It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive coverup - US soldiers incredible discovery in IRAQ

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Earlier this year, a friend told me a story about a major archaeological find in Iraq. He said the US army soldiers happened upon something big and it was all being kept hush, hush. My friend, who is a Near Eastern scholar at a prestigious university, said the US government was putting together a panel to examine and decipher the find. Wow! I thought, pretty wild stuff. Soon enough, I forgot the story and went on with the daily toils, we call life.
When the translation started popping up in several cities throughout the world, I remembered what my friend told me and placed a call to another friend, inside the Metropolitan Museum of Art for the inside scoop. Ironically, in the land of truth and liberty, the country that wants to bring democracy to rest of the world, the translation was easily kept under wraps and as far as I know, this piece here on YouTube is the only copy made public inside the United States. Our lawyers say we are not breaking any laws since the tablets are not even acknowledged to exist. Whatever the case, one has to wonder why the US and British governments are tearing up the land formally known as Sumer, in a mad search for something. Tablets, or perhaps plans for the second ark mentioned in the fragment's 64 lines?

Whatever you think, before you watch this video, prepare yourself for something utterly shocking.

Source

I love this Indiana Jones type stuff, too bad it has to be covered up.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Good find
The more of this kind of stuff I hear the more upset I get, seriously, who the heck are they to keep hiding thing from us? and when did we as the people ever say " we'll elect you into power to serve and protect us, but please don't let us know whats really going on" ?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
That's so cool! Good job. You have to wonder, too, what discoveries the -other- armies are finding?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I loved the video right up till Nibiru popped it's ugly . out
This is like the third time I've seen this video here at ATS

[edit on 14-1-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Howdy Warrenb

Well you do realize that the entire video is just hear say? Do you have any actual evidence?

The 260th Battalion left Iraq in 2003 and it return in August 2006 - check the date on the video.

Now it all goes along nicely until they hit "Nibiru to be at the orbit of Uranus in 2012"

If they had avoided that remark they might have made the video remotely plausible.

Sorry dude if Nibiru existed we could see it now - and if it was orbiting thru every 3,500 years it gravity would be effecting planet left right and center. Bringing up Sitchin's brain baby is a good way to discredit any concept.

I happen to know people who can read Sumerian, it's a very small tightly knit community - there is no 'buzz' on this - at all - nada.

Next it brings up the deluge - well no earth covering biblical flood occurred so that is two major errors in the story.

My opinion: made up and not even remotely believable.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Critical thinking is fighting a loosing battle on ATS if this is an example.

Teenage voices. Put together by someone with first month amateur skills. No citation. Not a single name of the supposed viewers of these tablets and yet another childish Niburu Myth.

Gods who travel the Universe but lack even the most basic technology beyond a pick and shovel.

Don't you Niburu folks know when you are being made fun of? Don't you understand that film is satire from people who think you are funny?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

More of a farce to see how many people they can get to believe it.

Somepeople will believe anything as long as you put in the following key hrases

The Evil US government is involved

The information is suppressed but somehow it's so critical it can show up on youtube but no where else....

Coverup

Include some fringe theory that was debunk decades ago

Add those all together and it'll be eaten up like a fresh fish at a cat party.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Perhaps we should join in and collaborate on a new myth, website, book deal, movie deal and eventually do the C2C circuit for pennies? 2012 is not far and and a new myth to fill the void will be needed right away. We can take a little financial recession in stride, but can we as a species survive even a month without a new end of the earth scenario? To extend its earning and entertainment potential I suggest a date around 2054. Has a nice ring to it, don't ya think?

I'm most impressed by the 2012 is just a new spiritual beginning take. Not a lie, could be true, requires no drunken Archaeologists desperate for booze money to add their PhD's to the theory.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Howdy Blaine

Horizon of concern. A disaster has to be reasonably close to be of concern to most people. About five years is the max it would seem.

We could look at the various other ethnic calendars and find one with a numerlogically interesting date to come.

I've been interested in fringe for many years. I too have considered making up ( I think I can make up one that would take more than a few minute to debunk). I even have a Ph.d friend (math concerning orbital patterns) who volunteered once to defraud the planet, he married well and has tenure - but three problems come up:

-It gets too silly and I cannot keep from laughing - even if just typing
-I suffer from excessive integrity
-Somebody might actually believe it - really believe it!

aaaahhh

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
is it just me or does the language from sumeria seem pretty advanced? seems like they have words to describe lots of emotion and whatnot. shouldn't there be some steps between uga uga and modern day speaking?

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mozzy

Howdy Mozzy

The stuff in the video was faked, but yes Sumerian was a complex language - remember we've been speaking for quite some time and that technology (language) is well known. You can look at some of the post contact languages of hunter-gatherers. They mostly have a full range of expressive language.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Haven't seen the video, probably won't watch it. I don't really believe in Nibiru, for all that it matters. (But I will discuss it). However, all you naysayers realize this:

When American troops rolled into Bagdad, where did they go first? Did they go to Power plants? Did they go to Water plants? Did they go to sewage plants? Did they go to communications facilities?

No.

They rolled into, and took over MUSEUMS.

Don't you find it incredibly ODD that, out of all the places that an army would traditionally seek to control, they would go to MUSEUMS first? No one else finds that very, very strange?

A museum has ZERO military use. None. Nada. Zip. Taking a museum does not give it a tactical, strategic, nor even PR advantage. Unless, of course, there are things in those museums that the general public is not aware of.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
- and if it was orbiting thru every 3,500 years it gravity would be effecting planet left right and center.

