It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rice: Liar or Confused

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I noticed something after thinking about her testimony today. She repeated over and over how all 250 FBI field offices were tasking for Al Quada terrorist leads inside the US in the summer before 9/11. But according to the FBI they were doing no such thing and had received no such order or information to suggest they do so. She made it sound as if the FBI was working overtime to stop this threat when in fact they were doing nothing and had not been told to do anything.

Is that a out and out lie on her behalf? Is it legal for her to out right lie to the 9/11 commission? If she wasn't lying than at the very least it was some sort of dereliction of duty on her behalf if that's what she thought was going on?

Any thoughts?

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Yes, of coarse there are thoughts.....
Any reason not think that Clarke is not a liar also?
You call one a 'liar' and yet never mention that the other one (Mr. Clarke) has contradictions within his very own statements and testimony before the 9/11 Commission?

How ironic.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I think that Kerrey guy was also confused. He kept calling her "Dr. Clarke".

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Dick Clarke seems a bit confused himself, from what I have seen on television.

Either way, its still interesting to see senior white house officials testify regarding 9/11. We alteast deserve to know how they treating these threats.

Deep

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Yes, of coarse there are thoughts.....
Any reason not think that Clarke is not a liar also?
You call one a 'liar' and yet never mention that the other one (Mr. Clarke) has contradictions within his very own statements and testimony before the 9/11 Commission?

How ironic.

seekerof

There is a fundamental difference that I saw between what clark said and what Rice said. Clark explained himself, the context and the reasoning about the things he said. He didn't evade questions and you could see him really trying to help the commission understand where the discrepancies occurred and how they occurred and what was meant by the things he had said. Rice did answer some questions, but a lot of what she said had nothing to do with what she was asked. She gave the run around I'd say about 75% of the time.

But you still didn't answer my question.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Huh?
You know, arguing who was more at fault or who lied or who betrayed us or who didn't do crap, or who is who is pure partisan politics and as such, you know what?
I tired of the partisan politics runaround and BS!!

The time is for answers and figuring out not only what did go wrong but how to prevent or minimalize such another occurance!
I'm not the only one getting tired of this finger-pointing BS game! The freakin' country is tired of the horse-crap!!
This country, for many many years, has always got/had to have a damn scapegoat or a 'fall-guy/woman/individual(s)....it's down-right wimpish and sickening. Everyone, from the Senate to the House of Representatives to the sub-committees, need their collective ass's WHOOPED by the American People!
This country has become a country of spoiled little #s and combined with semi-defunct policies and regulations, etc., We, the People of the US now have a political system that is full of thiefs and brigands!

There were signs that something was going to happen because of our complacency starting with the incident in Lebanon and has steadily continued and grown to OKC, 1993 WTC, USS Cole, Samolia, myriads of embassy bombings and YET, when it 'explodes' into the tragedy of 9/11, the US, "we", are still trying to pacify "our" complacency by the continued practice of finger-pointing and locating of a scapegoat(s).....which all adds up to freakin' partisan politics.....and this freakin' partisan politics helps the American people how?!

You want to continue to play the game, do so, but frankly, I'm tired of it. The finger-pointing amounts to no solutions! The continued search for the "Holy Grail" of scapegoats continues and amounts to no solutions! The continued play of partisan politics has come up with no solutions! And with all those facts, we, here at ATS, cry "Deny Ignorance" and yet play the game of partisan politics and point the finger, just as they do and just as we have been trained and taught to do! Yep...I have been guilty of this...you bet...and I admit it....but I used the word: have, indicating past tense.
NO MORE......the time for all I have mentioned above to cease for me is NOW. My resolve is not on "who" but on "how" can the US identify what went wrong, why, and then how can "We" prevent or minimalize such an occurance again.

Partisan politics, 'he said, she said', amounts to nothing but my party and its beliefs versus your party and beliefs...and again, frankly, I am weary of the BS....the People deserve more than this political BS and this Country deserves answers as to how this happened, why, and then the establishment of a plan to minimalize and prevent.

The way I see it, instead of continuing to 'stir the pot', how about "We" step beyond all this and help "Our" country identify and then help implement a plan(s) that will help prevent untold thousands more innocent deaths. Once this is accomplished, this wimpy ass world needs to admit such and then work together to find solutions to it's (the world's) problems. Terrorism did not appear overnight and thus will not go away overnight, and admittedly, one (1) or five (5) nations will not be able to curtail it.....
It will require the world acting as a true, sincere community to fix this problem.

Peace.

seekerof

[Edited on 8-4-2004 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
She's confused because she realizes that she's going to prison so she is doing her best to lie her way out of it and it ain't working, leading to more confusion.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Great Post Seekerof

Until everyone stops goose stepping to the drumbeat of the big two, mindlessly buying every lie they spew and pointing the finger at the other side things will never change.

They remind me of two kids caught stealing candy and each trying to blame the other.

Its discusting and until we wise up and get rid of BOTH sides it will stay ther same

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I watched her testimony. I haven't seen that many memory lapses from the Repugnant lie factory since the Iran-Contra hearings.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
I watched her testimony. I haven't seen that many memory lapses from the Repugnant lie factory since the Iran-Contra hearings.

