It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please help, advice on sudden disturbing images and feelings of unease

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Neither chemicals nor diet are going to fix many sleep related issues which are solely physical in nature. There are a few sleep disorders that are treated with medication, but the most common fix for sleep disorders is airway pressure. Some sleep disorders are fixed by altering the type or number of medication that a person is already taking. Some of your “Holistic” cures can actually cause certain sleep disorders.

I and many others have personally used nutritional supplementation for some sleep related issues and it has been proven to be effective. It is part of the overall solution.

Are you afraid to try something that works or are you simply too close-minded to embrace a progressive avenue of therapeutic value?

Didn't you mention something about claiming to have all this experience?

Was the concept of testing a hypothesis explained to you in your obviously limited and parochial education?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarsDownToEarth

Originally posted by defcon5

Originally posted by Drakiir
The particular spirits that the OP is mentioning if looked at it in a logical way could actually cause some of these conditions like sleep disorder and paranoia. From the description that the OP has given it seems just plain ignorant to put the potential problem down to mental issues or disorders.

The symptoms of Hypnogognia are well documented and involve hallucinations of gray or dark figures.

Am I right in thinking that such hallucinations and sleep paralysis can actually be induced in a laboratory setting?

Yes.

But the traditional scientific community at large is clueless (blind-sighted) in truly understanding and explaining the cause. They just make the false assumption, based on prejudice, that the "hallucinations" are caused by the brain and not a result of a neurological weakening that leads to greater telepathic receptivity as well as physical and emotional instability.

The brain does not create "hallucinations." That is where the established paradigm falls to the wayside. Like our self-proclaimed expert on brain functions in here.

They are in a conundrum.

If they proclaim that the brain does not cause hallucinations, then they have to come up with an alternate theory as to why people see those grey or dark figures.

And therein lies the problem of prejudice.

They want all this to boil down to simple brain functions and biology, and to completely avoid anything which smacks of the greater discarnate reality all around us.

Heavens, we can't have people actually believe in spirits now, can we?

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by queenieme

Comrad "queenieme" most of these people on ATS are acting as if you are a borderline nut case because of their instant doctorial prognosis of you having a sleep disorder or not eating correctly.

I, on the other hand think that maybe you "aren't" imagining anything, and only you can prove if you "are" imagining the stuff you are alert to that is happening in your life.

I suggest that you set up a hidden camera, a hidden camera that not even your husband knows about; as a matter of fact, you must not tell anyone about it, for your own piece of mind. Maybe your husband is trying to make you out to be a lunny and he is just helping you along, a hidden camera would sure help you find out if you are going lunny or not, I don't think you are going lunny, or you would not be asking for help.

If the hidden camera doesn't work for you, then I suggest that you contact "Oreyeon" here at ATS and see if he might be able to help you, because he is very knowledgeable and is into filming weird things; I think that you both might be able to help each other in some way. Here is one of his Threads that you should look at, and then U2U him if you think he would be helpful.

Here is his thread:
"New Piece of Paranormal Investigative Equipment. What do you think?"

I don't think you are loony, and I don't think you have a sleeping disorder, and I don't think you have a nutrition problem. I think the only way you can figure out if you are really seeing something, is to install a hidden camera. Who knows, maybe ET is visiting you, and you are an abductee and you just don't realize it yet; whatever is happening I'm sure a good camcorder will let you know what is going on.

Walmart has a Sony camcorder that video tapes up to 37 hours of continuous footage, I have one myself; most cameras run out in an hour or two, but this one goes for up to 37 hours of recording, and if you don't like it you can always take it back and get your money back within 30 days (check the store you go to, it may have a different policy than here). You realize, if you do film something strange, it will not only prove you aren't going crazy, but your video could be quite valuable, especially if it video taped a ghost, or an alien. Good luck to you my dear, and stay safe.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
Freud was instrumental in forming the foundation of modern psychiatry.
And much of his basic framework of ideas is still used today, which is changing for the better.
The physical problems surrounding sleep disorders should be addressed and treated.

