It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At what time will it actually happen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I was wondering something the other day.

At what time is the "total event" going to happen 2012. I mean, we "know" the date and everything, but do we know what time it will be? Because, it's kinda hard to say that it's gonna happen the 21. of 2012, because of timezones around the world. It might still be 20. of 2012 in Denmark while it's 21. of 2012 in US.

So what timezone is used?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
About 8:30, I think.

Or maybe 9-ish, hard to say really.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
The last I heard we....errr....I mean the New World Order henchmen will be meeting at 3rd and Park place....errr....I mean an undisclosed location at 12:12 PM on 12-21-2012.

Hope that helps.

Dorian Soran

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Oh, I forgot to add....

Thats 12:12 PM Eastern / 11:12 Central.

Dorian Soran

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
depending where you live half the world will end before the other half but im guessing just before lunchtime...or maybe dinner but certainly before i chew both my testicles off whilst reading another pointless thread about the greatest non event of all time

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Nothing is happening. Quit worrying.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I love how these fools that actually believe something is gonna happen believe so hardcore...lol. The time is like everything man....12:00 am/pm....exactly like they believed 2000 was the end of times. I am curious as to the next date....and what excuses will follow.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Neilc1972

It won't happen. Nothing is supposed to happen. ... Unless it does.... in which case.... disregard the first part of this.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
well if it does all kick off at least no one will be around to say "i told you so"

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Please get a life. Nothing is going to happen on 12.21.12. Stop seeing things that aren't there. Take a few valiums if you need to calm down. All of this 2012 stuff is getting out of hand.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
no wait....it will be....HAMMER TIME (sorry one liner)

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Volatile
I was wondering something the other day.

At what time is the "total event" going to happen 2012. I mean, we "know" the date and everything, but do we know what time it will be? Because, it's kinda hard to say that it's gonna happen the 21. of 2012, because of timezones around the world. It might still be 20. of 2012 in Denmark while it's 21. of 2012 in US.

So what timezone is used?

You didn't get the memo?!

The total event was supposed to be at 3:00,
but was move ahead to 6:00 due to poor
planning, insufficient parking and managerial
problems.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by riggs2099
I love how these fools that actually believe something is gonna happen believe so hardcore...lol. The time is like everything man....12:00 am/pm....exactly like they believed 2000 was the end of times. I am curious as to the next date....and what excuses will follow.

I think the previous posters in this thread were being humerous. Is there actually, really anyone left who REALLY believes in 2012 anymore?

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
The countdown ends the moment we reach the winter solstice during December of 2012. The solstice that year happens to take place at exactly 11:11am UTC time on Dec. 21.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Ehh, one could always check out Bible Codes, and see the stuff happening... or even watch History Channel. Or hell, even look back in history and see what happens when economic super-powers collapse; at least there's sound reasoning with that last one.

Will 2012 happen? Who knows. Is it the end of all? No... but if famines continue to rise, if economies continue to fall... when war breaks out among the poorer nations over wood, I bet to them, it is the end.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Hmmm. I heard once(if I recall correctly) that according the the conspiracy, whatever is going to happen on December 21 2012, takes place at 11:11 am UT....

I have heard before, although I cannot vouch for the athenticity or legitimacy of this clain, that the winter soltice does happen to fall on 11:11 am 12,21,2012...

But take that infor with a grain of salt, becaus to be honest I have yet to see that claim from a non biased and legit source....

Here is a websiteof websites that discuss this (although the validity of the site does look a bit questionable to me)

www.pagenews.info...

here now is a website that seems to have some connection to cornell university. It attempts to debunk the conspiracy but it talks about the infor you are looking for so it may be helpful to you.

curious.astro.cornell.edu...

As far as what I believe, I tend to believe that something will happen. I dont know what, but I dont think it will be the end of the world. I will bet that if anything, even remotley big happens on that date, whether by coincidence or not, the die hard believers will claim thats what was supposed to happen all along.

But I digress. Hopefully this helps!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Hmmm. I heard once(if I recall correctly) that according the the conspiracy, whatever is going to happen on December 21 2012, takes place at 11:11 am UT....

I have heard before, although I cannot vouch for the athenticity or legitimacy of this clain, that the winter soltice does happen to fall on 11:11 am 12,21,2012...

But take that infor with a grain of salt, becaus to be honest I have yet to see that claim from a non biased and legit source....

The 'Solstice' Wiki page confirms your claim:

en.wikipedia.org...

It's pretty legit.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Typically, it'll be right after I've stepped into the shower.

That's always when the phone rings, someone knocks at the door, breaking news announcement on the TV, that desperately urgent email I've been waiting for all morning arrives with a vocal yell...

Actually, I don't think something like this would happen at a specific time.

I've followed the theories of Graham Hancock and the ideas about the large planet arriving knocking us off our axis.
And I don't believe it will be sudden.
I think it's more likely that the gravitational force of this planet coming into alignment will gradually increase the extreme weather, volcanic eruptions, earthquakes and so on up until a certain point where the Earth's mantle cannot take the force and suddenly shifts, as the planet moves into another axis while the large planet x moves past the alignment.

I don't believe it all, I don't think we know half of what we think we know, so how can we even begin to guess what the effects will be after future events?

One thing I am sure of, there is evidence for another massive planet in our system, one that we haven't seen. And if it does exist as many believe it does, it will certainly cause changes on Earth.

Whether that time will be 2012, and if it'll be enough to cause a global catastrophe is another matter.
Either way, we'll begin to feel it long before it arrives, and perhaps we already are?

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

The 'Solstice' Wiki page confirms your claim:

en.wikipedia.org...

It's pretty legit.

Oh very good. I appreciate that. That is probably the most legit site that I have seen that talks about it, but to be honest wikipedia is open to editing from anybody and can be made to say just about anything.

I will admit though that I dont know just how often the intentionally misleading info is caught though so my point may very well be moot.

None the less, I appreciate your link. It is, like I said, the most legit site I have seen that goes along with what I was thinking.

Star for you!

join