out that they have given out HUGE bad loans to them. This whole situation is writing itself.

Replaced censor circumvention

[edit on 19/1/09 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

China won't be pssed, they will just take what is owed to them...land, buildings, factories, corporations, u name it.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal

You must realize that Americans are already owned. And guess what? When America's economy goes [in the dumpster] , China's going to be pissed

China won't be pissed, they are in on this game. They will win the war andnever fire a shot.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Gears Of War

How much land will cover 2 1/2 trillion$$

The Ice Box (Alaska) cost $100 million back in the day (in today's money). Obviosuly the value of land has gone up DRAMATICALLY but still, 2 1/2 trillion dollars worth of debt is a lot!! Will China get another Alaska (something equivalent)? And remember land values will also go down dramatically soon. If China chooses to get paid in land, they will get something substantial (not to say they're going to start a New China colony or something of that nature on North America which is another scary thought
).

And thx to the MOD for changing the words in my previous post (didn't realize I couldn't say that even with a ! in the middle
)

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Portugoal]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal
Invest in gold, specifically if you're American because ...

I don't know about that. How does that stuff taste? Do you have to rehydrate or cook it before you eat it?

Unless you have a lot of excess cash to protect, I would highly advise stocking up on the necessities of life that everyone else will be waiting in lines for.

When the dollar craps out, there won't be any more imports. Rationing will soon follow. No more China-Mart goods, no more oil, no more bananas for the monkeys, ha.

Make a list of all the commodities that one needs to survive and stock up on those things. Stock up on friends that have prepared too. Gold won't do you much good when the things you need aren't available at any price except on the black market. If you stock up on the things needed to survive, you can still end up with all the gold, if you know what I mean.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
California is broke. They will give them California

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by amatrine

Giving them California isn't a bad idea really. Kind of old school. Plus Cali could fall in the ocean one day anyway.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join