It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dying in a black hole and the 2029 Asteroid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Haven't seen this posted anywhere
Astrophysicist Neil Degrasse Tyson talks about what it would be like to die in a black hole and the coming asteroid in 2029.
howgoodisthat.wordpress.com...

[edit on 8-1-2009 by Winsor]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I remember this guy from quite a few programs I used to watch on Discovery and a few of the other channels, Dying in a black hole would seem very painful. Being stressed like one would be, I would hope one would slip into unconsciousness the moment they hit get in

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LokMessier

Ya he actually seems to be getting some decent mainstream attention lately. Very entertaining funny guy. I believe he is the guest with the most frequent appearances on The Colbert Report.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Winsor

Pretty much the only person I really ever liked to listen to when watching the channels that dealt with doomsday or something that pertained to the Universe. He pretty much makes the information easy to understand as well as enjoyable in a way you can get a good chuckle out of it.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
How could one die inside a black hole?

I mean befor you go to it the light "ur brain" would get sucked in first right? lol ie you would be dead befor you even knew you was "inside it"

that guy talks rubish,.,,,

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by theresult
How could one die inside a black hole?

I mean befor you go to it the light "ur brain" would get sucked in first right? lol ie you would be dead befor you even knew you was "inside it"

that guy talks rubish,.,,,

I guess your whole body would be sucked in but youd probably be dead long before you entered through lack of oxygen. Although I dont think it would suck your brain in first.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
My brain is based on light / electrons = smaller mass

You would be dead long befor you "knew" it trust me...

Like i said the guy talks trash

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Damien_uk

Theoryreticoly you body would infact be a string of atoms based on its mass..

have a nice day hence why i said u would be dead befor you knew it..

U wouldnt see it for a start "light cant escape" then ur mind would be next as its based on electons>> then your physical matter

get in line in order of mass

he talks crap..

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by theresult

He does say it all happens in a matter of seconds.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
also possibly relevant www.universetoday.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Winsor

That headline makes me think: "Maximizing survival time in the event horizon of a black hole."

Adding on two more seconds or something o.O?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
What im saying is.. You would more or less fall asleep befor you got close to it..

Just becouse hes telling you how your body "Atoms" would react to gravity would not be "you dieing"... its just what happens when you get far to close to something so big..

Like i said befor The first part of your body "the light" ie what you see would go first "hence why we call them black holes".. so you wouldnt even see it...

then Your "energy" electrons wizzing about ur being would be next.. or more or less at the same time the light u couldnt see..

Falling asleep is what would happen befor you got close to this super mega hole in space...

and it has to do with MASS and gravity..

And it would last "you death" depending on how fast you are heading towards the "black hole" so it would not happen in seconds "unless hes doped you inside one" then whats the point? hes hypothisising the idiot..

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Would the gases in the atmosphere not be sucked in first?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Even with protection you would die way before you reach the event horizon.

The asteroid bound for earth in 2029 will probably, if anything, hit the moon rather than the earth. Not saying that's a good thing though.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bl0rg

I don't think you would die before you reached the event horizon. BUT, event horizon is known as "the point of no return" so you might as well be. So once you pass through event horizon and begin to approach "singularity", as they call it, all atoms and subatomic particles are torn away from each other. So in essence, your existence no longer exists.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Corvinus

yep.. TORN.. lets get that right lol.. string of mass/atoms flying at different speeds

he is talking rubish as i said you woul be dead befor you got even close.. and for a start you would not notice it

Hence why i said falling alseep... thats what its like to die without knowing kidna thing..

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by theresult

Great posts, Theresult.
I can see by the way you type and formulate your thoughts that you're likely correct, and that the astrophysicist, whose been welcomed on television programs quite a few times now- And, seems to be known, is wrong.

God bless the internet- Without it, true genius could never be revealed.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
We'll that astrophyscisist needs to lay off Albert Hoffmans work conducted in the late thirties, also known as Lyseric Acid Diamide.

Why?

NASA scientists and so far have already calculated this asteroid(named after a greek or egyption god for the God of Destruction) as a threat level 0. It will be passing by in 2010 i think, then 2017, then 2021 then 2029 or something.

It will come closer than our sattelites to earth in 2029 but it will not collide based on the current predictions. And I honestly doubt we would let an asteroid hit earth based on some of the theoretical ideas we have already -- yes they take 10 years prior planning and launch but I suggest they'd work fairly decent.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Ya he says that in 2029 it will not hit us and that it will come so close that it will be closer than our satellites but he says that if in 2029 it passes through a specific 600 mile "keyhole" then it will hit the earth 13 years later.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join