It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

would ww3 be a good thing for human race!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
i have often wondered whether ww3 would be good for the human race dont get me wrong i know it would be bad for most of us but in the long run it might give us the kick up the backside that we all need to move us past our petty differences and instead of being greedy and self obssesed with our own countries and races we might move forward to better mankind for the good of mankind any decent feedback would be appreciated

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Isnt it unusual that it takes some kind of disaster, natural or otherwise, to get mankind to wake up and smell the rotteness within us?

You might be right, but I think that mankind today is smart enough to realize that we are all to close to the edge of the bottomless pit, and that hopefully, we turn around before we take that plunge.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
i hope we are smart enough too dont get me wrong i dont want to turn into a fireball i just wish we could move forward as a race together imagine what we could acomplish if we pulled all our resources together and worked together we can acomplish anything if we put our mind to it

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
No doubt! It seems so simple, yet it is so difficult..to overcome that one little bump in the road, yet that simple solution is so buried by pittiful issues that mankind should have shead long, long ago.

Dispite all our advances in technology, mankind has not advanced that much at all in its social department. At times I sit here and just wonder why is it so difficult for mankind to get over that little bump in the road when its so easy to overcome other matters. Mankind tends to be quite selective in what area of our humanity will progress.

Yet our very core of our humanity seems to remain in the primative past.

Faith my friend, faith is about all we have left. Lets hope we never have to find out what happens after a WWIII, and that we see the change in course very soon.

Cheers!!!!

[edit on 19-1-2009 by RFBurns]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
WW3 would be horrible for the whole world, I for one don't want to see it happen.

However the NWO is saying it's our way or the highway so I expect WW3 to roll around as a collective punishment of billions by a select few for being so troublesome (You won't let us be Gods... So you must die).

If that footage of the UFO disabling an American missile as it entered orbit is true, then perhaps the NWO will have trouble with creating such a heavy death toll (Human extermination is said to not be in our destiny), but UFOs cannot disable a ground to ground nuke so I expect millions to die anyway from starvation, disease, financial collapse, bullets, and bombs, which is just as efficient as an all-out nuclear holocaust.

WW3 will be bad for those without guns, and good for those with guns!

'One man with a gun can control 100 people' -Lenin

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Why do i hear a distant echo from early 20th century? "War to end all wars" reaches me faintly. I wonder how many people thought then that it will be a good thing.
However with new destructive technologies developed since WW1 and WW2 i think that there is a good chance that after WW3 humanity will finally rest. In peace.
Don't see it as a positive thing.Sorry. Roaches will gain a lot, thats for sure.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
i hope ya have a good escape plan if it does come mate i will be heading to my local council office i know they have a nuclear shelter there my missis used to be a cleaner there seen the entrance and her dad used to work there so i will be there for sure lol

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I think it would be a great thing.
The way our society has become is absolutely insane for me right now.
We are complacent and apathetic to others hardships.
We have out of control egos that create the demand for the insanity.
I say yes..in fact it might be a great learning experience for those that live.
I never believed the john titor thing but did find comfort in the story in that aftr the supposed war the world rose up against wars and future wars.
That actually made sense to me in that I wish we just get it over with to move on.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
i agree exactly thats mostly the problem we think we are the smartest race and are all mighty when really we are just a splash in a very big pond gone are the times when we would stop and help someone in the street who had been attacked because of fear of being knifed or shot we walk around them instead of offer assistance if we are to move on spiritually we need to overcome these obstacles together and not spend our time settling petty differences and killing each other is needless wars no wonder aliens havent publicy revealed themselves to us if we cant get on with our own race what chance do we stand of getting on with a alien race

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by maxpayne00

If I was an alien with superior intelligence then the first thing I would do is hide from us.
For them it must be like watching a big pack of lions trying to eat the snake that is eating the rabbit.
It wouldn't be hard to see us throw them in the mix as well.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
i think i would just fly on by and maybe come back in a 100 yrs or so hopefully we would have evolved enough by then to actually have the maturity to have contact with another race lol

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

To continue with your paralel - if there was lion ww3 and only few survived to start new lion civilisation , how in the world it will be any different? The good and bad in human society is due to humans. So after all that learning experience plus mountains of rotting people/animal/trees/plants/insects/...., contaminated planet and few resources available will still create society with same good and bad sides. But they will live in worse conditions.
By the way - i am yet to see any other intelligent civilisation that is better then ours. I suppose that neither did you. So since everything is in comparison, compared to other nature complex social creatures we have more good sides.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
i agree with some of what you said but you would have to be pretty naive to ignore all the ufo sightings that have been reported the accelerated technological advances since the 50's and not wonder how we made a giant leap from then current technology to what we see today and would hope and prey that what was left of our planet would give us the reminder for it to never happen again and move forward as a race intellectually and spiritually

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Considering the wretched, rancid human condition, I'd say that the human race needs a good enema once in a while.

