It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive coverup - US soldiers incredible discovery in IRAQ

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Well, as far as this thread goes, I have to do more research on it to fully be able to post an intelligent post. However, I can comment on a post that said there is no proof (and never happened) that there was a flood that covered the whole world. You have to realize something with this misconception of a great flood covering the entire planet. There are many different ancient tribes that never had contact with each other that speak of a great flood that covered the earth, no you tell me how our ancient ancestors had this common story when they never had contact with each other? Plus, maybe you should research it some more before posting because they have found proof that there was a flood that covered alot of land in many areas that were inhabited by the ancients. That is as far as I can post intelligently until further investigation into the story by the soldiers. Thread flagged and this is a great find.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sir_chancealot

Originally posted by Hanslune
...Hans: That is the fringe legend the reality is something else, because the Americans didn't secure the museums and they were looted.

Apparently, you didn't watch the news as it was happening. It wasn't a "fringe legend" when CNN, Fox News, et. al., were reporting that American troops were securing museums in Baghdad. The embedded journalists were showing live feeds from the museums.

Nice try at retroactive changing of the story, however.

No, Hanslune is right. The museums were looted because the army ignored the museums. I remember. They guarded the oil fields though

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I used to be with the rest of you in poo-pooing the Nibiru theory.

Then I started digging around. If you google comet, 1500bc, you will find that the Earth suffered terrible catastropes during that time.... 3500 years ago.. the supposed last pass of this body.

wiretap.area.com...
Here is one, there are more.

It makes sense to me, I hope it isn't the case, but it fits.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by blujay]

[edit on 11-3-2009 by blujay]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Haven't seen the video, probably won't watch it. I don't really believe in Nibiru, for all that it matters. (But I will discuss it). However, all you naysayers realize this:

When American troops rolled into Bagdad, where did they go first? Did they go to Power plants? Did they go to Water plants? Did they go to sewage plants? Did they go to communications facilities?

No.

They rolled into, and took over MUSEUMS.

Don't you find it incredibly ODD that, out of all the places that an army would traditionally seek to control, they would go to MUSEUMS first? No one else finds that very, very strange?

A museum has ZERO military use. None. Nada. Zip. Taking a museum does not give it a tactical, strategic, nor even PR advantage. Unless, of course, there are things in those museums that the general public is not aware of.

Noooooo, there are things in those museums that the general public want to steal. By the time US security forces got to the museums for most of them it was too late. BTW, I spend 5 years in the Corps (having just been discharged), and know many people who took part in the initial invasion, museums were not the first places they went. Also, most of the power plants and water plants were destoryed by air, so that was a moot point.
Semper!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

one of many thread regarding the find

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I love learning anything new about Sumeria but I haven't actually looked into anything about Nibiru because the little I have read just sounded too far fetched, even for me!

As soon as Nibiru was mentioned, in the video, alarm bells rang but I've made a note to do a little more research about it rather than just dismissing it. I like to be open minded but some things are a stretch. Mind you, in my experience, it's often been the case that the craziest stories were the ones with an element of truth.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
These tablets mention planet Nibiru passing near Uranus in 2012. They also mention the building of a second arc (the first being Noah's). If this is all true, I think it would be safe to assume that these two prophecies are likely related to one another. Perhaps, every 3500 years, when Nibiru enters our Solar System and passes by Uranus, all of the planets become affected by the enormous shift in gravity. This results in our oceans being "pulled" much harder to one side of the earth, causing what many ancient civilizations have referred to as a "great flood."

Just a theory. What do you think?

- Strype

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Strype]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Strype

I am in agreement with you. Like I said, I used to shy away any time Nibiru was mentioned. I am a convert now. The evidence, if it were presented to a CSI, is a slam dunk case closed IMO.

It's certainly not a celebratory event if you look at it from our little human perspective. If you look at it as the progression and evolution of the planet and of ourselves, then I believe there is cause for celebration.
We are evolving to our New Earth and to new heights we can't even imagine from here!

The chaos that comes with our new friend is anyones guess. I say don't fear it, welcome it and envision the Earth that WE want ... because from what I've gathered, we can create whatever we wish for ... and unfortunately we weren't informed en masse of this power within us -thanks to our captors.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Hey yall. I just wanted to say that I was stationed in Nasiriyah Iraq during one of my tours of duty at Tallil Airbase. The images in the movie are of the Ziggurat of Ur which is directly within the perimeter of the Air base. It is chock FULL of tablets, writings and broken pottery. I have taken many tours of the area and it is amazing to see. In fact there are so many artifacts around the area that it is literally impossible to walk around without stepping on pieces of pottery and tablets. There are probably some amazing things waiting to be found within this site.

I do know that the whole time I was at the base there was never any attempt to perform any archeological digs or excavations of the site. It is like it is just sitting there waiting to be explored. There were two Iraqi men who lived and worked next to the site. They would give tours and tell tales of who they believed was buried there (Abraham I think they said they believed was buried there). Other than that they just sold souvenirs.

