It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rockets from Lebanon hits Northern Israel

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by danj3ris

and thats what scares me the most

I hope for peace.. but the way this is going its looking like rapture came early

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by theresult

Our "Great War" started with false flag mortar shots in 1939, called "Manila Shots" and fired by Russia towards them self.

The private archives of Soviet party leader Andrei Zhdanov contain material, which heavily hints that the entire incident was orchestrated in order to paint Finland as an aggressor and launch an offensive.[2] Some Russian historians express doubts in the document's authenticity.[3] The Finnish side declined responsibility for the attacks and identified Soviet artillery as their source — indeed, the war diaries of nearby Finnish artillery batteries show that Mainila was out of range of all of them, as they had been withdrawn previously to prevent such incidents.[4]

However, in the days following the Shelling of Mainila, the Soviet propaganda machine generated publicity about other fictitious Finnish aggressions, renounced the non-aggression treaty with Finland, and on November 30, 1939 launched the first offensives of the Winter War.

en.wikipedia.org...

- In this historical aspect, wars have started before with firing artillery to your self...

[edit on 8-1-2009 by JanusFIN]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by gordonwest
... but I honestly think it is leading to World War Three.

You don't say? Former Israeli Air Force Captain says it on a BBC interview. Watch it

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by gordonwest

its crap on a mega scale..

Now we have a goverment from another state "tho be it not the goverment" but look at afganistan??? The goverment "aka taliban" did not attack the USA "if you belive that" but harbord the MR osama!

same thing with leb.. Israel is attacking a country

We are in DEEP shizzle here people!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Just remember that there hasn't been any real details released. We don't know who in Lebanon did what.

Of course with things being as tense as they are, I think it was a bad idea for Israel to return fire into another country which until now hasn't been a part of this current conflict. Yes, they were retaliating. But I really think calmer heads should have prevailed here, in this specific instance.

It's like those old westerns where someone throws a punch at the saloon, someone retaliates by throwing a bottle which misses and hits someone else, then all hell breaks loose.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I'd give 100 to 1 odds that IF Israel did not exist the countries in that region would still find some reason to be at war.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Cowboy style justice

That won't work in the long run, hopefully.

link   

ATS is worlds best front seat to worlds events, News narcotics... We get lots of news from Hezbollah stance yesterday; reports, news, analysis:

Nasrallah Says Hizbullah Ready To Fight Israel
www.abovetopsecret.com...

If you want to join this worlds fastest news agency, there is always fire in the ass to send the breaking post!

I am sure that this forum is closely watched in many news agency around the world, and now there are more younger reporters working too. Breaking alternative news section is gold mine to any tired reporter, who wants to find something interesting to write...

link   
reply to post by eslon

OK now that i was corrected.. NOT..

Hezballah are connected to SYRIA???

Hamas is connected tooooo iran?

Or am i missing something???

If i am wrong then you just make it even more crappy... lol

Now that IRAN is well in the thick of it.. Now i await mr amra.. i cba to sell his name its to long.. they puppet of iran ect.. hes going to be wayyy gobbyy..

oh and how come syria was investigated for the assination of rafik hareri.. "sorry but its late i cant spell his name".. use to govent leb befor the blew his a$$ up.. this was HEZBOLLAH..

not HAMAS..

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Muundoggie

yeah tho your only problem is

ISRAEL DOES... now wtf we gunna do about that lil number?

lol

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   

You missed my point.
None of those countries know how to live in peace.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Jan. 8 (Bloomberg) -- Crude oil traded little changed after rising on concern Israel’s conflict in Gaza will widen and disrupt supplies as rockets from Lebanon hit the Jewish state.

“When these unexpected geopolitical factors emerge they will drive prices stronger,” said Victor Shum, senior principal at consultants Purvin & Gertz Inc. in Singapore. “We’re seeing the risk premium coming back into the price.”

www.bloomberg.com... fer=canada

Jan. 8 (Bloomberg) -- The yen advanced for a second day against the dollar after rockets fired from Lebanon struck northern Israel, prompting investors to seek the perceived safety of Japanese assets.

