It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'misunderestimated' president?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I am not a "Bush Basher" as some think I am, but you have to admit, there have been some really strange thing's happening in our current state of affairs, both here in the USA and abroad.
As I was trying to find some information out via the Net, I ran across something that I wanted to share with you all here on the ATS forums.
Now, I want to restate "I am 'NOT' a Bush Basher." But some of his, lets say, "Point's of views and explanations" have been rather unbelievably comical and totally off of teh wall, here, I will just show you..

ON HIMSELF

"There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says, fool me once, shame on... shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again."
Nashville, Tennessee, 17 September, 2002

"There's no question that the minute I got elected, the storm clouds on the horizon were getting nearly directly overhead."
Washington DC, 11 May, 2001

"I want to thank my friend, Senator Bill Frist, for joining us today. He married a Texas girl, I want you to know. Karyn is with us. A West Texas girl, just like me."
Nashville, Tennessee, 27 May, 2004

HEALTHCARE
"I don't think we need to be subliminable about the differences between our views on prescription drugs."
Orlando, Florida, 12 September, 2000

"Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB/GYN's aren't able to practice their love with women all across the country."
Poplar Bluff, Missouri, 6 September, 2004

OUT OF LEFT FIELD
"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully."
Saginaw, Michigan, 29 September, 2000

"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream."
LaCrosse, Wisconsin, 18 October, 2000

"Those who enter the country illegally violate the law."
Tucson, Arizona, 28 November, 2005

"That's George Washington, the first president, of course. The interesting thing about him is that I read three - three or four books about him last year. Isn't that interesting?"
Speaking to reporter Kai Diekmann, Washington DC, 5 May, 2006

There are more quotes at the website, "Please look at these as a light hearted over view of some really funny things he had said since he had been back in office."

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

Most presidents have lists upon lists of odd statements, misquotes, poor grammar, etc. Though bush is sharp as a marble in my opinion, it does stand to reason that if you are put in front of a camera enough that you are bound to say some really stupid things now and again and Mr. Bush is no exception. Think of all the stupid things you say without thinking in the privacy of your home. Presidents are not any different.

I believe that Al Gore once visited my state, Florida, and while holding an orange commented on how delicious the peaches were in the state. It happens.

IMO no matter how funny the OBGYN statement was no one can top the accidental humor of Mr. Dan Quayle.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
i believe that bush and obama are told what to say thru a ear peice did yall notice how obama used not to stutter.. now that he became the elect he studers alot..after every sentence he stutters is a little funny to me it like someone is over top of our president controling them

destroy the negative germs, teach, and build.

-peace

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

Wow!! Went to a quote site for Dan Quayle, and you are right, he has some of the funniest quotes I have heard. and in all fairness and consideration of what I wanted this thread to reflect "Here you go":

www.brainyquote.com...

Thanks for the insight Osiris, I remembered some of them from the past, but it does shed new light on the "Quoting" dilemma's of Political teleprompters!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by new world disorder
i believe that bush and obama are told what to say thru a ear peice did yall notice how obama used not to stutter.. now that he became the elect he studers alot..after every sentence he stutters is a little funny to me it like someone is over top of our president controling them
destroy the negative germs, teach, and build.
-peace

That was a mouth full, huh?
"What does that say, or better yet, what were you trying to say?"

Welcome to the AST forums new world disorder!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

Mr. Quayle also misspelled potato in front of a group of children if I remember correctly. He thought the spelling included an e.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
thanks for the welcome! ive been reading for several months now but i was scared to post (usa gov't) but i thought what the heck?

destroy the negative germs-as it says negative germs
teach-teach the brainwashed the truth
build-build your protection aganist the negative germs

i just dont believe bush and obama are saying what they want with all this bs(wars,nwo,etc.) i dont believe the new stuttering is 'im thinking of what to say' i am a little off topic though

-peace

[edit on 8-1-2009 by new world disorder]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Great thread.

Lots of laughs.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

"Those who enter the country illegally violate the law."
Tucson, Arizona, 28 November, 2005

Classic dry humor that made me bust out laughing.

new topics

top topics

join