It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it just me, or are you getting sick of reading all this middle east stuff to?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I don't know about you, but I am getting SICK and tired of ATS getting flooding with crap hear and there about this and that regarding the Middle East! I mean, sorry to sound ignorant (bless the ATS slogan) but I just don't care anymore!
I mean, I turn on the news to see what crap they have come up with, and the first thing that comes on is, Israel this, and Israel that and this happened to Gaza, I mean come on, show something a little more comfortable, we can't do anything! I just wanna sit with my 3 year old daughter and watch the news, instead I see a dead baby being crowed surfed through town, I mean come on! Now don't get me wrong, I do care about the children over there, because they have no choice in the matter and it disgusts me to see that children are dying, and suffering from this, but it has come to the point where the media is getting overboard!

[edit on 6-1-2009 by the_black_project]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
if you dont care go read some threads about reptillians. some of us do care.

also i believe there is already a thread started on the topic of not wanting to hear this anymore.

also if it was your baby daughter being crowd surfed through town you would care. put your self in others shoes.

[edit on 6-1-2009 by TheRepublic]

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by the_black_project

Well people wanna be informed, i do agree whoever that the mainstream media is being a little ridiculous in the they're footage of whats going on. But world events effect all of us. Especially this time, it's an extremely sensitive situation, all accross the Middle East, and it does effect us, our foreign policy and trade is centered around what goes on there.

I'm no sick of hearing the headlines, i'm just sick of the twisted bias networks it's being presented on.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Strategy 101.

When you feel overwhelmed with the repetitive news on TV or radio, change the channel.
When you get bored with the same news on forums and news sites, find different sites to look through.
When you are sick of seeing it in national and local newspapers, read a book.

I am not flaming you. I seriously mean every bit of that. When I get tired of seeing or hearing about a particular subject, I change the medium by which I get my info fix. Even here on ATS, when I feel bogged down and no longer care to research a particular news event or subject, I just dont click on those postings. They will always be there in the future should I wish to go back and review them later when I can stand the input once again. I also do not watch more than an hour of the national news a week. Much like soap operas, it doesnt change much in a week, so combining that hour with my online research is more than enough. I consider that my "spin doctor hour".

I hope you dont feel insulted, because all of the above is just my honest advice from my own daily life.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Just think how the people in the Middle East feel!!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
No, what I am trying to say is that, not that I don't care about whats going on there, I dont care about the ridicule being brought up by the media! Ofcourse I care, I just dont like they way this is being portrayed, and before you know it, its just going to get worse, I mean look, we are already making big deals of this, this is exactly what the people getting harmed and injured don't want, being in the spotlight!

And yes I agree it would be horrible if my daughter was in that position, though that is not my argument, my argument is that the media is going to far "televising" that!

I mean, I love everyone alive - thats true - nothing would make me more happy than world peace, and media is fueling rage and war!

[edit on 6-1-2009 by the_black_project]

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Fortunately, there has now been a forum created solely to discuss Middle East issues. Threads dealing with the subject are now being transferred into it by the handful. You can adjust your settings through the member center to prevent the threads in that forum from showing up on the recent post list. It's at least one effective method of filtering that content.

I find the Middle East issue fascinating as a whole but I'm rather exhausted of a new thread being created every time someone breaks a fingernail over there. It's nice to know it has its own forum now and I can be free from that topic for a little while by adjusting my settings.

posted on Jan, 7 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
The problem is that stuff over in the middle east has been going on for thousands of years. They just simply cannot get along. I'm sick of hearing about it as well because its just the same stuff over and over.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
See, I care about what's going on, honestly I do. However, I think it's a little unnecessary for the media to twist a turn every little thing to there own personal bias. It's getting to the point that all the news channels are talking about the SAME event but twisting it to fit what they want.

new topics

top topics

join