It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars Force Trainer teaches children to kill... with their minds

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Toy maker Uncle Milton has introduced Force Trainer, a game that utilizes NeuroSky's brainwave-controlled gaming technology. In a manner similar to the Mind Flex we got our heads on at CES, the young Jedi dons a wireless headset that communicates with a simplified EEG. If you focus well enough, the "training sphere" rises in a 10-inch tube. Seems pretty harmless, no? At least until your humble child starts lifting rocks and choking people by simply furrowing their brow and gesturing menacingly. If you find this an acceptable risk (or you feel the need to work on your own mental prowess) the thing should be available this fall for just under $100.

[edit on 1/14/2009 by Amaxium]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Um...... I guess this gives a new meaning to the phrase "may the force be with you."

I just about died laughing when I saw this. But now we have a cool new toy to train our abilities with!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Well unless there is some magical EEG unit the kid wears that extends their "force" thoughts byond the headset they have to wear, I seriously doubt that this thing is anything to worry about.

Its a toy, and may even help with certian learning disabilities. I see nothing wrong with it.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This is not the geeky toy you've been looking for....

Do-it-yourself LightSaber Kit sold separately.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I can see all the nerds and LARPers in their 30's and 40's making some Scientology-esque religion out of this stupid thing.

And, I can see a whole bunch of pervs "training" other body parts.

I always wanted to know how much force energy was stored in by sack.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
"Those were the beginnings"...they will say in a few hundred years.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Gah! psychic child army! As if I didn't have enough reasons to be annoyed by the little things, with their talking in movies and their chocolatey fingers!

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Oh Boy! Apparently we get a whole new revolution in gaming at our feet soon! Goodbye joysticks and controllers, now it's brain-wave controlled gaming!

Mind-control games may be the coming thing: Mattel plans to demonstrate a Mind Flex game (also due this fall), which uses brain-wave activity to move a ball through a tabletop obstacle course, at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas on Thursday.

Link

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I am actually pretty excited about this, as a child i would have loved and adored to get one of these. Heck, i think i might go out and order one when they become available. But yes, back on topic, probably not good for young children if you're able to kill opponants with the power of thought.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The more I look at it the lamer it seems.

It's a ping-pong ball in a tube and a fan underneath. Increase the activitu and the fan spins faster. So if I clench like I'm fighting a monster turd the ball will rise? If I let off a string of lies and profanity the ball will rise?

Armatron would kick the Force Trainers ass.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaxium

Interesting all this stuff is coming out when "PUSH" is coming out...coincidence????

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Alrighty then.... My link to the OP Source did not post... And my edit didn't put the link in successfully.

So here it is.
Link to Source

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I dont know, Jar Jar is looking pretty offensive in the picture, I wouldnt mind using force crush to take him out once and for all. so you produce more alphawaves, which revs up a fan, which pushes a ball. thats kind of cool i guess. I stilll try to elevate my ciggerettes durring my downtime at work...but no avail;

It makes sense though. if you blank your mind enough, it can do some weird things, but thats just it, you can have NO distractions of any type.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
It may seem silly, but I worry about what exactly the children are doing to achieve the goal of interacting with the device.

I mean, I know that people can - with training - control their brainwave activity to some degree... but where will this lead? Will it be healthy? Has this been adequately tested?

Probably nothing to worry about, I just don't see the technology as trivial.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

And it isn't. This isn't from a conspiracy standpoint, this is from a future military app standpoint. The military has been experimenting with this technology to reduce the amount of "hands-on" activities necessary for warfighters, pilots especially. It would be a good idea to introduce this tech to the younger generation so they already have a good idea of how to manipulate thier brainwaves to interact with future computer-systems. this technology has also been minimally implemented with MS patients, extreme cases of autism, as well as people who are disabled from the neck down.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
The toy itself may be for kids, but since its price is so low I wouldn't mind getting one just to hack it apart and use it as a remote for something.

Use the part that turns on the fun to control a light dimmer instead to control the light, or the volume control on the stereo... endless possibilities.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
"Use the part that turns on the fun "
Or surgically implant that part into your lover and do all kinds of fun things with them.

[edit on 1/14/2009 by rangersdad]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
It is a simple jedi mind trick to boost sales....may the farce, I mean Force be with you.
O-Be-The-One

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
that is not the Jedi way

Then again I always found the Sith more interesting...

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Talk about lame!

Put live mice in that tube and let the kiddies stop the vermin hearts from beating. Now that would be worth the money.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join