It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spreading Truth Via Bank Notes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Recently, Alex Jones has reported on his radio show that people have been writing "infowars.com" on fed-issued bank notes. Now, I'm not saying we should all do that
(and I'm certain ATS concurs), but if some people did, would it take off? Or maybe it has already and you've come across bank notes with 'truth' statements on them?

I'm also wondering, hypothetically, what would catch your attention most if written on a note? Essentially, I'm asking what would be the #1 most effective phrase or web URL to wake people up to the crimes committed against us by the world's central banks. I'd like your opinions please.

I hope I'm not breaking ATS rules and regulations by making this post. I've made every effort to adhere to accepted conduct.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I've received bills with lipsticked Presidents and all manner of other alterations including random numbers and grocery lists. I should have kept them all because it would make a neat collection. I enjoy the random artistic expression of others but I wouldn't dare suggest that anyone deface legal tender. tsk tsk

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I actually like the idea!!!..... would be a good way to share truths, or spread msgs, i know for a fact, that if there was a site name on my note, id most definitely check it out!.....

If i was to have a go (not saying i am!) but could i get arrested? or could it be traced back to me? (not that im planning on doing it)

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

But the money that we use is worthless and backed by nothing.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketgirl

That doesn't mean men with guns and keys to jail cells wouldn't take offense to such an expression/defacement. CYA.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketgirl

It's backed by our economy?

What is Gold backed by?
(where is the divine order declaring Gold is worth anything at all?)

[edit on 1/11/2009 by Rockpuck]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

I have not yet run across a fed Reserve Note with 'Info-Wars.com'
hand printed, or written or stamped on any currency...

i suspect some of his own staff are perpetrating this tidal-wave of expression ... Yuk Yuk, hardly likely...
i'm of the mind its all a publicity stunt at best,

If any actual paper money is so inscribed.I don't think the Treasury would consider the act as defacing gov't property or prosecute the holder of such bills.

my 2 bits

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I have gotten, in the past, many many many "Jesus bills" as i call em. Usually some website is written on it all around the border. But nope, no infowars.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
The infowar bills are true. In the past I have receive many of these bills, but I never went to the site until tonight.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
If I had to pick something that I believe would make people start asking some serious questions- it would have to be "Freedom to Fascism". Hopefully people would find their way to that movie.

I would suggest Infowars, but that may be a little too far of a jump for some people.

edit to add R.I.P. Aaron Russo

[edit on 11-1-2009 by badmatty]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
If I wanted people to perform critical thinking at its best.... Infowars or anything Alex Jones related would NOT be the place I would want them to visit.

I believe he is too 'over the top' on his issues. I applause his passion for the truth but think he spins his own propaganda to get at it. It's my personal opinion but I would like to think that I am not the only one with that view.

my spare change.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I also think infowars might be a little too much for some

I would use bankimplode.com instead

multiple sources, very informative, very real

[edit on 1-11-09 by atoms.2008]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
As of now are at least a couple bills with "infowars.com" a couple with "www.rense.com and a whole bunch with "www.abovetopsecret.com" written on them in Pennsylvannia.

Oh and one that say "This is a worthless piece of paper".

Vas

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies. Interesting to hear that some of you have already come across notes.

Originally posted by Merkabah
If i was to have a go (not saying i am!) but could i get arrested? or could it be traced back to me? (not that im planning on doing it)

From the little research I did, it's illegal to print or stamp anything onto a bank note, but not illegal to handwrite something as long as it doesn't deface any features of the note. Defaced bank notes have to be accepted by banks, even if stores refuse them, so it's safe in that respect (this is based on UK law).

Originally posted by Rockpuck
What is Gold backed by?
(where is the divine order declaring Gold is worth anything at all?)

History

Originally posted by St Udio
i'm of the mind its all a publicity stunt at best,

I think Alex Jones wants the truth out first and foremost, but if people are going to visit a site he'd prefer that they visit his. I suppose the way he sees it, he has more overheads than almost any other website and he's been doing it longer therefore he sees his info as the most accurate.

Thanks for the suggestions badmatty and atoms.2008.

Here are some of mine:

- BAILOUT = TAKEOVER
- Only worth the paper it's printed on
- IOU nothing

I'm hoping people can help me decide on the perfect slogan or URL.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Anyone have any suggestions for URLs or slogans that would define our predicament? If you wanted to really catch someone's attention and set them on the path to enlightenment, what would you tell them?

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
What about something like...:
Income tax is a fraud . com

or

time to wake up america . com

or

america belongs to the people . com

which redirects you to freedom to fascism. I also think since this idea deals with the general public there should be an "intro" movie made before it redirects you to a documentary or whatever. An intro such as the one in this clip: www.youtube.com...

Let me know what you think of those.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I've seen a lot of bills with something like wheresgeorgebeen.com (I believe) written on them. It's a website where you enter the serial number of the bill and as much info as you wish and it "tracks" the course of the money via zip codes and such.

I've also gotten one $5 bill with a bunch of "Stop the Fed" slogans written all over it.

I wouldn't send anyone to infowars simply because too often Alex Jones is a fear mongering ass. He gets some things right, but when he gets something wrong it is far too often simply swept away and never spoken about. Plus, I dislike the guy intensely.

top topics

join