It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rockets from Lebanon hits Northern Israel

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
It would be nice to find out if there are any facts sorrounding Israel receiving 40 neutron bombs from the USA last summer along with some TR3B Black Project aircraft? Neutron bombs make nukes obsolete.

It's common knowledge that Israel received 100 American jet fighters last summer, but this other rumor needs to be verified...if possible.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It certainly doesn't take long for people to jump all over the "omg nukes we're all gonna die!" bandwagon.

It's a very minor skirmish on the northern border, that they are not even sure who it is. There are so many extremist groups out there with rockets and machine guns, it takes awhile to figure out who is pissed off at you on any given day.

It would have to escalate a WHOLE lot more before even more serious war measures were taken, let alone nukes. I doubt that's in the foggiest corner if anyone's mind who is actually in power and making decisions.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh
[Probably a false flag op by the Israelis? To invent an excuse to sort out the Hizb too? I mean, like killing two birds with one stone!! Good Idea! But bad strategy! ]

I agree, but for Israel to immediately fire mortars into Lebanon was wrong, just because it wasn't known who fired those rockets, It could have been anybody with a vested interest in widening the conflict

I wonder how Israel knew these rockets came from Lebanon, maybe by radar I suppose. I was surprised at how quickly Israel returned fire, without demanding to know who the heck fired those rockets, and especially when those few missiles didn't cause any human casualties on the Israeli side.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

I would guess they returned fire quickly because once the rockets were detected, using a little technology they could trace back to the location they were launched from, drop a couple shells on them before culprits fled and kill them.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by John Matrix

I found this site about a US-Israeli arms deal from last year.

The U.S. government on Tuesday said it had approved up to $330 million in three separate arms deals for Israel, and sources tracking a much bigger deal for 25 Lockheed Martin Corp F-35 fighter jets said that agreement could be approved later this month.

www.corpwatch.org...

Can't find anything about the selling of neutron bombs.The Israeli's have had them for years anyway.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

gosh, i had forgotten about the suitcase nuke which is supposed to explode in isreal! scary things, lets home some of that aid from iran doesn't detonate as it stops at the checkpoint.

i really hope for everyones sake that no one is insane enough to do this, alas i know for a fact that there are people who would do it if they could.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Yeah this isnt anything serious.
As soon as the attacks happened Hezbolah called and said it wasnt them.
My dad called as well, he lives in Israel, and told me its nothing.
I was watching the Israeli news last night and the top general dude said its nothing to worry about.

I remember a few years back when I was in Israel I went to visit and army camp at the border. When I arrived Lebanon shot some rockets in and Israel returned fire. It was surreal seeing a little mushroom cloud in real life. Not to them obviously as army chief told us it happens every few months. One Israeli soldier died in the attack when I was there.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Israel has bitten off a little more than they can chew this time. Their little game is going to backfire, and it will be well deserved.

Next time the explosions in their request for aid video will be real.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by arizonascott

Israel has bitten off a little more than they can chew this time. Their little game is going to backfire, and it will be well deserved.

Next time the explosions in their request for aid video will be real.

I find it disturbing that someone with such anti-Israeli views lives so close to me.

Perhaps when the Mexicans start randomly shelling Phoenix, your opinion of the Israeli effort to stop the random killing of their own citizens will be tempered by experience and not stupidity.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Originally posted by David9176 It doesn't say much about the rockets...only that 2 people were lightly wounded. The intent to mass kill innocent Israeli civilians is there. The fact that Israel did NOTHING to Lebanon is still there.

I was just refering to what the article said about the rockets...not my opinion on the subject.

It was breaking news at the time. There wasn't much info.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I agree with a few posters. Israel were very quick to verify it was not Hezbolah, too quick in fact. Also Israel were far, far too amiable to the Lebonese doing the investigating.

Surely this would have been a good PR situation for Israel in drumming up support for them if they were being rocketed by two diffirent organisations.

Something not quite right methinks.

respects

[edit on 8-1-2009 by captiva]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I think this would be called a sucker punch. I hope this does not turn into a world war and i hope the US will stay out of this one. how much do people want to bet that soon there will be an "attack" on our troops that will somehow drag us into this.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
I am VERY unhappy with my government. I can't stress this enough. From the bailouts to the Gaza conflict and on many other things...i'm very angry at the actions and stances my government has taken.

Our government is out of control. I hope for change...believe me.

I'm curious to know what you would do. Wave your arms and say "stop fighting"? We've tried that. I'm curious to hear your bailout solution as well. Precisely what change are you proposing? It's easy to boo from the sidelines, it's quite another to be on the field.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by nkhoury
This shows that Israel has failed miserably in protecting Israeli civilians.

Last I checked, domed cities take a lot of time and money to build...so...what would you have done to protect Israeli civilians from an attack like this?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Matrix
It would be nice to find out if there are any facts sorrounding Israel receiving 40 neutron bombs from the USA last summer along with some TR3B Black Project aircraft? Neutron bombs make nukes obsolete.

I recall them buying nuclear weapons when the U.S. and Russia were selling their short and medium ranged nukes. The de-proliferation treaties put many up for sale and Israel bought quite a number as I understand it. They might've been phased out...but not sure why they wouldn't be part of the arsenal.

It's common knowledge that Israel received 100 American jet fighters last summer, but this other rumor needs to be verified...if possible.

Israel has been buying our planes since the mid-80's. The funny thing was when we shipped over our F-15's and F-16's, they looked them over and said, "The avionic are okay but..." *rip, retro-fit* "this is better". We bought that technology off of them and use it in our planes today to extra long radar range.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by zodgilla60
I would guess they returned fire quickly because once the rockets were detected, using a little technology they could trace back to the location they were launched from, drop a couple shells on them before culprits fled and kill them.

I guess that as well. Ammo is expensive, and the bigger the ammo the more expensive. No sense in firing blind and they don't have a history of doing that. They knew what they were shooting, but maybe not who they were shooting.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
Perhaps when the Mexicans start randomly shelling Phoenix, your opinion of the Israeli effort to stop the random killing of their own citizens will be tempered by experience...

As I understand it, they have the historical 'right' to do so, don't they? We took the land from them. Same for Native Americans.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Israle has been manufacturing softball sized neutron bombs for years. Since the 80's. They are said to be able to clear out an area of 1-2 miles (of people) but leave infrastructure unharmed.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Israle has been manufacturing softball sized neutron bombs for years. Since the 80's. They are said to be able to clear out an area of 1-2 miles (of people) but leave infrastructure unharmed.

sorry thats bollocks

an enhanced radiation weapon is a nuclear bomb , usually in the megaton class , with an outer core and case of the salting material - in the case of an enhanced neutron the outer core would be chromium with x-ray mirrors to enhance the neutrom flux - with gold instead you enhance x-rays

but its still a thermonuclear bomb!

theres nothing `clean` about it - it goes bang , and there a mushroom cloud - its just the kill range on the small weapons - MGM-52 LANCE with the W-70 dial a yield ERW warhead was greater than the prompt effects.

as for baseball sized neutron bombs - that`ll be the myth called Red Mercury

[edit on 8/1/09 by Harlequin]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Not sure how this thread got so horribly off topic. Anyone have any more news about rockets from Lebanon? Its sounded more and more like the 3 that were fired from there today was an isolated incident from some Palestinian faction and was condemned by Hizbollah and the Lebanese govt.

So kids, no WW3 from this little isolated flareup today. Its okay to go to bed now.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join