It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the government covering up something here? You decide

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Exactly, going even deeper do they hold some knowledge of something that isn't known? For example: Another Katrina heading towards us, that media isn't aware of. I also directed this towards 2012 and the solar storms. Then again this could be linked to anything. Once again I have no evidence to support anything, just something I thought of.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I agree with you totally. I was simply trying to use this as an excuse for a possibility that the government is hiding something.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Let me re-emphasize my meaning behind this. I am not stating anything regarding a cover-up towards this website, or any past events by homeland security or the companies involved in this. I am directing this towards the meaning behind this commercial, the timing of this commercial, the funding of this commercial, which is all. Lastly, I have no evidence to support any of this. The commercial shows the link to the website, which has a emergency disaster kit in the website. I am sorry for the confusion. Hopefully, I cleared any misunderstandings behind this.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by Johnathanrs]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnathanrs
• Water, one gallon of water per person per day for at least three days, for drinking and sanitation
• Food, at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food
• Battery-powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert and extra batteries for both
• Flashlight and extra batteries
• First aid kit
• Whistle to signal for help
• Dust mask, to help filter contaminated air and plastic sheeting and duct tape to shelter-in-place
• Moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties for personal sanitation
• Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
• Can opener for food (if kit contains canned food)
• Local maps
Additional Items to Consider Adding to an Emergency Supply Kit:
• Prescription medications and glasses
• Infant formula and diapers
• Pet food and extra water for your pet
• Important family documents such as copies of insurance policies, identification and bank account records in a waterproof, portable container
• Cash or traveler's checks and change
• Emergency reference material such as a first aid book or information from www.ready.gov
• Sleeping bag or warm blanket for each person. Consider additional bedding if you live in a cold-weather climate.
• Complete change of clothing including a long sleeved shirt, long pants and sturdy shoes. Consider additional clothing if you live in a cold-weather climate.
• Household chlorine bleach and medicine dropper - When diluted nine parts water to one part bleach, bleach can be used as a disinfectant. Or in an emergency, you can use it to treat water by using 16 drops of regular household liquid bleach per gallon of water. Do not use scented, color safe or bleaches with added cleaners.
• Fire Extinguisher
• Feminine supplies and personal hygiene items
• Mess kits, paper cups, plates and plastic utensils, paper towels
• Paper and pencil
• Books, games, puzzles or other activities for children

So in conclusion, once again I could be opening Pandora Box for anyone with an imagination behind this. What are other people thoughts behind this? Am I just being paranoid, or not? I only wonder what the government is hiding, if anything. If they are hiding something, what they are hiding.

The batteries would not exactly help really, i have seen more and more flash lights and other devices with internal batteries, almost nothing in an average house uses removable AA, AAA, C, D or F batteries anymore besides the smoke detector. In that sense I doubt many people actually have any batteries lying around their house,apartment etc.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jatsc

I understand why people are linking this towards the website. When I made a copy of their kit and stated the whole 3 day survival kit. It officially brought that into the picture, which was my mistake. This kit has existed on this website for years. I was only using it, or thought was using it as a connection towards my meaning behind it. Obviously, I was wrong so ignore the kit. Besides for all we know they could update this as time grows near? I should have never linked anything in this website for my post. I was simply trying to bring around a discussion, possible cover-up, regarding the commercial. That the government might know something and preparing the nation for this scenario.

[edit on 13-1-2009 by Johnathanrs]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I think that people are getting antsy in the government because another terrorist attack hasn't happened yet... I mean, maybe there is something about to happen with Yellowstone (with the amount of related posts here on ATS I wouldn't be surprised if they're covering up that the middle of the country is going to blow). I kind of think it is because of the terrorist thing, also because maybe they want us to think something could actually save us from one... which is probably not true. And with Iran and all this stuff in Gaza coming to a head, then it would make sense.

Maybe it's both natural and terror-related.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Very possible as well, let's just hope enough evidence doesn't come around by 2011 to make me go purchase a survival kit.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnathanrs

Let's just hope that we all have fair warning and it doesn't happen tomorrow.
*nod*

posted on Jan, 18 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Most interesting observation. Subliminal message?

