It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok so how do I 'wake up'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mrvalleyboy

MVB, don't let a post from a "member" that joined today get under your skin.

I agree with Mr Green, seek your own answers, starting within, and find your own way; it isn't something that can be hurried along or rushed, mine started almost 30 years ago, and every day I see or pick up on something different.

Good luck to you and take care.

seeker

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
one may catalyze their positive spiritual evolution in the coming era by learn/teaching the philosopher's stone.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
you say this dream is # and im hungry i might wake up now

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
My own process of 'waking-up,' as it were, really began in earnest several years ago when I was layed off from yet another job, told myself, "this is enough," sold my house, put all my worldly belongings into a 10x10x10 storage cube ( it was really, really full, and mostly books ... ), was fortunate to have a friend with a free space in her garage for my car, and just 'up and went' to northern India. I had a ten year visa and a fair amount of money in the account and had, really, no specific plans for the future.

In retrospect, this move, or 'jump', if you will, out of the 'fishbowl' was, for me, at any rate, the catalyst, or 'last straw,' in a manner of speaking, which finally began in me the process of 'thoroughly breaking down' my previous, very 'carefully conditioned' world-view.

Consider that a goldfish really has no idea it is living in a fishbowl. To the goldfish its 'fishbowl' is its entire 'world.' In my case, once I had 'jumped' out of my 'fishbowl,' I then had the possiblity of 'looking back in' from the 'outside,' so to speak.

And this is exactly what happened!

Initially, once in the new 'Indian fishbowl,' it took about four-months for me to more or less 'fully decompress.' That is to say it took that period of time for me to begin waking up in the morning without my mind going automatically into the mode of, 'shouldn't I be at the office?' ... 'what about the future?' ... 'what will the people who know me think?' ... 'shouldn't I be doing something "productive"?' ... just an on-and-on endless stream of 'Im-not-ok-ness' flowing basically from the fact I was no longer 'gainfully-employed' ...

After about four-months this 'automatic mental response to mornings first light' just faded away all on its own ...

This was the first step, in my case, for discovering the complete and total extent to which I had been conditioned, pretty much, more or less, like a trained monkey since early childhood to not only work a job like a good 'productive citizen' but also, later, I began to see how most other aspects of my 'social personality' had been 'fully trained' as well ...

So, to cut this short, and I could go on and on about this subject, believe me, my own, 'awakening,' if this is even the correct term, truly began in earnest when I began to discover by direct experience that I was not at all who I had been conditioned all my life to believe I was ...

And, perhaps even more imprtantly, now that I was able to view it from the 'outside,' the 'fishbowl' I had lived inside all my life, appeared to be nothing like the way I had been told all my life 'it really was' !!

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Spend every waking moment researching and finding out the truth for yourself. As for spiritually awakening- there is no goal to achieve. If you are asking this question- you already are. If you want to know yourself more and open your third eye- then begin meditating. There are alot of bull# people out there- telling you you need to wake up or ascend- charging you hundreds of dollars- and thats all propoganda to sell new age stuff. Trust me- as a Psychic Medium/Spiritual Master myself- who is also a massage therapist- reiki master- past life therapist--- and someone who spent years on the quest of "waking up"- you are already there.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Good Morning
Thank you for your posts Its is really nice to log on and see your responses and experiences - thank you for sharing them. As for that "member" getting under my skin - yes I know I shouldnt have bitten like that. Guess it had just been a long day but thats no excuse as that person did have some valid points.

Anyway something occurred to me last night. As I mentioned in previous posts I have tried the method of concentrating only on the present - the reasoning behind it as I understand is that focusing on the past or the future can bring anxiety on and so on. Well I experimented a bit last night and I found that if I focused on the future a bit of anxiety did kick in. However when I focused on the past (mostly of good times I admit) I felt a warm peaceful feeling. Any thoughts on this? My initial perception is that focusing on the past and certain experiences now and again can give you a lift and a good feeling - as long as you concentrate on good times!

Thanks again everyone!

[edit on 14/1/09 by mrvalleyboy]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Infact, I reccomend you go search the enlightenment thread and skim through that real quick.

You might find some stuff that will arouse your inner-purity which is much more promising that conspiracies, and answers alot more than any skeptic could bout.