So, I guess you were having deja vue, eh?

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

So, I guess you were having deja vue, eh?

That's kinda what it seemed like.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
First off, for those of you who wish to nitpick (like me), here's the testimony in PDF:
www.9-11commission.gov...

Now, here are the numerous thoughts I had while watching Dr. Rice's testimony:

1) She obviously despised answering the questions-- as she noticably took up most of each congressmans 10 minutes by repeating 'facts' that she had previously stated (that pissed me off to no end).

2) One of the two things that were obviously lies, that she spoke on, was that the FBI was performing 'higher than normal' investigations of operational cells of Al Qaeda within the U.S.-- which it wasn't. As a matter of fact, at one point, when she was asked about the FBI's increased intensity as far as looking at local Al Qaeda cells goes, she began her answer talking about the CIA's increased role in searching out Al Qaeda in the U.S., right after she spoke about the immense lack of communication between the CIA and the FBI.
***BTW - The lack of communication between the CIA and the FBI is completely the White House's fault-- they are supposed to be the bridge between the two agencies, as both agencies report directly to the White House and the President.

3) The second outright lie Dr. Rice laid out, was when she said (more than once) that 'they' (being the President, herself, White House, and whoever else) did not know the "who, what, when, where, how, and why" that Al Qaeda would use when they did decide to attack inside the United States. Later in her testimony, Dr. Rice was forced to admit (after one of the congressmen produced a document declassified this morning) that 'they' had been told that Al Qaeda would possibly hijack planes and use them as weapons. They also knew who was involved, or atleast a few of the involved hijackers, as one of the recently de-classified documents revealed 'they' had (I believe it was) Mussauwi and let him go (not physically, but had him under surveilance).

Watching that testimony today pissed me off, like a slap in the face. An aggravated insult of my intelligence.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cappa
Watching that testimony today pissed me off, like a slap in the face. An aggravated insult of my intelligence.

Yeah, you know what sucks? Alot of people are going to buy her lies as truth.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
A few facts that caught my eye, that ran across the bottomline during her testimony, that those of you (I am one, myself) extreme conspiracy theorists out there:

A ) Condi Rice went to college in Denver (home of the Denver Int'l Airport and supposed underground mind-control center(s))

B ) Dr. Rice went to college at the tender age of 15! (Perhaps she was part of a child sex-slave/mind control project we've all heard about?)

C ) Dr. Rice was tutored by the father of... oh god I wish I could remember his name. I forget, and now I wish I'd written it down, but I do remember him being a prominant politician-- probably a congressman or higher-up. If anyone can remember, please post or U2U me.

I post this just to satisfy the theorist in me-- if anyone else has any ideas on this, please post.

[Edited on 8-4-2004 by Cappa]

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   

B ) Dr. Rice went to college at the tender age of 15! (Perhaps she was part of a child sex-slave/mind control project we've all heard about?)

Cappa, I am currently tutoring a 15 year old young woman, who happens to be a freshmen in college and I hate to break it to you, no, she is not a hybrid or as you want to intelligently claim: "part of a child sex-slave/mind control project"......

WTF is with the twisted "project" crap anyways?
*shakes head*
I wonder if you would find offense if someone labeled you as such?

seekerof

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   

WTF is with the twisted "project" crap anyways?
*shakes head*
I wonder if you would find offense if someone labeled you as such?

Uh. No, I wouldn't, though I don't necessarily see why I might be 'labeled' as such.

Why does it piss you off so much, anyway?? You don't like it, ignore it.

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Exactly for the same reasoning you just gave Cappa:

I don't necessarily see why I might be 'labeled' as such.

Just interchange "I" with her name, k?

seekerof

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   

One thing appeared obvious to me, Seekerof.
Something is/was wrong with Dr. Rice, it could simply be that the lying she was forced into the position of doing was bothering her, or perhaps something deeper. Who knows? IMO, anyone is or could have been part of some conspiracy/project/control-- and when people such as yourself start blowing up over the possibilities I might offer as a matter of opinion (especially when I've done nothing to YOU), that makes me even more curious. So again, why do you care?

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
A government official lying and stalling to keep themselves out of trouble? Come on now, let's not get all paranoid

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cappa

One thing appeared obvious to me, Seekerof.
Something is/was wrong with Dr. Rice, it could simply be that the lying she was forced into the position of doing was bothering her, or perhaps something deeper. Who knows? IMO, anyone is or could have been part of some conspiracy/project/control-- and when people such as yourself start blowing up over the possibilities I might offer as a matter of opinion (especially when I've done nothing to YOU), that makes me even more curious. So again, why do you care?

You ever think that Seekerof may just be challenging your ideas to see if there may be any substance to them?

One major thing that bothers me around here is that anything anyone can't explain immediately becomes a "project" or some super global conspiracy down to the most minute detail, perpetrated by a reptilian super race and a satanic cult.

Sometimes a liar is just a liar...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join