Well, something is affecting this planet greatly. The clouds don't even look the same anymore. And rain is like a novelty here.

What it is, I don't know. But I know it's not the "man made global warming" the deceivers are trying to sell us.

For all I know, Nibiru could be another type of false flag, Project Bluebeam style. Or it could be real.

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Don't you Niburu folks know when you are being made fun of? Don't you understand that film is satire from people who think you are funny?

The truth is, nobody here knows if it's true or not. And why should they care about what others think of them?

They should free their minds instead of worrying what others think of them. If you worry what others think of you, you are allowing them to control you.

And death and ridicule are the CIA's primary ways to supress the truth.

[edit on 15/1/09 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_chancealot

Howdy Sir C

They rolled into, and took over MUSEUMS.

Hans: That is the fringe legend the reality is something else, because the Americans didn't secure the museums and they were looted.

On 8 April 2003 the last of the museum staff left the museum. Iraqi forces, in violation of Geneva Conventions, engaged U.S. forces from within the museum, as well as the nearby Special Republican Guard compound. Lt. Col. Eric Schwartz of the U.S. Army's Third Infantry Division stated that he was unable to enter the compound and secure it since they attempted to avoid returning fire at the building. Sniper positions, discarded ammunition, and 15 Iraqi Army uniforms were later discovered in the building. Iraqi forces had built a fortified wall along the western side of the compound, allowing concealed movement between the front and rear of the museum.

Thefts took place between 8 April and 12 April, when some staff returned to the building. U.S. forces, .ed by Marine Col. Matthew Bogdanos, entered the compound on 16 April, and initiated an investigation on 21 April. His investigation indicated that despite claims to the contrary, no U.S. forces had looted the building, and that there were three separate thefts by three distinct groups over the four days. While the staff instituted a storage plan to prevent theft and damage (also used during the Iran–Iraq War and the first Gulf War), many larger statues, steles, and friezes had been left in the public galleries, protected with foam and surrounded by sandbags. Forty pieces were stolen from these galleries, mostly the more valuable. Of these 13 have been recovered as of January 2005, including the three most valuable — the Sacred Vase of Warka (though broken in fourteen pieces,which was the original state it was found in when first escavated ), the Mask of Warka, and the Bassetki Statue.

Checking the facts

The US army and government took a lot of heat from international archaeological groups for its failure to protect these museums - which is true.

The U.S. government was criticised for doing nothing to protect the museum after occupying Baghdad. Dr. Irving Finkel of the British Museum said the looting was "entirely predictable and could easily have been stopped." Martin Sullivan, chairman of the U.S. President's Advisory Committee on Cultural Property, and State Department cultural advisors Gary Vikan and Richard S. Lanier resigned in protest.

Being both an ex-Army officer and ex-Archaeologist I was part of those protests. As a matter of fact I roasted one of ex Lieutenants for his failures in that regards - however they did have other priorities.

[edit on 15/1/09 by Hanslune]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

I agree with you there Paul, rain is a novelty here in melbourne too.

Another thing, this summer has got to be the coolest we've had in many many years. I dont think we've even hit 36 or 37 degrees celicius yet here in melbourne. Usually we'd be pushing the 40's by now.

November had 2 days that were 36 or so, but thats it.

Nubiru or something else. I remember melbournes weather as a kid, always bloody raining and cold and summer used to have 4 to 5 day long heatwaves of high 30's low 40's....not anymore.

In regards to Archaelogical finds in Iraq....this brings up the whole stargate stories that went around ATS many many times in the past.

How the war was actually about Saddam finding some ancient Sumerian technology and the US not allowing him to keep it.

Interesting non the less. Will keep watching this one.

edit: wheres the video? the link dont work?

[edit on 15/1/09 by Melbourne_Militia]

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
From many so-called experts on C2C the first 5 planets are warming which could mean the sun is somehow causing it.

Not only do you have droughts but it also causes other weather anomalies not seen in many years.

In addition,we are now entering an area of the universe that has more dust and asteroids which affects the weather.

As for Nibiru, it has supposedly been sighted by Nasa (view pics on this site) from the South Pole. It is supposed to show itself to the entire world by May of this year so I won't discard the idea out of hand.

Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Why is it, in so many threads that the end of all life on planet earth by a mysterious external force is predicted? Whether Niburu (crap), religion (crap) or otherwise they all say it is because we humans need to be cleansed.

My argument is, what have the animals done that they deserve to be killed? All life on Earth to be wiped out because the single most vicious living thing on the planet who think that they own it can do nothing but war and destroy the planet that hosts them.

Homo Sapien is just one species on this planet. If a mysterious force wants rid of us there's far easier ways than to flood the entire planet.

Moving back to the Army find. No way could you silence the entire battalion that allegedly found this. These are just ordinary guys doing a job most don't really want to do. It was so long ago I'd say on current rates about 30% of them are now civilians but still we hear nothing about this find which tells me the entire story is BS. Well it was as soon as I saw Niburu being mentioned.

I really need to stick to my guns and stop reading posts with YouTube videos in them. They're all rubbish.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Here's an interesting vid to watch....

Secret Space, Volume 2 "Alien Invasion"

www.metacafe.com...

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
...Hans: That is the fringe legend the reality is something else, because the Americans didn't secure the museums and they were looted.

Apparently, you didn't watch the news as it was happening. It wasn't a "fringe legend" when CNN, Fox News, et. al., were reporting that American troops were securing museums in Baghdad. The embedded journalists were showing live feeds from the museums.

Nice try at retroactive changing of the story, however.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
what is this place? is the forum the place where people who defy hans' viewpoint get banished to? My video post ended up here as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join