It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarkozy Threatens Iran Over Nuclear Program

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Sarkozy Threatens Iran Over Nuclear Program

www.presstv.ir

French President Nicolas Sarkozy warns Iran against dragging its controversial nuclear program into a "serious confrontation" with the West.

In an annual foreign policy address Friday, President Sarkozy claimed that "everyone knows (Iran's nuclear program) has no civilian end purposes."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
News to world, no news to ATS, at least for me...

WHAT DID I SAY? 11.1. I posted thread...

Iranian Nuclear Program Is For Military Purpose; French Information Mission

www.belowtopsecret.com...

... And really dont ask me, why this thread is moved to BTS, belowtopsecret! I just gave top secret information here from what is soon coming more to this mess, and like you see, today Iran nuclear program is "the news" in MSM, and it came from France - "From reliable peace maker"

First France is playing double faced "great peace maker" in Middle East, just for media purposes - and all the way they have this "official report" in their pocket, just waiting to show to the world... France is highly involved in this "campaign Cast Lead", which is moving to its real next phase, "campaign Joint Lead" ... Christian states Against whole Arab countries - For Israel.

France has no meaning to have any real results in truce negotiations. Real truce negotiator is Javier Solana, but he has been far away from MSM media. He came reportedly 5.1. 2009 to Middle East as status given "truce main negotiator", after that there has been total, almost 100% media blackout from real negotiations and Solanas efforts, with who he talks and where!

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 16-1-2009 by JanusFIN]

[edit on 16-1-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I just read this myself, pretty strong words from the French,

One thing i had to read twice was

'' Paris along with Beijing, Berlin, London, Moscow and Washington demand Iran suspend its enrichment program ''

Urr, if the west really believes Beijing and Moscow will jump on board for a strike against Iran, I think they are in for a shock!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Yeah... That is only media hype for giving wrong picture to European and US population. I think we hear soon Putin and Chinas official statement where they will deny such stance. But message is already out, damage is done.

Seems like Iran war has planned to start much more earlier than I have thought. Maybe because Gaza operation has failed so badly... I think there has been all the time some timetable for Obamas presidency involved... Maybe. Or thats why France is placed as keyplayer now, like planned...

Huh! what a mess we will have with this.... I have waited SCO statements from Gaza operation like moon to rise, to make my theory to finish, but nothing been given to public... Typical east media game - no game at all.

Russia drives their fleet to Syrian port - thats only real message from eastern coalition this far...

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

In an annual foreign policy address Friday, President Sarkozy claimed that "everyone knows (Iran's nuclear program) has no civilian end purposes

Errrrrr.... apart from that great big nuclear power station that the Russians are building for them.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Did you know it too?

- Ask Hans Blix!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Hmm, three countries which designed and sold them the reactors and millions of dollars in technology knowing what it would be used for are now crying stop? I'm calling "BS."

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I have try to find some China reactions... JUST LOOK WHAT I FOUND!

- In "eyes of USA", China is now even helping Iran to get nuclear weapons?

Iran has acquired sensitive metals: Report

The US has fresh evidence of recent efforts by Iran to evade sanction and acquire metals from China used in high-tech weaponry, including long range nuclear missiles, a media report said on Friday.

arabia.ndtv.com...

Iran trying to buy high-performance metals - paper

WASHINGTON, Jan 16 (Reuters) - U.S. security and law enforcement officials say they have fresh evidence of efforts by Iran to evade sanctions and acquire metals from China used in high-tech weaponry, The Wall Street Journal said on Friday.

www.reuters.com...

- And so what if they do... They are sovereign country after all...

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
There is a difference between nuclear reactors built for producing electricity only, and the current uranium enrichment that Iran is doing. If Iran was clearly and verifiably only seeking nuclear power there would be NO problem. Enriched uranium on the other hand is a serious issue, as there is really only one reason for that, and that is for nuclear bombs.

The french threat seems to indicate that the Israelis have put western nations and key UN members on notice... Perhaps they have said that with or without your help or support one way or the other we (Israel) will eliminate Iran's ability to enrich uranium, even if that means the complete annihilation of Iran.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

I'm sorry but you are displaying a huge amount of ignorance with that post.

All Uranium has to be enriched for either power generation or weapons. What matters though is the level of enrichment, 3-5% for power generation or 95% for weapons grade material. The IAEA has confirmed many times over that Iran is enriching Uranium to the level required for nuclear fuel but is not, and has not the capacity, for enriching to weapons grade. This is something the press just tries to mislead the public about, trying to make Uranium enrichment some heinous crime against Humanity, but not actually pointing out the science behind it.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

I am not making those claims, If you read my post you will see how I was attempting to show how this is being played out at the diplomatic levels, especially where Israel is concerned. It is how they are going to justify inevitable actions against Iran.

The ignorance is not mine, it does not matter what the truth is any longer, the case has been made that Iran's nuclear programs are NOT peaceful, rather they will make the world believe the opposite is true, and the rhetoric coming from Iran is only making it worse.

One other thing to consider, France and other nuclear powers including Russia offered Iran nuclear fuel for their reactor's 'peaceful' production of electricity with some regulations and monitoring, so, in defense of that argument, there would have been no need for Iran to enrich uranium.

Not my ignorance, nor my case for war... it is the case that will be made to the world when that war happens.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
In this sad moment, when things are going from bad to worst - and many of us will finally carry our duty under Zionist overlords... We should take a look what is in front of us. Not to make fear amongst "Christian side", but to face the facts... To shape our self not to underestimate our future enemies.

It will not be a parademarch to Tehran!

Iran is sovereign country and they truly are leaders of Arab world. I support multipolar world, and so does Iran, Russia and China, where different cultures are strong and educative for fellow cultures. Russia is not going to take side of Zionists, nor either will China... One World Government is not their dream.