It really was amazing. I remember exploring another cool building on the base not too far from the Zig was a building that used to be one of Saddam Husein's main military facilities. You could only go down about two floors underground before the giant oil slick flooded the rest of the floors. We were told that it went down many floors more and they had NO idea what was down there because it was booby trapped. It was connected to underground oil storage that they used to flood the place with during the last invasion of Iraq. Supposedly the U.S. tried for a LONG time to pump all of the oil out to see what was down there but every time they drain some out it immediately fills back up with more unprocessed oil from below.

Just wanted to share that even though I do not believe the 2012 conspiracy or anything about Nirubu.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Why must life on earth end? First from a bible point of view is corruption of law. In Jewish tradition it is noted that before Noah's flood it was not uncommon for a person to marry a dog, horse or cow. In Sodoms end a judge in the city ordered beds put in the street for the homosexual rape of any passer by. It was also known for thieves. Only the cities that had these liberal judges were distroyed. All this means we have not seen how nasty this world is going to get.

The second point is the earth ending in a flood a second time. Clearly Jesus explained this in a story after the sermon on the mount. As a wise (means...obervant, mindfull and careful with resorces ) built his home on a rock. The foolish (means...slow or dull) built his on the sand. Then a torrent of water came down and distroyed the foolish mans home. The wondered what that was all about till 67ad. They saw a white hefier born. Then a sword seen in the heavens and after that a wierd light seen on the temple mound. When they saw all that many Christians packed and went to Jordan. The remaining foolish were *killed by a flood of Romans* in 70ad. There is your 2nd flood it is a flood of people but in the coming situation one of civil bloody rage. This is also born out in Rev. 6:2 or the second seal as a man with a exsocution sword on a blood red horse. Such swords were never used in combat as they were to heavy.

They Mayans were correct to call it a flood but in this sense and as I understand events start in 2012 however the flood event is likely 11 to 16 or so years from now but that is a different story. The flood event is also burning everything with fire as one would expect being inraged.

As truth is said and over time pasted down it often becomes distorted or embellished that is common with idol worshipers. The point of interest is it talks of a second flood.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The site below has a translation of the tablet. They state that the have been identified as authentic by 3 independent sources. I haven't read through so I don't know if sources are named. Still thought it would be of interest.

I have to agree with being thrown off by the Nibiru (sp) comment. But then I may have conditioned myself to not believe.

Translation of Iraq Tablets

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
There could be something to this was just talking to a guy back from Iraq that was talking about some recently found artifacts that are being given a lot of attention.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

When American troops rolled into Bagdad, where did they go first? Did they go to Power plants? Did they go to Water plants? Did they go to sewage plants? Did they go to communications facilities? No. They rolled into, and took over MUSEUMS. Don't you find it incredibly ODD that, out of all the places that an army would traditionally seek to control, they would go to MUSEUMS first? No one else finds that very, very strange? A museum has ZERO military use. None. Nada. Zip. Taking a museum does not give it a tactical, strategic, nor even PR advantage. Unless, of course, there are things in those museums that the general public is not aware of.

The only thing I find odd is that CT people are still ranting about the Baghdad museum, apparently oblivious to the actual facts.

When U.S. and Coalition forces rolled into town — even as Saddam's ridiculous propaganda team was claiming that the Coalition would never come within 80 miles of Baghdad (and, yes, Saddam and his people had repeatedly threatened to use WMD) — looting broke out all over Baghdad. Live television feeds clearly showed mobs of civilians tearing into the Baghdad museum, fleeing with anything they could lay their hands on. What was left of local government requested that Coalition forces protect the museum before it was completely ransacked by civilian looters; and some troops were dispatched to hold off the looting.

Antiquities authorities in Baghdad then claimed that upwards of three-quarters of the museum's exhibits had been plundered. However, within a couple of weeks it was revealed that the vast majority of the looted exhibits in the Baghdad museum were counterfeits — or, rather, decoys. Over several years, dating back to Desert Storm in the early 1990s, the museum fakes had been installed on the orders of Saddam Hussein himself, while the authentic pieces had been secreted away, who knows where.

To my knowledge, the authentic artifacts have never been recovered, and they have never resurfaced on the black market. So they're probably still hidden away in one of Saddam's secret bunkers, or perhaps stashed away in Syria.

Lest we forget, Saddam's tyrannical little regime was all into the counterfeiting business. Upwards of a billion dollars in counterfeit U.S. currency was also recovered in Baghdad.

So, I'm not buying any CT of the Big Bad U.S. Military seizing and squirreling away wondrous artifacts from the Baghdad museum. TV cameras were on the scene. It didn't happen.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I remember a russian news article a couple of years ago about the us forces having fenced of a large are which was an area thought to be the center of babylon and brought in a load of earth movers etc & were digging a huge excavation. It was picked up by russian spy satalites and they suspected the yanks of looking for somrthing.
Cannot find it anywhere now though.

Strype - wicked avatar

Vonspurter - is that ena sharples

[edit on 26/3/09 by cropmuncher]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join