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I can't say it was for a cover up. I've seen these commercials over the past few years as pointed out by RFBurns. That is unless they know exactly what we need to be prepared for. I'd like to have a big surplus of dry goods and can food, gasoline for the generator, ammo, a B.O.B. as discussed here, and other essentials. I just don't have the extra money right now.

Anyway, the government has done this for a long time...

Another good survival guide to have discussed here

Of course, if you have to use that one it's already to late

[edit on 19-1-2009 by becomingaware] I dont know why the video isn't showing

[edit on 19-1-2009 by becomingaware]

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Yes my friends I believe that perhaps some of our worst nightmares are right around the corner. Life as we have come to know it will be gone forever. I think preparation for something much longer than 3 days should be considered.
I think heavily populated areas could be at very high risk! What do a million people do in the dead of winter with no power, no gas. Stacked upon one another in high rises, believing this is some crazy conspiracy theroy . I believe all the governments know (or have a real good idea of what is about to occur).
As I right this, the seas rise. Planet X is in route and can be seen in the southern hemisphere. Planet x is said to be 4 to 8 times the size of our planet. It's causing disturbences all over our solar system. It's gravitional pull alone will be enough to change life as we know it. Yellowstone as just one example.
It will be a free for all!
Why has our government buried seed samples along with other genitic samples deep in earth for safe keeping? Anyone think of one good reason the frequency ufo sighting have increased. Have they come to help or harvest?
I know all this sounds crazy.
I do not believe the average person has the resources to prepare for what is ahead. We will need to gather, and pool resources to even have a chance.
I have read that some are digging extra septic tanks to burrow in. I believe the amount time may exceed 18 months! Can any one family prepare for that alone!
It must started yesterday.
Look around and keep an open mind. The syncronicity of the events are just to many for this to be anything less than prophecy.
Preparing our souls for pure conciousness is the very least we should do.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
For one, its not unusual, I think EVERYONE should have an emergency kit that is stored in a single backpack, and everyone should be prepared for disaster. Why do you think ancient cultures fasted? In case they needed to go without food! Go out like Survivorman and train! If not just for fun.

I think if the government did know they wouldnt be warning people, but rather instilling panic so that they can gain control (like all those NWO conspiracists think). Then they can be the saviours!

And as for 2012, it may or may not be disastrous. But ancient texts cite otherwise. Bible Revelation, Nostradamus, Norse Odinism, First Nations beliefs, etcetera, all point to the same style of going out and in a similar time frame. It could be coincidence, but it certainly doesnt hurt to prepare. It could hurt not to. Like my favourite quote from a terrible movie, alien vs predator, "I'd rather have one and not need it, than need one and not have it!"

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
If you ask me this is what every government should be doing right now to prepare those who will not fight in the coming civil breakdown that is increasingly more likely due to financial collapse.

The financial collapse is something they are trying to control so that it doesn't all happen at once. But it is certainly increasingly likely with every day that passes, that the entire financial system is broken, in freefall, and none of our governments have a way to fix it.

They can keep pumping cash back into it, but that puts more debt on the nation as a whole without guaranteeing anything in return.

I really don't see how this is going to be resolved.

People are reluctant to spend unless they have to. Banks are refusing to lend in any direction.

The only option left is for governments to take control of banking and start lending, then push to try to get the people to borrow and spend, which is going to be hard considering we've all been repeatedly told that these things are what caused the problems in the first place.

It seems increasingly likely that civil unrest will grow, as was stated by many months ago. And in these situations the government should be subtly informing people of how to survive without the basic amenities they've been used to.
It all makes sense to me.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   

sturdy shoes.

Ok, so it's obviously a need, but, that line just gave me the creepies.
I just got a flash of hundreds of people walking down a paved road, with miles and miles of endless road ahead of them.
Ugh.

As for the commercial - I heard in another thread these started after Katrina - but - I couldn't find the thread, sorry.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

2012,,,,, if u go on youtube.com search fema camps or martial law, they say the goverment is getting ready to kill 90 % of the population blah blah... i say we prepare ourselfs.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
The dust mask thing makes me think of yellowstone.

