It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

would ww3 be a good thing for human race!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Depends on your definition WWIII.

When people reference WWIII, they're usually talking about total chaos and nuclear destruction. No survivors.
I don't think anyone will appreciate it in that case.

If you're talking about another madman trying to control the planet, then it might give people boost in terms of seeing things how it is.
Another factor in that is who would win the war.
Say Russia wins the war and Russia is controlling America, then it would help the Americans see how bad things really are. Then Russia would be a lot like the current U.S.A, almost completely blind.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
You need to realize, that America will not allow itself to be overrun. We will go to a nuclear holocaust before America allows itself to be taken over. Plus, another addition to this is that once one country decides to partake in nuclear warfare it will be a no holds bar to the end of the world as we know it. There will be no good come from WW3, none at all. Russia is in the process of trying to assert itself back into the mix of things as a world power, they are already protesting our placement of missles in countries near them. We are doing this as a precaution in case Russia decides to launch a missle strike, at least that is what the populas of the world knows. To me this seems like a pre-war tactic to make sure we have the ultimate capability to attack Russia close range which will minimize the chance of Russia launching their nukes against us. A few well placed missles into the majority of Russia's nuclear missle silos and their ability to effectively be a world power and threaten us will be minimal.

If you look at the current trend in the world, everyone is outlaying America as the bad guy who is gobling up territory. I believe that if WW3 were to break out it would be pretty certain to say that we could and most likely would be the ones that would be the brunt of the worlds attacks. We will most likely find ourselves looking down the barrel of a severaly stacked gun with hardly anyone on our side. All I know is this, Obama has alot of work to do when he takes office to cool down the trouble that Bush has caused. I personally loved President Bush, but its time to chill out the world and make us less of a blip on everyones radar at least for the time being. We should focus on the internal problems in our own country for the time being and let everyone else deal with their problems. This will hopefully keep the threat of WW3 from happening anytime within the next few years. If you believe in the 2012 apocolypse, then you may get it with the way things are going. Obama has alot of work to do, hopefully he can accomplish it before the doomsday date in 2012.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
If WWIII or the infamous 2012 prophecy is destined to happen, then there is no preventing it. Maybe it's our fate as the whole of the human race to endure such a devasting challenge.

Don't fight it. Just prepare for it and try to survive it. It's the only true way to weed out the corrupt and evil.

Look after one another and we can get through this.

The night is darkest just before the dawn.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
What some of you are describing (humans coming together, who knows what we could achieve) sounds like the nwo that some of you are bitching about in other threads.

Crazy bastards.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Well as my last post on this thread. A few words or advice.

- If you begin to prepare now for the eventual nuclear holocaust, you may have a slight chance to survive
- The only way to escape the nuclear fallout and radiation is to be underground within a sealed bunker and having radiation filtration set into place for your ventalation shafts.
- Plan accordingly, have all necessary gear and equipment to be able to monitor radio transmissions so that you know just how bad the destruction was.
- Lots of food and water will be needed, so preparing now is the best defense for your future.

I want to wish all good luck with our next world war, and I hope to see you when it is all over with as I have already started taking steps to survive this inevitable event.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
its not really the radiation poisoning that kills you its is the fallout that will get you if say a devive was detonated depending also if it was a airburst explosion or a ground impact the air becomes covered in fine radioative dust which you breath in which will cling to your lungs and kill fairly rapidly if you have the chance check out several nuclear fallout drills available online if say you survived the blast zone and had a basement in your house after roughly two weeks you would be reletavly safe to go back outside as long as you dont take your contaminated clothes into ya property you would minimise risk of contamination so buy a house with a basement and have a good action plan in place and will see you on the other side

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I see that my initial thoughts about nuclear fallout and radiation poisoning was inconsistent so I wish to contract those. Nuclear radiation is almost completely non-existent within 3-5 weeks. Therefore, it would be safe to come out of your shelters. However, you have to think about the contamination of the plant life and animals that didnt have to ability to hide like you did. These animals and plants will not be suitable for consumption, therefore you would need your own stash of food for some time till you can grow new plant life for food.

I have learned that the true enemy after a nuclear war would be the nuclear winter that would ensue. Compared to climate change for the past millenium, even the 5 Tg case (a war between India and Pakistan) would plunge the planet into temperatures colder than the Little Ice Age (approximately 1600-1850). This would be essentially instantly, and agriculture would be severely threatened. Larger amounts of smoke would produce larger climate changes, and for the 150 Tg case (a war between the super powers) produce a true nuclear winter, making agriculture impossible for years. In both cases, new climate model simulations show that the effects would last for more than a decade.

This forcasts a very very gloomy future for us if nuclear war does break out and makes me realize that my plans for surviving WW3 are extremely thin compared to what I am going to have to prepare for. Years of extreme cold, extreme food and water shortage. Wow, WW3 better not end as predicted or I am going to be mad.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Depends on how drastic WW3 would be. I only see people getting together for the good if something VERY drastic happened, something that affects us ALL.
Maybe if a huge asteroid hit EARTH!

[edit on 20-1-2009 by ecain]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
When ww3 starts the nukes will fly and the earth will go into a nuclear winter killing all or most humans.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
as in my previous posts there is always a alternative to annialation read all the posts and you might think otherwise the human race will go on regardless of nuclear war one way or another

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Well, Id say no.

If world war 3 were to break out, with the technology we have now, it could very well spell the end of the human race altogether.

It could very well be a scenario of they launch nukes at us so we launch enough back to destroy their country, they other retaliate and launch some and before you know it, there is nothing left to nuke.

World war three would not be good.

I leave you with a quote from Albert Einstein.

"I can not tell you what world war three would be like, but I can tell you what world war four would be like.... We would be fighting with sticks and stones."

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I really can't agree with you there but I like your open mindedness.

I honestly doubt it would ever happen anyways. Too much money to be lost by the rich. Ya ya I know they profit from war but ww3 in this day and age would leave little room for them to hide.

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
about as good as a swift kick to the head is to an infant.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
If your whole city got hit by a chemical that would give you internal bleeding leading to a permanent paralysis; would that force you to do better or would you want revenge?

If half your nation got nuked, would you want to blow the opposition of the face of the earth or say "Ok - thats fair".

History is prone to repeat itself.

A real kick in the backside would be a preacher of world peace...in a way that is actually plausible.

Would we have the current technology of nuclear power without war? Or would it be three decades behind? Could we say that with much of our technology?

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
history might be prone to repeat itself but after ww3 i think we will relise the error of are ways and hopefully move humanity forward and hopefully come together and stand together and make war a think of the past

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The only thing I could foresee happening after the end of WW3 would be a drastic shift of the global power alignment eastwards. I think the only thing another world war would do is essentially end the US and the Wests domination of the world in favor of emerging powers such as China, India, Russia, Japan and possibly Brazil and Iran. History tends to repeat itself, and if another war of alliances breaks out it will be along east-west lines, and I foresee the decadent west losing hands down. The pendulum does tend to swing backwards after it goes forwards. Not that the east is backwards, their probably more 'moral' then the west could ever hope to be.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join