I already explained that sleep medicine has nothing to do with Freud or psychiatry. I cannot think of a more clear way to explain this to you then to say....
Sleep medicine has nothing to do with Freud or psychiatry!

The metaphysical problems surrounding discarnate entity abuse should also be addressed and treated.

There is no such thing, it is not observable on test equipment, which other sleep disorders are.

To address only one facet of the problem is to fail to solve it holistically and completely.

Once we fix someone with a sleep disorder they are fixed with no spiritual involvement whatsoever. This spiritual crap is nothing more then snake oil.

Right.
But doing only the above does absolutely nothing in regard to astral abuse.

And yet the patients are fixed without addressing this astral abuse..... Hence the fact that there is no astral abuse.

I would rather warn people not to take drugs unnecessarily than to watch them be influenced by those who would get them on the drug treadmill indirectly, even with the guise that it only entails unblocking air passageways.

First off a cpap is a machine that is used to open airways using room air. You ever take a CPR class, or seen how/why a person is intubated? Same theory... Or are you perhaps suggesting that an unconscious persons airway occludes because Discarnate Entities come and stand on their neck? I guess that if that is the case we should not have to worry about these entities because they are all busy riding around in the back of ambulances.

Most medical doctors do not prescribe devices to unblock air passageways for astral abuse. They, like you, are quite ignorant to the real causes and solutions for same.

Do you really believe this crap you are selling? So the tissue in your airway falling into the airway and occluding it involves ghosts? The only ghost involved in the situation is gravity and tissue blockage.

You have some stats but you are drawing some wrong conclusions because your focus is one of prejudice.

This is what I have done as my profession for the last 10 years, but you are the expert on sleep I guess. Actually I can see a persons brainwave activity and can read an EEG, so I can tell exactly what stage of sleep that a person is in at any time. You certainly don't go into REM sleep because of some ghost, its set by the circadian rhythm of the body. I bet you did not know that everyone goes into REM at roughly the same time of night, in correspondence with the time that the sun normally sets in their areas. That is why people get Jet lag when they cross time zones, and its also why people can be placed in deprivation chambers and their REM stages change. There must be A LOT of those entities out there to make everyone go into REM at 12, 3, and 5 AM. Plus you have the rest of them that are still out there running around collapsing the airways on anyone who is unconscious at the same time.

This discarnate entity stuff is a joke...

Funny, Freud had the same problem.

What is that, sleep Apnea? Yeah he might have had that, its why he came up with so many nutty theories. Lack of proper sleep.

Yes, there is REM sleep, indicating dream activity. But the nature and cause of the dreams you are missing completely. You are looking at the outside of the situation and not understanding the discarnate cause behind it.

The nature of the OP's dreams has nothing to do with the topic. However, if you want to discuss dreams, which by the way is not something that sleep labs deal with unless they are night terrors, then fine. Dreams are mainly your short term memory writing out to the long term memory and growing new Neuron connections in your brain. We can observe this because memory is effected when someone is deprived of REM sleep. Normally your dreams relate back to something that you have seen, experienced, read about, or heard since the last time you have slept.

There is a grain of truth behind your assumption.
Sleep deprivation weakens the body neurologically, making it more susceptible to the negative effects of telepathic projections -- what Freudians refer to as hallucinations.

However Hypongognic Hallucinations are from the chemicals that are emitted by the brain as its entering sleep.

Freudian psychology espouses that dreams and hallucinations are caused by the brain. Which is what you are trying to promote here too. However, in truth, they are only the physical components of an astral cause.

Certain hallucinations such as those at sleep onset are caused by the chemical secreted in your brain. Dreams are mostly about memory transfer.

I'm sorry you have had such a limited and obsolete education on metaphysical matters.

Actually I know quite a bit about Religion, Occult, and Mythology. I know all about the various supernatural theories of sleep, and often use them to teach patients how askew peoples perceptions of reality are when they are in various stages of sleep. For example I will often explain about Incubui/Succubui, the gray hag, etc... while explaining sleep paralysis.

