It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Brother's new target: Tracking of all firearms

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Big Brother's new target: Tracking of all firearms

www.worldnetdaily.com

U.S. Rep. Bobby Rush, D-Ill., is hoping to pass a firearm-licensing bill that will significantly rewrite gun-ownership laws in America.

Among the more controversial provisions of the bill are requirements that all handgun owners submit to the federal government a photo, thumb print and mental heath records. Further, the bill would order the attorney general to establish a database of every handgun sale, transfer and owner's address in America.

The bill claims its purpose is "to protect the public against the unreasonable risk of injury and death associated with the unrecorded sale or transfer of firearms to criminals and youth."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
You see, right here is why most of us Conservatives don't trust, like, or want Democrats anywhere near our federal government. These wastes of skin don't even have their big cheif muckittymuck in the Oval office yet and already one of these scumbags is attempting to completely castrate the Second Amendment. They didn't even wait until Obama had his hand on whatever freaking book the guy plans on being sworn in to before essentially fulfilling one of the top predictions/warnings we all gave about an Obama presidency, that being the immediate vilification and legislation of firearms.

"Change has come to Washington" my ass! The only change is somebody spun the damn lazy Susan that sits under Capitol Hill so we're now away from the so-called "enemy" of personal civil liberties party and now back on the enemy of actual Constitutional Rights party.

The bill then argues that interstate firearm trafficking and children dying from gun violence create legitimate cause for the federal government to monitor gun ownership and transfers in new ways.

When I was a young boy, my daddy instilled in me a respect and a value for firearms. He also raised me to understand the truth of this matter, that without the second amendment fully in effect, we the people have no way to protect our other rights from a government which has proven itself repeatedly to not care about the people and the Constitution would be rendered as meaningless as a pile of dog crap on a dying lawn. I have never asked the government to protect my children, nor do I expect them to ever do so. If they're not carefull, the "new way" of transfers where firearms are concerned will end up being a transfer of a bullet from the shell casing to some heads.

www.worldnetdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Well if I had to send them a picture, It would be a close up of my middle finger. This is B.S. why dont they just get it over with and start taking guns now so we can kick start this revolution allready.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
FYI, do a google or a yahoo news search on HR 45 or anything regarding Bobby Rush and firearms and notice the glaring absence of any news on this bill whatsoever. Once again, one of the few reasons I can claim to at least have a little bit of respect for the Republicans is that when they plan on screwing us, they generally unzip in full view and loudly state "Grab your ankles, here we come!" Quite different from these liars, these theives in the night, these charlitans and enemies of freedom on the left that propigate their filth under the cover of secrecy and then announce proudly to the people the next day that the deed has been done.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I doubt this is going to get passed. If it does... it's a bit excessive... even as a liberal... I hope this doesn't get passed. It just is too far reaching.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by tac109

"This is B.S. why dont they just get it over with and start taking guns now so we can kick start this revolution allready. "

It is already started.

Even now American Patriots are engaging Federal Paramilitaries in combat.

You will not ever hear the truth - the battles don't often last long and the bad guys control the media, media blackouts and disinformation accompany and follow these battles.

You are being subjected to the most powerful and infernal mind-control machine ever created and it is in the hands of those who are your enemies.

The television will never tell you it has begun - You won't even hear the word 'Revolution' on TV anymore - there is a reason for this.

Anyone who doubts me, arm yourself and when next you hear gunfire, go to that place. There you will find Citizens engaged in combat against the Federal Paramilitaries... Or you could just stay seated and wait for the TV to tell you that it is all OKAY and that criminals attacked 'police'.

Tell that to Oscar Grant - his death was a result of our complacency.

If only we were the Americans We claim to be...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
if you research in the metal gear solid game series there are alot of parallels between NWO and in metal gear solid 4 there is a system that controls guns through i.d.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I never thought this would go anywhere and last I knew it had no co-sponsors but Rush was on a local IL radio show yesterday saying it was set to pass no problem.

This is one of the things that ticks me off when people try to convince me Obama doesnt want to mess with my guns. He doesnt have to. All he has to do it sign whatever hits his desk. Lord knows there are enough (D)'s and (R)'s in Washington who want to mess with my guns. I guess they already forgot the boot the (D)'s got en masse for their idiotic AWB.

BTW, it still has no co-sponsors. This Rush guy is an idiot. Big shocker he's from IL. thomas.loc.gov...:h.r.00045:

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Well I think it's too little too late. The US obsession with firearms results in thousands of robberies, murders, drive-by killings and on and on. I know you'll flame me for this - I just don't get why you believe you are entitled to carry a lethal weapon and be anonymous about it?

My bias is because I am from the UK. We seldom hear of school children shooting their teachers and fellow pupils (well it never happened actually). Gun crimes are less than 0.01% of that in the States (and that's by balancing out the increased population too)
So in your country of car-jacking, drive-by shootings, gang murders, automatic weapons being wielded by pre-teens you still want to legally buy a gun over a counter with no ID?

