It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaeda message blames Obama, Egypt for Gaza violence

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Al Qaeda message blames Obama, Egypt for Gaza violence

www.cnn.com

The speaker, identified as Ayman al-Zawahiri, addresses Muslims in Gaza. He said the violence "is one part of a series of a crusade war against Islam and these air strikes are a gift from Obama before he takes office, and (Egyptian President) Hosni Mubarak, that traitor, is the main partner in your siege and killing."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Heres food for thought. President-elect Barack Obama form of a Christmas gift, a war. While I'd hope not many would buy into their words, its definitely something to think about.

Personally if we allow terrorism to spread fear in a man I have great faith in, only America suffers. And you know, Bush hasn't exactly left yet....

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Yeah getting news from CNN is never a good idea. And i'm not surprised the media is throwing Al Qaeda into this for fear mongering.

Sad really....

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

The 10-minute message also address Muslims worldwide, claiming that Obama was portrayed as "the savior who will come and change American policy" during the U.S. election but is now "killing your brothers and sisters in Gaza without mercy or even pity."

I don't understand, what is the reasoning behind blaming Obama for this? Maybe I'm committing the mistake of believing terrorists are able of 'reasoning'...

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by converge
I don't understand, what is the reasoning behind blaming Obama for this? Maybe I'm committing the mistake of believing terrorists are able of 'reasoning'...

Republicans and terrorists are the same, they both want to blame everything on Obama before he takes office.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Liberals and terrorists are the same, they both want to blame everything on Bush before he leaves office.
You're pathetic unless you were joking!

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
There is a very simple reason why they blame Obama.

What will it take some of you people to realize that Al Qaeda has no intention of playing by the book, they don't give a rats ass about Obama. Yes, extremely shocking for some, but it's true.

It looks like they are prepping to strike the US again, even more so now that Obama has selected Leon Panetta, a man with no experience.

Maybe this is part of the test Biden was referring to.
When we get attacked again, I don't understand why Bush will be blamed.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Well I was just curious because I went to the page looking for further clarification and apparently there isn't any, or CNN doesn't mention it.

But it sounds like the typical terrorist ranting, blaming everyone and everything except their religious extremism and self-destructive positions.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

IT"S FEAR MONGERING AMONG THE MEDIA!

They've been doing this for years, come on people wake up. They're just showing us scary video of a "terrorist" poiting fingers, just to make sure we didn't forget to be afraid of something.

Come on now, deny the ignorance, it's a dis-information campaign IMO.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
There is a very simple reason why they blame Obama.

What will it take some of you people to realize that Al Qaeda has no intention of playing by the book, they don't give a rats ass about Obama. Yes, extremely shocking for some, but it's true.

That terrorists don't play by the book, well, it's obvious. And that they don't give a rats ass about Obama, again obvious. Why would they "give a rats ass" about any US President?

What I was asking was why is this being blamed on Obama specifically? Obama isn't in Office yet, Bush is. Why isn't Bush being blamed? Is it because the US is blocking the UN resolutions? Again, how is that Obama's fault?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by racegunz
You're pathetic unless you were joking!

Of course I was.

Al Qaeda blames Obama?

When you think about it, this seems like a way to continue the Bush war plans during the Obama administration. war and blame, convenient?

Al Qaeda, a Bush creation, the saga continues... Coming to televisions everywhere.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by converge

He meant this was setting the stage for the kind of administration Obama would be running. He wasn't "blaming" more welcoming him by setting a precedent for his behavious by not stopping Israel.

They want him to take charge and do something, and he's not, cause he can't, therefore it's his fault.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Agreed. This fear-mongering is EXACTLY how TPTB rammed through crap like the Iraq debacle. There is constantly a boogey-man around the corner that we must fear and want to go to war with.

al CIAda up to their usual shenanigans.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
They want him to take charge and do something, and he's not, cause he can't, therefore it's his fault.

Ah, so like I thought.. completely ignorant terrorist 'logic'.

But hey, coming from the people who have no regards for laws and democracy, it isn't surprising at all.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
It's not Obama's fault yet, but when he gets into office and perpetuates the same failed american policies, it will be....

Don't blame me....I voted for Ron Paul.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

IT"S FEAR MONGERING AMONG THE MEDIA!

And I suppose the next thing you'll claim is that this is the work of the CIA.

Do you honestly think AQ wants peace?

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
They can't blame him. He hasn't even taken office yet

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Do you honestly think Al Qaeda exists? well exists independantly? Come on now, i don't know what the CIA have to do with anything, what i do know is the word "terrorist" is a bush/cheney metaphor for...

"we don't like to color of your skin or the god you pray to"

or

"You don't agree with our elite way of running things"

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by soultorent

Did I read right? For once, Bush isnt being blamed for this???

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Do you honestly think Al Qaeda exists? well exists independantly? Come on now, i don't know what the CIA have to do with anything

Well the CIA did have direct involvement with the Afghan "freedom fighters" in the 80s, and no one can contest that.

If the CIA has some involvement with those groups now would be anyone's guess, but there are good arguments in favor of it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join