Fortunately, there are people like Drakiir and myself in here to help you understand the situation more clearly.

Or to muck up something simple with a lot of new age mumbo jumbo.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Glad to hear you went and got it taken care of.

You did not even need an exorcist, right?

What you have though, based on your post, is Sleep Apnea, not sleep paralysis. Though you can have sleep paralysis as a result of choking and waking from REM sleep due to the Apnea.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I'd like to assure you that LeTan made a very good initial assessment. Beings from other planes of existence can be malevolent or benign. If you are feeling uneasy, then trust your instincts, and bless your house in the name of the Archangel Michael and Jesus. (I use Abraham, Noah, and Moses, just for good measure) And, burn sage in your home while walking around verbally telling these beings that they are not welcome and that they are commanded to return to where they came.

That being said, I'd also like you to understand that there are also psychological and anxiety disorders that can cause hallucinations, and it's not good enough to assume that because there is no history of it in your family, that you're immune to it. There's all sorts of chemicals in the drinking water, and unhealthy foods and lifestyles that can cause the onset of a stress-disorder. SEE A DOCTOR! GET A SECOND OPINION!

Furthermore, when meditating, clear your space of negative energy, by consciously focusing on pushing them away. Ask for guidance and protection from the light of heaven through your spirit guide. (Yes, you have one) (And, no, it's probably not the dark figure) Make sure that you're not welcoming in darkness. And, you should not continue these meditative practices, until this darkness has left. You have to deal with it.

Now, if this being is 'alien' (which, I believe, is just another way of saying that it's from another plane of existence, personally), then you can talk telepathically with this being and tell it that it's not welcome. A firm, "NO!", "NO, I will not let you influence my thoughts, leave now!" is often all it takes for these beings to leave you alone. If that sentiment enrages this being, fear not, it has no real power in its "spirit" form. It is using fear to keep you from making it leave. Just make it leave. Get help with this if you are unsuccessful.

Good luck, and remember to burn SAGE!
-Anonymous Guest

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by StarsDownToEarth

They cannot induce Sleep Paralysis that I am aware of, but they can work with people who have them and observe them when they occur. Sleep paralysis is well understood, and it only takes waking from REM to rapidly and the effects of REM not wearing off immediately. It can actually happen to anyone as some point in their life, or it may never happen to someone. They did find that certain things do dispose someone to have episodes of sleep paralysis, certain medications can cause it for example. People with narcolepsy are more prone to have it occur to them. Now something like REM Behavior disorder, they can cause, and have caused it in cats, by physically operating on the brain. The God Helmet was able to cause a similar experience to sleep paralysis by inducing electromagnetic fields into certain lobes of the brain at specific frequencies.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Paul_Richard

I find it hard to believe that eating any combination of foods is going to magically suspend gravity and cause stretched tissue to exit my throat while I am sleeping. Diet may effect some sleep disorders, but certainly not all of them.

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I feel the need to drastically put your misconceptions in order in that what the OP has experienced and saw is pretty much a textbook example of what impact bad entities can have.

You are not seriously suggesting that just because spiritual proof is not evident on electronic equipment that spirits good and bad do not exist are you? To suggest such a thing is sheer arrogance and very dismissive of the true facts of the total opposite in that spirits do exist.

So I would be right in assuming that since you think spirits are 'mumbo jumbo' as you put it that you dont have a soul because it wont show up on electrical equipment... it has to be you said it yourself its 'mumbo jumbo'

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Drakiir]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I wanted to thank everyone for their insight! This is my first time posting on ATS and am very grateful for your support. I will look up some of these sleeping disorders, but wouldn't a disorder have surfaced earlier in my life if I did indeed have one?

A bit of an update, when I was able to fall asleep again I was startled awake by vivid images of faces. Took a few hours to get back to sleep but the entire 5 hours of sleep was plagued by nightmares and now I am dragging and feel like I have not rested at all.

