It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok so how do I 'wake up'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Hi all Im very new to ATS and this is the first thread I have ever started on any forum so please forgive my lack of eloquence and presentation (any tips would be happily received)

My thread is kind of a follow on from DarkStars recent thread about knowing when the world was BS (this may have been covered and if so I apologise) I have had this idea since I was quite young myself and Im aware that in todays society very little is what it seems. My main question is this - How exactly do I 'wake up'? I know the system is flawed, corrupt etc yet I still find myself following this system day in day out and even though I see the bs I do little about it except discussing it with my friends and I feel that I could be being led along like the majority (i.e. the sheeple) towards a not so great future. I suppose after writing this my question splits into three parts What is waking up (is it spiritual for example)? How do I wake up? and What can I do to help find the truth?

Again if this all seems garbled ramblings please forgive me. Im still trying to get used to using forums and expressing myself in this medium and Im very aware that there are some great minds here that may look at this as nonsensical and not thought out properly. All the same I would still love to hear your thoughts, advice and discussions.

Many Thanks - Mr Valleyboy

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
In order to 'wake up' you must first determine what time it is. That's just elementary, and I am afraid I had to say that first.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Ok point taken - maybe I should have defined what I meant by 'waking up' and not assumed that people would know what I mean! Maybe a better way to phrase it is How do I see past and through all the BS and learn to avoid and ignore it Does that make more sense?

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Ive also just realised that this is posted in the politics section (at least I think it has - see told ya I was new to all this) My apologies once again This was meant to appear on the Gray Area section Is there any way I can move it or do I need to start the thread again there - or is it already there Hmm confused.com

[edit on 9-1-2009 by mrvalleyboy]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Could you post a link to the thread you were referring to? Copy the url from the thread you're referencing, click the blue globe thing above (when you're composing the reply) and then paste the url into the http section. Maybe that would help us.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is that what you were after? Sorry yet again (wow Ive never made so many apologies in such a short space of time haha) I'll get used to this soon hopefully

Thanks

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Hello my friend, Answer to your question.
You want to be awake, you can start by not believing a thing you hear on the mainstream media, it is just there to make you believe what they want you to believe. There are tons of alternative news sites you can get the bigger picture on, also do alot of research, watch documentarys, read books..

Eventually you will come to your own conclusions, and you will start to see trough the lie's and the BS.

If you dont know the news sites, documentarys to look up, i would be happy to help, and i promise you when you start looking at things in a differant way, you will get a sense of freedom in yourself knowing that you know that this perception of reality is mumbo jumbo..

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Hi there my friend, sorry about the first childish post, that does not reflect the majority and maturity of ATS (although we do have a laugh from time to time, you have to or you would cry!)....

Firstly, we know exactly what you mean by 'waking up' so dont worry, you dont need to elaborate further, and well done to you for following your instinct and seeking out the truth...

ATS is a good place to start, you can find many many things here across the boards, the more 'flags' it has, the more important the community feels it to be, although you can often finds gems of info that everyone else has overlooked! So it will really depend on you, and what your ready for or interested in.

I speak for myself and a few other members that i know this has happened to, often when 'waking up' there seems to be a period of 'doom and gloom' or even depression, this happened to me for a few months, others it can consume..... dont be put off, once you accept the world was not as you thought, you seem to come out of it.....

Also, try to focus on the positive too, i was spending all my spare time on ATS at one point, scaring myself into anxiety!..... it is not healthy and it also contributes to the negativity.... for me, im at an enlightened stage i feel.... i dont focus on the negative, i focus on developing myself with meditation etc, which is something you should look into at some point.

We have many scientific members, spiritual members, members that debunk and rationalize things (which helps keep a balance) there are experts in many fields, and the most intelligent people on the net will be found here!

Topic wise, its best to cover as many as possible, even the ones that seem nonsense, or members claim are nonsense ALWAYS do your own research, ATS is full of opinions not necessarily facts, so i cant stress enough that you do your own research..... For me personally, i try to stay neutral on most things, some i believe and know to be true, other subjects im still on the fence with, and some i just take lightly.

I hope you enjoy your time here and learn many things, just try not to become addicted! I know how easy that is from experience!..... and any further advice, dont hesitate to u2u me (private messaging service you can use to mail other members once youve posted 25 times)

And i know it looks like im new here too, but ive been around 6 years on here, but cant seem to get into my account, hence the new one!!

So enjoy ATS, and you stated your quite young? you should also try BTS when you need to chill out, the talk and subjects are much more relaxed, and its a good way to make friends...

[edit on 9-1-2009 by Merkabah]

[edit on 9-1-2009 by Merkabah]

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Sorry i must add that there is a lot of deception out there put in place to lead you away from the truth, so dont believe just anything you see or hear, go look for yourself, research it, and then you will come to your own conclusions. Eventually you will be able to filter out the crap from the truth. Good luck.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Thank you Truther and Merkabah Its nice to know theres people who not only share my views but know a heck of a lot more about them than myself. Ive watched quite a few documentaries (mainly concerning 9-11 and 2012) and done a tiny bit of research myself when I find an interesting topic Although I have a bachelors degree in disaster management (not a joke) Im nowhere near as academic as some on here and have yet to reach that level of independent research (plus I work a 60hr week so time is a commodity) I would be very interested in seeing some of these alternative news sites as even though I know not all mainstream media is deceiving I find it hard to identify the misleading stuff.