=)

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Thanks Rev
Yes I have checked this thread out and found it very interesting. Ive mentioned it earlier in this thread and put the link on there as I feel its quite similar to my own and Ive been in contact with Mr Green. Its comforting to know that theres a lot of people in a similar position although Im not as far down the path as Mr Green. I see my thread as a total beginners guide for anyone looking to research these issues and Mr Greens as the more 'advanced learners guide' Either way I think both threads are very helpful (they certainly have been to me)

Best Wishes

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by reiki

Ahhh. I mentioned Zeitgeist merely because it is an alternate view and has (or had) possibility of "truth". One could question the 9-11 section as well. Whether or not it has truth value in that particular section should not be of concern. The other parts of the movie and the addendum do a good job of invoking particulars ideas in the viewers head. Hence, a good 'eye-opener'.

[edit on 14-1-2009 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Well honestly all I can say is there is not one of us that can change any of the conspiracies true or false, it's out of our control by a long shot.

All this survival crap, end game propaghanda, etc etc, is just a way to put you into a fear induced concious coma.

Don't believe in it, the way I look at it if it happens there is nothing we can do but stay close to the ones we love, and if you choose to protect them with your life.

Especially considering the fact if we do end up in boxcarts, on a path to no where, atleast if you follow the path of enlightenment, the force of divinity will look into you and bless you, and people will need people like me, like what you can become... people with a promise of love, and enlightenment.

The world is in dire need of people like the Tibetan monks...

And I fear they are facing a genocide, ready to go at any second.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrvalleyboy
Good Morning
Anyway something occurred to me last night. As I mentioned in previous posts I have tried the method of concentrating only on the present - the reasoning behind it as I understand is that focusing on the past or the future can bring anxiety on and so on. Well I experimented a bit last night and I found that if I focused on the future a bit of anxiety did kick in. However when I focused on the past (mostly of good times I admit) I felt a warm peaceful feeling. Any thoughts on this? My initial perception is that focusing on the past and certain experiences now and again can give you a lift and a good feeling - as long as you concentrate on good times!

Thanks again everyone!

[edit on 14/1/09 by mrvalleyboy]

Good morning to you also!

Spending time and energy on the past or future does not help. Yes we can have fond memories of good times but when we constantly go over our past wishing we had changed it, could we have changed it, what would I be like if I had changed it...? These type of questions do us no good. Similarly with the future, to constantly project your "self" into the future and play out scenarios and situations is also pointless. It is infact a waste of spiritual energy.

Yesterday has been, it will never come again. Tomorrow never arrives, it cant its the future. You name something, anything that you did in your past or future...? Thats right you cant, because everything you've ever done is in this very second your in now, you have done every thing in your life in the NOW. Its very liberating to know this, I found it very enlightening.

By living your life more in your now brings power and energy to your life. It gives you inner strength.

Go to your local library and rent Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now. Its a spiritual guide to enlightenment and has changed the lives of many.

The anxiety you felt is normal. It will pass. Its the old you being released, old karma, old self. Dont think about it too much, next time you feel this anxiety, just observe it and let it pass. Relax I guess, dont try to analyse why you are anxious just simply let it be.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Thanks Mr Green
Yes that makes perfect sense although rather than concentrating on what could have been had I done this or that differently it was more along the lines of reminiscing good times and appreciating how lucky I was to experience these things - would you still say thats a waste of spiritual energy? Im not debating what your saying at all Im just wondering if theres a good aspect to looking back to the past (I guess I believe everything has positives and negatives - ying & yang) because I definately felt happy n peaceful when I was reminiscing!

Thanks again

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   

I guess remembering the past with happy memories isnt a waste of time at all no. Its when you start to LIVE in the past it becomes an issue I soppose. Always thinking how much better it was when you lived where ever, or had that old job or saw those old friends. This is not living in the now its living in the past. But yer if you just think back and think wow that was good, then concentrate on your life now its different. I think living in the past in the end makes us feel sad, sad because we arnt happy with our life now.

All you can do with this is to follow your heart. If a spiritual path in life feels right in your heart, truely in your heart then you whont go far wrong.

