It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush reportedly rejected Israeli plea to raid Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Bush reportedly rejected Israeli plea to raid Iran

news.yahoo.com

President George W. Bush rejected a plea from Israel last year to help it raid Iran's main nuclear complex, opting instead to authorize a new U.S. covert action aimed at sabotaging Iran's suspected nuclear weapons program, The New York Times reported.

Israel's request was for specialized bunker-busting bombs that it wanted for an attack that tentatively involved flying over Iraq to reach Iran's major nuclear complex at Natanz, where the country's only known uranium enrichment plant is located, the Times reported Saturday in its online edition. The White House deflected requests for the bombs and flyover but said it would improve intelligence-sharing with Israel on covert U.S. efforts to sabotage Iran's nuclear program.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Hmmm.

To me this just solidifies the view that Israel wants domination of the middle east.

Requesting from their 'sponsors' so to speak to handle one problem while they deal with another (Palestine).

There has been talk of a US-led Iran strike for several years, yet nothing has occured. Now we at least know that a proposed attack had/has moved as far as international talks between western leaders.

Not exactly uplifting news. The last thing the world needs is another war.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
hmmm interesting development. there has to be a reason behind this. maybe bush was only supposed to push the agenda so far and let the next prez continue later.

thanks for posting this.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Yeah, he only rejects it, because of his political aspirations.
Otherwise he would have rode the chopper in with the assault.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by fooffstarr

Great find. I have posted a link to a thread i started back in November which may provide some further insight:
Israel under no pressure over Iran

It seems that talks at international level have been happening for some time and have continued. The story implies that America has given a green light for an attack if Israel deems suitable...

I wonder if the gaza war was meant to 'provoke' an attack on iran once they started voicing their opposition. I wonder whether that ship carrying aid from iran has reached gaza yet????

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Hmmm. Makes you wonder where are all the people at who keep saying Bush will nuke/bomb/takeover Iran? This turns everything in a whole new direction imo.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
so bushy does have some of his own free will ,im quite suprised!

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
As I said in the other thread on this subject-
Bush didn't forbid to let Israel raid Iran's nukes because he didn't think it was right.
He did it because the USA was already in the process of raiding Iran's nukes.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Seems a bit strange , what type of covert action could take out there nuclear ambitions ?
God I can't even count all the threads that debate weather or not a full out attack could even do the job of knocking out Iran's nuclear ambitions , never mind some " secret action "

What could they be planing ?

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Maybe they did not want to assist Israel because they knew that Iran was moving billions through our US banks...

I know it maybe a little far fetched but something to think about

www.nytimes.com...
January 10, 2009
Iran Moved Billions via U.S. Banks

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I think it will be game on once Obama gets in. Bush's advisors would have known he was not popular enough to get the support for the potential war that might break out if this happens. Now the elite have Obama they will be able to get the support they need from the American people for new wars, maybe even a draft if the war can be sold well enough.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Sorry from double posting, supporting your thread.

Iran is starting to see what is coming... Inevitable outcome from this operation started by Israel. When editors of newspapers start to make headlines like these, then urgent message is out to all people in country... "We are in the way to war!"

Bush 'OKed secret war on Iran'

www.presstv.ir...

And sure they have plenty of evidence from what is coming, we all can see where this Operation Cast Lead is mend to reach...

The United States Promotes Israeli Genocide Against the Palestinians
www.prisonplanet.com...

In Washington, All Roads Lead to Tehran
www.informationclearinghouse.info...

US Senate supports Israel's Gaza incursion
uk.reuters.com...

US congress votes to back Israel
english.aljazeera.net...

"Iran is going to be one of our biggest challenges," Obama said in an interview with ABC's "This Week with George Stephanopoulos."

And Iran is getting ready to it...

Foreign ministers of Iran and China discuss Gaza crisis
www.isna.ir...

Iran and Morocco urge Islamic countries' measures to end Israeli attacks on Gaza
www.isna.ir...

Thanks for USrael - welcome to WW3!

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
This is interesting timing for this report, given the Gaza fiasco Israel now finds itself in, with weakening global support for its sorry little self.

What's even more amazing is that the "conspiracy" stuff like Israel using white phosphorous munitions in Gaza and these secret requests to get Iran, are all over the mainstream media, in the same day.

It can't be said that uncle George was doing a righteous thing by not giving Israel the green light to attack Iran - Iran would've launched missiles against US troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the quagmire that the US has itself in now would be amplified several fold.

