It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rockets from Lebanon hits Northern Israel

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Probably a false flag op by the Israelis? To invent an excuse to sort out the Hizb too? I mean, like killing two birds with one stone!!
Good Idea! But bad strategy!

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Untill now the bloodshed in Ghaza did not stop missile attacks; in fact it actually increase the number of rockets fired from Ghaza and it opened a new war zone from Lebanon from the north of Israel. This shows that Israel has failed miserably in protecting Israeli civilians.

My point of view is that allot of hatred is being created from the Israel attacks. This will result in the violence cycle to continue and even spread in the region. So those people that lost their kids and homes (In Ghaza and Lebanon “2006”) even if they were not resisting in the past they are now willing to anything to resist. Also people from neighboring countries (I am not saying rulers) that are upset from the brutality of Israel will do something about. Now it started from Lebanon and maybe other people in other neighboring countries will follow suite.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I agree, I heard Hezbollah contacted the Lebanese government and swore they didnt launch those rockets.

Some ones trying to provoke Israel....probably Mossad wants to start a wider war.

Will be interesting to see who it was after Lebanon does an investigation into it.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeeGee
This is not good. I truly hope this doesn't escalate, but it seems doubtful at the moment with all the carnage going on.

It will not escalate everyone in that region has to much to lose.

Where else would they go if they destroyed the entire region with nukes?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Its a well known fact that Iran backs terrorism in Lebanon,so did this attack really happen,or is this an Israeli/US instigation in an attempt to get Iran involved?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I wonder how many people will pay attention to this.

(from your news link)

Lebanese Prime Minister Fuad Saniora condemned both the attacks and Israel's retaliatory fire. The attacks are "the work of parties who stand to lose from the continued stability in Lebanon," Saniora said.

Hezbollah has said it does not want to draw Lebanon into a new war. Small Palestinian groups, who have rocketed Israel twice since the end of the 2006 war, have recently threatened to open a new front against Israel if the fighting in Gaza continues.

An Israeli Cabinet minister, Meir Sheetrit, suggested that Lebanese splinter groups, not Hezbollah, were responsible. He said the government had no interest in renewing hostilities.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
NEWS UPDATE from Fox News:

New video just in of more rockets launched from Lebanon. Satellite signal was interrupted in mid sentence.

Makes it more unlikely that it is a false flag operation by Israel.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Jerusalem Post is reporting that Hizbollah is NOT repsonsible for the rocket attacks. This wil not escalate.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Wow this is really getting serious here. They are getting it from the North as well! Seems like the Illuminati is going to have a FAT pocket if all goes to plan.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

They said something similar in 1966 when some Israeli soldiers will killed by a mine in the Golan Heights.

Israel said it was done by terrorists but assured the King of Jordan they wouldn't attack.

A day later they did.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

From your BBC news source:

Information Minister Tarek Mitri told the AFP news agency he had been "assured" by the militant group Hezbollah they were not involved in the rocket attacks.

Israeli cabinet minister Raif Eitan said he believed Palestinians in Lebanon, not Hezbollah, were behind the attack

and:

Originally posted by JanusFIN
I think there is very great possibility to staged events now, maybe opposition in Hezbollah is behind this, maybe even Israel itself; They decide that campaign continues, but because world is watching, there is urgent need for another front now.

- West Bank was very silent yesterday, why?

Very good points...especially the post about the 'Manila shots' Janus

Two thoughts on this angle...

1: Hamas urgently need the support of Hezbollah and their operatives inside southern Lebanon stage their own 'flase flag' to draw a reluctant Nasrallah into the fray after being fired upon by Iraeli forces, knowing that there will be many within Hezbollah that will be calling to aid Hamas against a common foe

2: All quiet on the 'West Bank Front'...Too bloody quiet! Hamas' political rivals, Fatah, who maintain control of the 'Bank are sitting back and waiting for their chance to take power once the fighting ceases, and with the full political blessings of Israel and western state powers...All we hear in the media is regards to Hamas...never anything about Mahmoud Abbas' Fatah

Perhaps they are even colluding militarily with Israel and aiding the escalation of the battle by being asked to launch rockets from Southern Lebanon..why else would the Cabinet Minister make such a remark that he 'believes' that Palestinians were behind the attack...more than likely they were...'false flag' again

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Something serious _HAS_ to happen, Bush and his Scumlords only have 12 more days left to play, unless of course they never leave...

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
It was relatively quiet on the Lebanese front UNTIL the Israelis decided to let aid into Gaza. So, the aid gets in, the world backs off Israel for a second for relenting and then, from the north some rockets come in. Seems to me someone doesn't want Israel to get anything but bad press. Someone stated that IDF shoots little girls. Horrible to be sure, but I would say not premeditated, but how many buses full of old men and little girls has Israel blown up by homicide bombs in backpacks of brainwashed kids? Of course, this topic always brings out every anti-Israel and anti-terrorist member and troll on ATS squaking their own truths, but I'd be getting pretty angry if MY neighbor was in his backyard shooting into my backyard every day. I know there are issues bigger than this in the region, but not everything can be blamed on the IDF and Israelis.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
lets "hope" Obamas "change" actually will come true then, and stop all this foreign "policy" war #...but then again, that will never happen. Vote Ron Paul.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by zodgilla60

Sure both sides are/have used abhorrent tactics in this long and sorry affair, but try and step back from the emotional and try and look beyond, into the wider political-power agendas and their agents

Emotions cloud the thinking and prevent you from looking objectively

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

Let me get this straight, Hezbollah says that they didn't do it, and you believe them?

Any group that is capable of launching rockets at civilians is capable of lying about it

It is clear that "someone" is trying to provoke a wider war. Could that "someone" be Iran?
They've been itching to get into this thing.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kresh

I agree with you - enough American lives lost in the Middle East. Let the UN sort it out without the US this time.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
There is too much speculation here. Stick to the facts as the story unfolds.

There is also too much anti American and anti Israel verbal diarrhea flying around.

We need the facts without the rhetoric. FACTS!!

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

David9176:

I don't believe Israel will use their nukes. They have enough fire power without them, plus they really do know what using them would bring about for the rest of us. However, I do not have that much faith in a counrty say like Iran or Syria. They have never denied the fact that they want Israel destroyed and all the Jews killed. Now, can we as a counrty advocating Israel's right to defend their people and homeland, stand by while they are being ganged up on? What do we do. Let the Arab's do what they say they will do and kill all the Jew's?

I agree, it is most unsettleing and disturbing. I also fear that it will grow into something of a much bigger problem for all of us.

Just my thoughts,
Grandma

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This is going to turn out quite wonderful.

It'd be amazing to not even get involved with this but since we kiss Israel's ass so much, we might just get involved more than we want to.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join