I know what you mean about getting anxious, nervous and focusing on the negative due to reading maybe a bit too much but at least Ive identified that and your comment (merkabah) has certainly given me a little relief - funny though as I was looking at meditation and astral projection techniques only yesterday - I love coincidences like that because it makes me feel Im on the right path, its as if the clues are all around (if that makes sense)

Thank you again and I look forward to discussing this and other subject with you in the future

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
PS - No problems on the first reply It gave me a laugh....after slapping my forehead and saying D'oh!! Ive read quite a few threads ere and I think I can recognise harmless tounge in cheek sarcasm as opposed to derogatory sarcasm No harm done at all

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by mrvalleyboy

To wakeup is part of your life. You have already in a sense wakeup because you are asking the question. So what’s next?
Now that you have wakeup you need to investigate. You need to be a seeker. You need to go where no “I” has gone before. This endeavor will venture you to some of the darkest place you ever thought existed. These places are in your mind. When examining all the thoughts in your mind never loose the sense that you are in control of this investigation and only you can examine all the thoughts with out judging or taking part on them.
It will be the biggest ever step you would have taking in discovering the real “you”.
Many people have manuals but I can assure you that these manuals are only guide. The true manual for your being is in your heart. Flick through the pages of your heart in analyzing your mind and the behavior of your mind in doing so you will see that your heart is compassionate to your thoughts and never judge them or part with them…your heart will just see them as they are…just thoughts.
Also, never give up.
Kacou.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
In order to 'wake up' you must first determine what time it is. That's just elementary, and I am afraid I had to say that first.

no..no..no, you set the alarm 2hrs early then hit snooze 400 times!

seriously though, read and read and read and read some more. just keep taken it in. websites will start linking to one another, bookmark what you like and keep reading! the key to establishing solid beliefs is to learn all you can from both sides of issues. feed that data into your brain and figure it out yourself.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Thank you Kacou I shall certainly attempt to do this on my journey Although knowing what questions to ask yourself and what to look for inside may prove to be just as difficult as finding the answers However I appreciate your input and it will be taken on-board

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Thank you Zerbst Much appreciated - Im well versed in hitting the snooze button by the way haha Thats one aspect of waking up I dont like Damn alarm clock

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrvalleyboy
Hi all Im very new to ATS and this is the first thread I have ever started on any forum so please forgive my lack of eloquence and presentation (any tips would be happily received)

My thread is kind of a follow on from DarkStars recent thread about knowing when the world was BS (this may have been covered and if so I apologise) I have had this idea since I was quite young myself and Im aware that in todays society very little is what it seems. My main question is this - How exactly do I 'wake up'? I know the system is flawed, corrupt etc yet I still find myself following this system day in day out and even though I see the bs I do little about it except discussing it with my friends and I feel that I could be being led along like the majority (i.e. the sheeple) towards a not so great future. I suppose after writing this my question splits into three parts What is waking up (is it spiritual for example)? How do I wake up? and What can I do to help find the truth?

Again if this all seems garbled ramblings please forgive me. Im still trying to get used to using forums and expressing myself in this medium and Im very aware that there are some great minds here that may look at this as nonsensical and not thought out properly. All the same I would still love to hear your thoughts, advice and discussions.

Many Thanks - Mr Valleyboy

Welcome, friend

The awakening process is different and varied for each individual, just as the stimulus that sparks the drive within us to seek our own answers, to step back and believe nothing until we have researched it from all angles and form our own opinions.

The realisation that things are not as they have been portrayed and dissatisfaction with the ' System" and it's focus on negativity can be quite stressful until the point is reached that takes you past your fears.

Here are a couple of links for you to threads dealing with this subject; one is my own.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

good luck and good reading.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
www.rense.com... is a good news source, updated every couple of hours, news you wont see on mainstream.

Also il give you link to this myspace profile "EDUCATE YOURSELF" this is what its called. He has a hundreds of documentarys and audio files that you can check out, hope this is of help to you..

profile.myspace.com...

Ive added you to my friend list incase you ever have any questions or we can share any new information that has come to light.. God bless

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Thank you Seeker (and thanks again Truther) I shall read these links with great interest As I mentioned earlier I am trying to stay away from the negativity because it does literally scare me silly and something I mentioned on another thread may be relevant here - If our collective consciousness is determining our paths could it be possible that we are being lulled into this negative state of mind (poss by TPTB) to prevent us waking up and ascending?! Any thoughts there?

Thanks again for taking the time to post on my thread
Peace be with you!

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I had my wake up call unexpectedly. I read Eckhart Tolle. His teachings are to live in the present moment. I was constantly worrying about the past and future and it was causing alot of anxiety for me. I thought I was going on a spiritual journey, which in a way, I was. But I did not expect to be led in the direction of finding the truth.

After I learned to live in the NOW, I woke up. I think it is just that simple. You will be led in the direction you should go. It has been an incredible experience for me. I hope you find your way.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Thank you I shall have a look at some of his work. I would say Im more worried about the future than the past However Im worried that the past we have been led to believe is true is not true at all and we are missing out on an awful lot of information and truth!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join