Nothing like a good purging to get back to the basics.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I personally would love to see WW3. Not because of the hope of bringing the world together but simply because I love war and conflict. You see, it is because of people like me that wars are still going. There will always be something on the planet that someone else wants, so guess what, there will always be wars. That simple fact is what keeps me in a job, as I am currently deployed to Iraq in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Dont get me wrong, I dont love how war destroys people and lives, but I enjoy the tactical and physical demands of war. WW3 is inevitable, just so all you skeptics and hopefuls know. Whether the strings are being pulled by the NWO or not, there will be a third world war, and this will most definitely be the war to end all wars. The nuclear fallout alone will destroy just about every living being on the planet, that is if there is a nuclear holocaust as predicted. There will be no where on the planet that will be safe simply because of the fallout from the explosions. My word of advice is this, make sure that you are somewhere that will receive a direct blast from a nuke that way you are "vaporized" instantly and painlessly. Otherwise, try to hide and die an excruciating death from radiation poisoning, starvation, dehydration and extreme seclusion. The choice is yours, but I would opt for the easy way out.

Sorry to put a damper on your hopes that WW3 will not occur and that if it does there will be enough survivors to repopulate our Earth, but there wont and if there are survivors they will be so far and few they will probably think they are the last person left on the planet just as you will.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
i have friends in afganistan at the moment and i understand the situation and what we are trying to acomplish out there and have nothing but praise for our troops but too think humanity would not carry on and we would not re populate being in the military you have some idea of continuation plans in place for such events goverments have places where they can hole up citadels and the so forth scientists and goverment officials and soldiers will continue the human race and we will survive to re populate the earth but hopefully learn from our mistakes

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I think it's just the public need educating a little more. We would all easily have the power, to overthrow our crappy governments, and band together as one, and work together in peace, if we didn't have all the retarded politicians screwing things up for us.

But, since they hide it so well.. how do you tell them?

War wouldn't be the answer. The "important" people would still survive, and continue to rule, except they'd have a much smaller population to control, if any at all.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I hate to say it but you have too much hope and admiration for the human race. Yes we have plans set in place, I have no idea what these are but who exactly do you think they are going to be dealing with. For the most part I can almost promise that these people who will be "saved" with these plans will be our highest ranking officials and military members with a select few younger people. Do you think that these old farts are going to be able to help carry on the known world once the fallout has taken its toll and killed just about if not every human that isnt in these officials well protected bunkers. I think not. It is my belief that these officials are living in a best case senario situtation were fallout is minimal and they will come out of their bunkers to still have a thriving amount of populace for them to assert their new government on. They are not bargaining on the worst case senario where the human race is all but wiped out with small pockets of a few survivors here and there.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
history has proven that mankind as we know it will find away to survive and we only truly change our ways when we are on the brink of either losing or destroying something we value i truly beleive that when ww3 comes and believe me it will just look at the staging ground in israel at the moment (funny how its backed off as obama is being sworn in tommorow perfect timing wouldnt you say) they are surrounded by arab states intent on wiping isreal off the face of the earth and who are the slave masters try russia syria and iran trust me when i say this will be the start of ww3 it will start from there and spread but we will learn and change but like i said we will only realise our mistakes when we are on the brink of destroying ourselves

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Yes history has proven this, however, history never had the weapons capable of the mass destruction and killing power that we have today. One tactical nuclear device could wipe out the entire city of New York and the surrounding area, and those that didnt die would die within a few weeks of radiation poision from the fallout. This is just from one device, now imagine that on a much grander scale. I agree with you that we may stop when we realize that we are on the brink of making ourselves extinct, but you have to realize that not all people share the commen sense attitude of may of the more educated nations. Radical Muslims (terrorists) do not care whether they live or die. They will do whatever they can to destroy all non-believers and if this means killing their people in the process they are fine with it due to their beliefs. Now who is to say these people can not get ahold of a nuclear device, in this day and age they are being sold right under the noses of everyone, and alot of the times its by the very people they will be used to destroy. I do not see a grand ending to WW3 or even a semi-decent end. It will be the wars to end all wars because it will leave our planet with so few survivors that there will be no one left to fight. That is "IF" and thats a big if, almost everyone on the planet doesnt die from the nuclear fallout. Only those in special bunkers and those able to get to specific places that fallout wouldnt spread will survive. I dont forsee this as being a great many people because fallout will spread the world over from all the nuclear explosions that will inevitably take place. Just face it, WW3 will mean the extinction of the human race and a return to the Earth in her natural state. The truth is hard to swallow sometimes, but this is just one we have to suck up and realize is going to happen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join