The attacks come a day after Hassan Nasrallah, leader of the Islamic Hezbollah militia, warned of “all possibilities” against Israel as conflict in the Gaza strip entered a 13th day.

www.bloomberg.com... us

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

An Al Jazeera reporter with close ties to Hezbollah said Jan. 8 there was no chance the rockets were fired by the Shiite militant group, because the rockets were of an outdated model that Hezbollah had not used for years, The Jerusalem Post reported. Channel 10 also quoted him as saying that had Hezbollah wished to open a second front to Israel’s north it would have fired dozens of rockets, not just three.
www.stratfor.com... banon_hezbollah_did_not_fire_rockets_israel_reporter

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I see Israel just made another great mistake, this time in media war.

If Israel was shot by Lebanon, why was so hurry to shoot back? Now, after "School Bombings" Israel is highly condemned around world from being aggressor. They could use these rockets very effective to show to whole world that they are victims too, asking wider justify to their acts... "Look what our neighbors do to us!"

Now both sides are firing, then both are victims and aggressors.

I think Israel should wait here, even few hours to get media to their side... But now its too late, and anti-Israel world can report "Both side are shooting each others"

In my eyes its now all about more provocations to escalate this war...

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
this is starting to match up nicely to bidens generated crisis, if this escalates even more, i believe the US will get involved, this is looking scary..

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
I see Israel just made another great mistake, this time in media war.

If Israel was shot by Lebanon, why was so hurry to shoot back? Now, after "School Bombings" Israel is highly condemned around world from being aggressor. They could use these rockets very effective to show to whole world that they are victims too, asking wider justify to their acts... "Look what our neighbors do to us!"

Now both sides are firing, then both are victims and aggressors.

I think Israel should wait here, even few hours to get media to their side... But now its too late, and anti-Israel world can report "Both side are shooting each others"

In my eyes its now all about more provocations to escalate this war...

guys this is getting ugly - not because of the new war which seems to have started but because it fits in nicely into the agenda.

Here's the pattern:

* Israel gets criticised for its undue force, followed by attack on school.
* media turns against israel, swaying public opinion.
* International pressure escalates to stop attrocities.
* israel lets up for three hours to get aid to gaza to win back public sentiment and starts talking about truce etc
* false flag op
* reason to fulfill agenda AND gets a big war started to get america out of the financial mess like last time.

... i hope this is not what we think it is...

[edit on 8/1/09 by 04326]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

Our "Great War" started with false flag mortar shots in 1939, called "Manila Shots" and fired by Russia towards them self.

omfg!

not a one line!

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Army responds with artillery fire to Katyusha barrage on northern Israel Thursday morning and is ready for possibility of escalation in region. Security sources believe pro-Palestinian Lebanese group behind attack

www.ynetnews.com...

WAITING TIMETABLE!

- It would be very interesting to know, what was exact time when rockets was fired, and how long did it take when Israeli shells hits ground in other side. That timetable would give us good information, what happened, and in what scale.

UN is on there, so I think we will get direct info from firing. I hope everyone look to those news... Post here when published somewhere.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 04326

UN forces are there, and I think they will get order to stand between forces, lift up their status in region.

- We need their statement from observing stations
- Hezbollah statement
- International press is driving like mad to border now, we will get Live reporst in few hours from region.

So, lets cool down, and surf the sources. Truth is out there...

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Attack on Israel from Lebanon threatens 2nd front

Israel has repeatedly said it was prepared for a possible attack on the north since it launched its bruising campaign against Hamas militants in Gaza on Dec. 27. Israel has mobilized thousands of reserve troops for such a scenario, and leaders have warned Hezbollah of dire consequences if it enters the fighting.
www.google.com... 5ioi_0jtO9RjMwPNRoXNCndRPRq3gD95IRC3O0

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join