[edit on 19-1-2009 by queenieme]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Id like to offer reassurance in that Paul Richard's has been a major life changing help towards me and others from attacks by bad entities and they do exactly what your detailing by making things very hard for you. Putting fear into you and flooding your mind with images is their main tactic, but when you learn how to reject them thats when they will fade off.

Abuse from these entities happens allot and what those entites hate the most is firstly you acknowledging they are there and secondly rejecting them. Its the direct opposite of what they want to happen, they want you to be scared and confused so that needs to be counteracted.

Blunty put, bad entities do not care what prescribed chemical medication people are on, it will not hinder their motives one bit. I actually think that being on a chemical drug especially ones that target the brain would hinder the ablity to fight back in the first place.

We both hope all goes well for you and we can assure you that bad entities do fade off through rejection of them. Bad entities cannot endure attacking you without consequence to themselves, basically any attack is temporary as bad entities never go unpunished.

Paul Richards is a great help and I reccomend his advice to anyone, after all what he reccomends is natural and can only help either way so you really have nothing to lose

[edit on 19-1-2009 by Drakiir]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Seeing things (hypnogognia), and having anxiety attacks when you are entering sleep is a sign that you may have a sleep disorder. I recommend talking to a Doctor who is knowledgeable in the field of sleep medicine, and see what he has to say about it

I agree with that possibility,and totaly add my voice to tha idea of you goin to see a Doc

in the other hand, i TOTALY disagree with Paul_Richard

Paul Richard, why advising her into spiritual rituals and obscures medicines and claiming you know the how to help her ?

I dont think she is invaded by a malevolent spirit or anythings, and i think she could need to see a Doc

Anyways here is your Ticket to stone me to death , please follow the line

Paul richard, before using your caveman and voodoo jewelery, make sure that person saw a doc before stating that person is invaded by evil presence

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Drakiir

Believe me I am a Christian, and I believe that there are “fallen Angels”, however when they do something it is normally quite obvious. At the same time there is physiology of the brain, which can cause hallucinations, many related to sleep, which have nothing whatsoever to do with “Evil Entities”.

Let me explain this from my perspective. Almost on a nightly basis, I see patients who tell me nearly the exact same symptoms, yet they engineer some reason for them through self diagnosis and feel their case is unique. The problem is that when you are either asleep, or even when you are entering a light stage of sleepiness (such as stage one sleep, during which the person often still feels they are awake), their perceptions of reality are askew of what is really occurring. The reason for this, is simply that the chemicals of the brain involved with sleep start kicking in. I cannot tell you the number of times where I hear “yeah but its different for me”, and yet I tend to always be correct. Not that I am smarter then them, but rather because I have more experience, am looking at actual telemetry, and am awake at the time. Normally in the morning, after I have fixed the problem, and show them what actually happened, they agree with me and understand what I was telling them. You really have to sit in the seat of a sleep technician to see this stuff first hand.

Sleep physicians hand out Pre/Post test questioners for this exact reason, so they can show the patient that a lot of this stuff is simply in their perception of events when confronted with actual data. If you take the time to look through ATS's paranormal section you will find that almost all the paranormal posts start out like this “I was laying in bed and...”, “I woke up and...”, “I was meditating and...”, the reason being those are all times when the brain is entering a state of stage one sleep, and hallucinatory chemicals are being excreted by the brain causing Hipnogognic hallucinations.

Make sense?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Not necessarily. Something like Sleep Apnea tends to become a more obvious problem with age, though there are children who do have it. As you grow older, you lose more muscle tone, and tend to add a few pounds, the tissue over time tends to stretch, and you eventually end up with a prefect storm of issues that cause airway blockage. Sleep Paralysis can happen at anytime, it might only ever happen once, it might never happen to you, or it might be a weekly thing. Other things which might effect your brain, can manifest at certain times in life, much of that depends on health and environment (which can include diet, and medications you are taking, as Paul says). For example: Age, blood pressure, exposure to chemicals, addictions, blood sugar, disease, diet, and medications. Age, weight, loss of muscle tone, trauma (like a broken nose), increased weight are some things that can effect your airway.

