It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rockets from Lebanon hits Northern Israel

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Breaking- Reports: Several rockets hit northern Israel from Lebanon. More soon...

Now a report- Israel has since "returned fire" against Lebanon

New source:
news.bbc.co.uk...

english.aljazeera.net...

[edit on 8-1-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
This is breaking, apparently some rockets from Lebanon has hit Northern Israel.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by star in a jar]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
And so it begins.

Rockets from every side and the USA enters the fray with a promise to protect.

Soon Iran will be under the laser sights as well one might think.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Excuse me for my lack of knowledge here...but who is Lebanon allied with? I have no idea to be honest. Is this being fired at Hamas or the opposite?

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

israel and lebanon are not the friendliest of neighbors. So it would be in support of gaza and against israel.

... we keep ignoring the fact that american troops are on the gaza / egypt border - monitoring the tunnels. The plot thickens!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by 04326

Sigh. I wish they would all stop this. I'm sick of war and seeing innocents die. It only brings about more hate.

This is disheartening news to say the least. One has to wonder what this could escalate into.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
[who is Lebanon allied with?]

Lebanon has the Hezbollah movement, which is largely Shia. Hezbollah of Lebanon is allied with Hamas, largely Sunni.

This is very unusual, however there is an ages old saying- "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

The superficial gulf- so difficult for outsiders to understand- between Sunni and Shia does not apply here as they are fighting an common enemy- their Zionist enemy.

That is, if those few rockets were actually fired by Hezbollah and not 'other' parties.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by 04326

israel and lebanon are not the friendliest of neighbors. So it would be in support of gaza and against israel.

... we keep ignoring the fact that american troops are on the gaza / egypt border - monitoring the tunnels. The plot thickens!!!!!!

I didn't know American troops were doing that?

That's not good.

link   

um not good news atall.... Not on the bbc or any networks here

I hope this aint the start of war "real war" syra back "in controll" of leb.. Iran want iraq..

and they BOTH want rid of israel.. very very bad news for us all

link   

Israel Hit by Rockets From Lebanon; Clashes Rage in Gaza

BREAKING NEWS — Three rockets fired from Lebanon exploded in northern Israel on Thursday, the first since the Jewish state launched an offensive in Gaza two weeks ago, Israeli police said

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Agent Provocateur someone?

As Yonotan Shapira said "This could escalate to a world war"

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

BBC link here.

This is gonna escalate.... I feel it.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by mr-lizard]

Editted out of courtesy and rushed opinions.

[edit on 8-1-2009 by mr-lizard]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   
It doesn't say much about the rockets...only that 2 people were lightly wounded.

Would this be the government of Lebanon firing these rockets or some kind of group from within?

Not many answers in the article.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Nothing up on PRESS TV yet, an attack from Lebanon was imminent. Its just impossible to tell right now how far this will spread, im very hesitant to say that Iran will get involved at this point, but now that Lebanon has gotten involved things could get worse.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
its hezbolla or something..

Its not the goverment.. but a force inside.. and this lot is under the controll of syria..

this is very distrubing news.. Iran Controlls hamas.. Hisbolla are ther pals in leb..

And we know israel is trigger happy.. i fear this will get alot more complex.. i just hope israel dont start 2 fronts ..

even more scary is they could smath them both.. infact they could wipe out syria iran and anyone els..

Do you know how many nukes they have?
300+ last time i looked

Oh and the USA will be happy, but only when iran join in syria has no oil

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
This is not good. I truly hope this doesn't escalate, but it seems doubtful at the moment with all the carnage going on.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Let's just hope the Yanks stay out of this... but I guess they'll be jumping on soon to be defending their jewish masters....erm allies.

I have no idea what is going to happen...but please remember that there are many people in the US that are against all of what is going on. I am VERY unhappy with my government. I can't stress this enough. From the bailouts to the Gaza conflict and on many other things...i'm very angry at the actions and stances my government has taken.

Our government is out of control. I hope for change...believe me.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by GeeGee

could this be a false flag?!!??!!?

I mean if USA wants iran "or its oil" then what better way than to get leb and other people involved IE iran..

Syria Has a UN investigation over the bombing of former pres hirari "sounds like that" anways..

What if they want to drag iran into it?? or connect some kinda dots so the usa can say IRAN did it!!!

you know like WMD in iraq??

man this is scary to say the least

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by theresult

If Israel starts shooting nukes we are all screwed. They cannot expect to shoot a nuke off and not expect to get a retaliation strike back. Nuclear war would be endgame for them....and many others.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Breaking news they are returning fire on Lebanon. No info other than this so far.
www.foxnews.com...

[edit on 8-1-2009 by David9176]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join