Are they willing to accept that dream - forced to? I think that is something what is highly debated in conspiracies in Middle East, and China, and Russia. I think they know what we all can see in this youtube - why should they loose their sovereign possibility to rule their own ancient cultures?

I think Zionism and New World Order is getting against them Union OF Sovereign Countries - UNs time is soon over.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Some additional food for thought...

If Iran's true intent was the peaceful production of electricity only, then they could have taken offers made from western nuclear powers when they were made.

Offers like that which has been made to one other Arab nation...

U.S.-United Arab Emirates sign nuclear deal

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The United States signed an agreement Thursday on civil nuclear cooperation with the United Arab Emirates -- the first such pact with a Middle Eastern country.

Calling the agreement "a powerful and timely model for the world and the region," Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice signed the deal, along with UAE Foreign Minister Abdullah bin Zayed.

"We applaud the UAE's commission -- commitment to the highest standards of safety, security and nonproliferation in its pursuit of nuclear power," Rice said.

Congress has to ratify the agreement before it can take effect, and congressional critics fear it could spark an arms race and proliferation in the region. The UAE's ties to Iran also have caused concern.

Under the "1-2-3 deal," similar to one the United States signed last year with India, Washington would share nuclear technology, expertise and fuel. In exchange, the UAE commits to abide by the Nuclear Non-proliferation Treaty and the International Atomic Energy Agency safeguards.

The small oil-rich Gulf nation promises not to enrich uranium or to reprocess spent nuclear fuel to extract plutonium, which can be used to make nuclear bombs.

The deal is part of a major UAE investment in nuclear energy. It has already signed deals to build several nuclear power plants.

www.cnn.com...

What has been agreed to by the UAE above is what many nuclear powers and the UN body were asking Iran to agree to.

Without Iran's compliance with the above it is very easy to make the case that they are intent on developing nuclear weapons, therefore war is inevitable.

Are you getting it now?

[edit on 16-1-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
France had their warrior gene die off back during the time of Napoleon and since then they have a pacifist country.

But WOW, maybe they're tired of being namby-pamby and have finally decided to grow a pair.

Welcome aboard!

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
With the situation with Israeli's bombarding Gaza, and with the publicly announced "World wide recognition" of the Israeli's being war monger's committing "Crimes of War" the UN will soon have it's day, they will be ignores, for they are only representatives of the whole. It is coming down to teh Iranians doing something to the order of a "Conglomeration" of the Arab world as a whole, the Iranian President See's this as most do "Ethnic Cleansing" and are willing to dispense the same on the hated Israeli's of the Palestinian people.
Rest assured, "The Sh** is going to hit the fan." if Israel doesn't have some kind of "Epiphany" of teh next stage of their possible realities.
They will loose everything, and if the US steps in, which it will, we will be at war again, it's been none stop for the PTB's of the Israeli's sympathisers and defending an out right "Genocidal Act" of the Israelis.
Time will tell, but ti wont be too much longer too wait, as far as I can tell.
Iranian President stated this morning that the Israeli government has to be dismantled and removed from their current position of the world stage, even if they are allied with the US.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
And yet PressTV also carried this news item:

The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) says there is no evidence that proves Tehran is edging towards developing nuclear weapons.

Departing CIA Director Michael Hayden said Thursday that the Islamic Republic's production of low-enriched uranium does not necessarily substantiate an Iranian objective to build atomic weaponry.

He said that even if the country does gain the capability to create highly enriched uranium, still there is no “clear proof” that Iran will use the material to fuel a nuclear warhead.

Washington accuses Tehran of developing a nuclear military program. Iran, a signatory to the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT), insists its program is poised for the civilian applications of the technology.

This is while UN nuclear watchdog Director General Mohamed ElBaradei disputed Western claims and ruled out suggestions that the Iranian nuclear program should be considered hostile.

"They [Iranians], as I just recently mentioned still don't even have the nuclear material, the low-enriched uranium, to develop one nuclear weapon," he said in an address to the London City Hall.

"But even if they decide to walk out tomorrow from the Non-Proliferation Treaty - and you go into a lot of scenarios - it is not that we are going to see Iran tomorrow having nuclear weapons."

The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), which has extensively monitored Iran's nuclear work since 2003, said in its latest report that it could not find any 'components of a nuclear weapon' or 'related nuclear physics studies' in the country.

source

There's an awful lot of rhetoric flying around - most of it wrong by the looks of things.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Its ridiculous, France with a 65 million population and 59 nuclear power plants won't allow a 70 million country to have even 1?
Iran is by far the most civilized country in the middle east and desperately needs cheap energy sources to develop, especially with the recent developments in the oil price.

They're not stupid, engaging in a nuclear war would mean complete self-destruction, everyone would fall on them. Hell, everyone is already trying to fall on them.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Lot's of rhetoric perhaps but we should do what Reagan suggested once, "trust but verify!"
I think the CIA is playing it safe, the last time they reported "danger" a certain President quickly became very unpopular.
Perhaps by down playing the IraNuke scenario the intent is for us to let our guard down thus making it easier for another attack.

When the pendulum swings, it really swings.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

This is some strange world we live in when France warns anyone about anything. He is probably on the phone to bush now..."Are you going to do something". Let's sit back and let France handle this one.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Dude... Iran is Persia of old... you know, as in the home of the Persians. Persians are a very old and fabled peoples.

They are totally different from Arabs.

They don't have that much in common... Exceptin, the Persians have historical kicked the Arabs around... Well, a lot

So your statement:

'...and they truly are leaders of Arab world. '

Means what exactly?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join