The only way to tell for sure what is going on is to have a Doctor send you for a sleep study where they monitor all your basic functions, and can narrow it down to what is being effected. If that comes up with nothing, then I would pursue the paranormal aspects of it, but first eliminate the obvious physical ones. Occams Razor...

"Of two equivalent theories or explanations, all other things being equal, the simpler one is to be preferred."

[edit on 1/20/2009 by defcon5]

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Well i think it is a hallucination down to sleep deprevation/ bad sleep patterns if you dont get enough sleep then you will not be as active and also be more open to being manipulated etc, maybe you should try taking some sleeping pils or maybe doing a lot of exercise one day to tire yourself out and get a good nights sleep see how you feel after a few days of that if you still feel it then well i dont have any sensible suggestions.

Of course you could reasure your self that it is fake by either getting some C4 and a spas12 maybe and when you feel it wake up and either shoot where you think it is or blow up the c4 that way you know theres nothing there or you end up shooting a loved one and/or blowing up your house

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

im with u on this one matey. my sister in law suffers from sleep apnea there was never a beasty strangling her , just woke in a panic cos she'd stopped breathing . if in doubt i always listen to chopper
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

I have done a bit of remote sensing on you and I feel that you are very tense, stressed out but that there is no paranormal activity around you. I think all that self hypnosis and meditation has made you less stable instead of more (meditation can totally backfire in some people). I sense that it has unlocked experiences from the past that flood in you in too high a speed. My suggestion: stop meditation/self hypnosis for now, return to a more mundane day to day life with a lot of outdoor activities. Once you are feeling ok, no anxiety and spooky things you should rethink what you want to achieve and how.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by QueenofWeird]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I would follow Paul Richards Advice. I had many problems like you, but i listened to Pauls advice, and it worked.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Hi queenieme,

A very similar experience happened to my family a few months ago (you can read about it here) ...

Theres a grey man in the house

My son (2 and a half at the time) saw the "grey man" many times, but my wife and I never saw it. I wonder if it looks like the dark figure you have seen?

The closest I got to the grey man, was one night when I was walking down our hallway with my son. He looked at me with a very scared look on his face, said we had to hurry up because the grey man was behind us.

I also experienced the bombardment of evil images/thoughts. I could probably describe it like seeing/feeling war too. For me it was very fast paced, perhaps like many clips from war/horror movies being beamed into your head all at once. I don’t remember any sound though, just images (or thoughts?). There were some other awful aspects to the image/thought beaming but I’m not really keen to discuss it here.

I managed to get rid of the bombardment by screaming / demanding that IT get out of my head. Over and over again I just demanded that it go away, it’s not welcome, I do not want it etc etc (yelling in my head of course, not out loud). This certainly worked for me that night.

From time to time, usually late at night when I cant sleep, I get an unusual and scary feeling. Like something nasty is close by and wants to mess with me again. It might just be my mind playing tricks on me, but i still I use the same "technique" to get rid of it. It works every time.

BTW we also moved out of that house. I'm happy to say that my son hasn't seen the grey man since.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Let me ask some questions first..

1. Do you have a history of anxiety attacks?
2. Were you maybe having bad dreams the past few nights?

So, i had just about the same experience as you. Especially when i was younger.

I would walk through the living room and feel like someone was instantly behind me breathing on my back, and not until i got in my room did i feel safe.

What you need to believe is that whatever evil spirit/man it is... just know he CANNOT hurt you. Don't feel fear for it, don't let it scare you, and try to ignore it or calm your nerves when you feel anxious or scared. Spirits can feed on emotions.

I found doing this made the feeling go down, or even sometimes go away. I don't know how religious you are, but try praying once in a while.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join