[edit on 15-1-2009 by Mr Green]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Good Morning all

Yes Mr Green thats pretty much what I was trying to say - dwelling on the past can be unhealthy if you're doing it too often and constantly comparing it to your present situation. In a way I suppose Im kinda lucky because although Im at a stage in my life where Im searching for answers and so on Im still happy with my life and my current situation (Good job, good friends, lovely girlfriend, nice car etc) so dwelling on the past doesnt make me long for it. Plus one thing I did learn to do from an earlyish age was to appreciate every day and feel lucky to be alive as often as possible.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrvalleyboy
In a way I suppose Im kinda lucky because although Im at a stage in my life where Im searching for answers and so on Im still happy with my life and my current situation (Good job, good friends, lovely girlfriend, nice car etc) so dwelling on the past doesnt make me long for it. Plus one thing I did learn to do from an earlyish age was to appreciate every day and feel lucky to be alive as often as possible.

Thanks

You seem to be one of the more balanced people on here. You sound very happy. Well done, you my friend dont need to do a thing in your quest for enlightenment, your doing very well on your own, (well maybe loose the attraction to your "nice"car
material possessions are meaningless)

Leave this web site now
before it turns you .

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Hehe I knew the car would would get some negative attention. Well in my defence its the 1st one Ive had in a couple of years and I love being behind the wheel - I do however know where you're coming from with regards to material possesions. Thank you for your comment on my being balanced Its made a nice way to end the week and I can go home with a smile on my face! Thanks! Have a great weekend guys and if I dont speak to you over the weekend I will catch up with you on Monday

Best wishes Friends

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Mine started with a short movie we've all probably seen but isn't worth mentioning from there I started reading on the spear of destiny (in relation to Hitlers rise to power) and then a book on secret societies I don't have it with me or I would quote it. Anyways everyone starts a different way, kudos and happy hunting

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

Sir, you yourself do have some very good points and insights into this journey;

for me it is looking at the past and decisions made, choices that led to good things and to mistakes, for the sum total is what has formed the me in this here and now; we can't dwell on the past or focus exclusively on the future, yet must be able to look at the current now and be able to be positive and upbeat no matter what we face;

once I awakened to the fact that worry and fear in any form were stagnating roadblocks in eveyone's life if became much easier, for me, to always look for and find the good in every situation and change my way of perceiving it all;

not I want to, but I am and I will;

again, wise words and insights, mr green.

seeker

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zerbst

Originally posted by ben91069
In order to 'wake up' you must first determine what time it is. That's just elementary, and I am afraid I had to say that first.

no..no..no, you set the alarm 2hrs early then hit snooze 400 times!

All hail the snooze button!

Seriously...as a metaphore, the snooze function of an alarm clock is similar to reading, researching and taking in a lot of information, but not deciding if it's definatively right or wrong. Everyone's opinion is different and proof is almost impossible to prove! Plenty of evidence though.

The only thing we know for SURE is that we're going to die one day. Even then we don't know if that's "it"!

Armed with a multitude of new information it's easier to "err" on a certain side or have a better perspective on a subject.

Some come here with a thirst for knowledge, some to share experiences, some for attention and some for help.

I hope you enjoy a long and pleasant "drowse" with us here and enjoy your wanderings through the forums.

At the end of the day, what YOU believe is what really matters to YOU.

Welcome to ATS, hello Wales.....nerb

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ps...my 1st and only "sighting" was in Llandrindod Wells on a weekend break. Orange orb! Spooky!

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Morning
Thanks guys this really is turning out to be a great source of information and views (I too liked the snooze button metaphor but it didnt occur until it was just mentioned by Nerbot) not just for me but, as I mentioned before, for anyone else who maybe at a similar junction to myself (Maybe I should have titled the thread 'A beginners guide to waking up'?!).

One other thing that has been quite a constant in my life (and maybe someone can advise me here) is coincidence. Its hard to explain in depth but Ive noticed for a long time that things tend to happen or appear not long after Ive thought about them or someone has mentioned them.

For example: say I think of a movie or a person that Ive not seen in a long time, very often I find that that movie comes on or I bump into that person or come across an old photo of them within hours or days at most. I did just think it coincidence for some time but in the past couple of years its happened so often that I feel its too coincidenta y'know?!. I also experience deja vu quite a bit (not that I have any comparisons to measure myself by). Im not suggesting Im telepathic or anything like that but Id be interested to hear if anyone has an opinion on this or experienced similar

Thanks again

PS Thanks for the welcome Nerbot - Iechyd Da! (Welsh for Good Health)

[edit on 20/1/09 by mrvalleyboy]

[edit on 20/1/09 by mrvalleyboy]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join