2008 was a bad year - financial crisis and near/possible collapse of the US economy, the Russians getting boisterous in the Caucuses...

Imagine an even more inflamed Middle East.

(from closed thread on same story)

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mattguy404

Operation Cast Lead - "Fiasco?"

Far away from that. What I see Israel has managed just fine in what they mend to do - To Traumatized Muslim World - there is no evidence that their operation is not achieving what is mend to achieve in first place.

"They went there to change rules"
- Achieved

"Give message"
- Achieved

"Kill people"
- Achieved

"With small amount of own casualties"
- Achieved...

Nothing happen in accident - bullets used, targets destroyed - they very well know what they are loading to their barrels, and where they aim those strikes - Its most advanced army in the world, damned!"

But have they tell to western world what is their message and those new rules they are after - of course not! Their goal is to show them as pure evils to Muslim world - to provocate their enemy to attack them.

Problem - Reaction - Solution

What is happening, has happen in war history hundreds times before. Today we dont hang people in front of fortresses, but in TV news broadcasts. Why Israel has given promise only to Arabic channels to broadcast from inside Gaza? - Just think about it.

Gaza 911 is real, already done.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Where are all the posters who were shouting that the US was going to attack Iran at some point in the previous year???

I guess they're just sitting around with the posters who claimed that Bush was going to declare Marshall Law and remain in office beyond his two terms!

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I wouldnt buy into this article. In fact I would be quite concerned about it. This didnt just "leak" it was leaked for a purpose. What that purpose could be is speculation but I have my theories. My guess is this is to take the heat off of the US when Israel and Iran go to war. Then the US can claim to be attacked by Iran bringing us into the war and the future administration can say hey look at this article we didnt want war with Iran they brought it on themselves.

You people really have to start thinking outside the box and quit taking what the media says as truth.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by tjeffersonsghost]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by tjeffersonsghost
You people really have to start thinking outside the box and taking what the media says as truth.

In an interview with The Associated Press earlier this week, Stephen Hadley, Bush's national security adviser, said he believed that Iran is the biggest challenge Obama will face in the Middle East and that more sanctions will be needed to force Tehran to forgo its nuclear ambitions and support for extremists. He said the Bush administration has been trying to "shore up and store up leverage" to bequeath to the Obama administration.

Last month, Obama suggested that a combination of economic incentives and tighter sanctions might work. Tehran rejected the proposal. Obama also has said he would pursue tough-minded diplomacy.

Naturally, the last paragraph of the report happens to be the most revealing. One wonders at the coincidence of this leaked story coming just days before Obama takes office and just weeks after Iran rejected Obama's view on how to stop Iran's nuclear ambitions. A possible reminder to Iran on how close they may have come to being attacked and the alternative to dismissing Obama's proposal. Looks like they really are trying to "shore up and store up leverage" for Obama, knowing he will be seen more as a talker than a doer in that part of the world.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by tjeffersonsghost
I wouldnt buy into this article. In fact I would be quite concerned about it. This didnt just "leak" it was leaked for a purpose. What that purpose could be is speculation but I have my theories. My guess is this is to take the heat off of the US when Israel and Iran go to war after Israel attacks Iran or claims to be attacked by Iran and retaliates. Then the US can claim to be attacked by Iran bringing us into the war and the future administration can say hey look at this article we didnt want war with Iran they brought it on themselves.

You people really have to start thinking outside the box and taking what the media says as truth.

I concur. Another reason for it's leaking could be the ongoing attempt to rehabilitate Bush's image for his 'legacy'. He’s having a hard time raising enough money for his library here in Dallas, and this place is lousy with Bushies.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by resistor

Jeez, some people really are driven by irrational hatred for Bush. He can't do anything right, anything seemingly right is false, and anything seemingly positive is for legacy purposes only. Grow up.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
To me this just solidifies the view that Israel wants domination of the middle east.

What many people fail to realize is that in order to guarantee Israel's future survival in the Middle East "domination" as you put it may be the only way.

Israel will attack Iran with or without US support eventually, they will not sit and wait for an Islamic nation who's leaders have called for the annihilation of Israel and denied their right to exist to develop nuclear weapons... It is only a matter of time.

The news you bring seems more like a convenient way for the US to "wash its hands of blame" before an Israeli attack on Iran.

The Gaza situation also to me seems like a way for the Israelis to provoke its enemies, enabling a broadening of hostilities, perhaps to Iran and Syria eventually, if either get involved in Gaza... and they are doing just that as we speak.

[edit on 11-1-2009 by Walkswithfish]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join