I know what some of you will say - it's because of the gun culture we need to protect ourselves! - BS

I'm not anti gun - I was in the military for 13 years and played with lots of them but outside of law enforcement and armed forces there is no place for them. I am proud of the stance the UK has over weapons. The police don't carry them because they don't need to - A British Police Officer being shot is unheard of but is daily news in the US.

Continue with your totally unhealthy firearms obsession - you're on a non-stop roller-coaster now and there is nothing you nor I nor your Government can stop your country turning into a Mad Max state and it's people like you who are accelerating your own demise.

[edit on 15/1/09 by vonspurter]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by vonspurter

"My bias is because I am from the UK."

Bias?

What you have is a Phobia - which seems to fuel your bias.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
No surprise coming from Bobby Rush. I'm sure he'll find a way to work the race card into this proposal. How about simply enforcing the laws that are already on the books.

Furthermore, I am tired of people from the UK chiming in every time an issue like this surfaces. Obsession with firearms my ***. MYOB and work on your knife bans.

In the UK people just stab each other with butter knives and beat people with sticks.

Might I suggest that you return to jousting to settle your differences.

These folks are just jealous. Ever look at the Soft Air gun industry. Places like the UK and other nations with similar laws are why these guns became so popular so fast. I'm sure that they have already been banned in the UK. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Can you even buy a Red Ryder BB gun??

Edit to add:

Plenty of people playing with these in the uk.

www.airsoftmap.co.uk...

and plenty of companies selling these highly detailed replicas. Is this an obsession with plastic BB Guns? Pull one of these on a cop and it will surely get you killed or perhaps severely beaten with a baton.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by jibeho]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
There are more guns than people in the US and no-one considers that a problem?

This is the 21st century folks - time to stop watching the John Wayne movies and killing people for no other reason than because you can.

If a firearm requires a license and registration why is that a bad thing?

Of course there are many responsible gun owners, but there are also many gun owners that are not responsible.

I personally wouldn't want myself or any of my family and friends to die because some redneck gets drunk and wants to show that he has a pair.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

"If a firearm requires a license and registration why is that a bad thing?"

Haha - funny joke.

Haven't you watched Red Dawn?

But seriously, you are joking right?

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
OK, OK I was wrong. Silly me. I agree with you. Everyone and anyone in the USA should be able to anonymously buy a firearm. In fact give them away with a gallon of petrol. Arm kids and teach them basic shooting skills in nursery class.

Now, how does your ideal world work when in conjunction with your freely available AK47's etc. you have coc aine, heroine, PCP and alcohol - again all freely available? Nice safe place you live in!

It's all macho BS - my gun is bigger than yours crap. Good luck with your obsession cowboy.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
All Red Dawn references aside why not show me how the gangsters, thugs and murderers will line up have their illegally owned firearms registered and licensed?

All of these idiotic measures are aimed square at me and other law-abiding gun owners. How does making me jump through hoop after hoop just so I can spend a Sunday at the range keep some ghetto trash 15 year old from blowing away his neighborhood rivals?

Can anyone explain that? I keep asking and all I get are fanciful stories, BS statistics and pointless pseudo philosophy from uppity crackers in the UK about need.

BTW, there are more sheep than people in New Zealand. Dont you see a problem with that?

[edit on 15-1-2009 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Thats not macho. Thats liberty. And in case you dont know what liberty is it isnt safe. Everybody wanting the illusion of safety at the cost of liberty is how the US got to it's tyrannical state in the first place. You can thank that fear of liberty for things like the Iraq war.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   

"OK, OK I was wrong. Silly me. I agree with you. Everyone and anyone in the USA should be able to anonymously buy a firearm. In fact give them away with a gallon of petrol. Arm kids and teach them basic shooting skills in nursery class."

That is a good idea.

*Places that make gun ownership mandatory experience a dramatic drop in crime.

Switzerland Arms all of it's citizens, and they have one of the lowest crime rates in the World. When you turn Fifty, they take your m-16 and give you a .303 rifle.

Most places with Mandatory Gun ownership also has mandatory gun training, and you don't get your gun if you don't pass. But almost everyone still has a gun- and the rapists are scared, and the robbers are cowed and people feel safe at night.

It is unfortunate that your gun phobia and your Nation's laws prohibit you from having the equipment to properly protect your family.

What would you do if three men with knives break and want to rape your wife or kids?

I'd shoot them - what would you do?
(And if they killed me, there is still my wife and kids with their guns)

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Whilst thisguyrighthere is talking sense, you my friend are embarrassing yourself and should refrain from using a keyboard and stick to triggers.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Kennesaw vs. Morton Grove 25 years later

Best of all is the Brady Campaigns map of the US
www.bradycampaign.org...

The most crime is committed in the areas with the strictest gun control and the Brady Bunch admits it.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Thanks for the links.

He probably still won't believe us though.

His mind is made up, we shouldn't bother him with the facts ;-)

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Exuberant1]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join