The same with the tape, you would want to tape up your doors and windows to keep the ash out.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by Michaeljp86]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Omg your so rightThis is INSANE!

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnathanrs
reply to post by omega007

Omega, with all due respect you don't know what you are talking about. I already made a post regarding Y2K make sure you know your facts before stating anything. Here is a link to my post regarding it, in fact I will simply copy and paste it for you.

That’s interesting what you pointed out about MSM, I didn’t know that. Regardless of what happens, I do agree with you in the sense it will be an interesting time frame. People seem to have the wrong idea about this time. They try to bring up past events like Y2K, not being able to comprehend the difference between these situations.

Y2K is a man-made disaster, known as human made. Y2K actually did happen, but most people didn’t realize this. It was brought about the science and computer industry that bad scenarios were possible if they didn’t re-calculate computers, programs, exc. News got wind of the story and blew it up into a big story. (Which is their job, that is what they are paid to do sell stories. What they stated was the truth, though they went above and beyond on some cases. In the end, they accomplished their goal and told the truth. How people perceived this was on them.) People began planning for the worst, but anyone who worked in the field already knew about this scenario and fixed it. (Hence a man-made disaster) Looking back in some retrospect, it’s actually a good thing it go such publicity, because it probably prevented a lot of disasters from happening. In all truths, some companies did have to re-set some of their programs, or software that they forgot, so in truth this really did happen. Just not on the scale that was intended to your average, gullible, citizen that was listening to the news, whom was spouting nothing but worst case scenarios. (To sell the story)

Furthermore, the difference between these two is nothing was prophesied regarding Y2K. There are multiple bibliographic sources that are spouting prophecies regarding this time era. Also, science is starting to find things that are matching the time frame of these scenarios. I guarantee you the same thing will happen in regards of Y2K. Things like power companies will get wind of this and try to re-support their power grids to help prevent some situations from happening. They will also have a back up disaster plan, which is resulting in the media exposure of this. This will be oblivious to your average day person, not realizing the outcome being changed thanks to media exposure. Lastly, this isn’t a man-made disaster. When I say that, let me emphasize the word man-made. This is a natural event that is possible of happening on multiple scales, depending upon what you’re believing.
In truth, we have nothing that can prevent the outcome of the chain of events. That is if it happens in the first place and if it does how much can we minimize? In order for someone to understand a concept, plan, or theory, one must look at the entire picture including past, present, and future in order to calculate the entire projected situation. Like stated by multiple people on this website, this time period will be interesting regardless of what happens. Keep in mind, this is the year 2009 all the evidence hasn’t sprouted yet, or been developed yet. Once the year 2011 comes around, then you can start basing Fact from Fiction, based upon the present state of the Earth, preparation, and past scenarios. If there is a possibility of the worst happening, than hope for the best but plan for the worst.

I really enjoyed your post on this. This is exactly how I feel about 2012. I don't agree with Earth going kaboom on 2012, but I am willing to keep an open mind on other possibilities, such as natural disasters occurring so often these days. No skeptics worry about weird weather anomalies recently?

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I have been suspicious about a disaster for a while now,especially with websites like the IHC predicting doomsday scenarios. Who sponsors these people anyway?
www.instituteforhumancontinuity.org...
These people remind me of a bunch of post Jim Jones nut job wannabees.

[edit on 23-10-2009 by CASH69]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I view all incidents like this as "small blips", they're usually initiated by people within such systems for the "best intentions" simply believing they are doing their jobs.

I don't think there's anything behind it other than a few meetings where an ambitious group of people with specific beliefs about public safety pushed for something to be done in an area where they saw a problem.

I think this is why there's often confusion over what government bodies are doing, with regard to people's suspicions etc. There may be a plan in place for something at a higher level, or knowledge of something, but the staff are still doing their jobs without such knowledge.

I'm not suggesting there is anything to be concerned or suspicious about, and I'm not saying there isn't. The existence of the warning could be deliberate, but more likely it's just well intentioned people doing their jobs, with or without a real risk being present.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join